Goodbye

Jump to Last Post 51-67 of 67 discussions (209 posts)
  1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Sidney welcome to Hubpages btw.
    I guess you dont know too many people yet ( if we ever do)

But look forward to reading your hubs smile

2. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

My Captain only had a laugh one night with Kmackey and Fortunerep got jealous, in those words lies the story to this topic.

I am now stating that the Captain BadCompany has now left Hubs because of this and if you want to leave sympathy with Fortunerep feel free to do so.

I am gutted that my Captain BadCompany has decided to quit Hubs over this, but he just cant get over how such a silly thing has got so much notice, he thanks all that has read his hubs and before he goes he wants to say something. One sec I cant hear him....

Ok he said " Dont always believe what you hear ", ok you happy now Fortunerep, hes left !

1. fortunerep profile image67
      fortunerepposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no i am not i am quite taken back, and this sydney chick needs to know her role,

1. profile image0
        Sidney Rayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Know your role"...who are you? The Rock? Let me guess...you are going to give me the "People's elbow" next?

likr i damn said you don't know me or the situation so your input is irrevelant.  mind your own business or better yet email bc I am sure he would love you, for at least a day

2. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure he left Hubpages? I think not. I'm sure he will miss his revenues so I think he will be back.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Try and talk him out of leaving again. It's ridiculous to leave because of something that happens on a forum.

1. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious? This is a typical weekend for him. He'll be back on Monday or perhaps tomorrow) with a hangover. If he isn't the center of attention, he's very unhappy.

And CabinGirl is still here. So "He" hasn't gone anywhere.

4. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

What the hell??? What's the matter with you? You're not serious, right? There is absolutely no link between mental stability and value of opinions and I can only assume you are joking because that is a completely ignorant thing to say. Thus far I had been just reading this thread, I have no intention of getting involved in Dori and BadCo's issues. But you can't just say something like that. I have known a few bi-polar people and they all are extremely intelligent and have valid worthwhile opinions and extremely worthwhile speaking to and getting to know.

You are obviously extremely lucky never to have felt extremely depressed or irrationally angry, because if you had ever felt either of those then you might have the slightest idea what it is like to suffer with this illness.

I hope this is the nicest response to your discriminatory post. I can't believe noone else has picked up on this.

1. profile image0

Well I assumed that people would sense my sarcasm....by the way I am extremely sarcastic...damn glad to meet ya.

In a sense I was being honest as far as my statement is concerned... against SOCIOPATHS....being bi-polar or schizophrenic does not make you a sociopath...it is an illness and is rather unfortunate.

However...with that being said...I have met people in my lifetime that were bi-polar or schizophrenic...a few have remained acquaintances to this day..  and while they have their ups and downs with their illness...they never used it as an excuse or a crutch for their behavior.

And yes I have my demons as well....don't we all?

5. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Of all the ridiculous, petty, mean-spirited exchanges I've seen in my 11 months on Hub Pages, this takes the prize.
    Are you people smoking crack??? (oh wait -- don't want to be accused of libeling anyone). I swear, if you come into this thread late and try to follow it from ANY point forward, it is just wack.

It really dismays me to see otherwise intelligent people, good writers with good fan followings, degenerate to this level of name calling. It really, really pains me to see such derogatory comments about people who suffer from bipolar. Not funny.

*Scoops up sand from sandbox into pail* -- here, why not throw this at each other since you seem to have exhausted the English language and are now down to grunts and groans anyway. MM

6. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

Well other people seem to be saying the same thing but in a serious manner ... I'm sorry I didnt realise it was sarcasm ... a little inappropriate though perhaps?

My comments still stand though to the people that genuinely seem to have some kind of mental illness intolerance.

7. profile image0
    Star Witnessposted 14 years ago

i actually think certain parties involved should get laid more often in real life.  problems then solved.

8. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Oh ! I love this tantrums ! lol  And dori, if you display your private life in public, you shouldn't complain if someone comes and leave a comment. Sorry ,but you looked for it smile

9. lrohner profile image66
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Jesus people! Cut it out!

BadCompany - I don't know what perceived injustice Dori inflicted on you and I don't really care. But from reading your posts on this thread, I am sure she is not the first (or the 2nd or the 3rd or the 4th...) woman to humiliate/embarass/make fun of you. So freaking get over it! If what I read is any indication, it's going to happen to you many more times in your life. If a "poem" about you -- whether good or bad -- is the worst thing that happens in your life, then you should be counting your blessings.

Dori - I don't know you or the situation well enough to say that I am a supporter of what you did or didn't do, but I am very sorry that you're being ganged up on. And if posting this "Goodbye" thread helped to bolster you and keep you here, then I'm happy and I'm glad it worked out that way for you. We don't want to lose you.

10. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

I can't/don't speak for Dori or for anyone else but myself, but... I think what she might have been saying to you (Sydney) is being so new to Hub Pages, people do not yet know you. All we have is your comments, no historical context (nor do you have any historical context for the people involved in this exchange). Readers have no way of detecting your sarcasm and may easily misinterpret your comments.
    That's all.

1. profile image0

Yep yep...no harm done...we are all good. I am indeed a misunderstood creature...but that is my nature!

As for the rest of this topic...you are right Dori...Don't know you ...you don't know me...this sounds like some sort of unfortunate event that has turned into a tedious debacle...it was not any of my business but at the same time it became public and apparently my sarcasm had an adverse reaction. With that...I respectfully bid this conversation ado.

Badcompany seems like an entertaining fellow....and well..as I said I don't know you and most likely we will continue down that path. Hopefully distance can be maintained and you can both exist on this site without any further implications...it appears that both sides has their acquaintances and there is no reason for that to be nullified.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It wont be , it hasnt so far.

OMG MM what did I just do, i really uked up didn't I?

11. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

a hubber who left that was a friend of mine. a true friend, I don't know why he is relevant either, unless bc is jealous.

1. Anam Cara999 profile image60
      Anam Cara999posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am sympathetic to you...from what I read, Dori.  But don't you think it would be better to talk to those involved personally in some way, rather than publically on a forum?

I have tried I am just taking up for my mentlally ill self.

12. profile image0
    Star Witnessposted 14 years ago

free dramatic entertainment

13. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

wow, this is such an insane thread. NO, white people DON't have it more. It may seem that way because white people generally have better access to medical care and/or education on the matter. There is such a huge following of ignorance and misguided truths/myths on this!

14. AsherKade profile image59
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

this is not a thread I would typically enjoy involving myself with because there are too many ppl yelling at each other and no one is listening to each other, but please refrain from using the word crazy.It's like using the word retard, another popular antecdote. It's very insensitive.It doesn' matter hether or not you like someone, like their views, or like them using a public forum to discuss very personal matters. It's just not polite.

http://images.stockxpert.com/pic/s/r/ra/raymac/18714551_94563863.jpg

1. beautyrose profile image61

oh sorry for the term crazy rather it would be better to say mentally disturb. Is it ok now?

1. AsherKade profile image59
        AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it depends on who would talk to. Most black people, for example, prefer African American, but others-Black is just fine.
        what you said is the equivilant to calling a black person a colored person or negro. It's just not socially sensitive.

I'm just wondering why black people afraid of being called black when you can visibly see them that they are black. They can't blame people cause in the first place it was God who made them so why not accept there true colors. Look why not chinese people not offended when you call them yellow? why not filipino not offended when they are called brown?  But why is it when its already black called Negro they are offended? Its like also complaining to God who made them black. Why not simply black people accept there color are race and not be offended.

1. earnestshub profile image81
            earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I suggest that languages meaning change as the word usage changes. If some words are used a lot with other words to mean someone is bad, then the meaning of that word changes. I find it is best to just follow local customs.

2. profile image0
            Star Witnessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what color are u?

oh before I answer you that I cordially suggest if you could spend your time now making at least one hub now instead of being in the forum. We want to see how you do your writing skills in hp. ok

15. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Dori I think you should get some rest and get out of here  smile  your post is becoming nuts!... Sweet dreams !... Tomorrow is another day  smile

16. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Dori, you just deleted a post that I was replying to. In it you sounded incredibly despressed. This is not about right or wrong right now. It's about you getting help to get stabilized. This forum isn't doing you any good right now.

You need to get yourself to professionals and get a realistic perspective about what's happening to you. Men and women have fights all the time, they break up. They survive. But this reaction is way over the top. Professionals and meds will help you get a realistic grip on life. And that's what you need.

i was just angry just like anyone else, i am fine, i am taking the benzo's and that brings me down and i will stabilize soon, it's ok im ok why do i need prof. help becuase I got hurt.  threatened to sue me, called a bitch, a ghost and wrote me off like that. im over it, but i still miss him

See you also miss him and I think he has a special part in your heart too fortunerep. And don't you know that good friends relations are being tested through times. And who knows you will make a good partner in real life. That's in case if both of you are still available.  So now I'll call Badcompany come backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk now Fortunerep is getting ok now.

it will never ever happen, he's gone I am going to be just fine.

I know his not gone. I'm sure he just letting his emotion mellow rather than he be talking here hard. Maybe he just went to shopping or preparing to write new hubs about mending his offense. I hope he hear me now .

2. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You need help because you are bi-polar. And you just said "i will stabilize soon." So you are not stable. And meds don't always work.

In most relationships people sort out their relationship in private - not in hubs and not in a forum. This is way over the top, and that's why I'm concerned for you. This is not "like everyone else."

But I've spent enough time worrying over which I guess isn't that big a deal. I hope you get through this.

17. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Dori....... A Pearl for You.. smile

There are still Unicorns in this world! They are the ones that show their hearts; in the hope that their hearts are respected and as such; they as a Unicorn, will also be respected.

There are also those in the world who enjoy capturing or killing the very trusting Unicorns. They do this to compensate for their own insecurities and inadequacies. They are only able to do this because of the Unicorn's need to show their heart.

I don't know you Dori; but I know the vulnerability of Unicorns. As a Unicorn, I have learnt that there is never a vulnerable heart if you take the time to understand the power of a Unicorn's wisdom, over that of the hunter and accept that every Unicorn is unique. Conversely, those who would hunt a Unicorn for the purpose of self gratification; Are Too Common to ever be Unique! smile

Stand on the high ground Unicorn... Use the view to gauge the value of the hunter who must climb to you; rather than being drawn to a lazy hunter with no stamina, or adequacy to reach the summit.  And if he does.... Kick his butt big time!! big_smile

I think badcompany isn't really bad. I think it was just that he is lonely and looking for love you see his separated and still hurting. So offer him love instead of hate.

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not offering BC anything... he is able to chose his own path in this life; if that path is one of publically playing the role of victim, spitting the dummy or being a good guy; it's up to him and how he wishes to be perceived. At the end of the day: His own opinion is as irrelevant as mine. How the opinion is delivered is what counts. smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)