Crime rates in inner cities rising not falling

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (57 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

At a BLM  protest last night in Dallas Texas  6 cops shot and killed  , 12 officers shot  !    President Obama   in response ,  calls out  for more gun control rhetoric .     When will he  take a reality pill  and  begin a  prosecution of rising inner city violent  crime , when will he say ANYTHING against the BLM  and       "pigs in a blanket " ?   

Should  the BLM  to be considered a  terrorist organization , after all , all lives matter  and police lives matter ?

1. jackclee lm profile image82
      jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

If BLM, they should start with Chicago inner cities of black on black shootings -https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20160329/humboldt-park/shootings-up-80-percent-chicago-this-year-highest-this-decade-by-far

1. Credence2 profile image78
        Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

We are looking at both, Jack. What I expect from a law officer is quite different than I what expect from any criminal. Am I not justified to hold the cops to a higher standard?

What is being done in Chicago? Is BLM marching there in the South side?

it is as I said before, these shootings are being perpetrated by law enforcement, not criminals. So, why are we comparing apples with hand grenades?

There are concerted efforts to deal with black on black violence, unfortunately, there has not been as much success as I would like. But, too many conservatives seem to think that this gives rogue cops adequate cover.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Unless you can explain how the shooter was directed by Black Lives Matter organizers into shooting the police officers I would say you are unfairly targeting them for the actions of others. If you held a prayer vigil and someone came in and stabbed some of the participants could we then label you a terrorist? I don't see anyone calling for the police in Baton Rouge to be labeled terrorists just because they shot a man who was down. Or, any other police organization when they gun down innocent civilians.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh my Gosh ,  sounds like Obama talking ,  If it's a Islamic  terrorist  we should call it  that , if it's BLM terrorists - lets call it that too  ,    BLM  has called for" pigs in a blanket " , it happened at a BLM protest and no protesters were hurt in the shooting so they weren't targeted were they ?,  The suspects have already said it was about recent cop shootings and" wanted  to kill white cops " .We have to call it what it is , whatever it turns out to be , Yet the leader of America , Obama , calls for gun more controls  that only guys like me with no criminal record will suffer  for  !   

Pres. Obama merely sounds like a broken  record at this point .

BLM is funded and bought for by George Soros's organizations,
          http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 … -cutthech/

Jack, I don't care who assists in bankrolling, as far as I am concerned, BLM serves a valid purpose regardless of conservative opinion.

What purpose BLM serves in your opinion? What are better ways to accomplish them?  If the people are so passionate about it, they should not need agitators like Soros to keep it going. What is the goal of this group? Will it help or hurt race relations? Will crime rates go up in these communities or will they improve? BLM, just as Occupy Wall Street is not a legitimate group. The people who participate in these are being manipulated. Can't you see it?

it serves to direct attention at racial disparities in law enforcement and the criminal justice system. That is important. I see Soros as no different in his advocacy tactics, then say, the Koch brothers. I don't hear the right raising fuss about their money to influence an outcome.

Conservatives criticize Soros because they know if the money for the protests run out,  so do the protests. There not getting off from the hook, this time.

I don't see manipulation at all, as doing nothing and ignoring the problem is no longer acceptable. BLM will take its allies from any and all sources that agree with premise of the movement. Hats off to the ubiquitous video camera.

I look for results first and foremost. It seems to me, you can go a long way to reduce police shootings if you teach young kids to follow police instructions when stopped and don't resist arrest. Any disagreements or feeling of injustice should be taken at the station.
                  Isn't that what Eric Holder told his teenage son? Why can't that be applied to the whole community?
                  Instead, we have an escalated tension with BLM and violence and all of police is now under fire for the bad actions of the few. I am not excusing bad police behavior which exists in all parts of society. Let the criminal justice system deal with that.

Jack, these latest rounds of shootings have nothing to do with people not being law abiding, that's the problem.

It doesn't hurt that major city police departments are on notice that these kinds of confrontation between police and the public are to be avoided with appropriate training and such to match. That, of course, unless you want and endless slew of lawsuits and who can afford that? So it benefits all sides.

We do have to call it what it is. And, we don't have to expand on what it is with malicious speculation. If it is proven that BLM called for the attack then, yes. I will agree that they are a terrorist organization.

I still say it is hypocritical to complain at the gunning down of officers when we don't get the same outcry when civilians are gunned down. All Lives Matter. No matter the skin tone or the side of the badge they are standing on.

1. profile image0

You then imply that this shooting is justified ? When "white " officers were targeted , You are <personal attack snipped>.

1. Live to Learn profile image60

I didn't imply that. A sick individual would say that.

I have reported you for this personal attack.

Don't do that L & L, I need to keep Klink in charge at Stalag 13.

3. IslandBites profile image89
          IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wrong. At least two protesters were hurt.
          An yes, the suspect said he wanted to kill white cops, but he also said he was upset about BLM. He also said he was not affiliated with any particular group and did it alone. Btw, he also said things like the end is coming and that there were bombs.

The Dallas PD documented the BLM protest (as a peaceful one, btw) and even posted photos like this.
          https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmzgvqhVMAAckrT.jpg

1. profile image0

Racism by cops is a rarity , not any where near  a constant yet it is the entitlement mentality of an immature and liberally enlightened [brainwashed ] youth ant-establishment culture that walks the streets romancing the sixties in America , ALL promoted by this president .      I have terrible and tragic news for the BLM , All lives matter !

Defend violence against cops if you will ,  real America knows the difference.

1. IslandBites profile image89
              IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Bla bla bla.
              Who is defending what? Read again.

3. RJ Schwartz profile image88
      RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

BLM protests were getting too peaceful - these guys were inserted into the matrix to adjust that

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"When will he  ...  begin a  prosecution of rising inner city violent crime , when will he say ANYTHING against the BLM …"

Maybe never.

PS ahorseback: what do you mean by "pigs in a blanket." Obama was very positive in his speech regarding our "men in blue" and how they are doing their jobs well and need our respect …  and those who died, our prayers.

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Yes.  A domestic terrorist group = BLM
    BLM is funded by the evil George Soros, who has funded Obama and Hillary. 

It is sickening to read about the officers gunned down.  It is sickening to see the BLM supporters celebrating the deaths of those officers on Twitter and encouraging more shootings of police officers.

ADDED:
    Obama has been supportive of BLM.

Last year, Hitlary stated that she is willing to change laws to appease BLM activists.

3. colorfulone profile image78

An obscure group dubbed the “Black Power Political Organization” (BPPO) has claimed responsibility for gunning down and murdering Dallas cops.

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13094058.jpg

They had a Facebook page taken down, but the web cache link is on the article below. 

For More Details:  http://www.infowars.com/black-power-gro … in-dallas/

They are trying to start a race war? 
    What evil!

4. colorfulone profile image78

The Truth About the Dallas Sniper Attack
    By Paul Joseph Watson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByE_CpXIjRA

5. profile image0

I wish that I could even articulate  what I man about the most genuine-- "real " racists in America today ,-------- Example , today there is a  huge  screaming match particularly in and about  the minorities on the left ,   about minority abuse from whites , blaming mostly white, male , conservative , America ;  Right ?

While anyone traveling to America today  would think that  a time warp had occurred  ,transferring  the political atmosphere and "racist "climate of two hundred years ago  right up through space  and delivering it  right into Americas modern culture .

Yet for one ,  most crimes within the minority ,inner cities  are proven to be black on black .  Black  populations  in America hover somewhere between  14 and 17 percent right ?    Why then do black abortions account for fully one third of all abortions in America today ?    Is it because white male  conservatives  rape every black woman they see ? ..... No !     Is it because of  white supremacy , ......No  !  Yet  does anyone ever even acknowledge  that  black abortions in America today  KILL more black children that ALL OTHER  CAUSES COMBINED ?

Google it !  When and if The  screaming mindless extreme left in America starts reading TRUE statistics ,  graphs  , charts and ALL TRUTHS  relating to  minority issues .   They will quickly learn that white male conservatives are not their enemies and  that perhaps  black America  needs to clean up it's own house before screaming "racist ".   I for one am sick and tired of  the throwing of extreme liberal ,blame bombs where they are not deserved ! And that is at white America .

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

Pinpointing the negative never helps. Why do we focus on imaginary (racism is not widespread) injustice? We need to focus on our ability to accept each other, help each other, cure the ills of depression, hatred and resentment.
    How to cure?
    A dose of Jesus is always a good start.
    smile

1. profile image0

++++++++++++++++++++++

Careful Kathryn, they will call us  out  by "Run to Jesus , guns and bibles " or some such nonsense.

I think she was suggesting you stop and ponder What would Jesus do. It might help stop the madness.

1. profile image0

I agree !  That she is ,she has a beautiful soul  and a kind heart  I

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

We have to realize that there is a higher destiny for us. We can't keep groveling like this! We have to rise above all this madness ... which will free us from GOVERNMENT.
            Why did Obama get on his usual soapbox regarding gun control??? Inappropriately rude if you ask me, which no one did. We already have laws in place!!!

PS In Dallas, racial issues pose few problems. Why did those shootings happen there?

1. profile image0

Why Obama does that is because he is clueless in leadership ,   clueless in honesty , as crime rates have dropping incredibly since before the nineties,  This Rhetorical war against authorities has to end - his interpretation of the realities needed for this to happen are more gun controls ?    Where is HIS condemnation of  the rhetorical battle cry against police  from  of the left ?

Jesus was a guy, dude.

Oh, he meant me. He flatters me all the time. lol

Oh. That's good to know. I hadn't run across any positive or courteous posts by him. Now I have. I wonder what the temperature in hell is at the moment?

Really hot per usual, why do you ask?

I thought there was an outside chance that it might have frozen over.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

All people can look to their own hearts. We must not be influenced so much by the media. We can dig to a deeper reality within us. Thats all I'm saying. Now, if it turns out that the greatest enemy we have is the government, let us accurately discern and admit the truth.

7. colorfulone profile image78

Alton Sterling, the man shot if Baton Rouge had an extensive rap sheet.   
    (a registered pedophile)

http://clashdaily.com/2016/07/boom-come … =tellmenow

8. profile image0

Its bad parenting !

The  only learning that takes place in too many a childhood experience today , especially in the inner city  , is  street learning ,   head phones ,  smartphones ,TV. the violence of video , a large disconnect  from parental  input of controls , moral , honesty ,compassion , empathy for others .
    Personal accountability is a thing of the past ,    We have become a nation of  latch-key kids grown to adulthood . 

If you don't think that that is  what's going on today in the city neighborhoods  , if you think two thirds of the BLM marchers  aren't these  same results of un-connected parenting  , you have a perception problem ,   It is so obvious  that some of the crimes that people play out are of this new age  disconnect , the knock out game ,  petty crimes turned to adult crimes .The same old story of  drugs , alcohol , sexual abuse of young adulthood , sexual  assaults on high school and college campus'  are on  the rise .

I grew up rurally  , however the same lifestyles  have manifested  there ,    much of these same crimes and  lifestyles are here to  , kids grown  entirely to adults all too often without any moral compass  .  They didn't have them as kids ----and they don't have these values to pass on to the children they already have, all too often , ---------- as teen age mothers and fathers  .

Now combine lousy or even just plain difficult  parenting ,  AND throw into the mix  the entitlements of  a welfare society , often generational welfare entitlements , you end of with marchers in the streets demanding More ,  More what ?  More of anything that's for free .  Example  , the looting that will take place all of this summer , the much divisive elections and conventions ,   a poor economy  , All of this life on the edge of anarchy right now  will be being played out in thirty  second sound-bites on U Tube .

This summer , the inner cities  have a microphone !

9. profile image0

And yet  , The media in general has got to put  killings  by police back into a perspective of reality !    How many millions of cops in America go out every day without the slightest  wish to  hurt anyone ?   How many of these shootings  HAVE actually turned out to NOT be  doe eyed little  boy scout offenders ?  In fact  if the media were truly  interested in fact  ,  many , many of the "victims "   turn out to have ,not only  an arrest record but multiple arrests ?

Dallas Police chief said  something like " ...........We aren't social workers , we aren't  teachers  , we aren't medical  or psych  workers  or baby sitters............... ", of course  I'm paraphrasing  but its true !    A cop begins his career at the bottom of the pay scale  ,   Just how much does anyone expect  them TO do ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)