Please stop making pages unavailable due to changes in hub page

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (70 posts)
  1. Kelley Eidem profile image45
    Kelley Eidemposted 7 years ago

Every time one of my pages is updated it gets turned off for public viewing!?!?

For example - please keep in mind that this is but one example out of many! -  a change to the comment section either allowing or shutting down comments results in the page being taken down for a period of time!

There is no good reason for this happening because there is nothing to be reviewed. Having the page become unavailable is most likely highly detrimental to the page's SEO.

Please stop doing turning off the page for edits that don't require reviews. The policy has also resulted in delaying making needed changes because of the fact that the page would be taken down for a period of time.

The best to you.

Kelley

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello, I'm not really sure what you are referring to. Hubs that are featured stay indexed unless they are unfeatured or unpublished.

Kelley Eidemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's really simple. Here is the message from Hubpages on top of an article I where I changed the ability to leave comments: "This Hub has been submitted for publication, and will be published once it has been reviewed by the administrator."

If I make any changes whatsoever to one of my hubpages, including such things as either allowing comments or changing the number of comments shown on a page, my article is put in the sandbox so that no one can see it until it is approved for publication.
        Changing the order of the comments from most recent on top to oldest on top is yet another example of this.

In another case, I removed a capsule. The result was that my article was unpublished until approval was given!

There is no legitimate reason for this, especially since it hurts the SEO of the article, and makes it impossible for potential readers to see the article.

In the latest example, viewership has dropped about 200 views for a single day for the article, not counting how Google treats "dead" pages.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Every time you update an article, it goes back through the QAP.  That is standard procedure here, and it happens to all of us.  Usually the lapse in time is short, so I don't see the problem.

1. eugbug profile image96
            eugbugposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Should hubs show a "pending" status in statistics when edited? Mine never do and I'm constantly editing them, plus there never seem to be any additional views in Google Analytics from QAP.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image92

It looks like your Hub was unfeatured due to spammy elements and not as a result of going through the QAP. You should have received an automated email explaining that your Hub was not featured.

You are wildly deflecting from the issue and not providing any useful information.

Regardless of whether an article is featured or not is irrelevant. There is no legitimate reason for putting an article on hold due to such things as changing the order of the comments or in allowing or disallowing comments.

BTW, the article has received 650,000 views thus far which is a great boon to Hubpages.

Maybe instead of focusing on things that are not germane to the issue, you'd take the information and improve the system.

Really?  I took a look at your profile and I am amazed that HP even allows you to publish here at all, since you are totally using this site to promote a book you wrote in all but one article.  The information I gave was valid, and as you can see from the response you received from Christy, you are totally in the wrong about this issue.  Of course you're getting tons of views...you're talking about curing Cancer!  Are you a doctor?  If not, what makes you think that the book you wrote is more credible than info put out by the ACA.  You're lucky I'm not the one in charge of banning...which apparently some of which has already been done on your profile.  HP needs to finish the job and keep this site free of the type of problem that has gotten it into trouble with Google in the first place.

1. theraggededge profile image98
                theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's a bit strong. His hubs are thought-provoking and useful. He's obviously a doctor of something. If we don't get to see the alternatives, how can we question whether the mainstream health services are treating us right?

For example, 10 years ago Dr Atkins was showing people that diabetes can be controlled with low carb. The UK and US diabetic associations were telling people their diets needed to be based around meals consisting of mainly whole grains. They have since (at least in the UK) revised their guidelines slightly. It is well known now, that a high fat, medium protein and low carb diet is best for people with diabetes.

Banning and shutting people up because you don't agree with them is tantamount to closing down free speech.

This has nothing to do with disagreeing with anybody's point of view. 

As a Cancer survivor, I really dislike people promoting materials about it who do not advertise themselves as being medical doctors who specialize in that particular field, especially when they are espousing "cures" because this gives false hope, which is an unbelievably cruel thing to do to people.

If there was a cure for Cancer, don't you think the medical community and the general public would know about it and run like crazy to access it?  Furthermore, it is against the TOS of this site to self promote. 

There are "alternatives" touted all over the place, but to date there has been no proof that they work.

I had a young cousin who was desperate and fell for an "alternative" that cost her family hundreds of thousands of dollars in an attempt to seek a cure.  She died last year, and prior to that, the other people in her group also died.  How's THAT for an alternative!

Cancer and other serious diseases are nothing to fool around with, but frightened and desperate people are easily misled by false claims.

I have not read the hubs or the book, but the titles and the fact that the photos for almost every single one of them is one of the book cover is the worst case of self promotion I've seen on this site. Furthermore, the author does not claim to be a medical doctor. 

So, in the end, what you have is someone who has no real personal knowledge about the topic who loved a concept and decided to capitalize on it thinking, perhaps, that he could save people.

Speaking as a person who has had Cancer, I could do the same thing.  However, my personal experiences have taught me that I should show more respect for the sick among us than to try and lead them away from conventional, and often successful, Cancer therapies.

As I speak, there are more than 2 million Breast Cancer survivors in the US.  That surely speaks to the fact that doctors are, in fact, trying to cure it.

End of sermon.

The main reason there are 2 million CLAIMED breast cancer survivors is that breast cancer is over diagnosed 31% of the time, according to the New England Journal of Medicine.

That was 70,000 women falsely diagnosed just in 2008 alone. Not all of them survived the brutal treatments they didn't need, however, so there are only 2 million breast cancer survivors.

As for the myth that if there were a cure for cancer wouldn't doctors and patients be running to it. Are you? The fact is that doctors are trained to not ask any questions when someone is cured by natural methods. I've seen the actual wording in JAMA.

Patients have also shared time and again what doctors have siad to them wich happens to match what was in JAMA. To paraphrase, the doctor often says, "I don't know what you did, and I don't want to know." Often they will also tell the patient to keep doing it.

One of the reasons doctors say that is due to litigation. If they know, it increases the chance of liability, at least according to the thinking of those in the medical profession.

So time and again patients cure themselves using natural treatments, but the wisdom does not get picked up by the medical profession.

You mentioned a relative spending hundreds or thousands of dollars and dying anyway. I cured myself for $20. Others have followed suit.

But the average cost of death from cancer is $350,000. Nearly 600,000 die each year in the US, so high costs are the rule with the treatment you defend even though those methods have been a miserable failure for most. Even those who survive are injured in some way.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when someone says natural treatments offer false hope. There is only one kind of hope. It's hope. But natural methods offer far more than hope. They offer healing rather than hurt. What you defend is something that is incredibly cruel: horrendously painful and deadly nostrums that ruin people's and their family's lives.

IOW, it's the height of projection whenever someone offers or defends deadly methods while complaining about safe and superior natural methods. FDA-brand medicine kills as a rule, not as an exception.

The other day, I heard a pathologist who noticed that most of the cancer cadavers he examined had died from things like burnt up livers and damaged heart tissue from the chemo or radiation. The cause of death was not cancer. The patient died because they fell for the garbage that they allowed themselves to be subjected to.

2. theraggededge profile image98

'Medical doctors' aren't necessarily at the cutting edge of research, you know. There was an elderly gentleman here in the UK who dedicated his life to nutritional research. He died a while back in his 80s. However, all his conclusions, such as saturated fat not being the villain as it was portrayed by the 'medical doctors', are now being confirmed by mainstream medical science. If we don't have people who are prepared to stand up to the pharmaceuticals, and the doctors taking payments to prescribe their drugs, we'll never find out that, in most cases, commonsense and logic go a long way.

You put your faith in the medical professions, and that's fine, but you can't insist that everyone else who disagrees be banned. It's called choice.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image92

I was simply explaining that going through the QAP, which happens every time you make an edit, does not cause an article to lose indexed (featured) status. The reason your article has lost featured status is because it had issues with passing the QAP, not as a result of the fact that it was pending.

You're still missing the point.

It should not matter how an article is categorized when it comes to delaying the republication of an article when the change is the removal of a capsule.

What possible difference could it make if the comments are listed as "oldest first" or "most recent first?" There is no reason or need for a review.

How does it make a bit of difference if the only the first 100 comments are being shown or all of them?

It makes zero sense for an article to be held up for those reasons.

It's bad business to force a temporary unpublishing for changes like that.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92

The article is not "held up" or "unpublished" during this process. If it was already featured, it continues to remain featured and able to earn while it is being assessed. It is only unfeatured after problems are detected.

If no problems are detected and the Hub passes the QAP, it remains continuously featured with no gap in visibility to readers or search engines and no interruption to earnings, including the time it was being assessed.

This is simply not true.

Read what Hubpages published at the top of the article while it was unpublished NOTING THE CAPITALIZED PART: "This Hub has been submitted for publication, AND WILL BE PUBLISHED ONCE IT HAS BEEN REVIEWED by the administrator."

The number of views suddenly dropped by more than 2/3rds as well in the ensuing hours as the 24 hour clock showed.

The article gets unpublished! The link from "Statistics page" is also a different color when the article is unpublished.

2. Kelley Eidem profile image45

Here is an update. The views for the affected page have dropped from over 300 a day to about 50 in the last 24 hours as a result of Hubpages not keeping the page published.

That's an 83% drop.

Visits from Pinterest have dropped from about 180 to about 25. The risk is that a valuable Pinterest link that has been a source for up to 32,000 visits could be shut down as a result.

All because I changed whether people could leave a comment or not.

No.  All because the team finally caught you spamming and promoting your own products.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Unless you visited the hub 50 times in the past 24 hours it is published.  If it were not, it would not be visible to anyone but you and would have zero views.

3. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

I remember issues about these hubs a few years back being discussed in the forums. If it wasn't your hubs, it was someone else who claimed to have cures for Stage 4 cancer. The hubs were considered spammy by others back then too and offered false hope to patients. Not all cancers are the same. Hubpages  isn't meant to promote books.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

It is also the case, in the US, that making therapeutic ("cure") claims for unproven substances is illegal.  It is a law to control the sale of quack cures to vulnerable people.

+1  The truth is that I'm surprised the team has allowed the hubs from this author to stay on this site for that reason alone, let alone that they are so self promotional.

It's easy to get tons of views when manipulating sick, desperate people who want to be relieved of their pain and suffering by offering them unproven cures.

$20 to cure Cancer?  Really?

5. theraggededge profile image98
    theraggededgeposted 7 years ago

Well then, you'd better petition HubPages to get rid of this category: http://hubpages.com/health/alternative- … ments/6300

Otherwise, the OP is well within the remit to post his hubs.

Yes, TimeTraveller, I'm well aware you accused the OP of spamming from the beginning. Then you made a judgment about his work while admitting you hadn't bothered to read any of it. Cool.

Your cousin made the choice she made. You have no idea whether she would have survived whichever road she took. People who have cancer are usually desperate. Some have no insurance either. In those cases, anything is better than nothing. Then there are those who have late-stage cancer, when your medical doctors have written them off. They have nothing to lose so why not let them give it a try? 'Spontaneous remission' happens frequently enough. It helps to keep an open mind.

Things are changing all the time... and many modern cures are now based on what were considered to be quack medicine. The NHS in the UK is using leeches and maggots now to clean suppurated tissue from wounds. Who'd have thought that 30 years ago?

No-one is going to make you do anything, but, unless the guy is posting hate speech, live and let live.

I didn't say the team Banned that topic, I simply said this author has gone way too far with it.  I don't think the team intended for that category to include using alternative medicines for serious issues such as Cancer, but do agree that, perhaps, that topic should be removed.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No is there any direct link between therapeutic claims being illegal and banning alternative health topics.  Most people are trying to be healthy and support good body and mind function with their herbs and diet plans (Atkins etc) and such--not cure a specific disease that they have. And claims about the benefits of good diet and exercise overall are legal to make because that is not about a specific product, and also has evidence behind it.

psycheskinner:  You are correct.  I was not thinking clearly when I made that statement.  I do think the topic should remain...however, I do NOT think writers should abuse it.

The team wants to allow freedom of speech here as much as possible, and I agree with that point.  However, I simply cannot stomach someone trying to earn money on the backs of the vulnerable and sick.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

It is easy to say live and let live when YOU are not the person who is sick and being used by people.

The cousin who died was told by numerous doctors that she had a terminal, incurable cancer, but was desperate enough to go to a quack in another country and pay huge sums of money until she and every member of her Cancer group there died.  Yes, she would have died, anyhow, but would have done so without damaging her families finances.

What's the harm?  The harm is in stealing money from people and their families by telling them you can make them well again when you know you can't.  Sometimes there is just no chance for a cure.

As for reading articles, you can pretty much tell from titles whether something is worth reading or not.  No matter the wordage, the concept is the same as I mentioned earlier.  I pity the poor, sick people who are led into horrible situations because they listened to such advice.

You've repeated your complaint while ignoring the fact that the medical profession reaps an average of $350,000 from their patients while killing most of them in horrible ways.

Meanwhile, my article GIVES my recipe away! Thus your complaint about someone else taking money from your cousin's family has ABSOLUTELY ZERO to do with me.

Yet you keep attacking me! In a thread where to topic is a technical one. Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

We all know what your answer is going to be..."I'm protecting people, blah, blah, blah."

You'll say that despite all the evidence. Cancer treatments don't protect people. They burn their liver and kidneys and injure their hearts. Autopsies reveal this fact over and over again.

If you have an answer for fixing the Hubpage policy of temporarily unpublishing my threads when I remove a capsule or turn off comments, you're welcome to comment. Otherwise you have no business being here.

Thank you for providing why "The Doctor Who Cured Cancer" needed to be written. There are 100 pages devoted to obliterating the American Cancer Society and others who relied on false information or created their own false information.

The ACS has NEVER tested the Revici Method. They have relied on a fraudulent, dare I say criminally fraudulent, study as part of their critique.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86

It may give your recipe away, but every time someone reads one of your articles or buys the book as a result, you make money, don't you?

As for what happened to my cousin, it definitely DOES have something to do with you because someone chose to lure a sick person into a therapy that was worthless not to mention dangerous.

Your level of reasoning lacks any reasoning.

so does yours!

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
            Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Coming late to this discussion, but the fact is, HubPages DO NOT temporary unpublish Hubs when you remove a capsule or turn off comments.  Ever.

I'm wondering if you are following the wrong procedure when you edit.  I've known a few Hubbers who think they have to unpublish a Hub before they can edit it - and if you do that, then of course you'll have to wait for HubPages to republish it.   So can you just confirm that when you decide to edit, you are simply clicking "edit" and not unpublishing it yourself at any point?

Secondly, you seemed to dismiss the fact that one of your Hubs was unFeatured.  Do you understand the significance of unFeaturing?   If a Hub is unFeatured, it is visible ONLY to people who have a link to the Hub.  It's invisible to search engines.  So if a Hub is unFeatured it has a disastrous effect on the number of visitors, to the point where it might as well be unpublished.

Then explain this message from Hubpages when the "edit" option is clicked on:

"Note: This Hub is currently published. However, if you make any changes to it, it will immediately be unpublished until it has been re-approved for publication (which can take 24-48 hours)."

Even your capital letters "DO NOT" don't appear to trump what Hubpages has written when you wrote the following: "but the fact is, HubPages DO NOT temporary unpublish Hubs when you remove a capsule or turn off comments.  Ever."

Do you see the words, "it will immediately be unpublished...."

It has taken three weeks for the visits to my Hub articles to return to the same level of visits as there were before Hubpages unpublished my page. That means a loss of income to both myself and to Hupages.

It's just a bad policy for everyone.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Aha.  Now that makes sense.

That Hub is on spam watch.  The vast majority of Hubbers never see that message.   However, at one time  you must have broken some key HubPages rules in that Hub, and they want to be sure you don't do it again.

Unfortunately we all have to face the consequences of our own actions.

You must be a real joy to be around at parties. You've joined into this conversation not with the answers, but to find fault. Great - you've succeeded! I hope you feel better.

The Hub page has been up for 7-8 years and has over 600,000 views. So Hub pages is just fine with it. Except they have some policy that acts like a felony was committed.

I don't spam. The problem is that there are a group of people who set their hair on fire if you offer a better way to reverse cancer.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

No, I'm just telling you the facts.  Only people who have broken the rules get that message. 

Personally I don't always agree with HubPages' definition of spam.  I think they are too strict, and for all I know, whatever you did was something I wouldn't consider a problem. But that's irrelevant. HubPages considers it was serious enough to take precautions and that's that. 

It's very, very common for a Hub to be published for years without a problem and then get dinged for breaking the rules. That's because the rules are being tightened all the time.  What was OK last year is not OK this year. 

I suggest you email the team @ HubPages to see if you can get specifics on what rules you broke, since you're clearly unaware.  Then you'll know how to avoid it in future.

2. psycheskinner profile image83

She is explaining that the rest of us do not see that warning.  You did *something* to have that warning added to your account.  And it wasn't promoting quack cancer cures on the forums.  It may well have been promoting quack cancer cures on your hubs.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The Revici Method has been tested before and found not to reduce tumors
      http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.3 … .2.119/pdf

+1  Thanks for this one.

6. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 7 years ago

"How I Cured My Stage 4 Cancer In Two Weeks For Less Than The Cost Of A Night At The Movies"

Wow. Now there's a hub title for ya. What do y'all think of that one?

Same author.  Same problem.  And yet.....

7. Kelley Eidem profile image45

Once again, when I ask for technical support, there are those who have little better to do than to ignore the topic at hand only to personally attack me.

This thread is no exception. If you can't stay on topic, your comments really aren't needed.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your previous threads were attention-seeking
      http://hubpages.com/community/forum/121 … milestones
      http://hubpages.com/community/forum/136 … iews-total
      When you brag on HP, people go to your profile to see what you're bragging about.  Don't act like a martyr.

There have been multiple times when I've asked a technical question where the same kind of off topic response has occurred. Some were deleted as a result of the heated discussions that ensued.

Once again THIS topic has been hijacked. Go read my original comment and you will see that people have used this thread to go way off topic to attack me.

The forum seems to be filled with people who have nothing better to do than to start fights. I don't go to their topics to pick fights with them.

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago

"The medical profession" is why most cancers are now survivable illnesses.  Anyone who thinks people with cancer patients would be better off without doctors is by definition someone not to listen to.  Complementary therapies have a place and lead to a better patient experience.  But they do not replace actual medicine.

+1

If a person wants a cure of their disease, they should not use doctors because doctors are trained to manage and - unwittingly - to increase disease.

Here are some examples of diseases they don't cure but they often create diseases when they intervene with their toxic nostrums:

cancer
      diabetes
      autoimmune diseases
      depression
      schizophrenia
      drug addiction
      alcoholism
      MS
      sinus and lung diseases
      heart disease,
      etc etc etc

9. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13122174.jpg

10. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

This is the cure:

habanero pepper,
    two cloves of garlic,
    cod liver oil.

Coffee and boiled eggs are important too, apparently.

Kelley manages to string it out, of course, plenty of mumbo jumbo in there like "yoghurt is catabolic'.

The 'cure' is so preposterous. no reputable organization would dignify it with a serious test, so Kelly will never be proved wrong. The people who die won't be around to complain.

Perfect!

Don't forget the complete eBook at 22 dollars!

If I had terminal cancer and no health insurance, I'd give it a go. Wouldn't you? I'd be trying everything I could.

Thankfully, I live in the UK, where we don't ignore people with cancer, and whether you have money, or none, makes no difference in the care you receive.

1. Will Apse profile image89
        Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think I would rather not be sidetracked by this kind of foolishness into settling for avoidable deaths.

For the record, I have nothing against Tarot, Astrology or any of those other ways of reaching hard to reach thoughts and feelings.

It's the mad anti-life stuff I have an issue with, from wild conspiracy theories to quack medicine.

I'm talking about no-hope cancer here. Deathbed. Terminal. End of the line. Ten of Swords. 

Given that sort of sentence, one would try anything.

1. psycheskinner profile image83

Which is why laws were created to stop frauds from taking desperate people's life savings while only making them sicker and alienating them from their loved ones, on a dishonest basis.

There are wonderful alternative therapies used as part of palliative care and to maximize the slim chance of remission.  But they are still sane and honest about what they can and can't do.

Today's medical system IS quack medicine. They cure nothing. But they lay the groundwork and create disease every time they prescribe a drug.

If we applied your reasoning to scurvy, we would be treating it with chemo and radiation today.

Scurvy is far more deadly than cancer, so one would think the cure must require heroic means. Not so.

Cancer is also vulnerable to simple remedies which is why I'm cancer free 18 years later and others have also reversed their cancers using the same recipe. (To be clear cod liver oil is the oil to be used when a person is too anabolic. It should not be used when a person is too catabolic. Borage oil should be used in its place.)

Everyone alive today has grown up with the predominant method for treating cancer has been to injure the patient and kill them most of the time as well. So we think that such treatments are "normal." It's a testament to the capacity of our brains to accept the absurd: 'Everybody is doing it, so it must be good.'

Such beliefs are a classic example of Plato's Cave. People are enamored by the shadows and afraid of the sunshine. In Plato's Cave the one who goes out and sees the sunny world comes back to let the others who are terrified by the shadows that there is a grand world outside. The fearful ones tear the messenger apart.

If you support today's noxious treatments, you are in the front row of Plato's Cave.

3. Kelley Eidem profile image45

I forgot to mention that I'm giving away ONE MILLION copies of my book in eBook format. I'd put the link here but that risks having this thread closed down. Sorry.

11. theraggededge profile image98
    theraggededgeposted 7 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)