What is wrong with Christians?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (52 posts)
  1. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Good "God"- what is wrong with Christians?  Fighting and killing people over nothing?  Is this how your God acts?  Is this what he expects?  Is this the sacred road to heaven? 
    Just in over the AP wire:
    "Riots between Christians and Muslims over the Quran leave at least 7 dead and dozens more injured in Pakistan, local media reports."

I am truly sick of the Christian hypocrisy.  I've seen it time and time again, in Religious forums like these to numbers branded on certain peoples arms.  If this is what Jesus Christ died for, and now is "saving"- I think I'll pass. 

Utterly disgusting.

1. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nothing wrong with christian. Practically it boils down to attitude of man. Man by nature has a tendency to accumulate all things in the world. Man by nature wants to take all good credit to him and wants to be great about all so despite he step the down the foot of others he will ignore it as long as his motive for himself will be accomplished regardless of.

1. yoshi97 profile image57
        yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

But then you have people such as myself looking for ways to help others ... Does this make me somehow unique? I doubt it.

So, why can't more people think in this direction?

Look its plain and simple. That most people are selfish ok. Most like receiving than giving. In your case your maybe generous so try giving what you have to me now. Wink haha

2. petsnakes profile image69
      petsnakesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, the sacred road to heaven is Jesus Christ and He alone.

Interesting because in reality what happened was -

"Six people were killed in Pakistan on Saturday when Muslim demonstrators set fire to houses in a Christian enclave and fighting broke out, local police said."

And let's not forget -

"On Thursday, 15 Christian houses in the region were also torched."

Let me see if I understand. Christians have their houses burned down and they are the criminals in this situation?

Its because Christians and Muslims are competing of who the best religion are but sad to say look at there actions. Do you think God is pleased with all these killings and booming ? I think not.

3. Make  Money profile image67
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why didn't you post the link RKHenry?

Obviously this is what you are talking about.

6 Pakistani Christians die in riots with Muslims

If you want to know the truth, I am truly sick of your hypocrisy RKHenry.

RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's easy Mikey, go to the ap wire on twitter.  You'll see the tweet.

And hyocrisy Mike????  I have never made any false notion that I'm a lover, turn the other cheek, cheekie Christian liar.

we christian tried to live peacefully when all the Muslim terror try to throw bombs at us. You Muslim wake uppPPPPPPPP

So now I'm a Muslim.  Oh my Jewish grandmother, branded by Nazi Christian leadership, will love that one baby.wink

Excuse me, while I call her.  She would love to read this you see.  Muslim- girl, you have no clue.

2. Make  Money profile image67

You come in here and twist the entire story around and then try to deny that you are a hypocrite.  <snipped personal attack>

You make me laugh.  By the way, you've been reported for you typical name calling, irrational behavior and irresponsible gestures.  Take that from this twerp.winklol

2. beautyrose profile image61

Actually when you go to Saudi Arabia you'll see how Arabs (Muslims) punish Christians when they are bringing with them Rosary and catholic or christian bible. Here also in the Philippines its the Muslim people terrorizing our place while catholic and other Christians are trying to live harmoniously so I can really say its the  Muslim hard to deal with at times.

Can't you see that what you just said was so childish?  You have simply stated a day to day conflict of he said she, and Mommy sissy stepped on my toe.  Come on are you serious?  Do you honestly think that your Christ, would buy that kind of justification?  Please. 

By the way, since when do you have access to my travel arrangements?  Know every place I been, I see.  Wow- let us compare stories, and see how much you truly know about me already.  I wasn't aware that we have intimately traveled together.  Did I father a child with you too and just not know it?

3. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Spot on. I'm from the East of Nigeria, and my tribe are Christians. As of present over 1400 of my people have been killed by Muslims. And we're not fighting back. Death tolls still rising. Men beheaded, children ripped apart, pregnant women raped and disemboweled. You wanna talk about turning the other cheek, where there you have it. Gawd, this is probably the most ignorant thread I've ever encountered. If you dont wanna be a Christian cos of some psycho zealots from either religions bashing their heads then by all means remain a pagan, ooh, even join the Synagogue of Satan. I hear their membership is fully open nowadays. Quit talking about stuff you clearly dont have the slightest clue about. Utter Rubbish!

4. Mr. Happy profile image71
      Mr. Happyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are many things wrong with Christians. Any monotheistic religion allows no acceptance towards others' beliefs and thus, creates hostility. Also the foolish priests who walk all over this world trying to recruit more people to their religion of sin, are spreading hatred. How are muslims supposed to feel when they see "pagans' trying to convert their people?
         It's all garbage and truly sad that people cannot find the knowledge and truth within themselves. The human spirit is older than any religion - we invented them all ... we "created" religions, we wrote the Bible, the Koran, the Torrah, etc. They are philosophies that teach certain values - that is all and anyone trying to find "god" in a book is senile and should go visit a doctor.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Whao! Your first forum post is this! And you call yourself Mr. Happy! Is that like an irony or what!

2. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

Sadly, as many wars have been fought in the name of Christ as have been fought in the name of Muhammad. I too see the hypocrisy, but I  also understand these people are very passionate about their beliefs (perhaps, to a fault).

An interesting thought ... if Muslims and Christians worked together instead of fought, many great things could be accomplished.

Both religions speak of tolerance for others ... if every member of both religions were to actually practice this, imagine how much better the world would become overnight ...

Sadly, this is the reason many people become atheists and agnostics, as they choose to live in a world where religion can't decide who they should love and who they should hate.

Such derision in my own church caused me to turn away from my faith (but not my beliefs) as I believe all life is sacred, regardless of what a person chooses to believe.

Life is a gift that is far too precious to waste on wars and animosities, and I don't need to step into a church or a mosque weekly to keep this belief. I just wish those who did could see this truth and put aside their hatred for one another, but alas, we are a species not yet ready for such a utopian thought.

3. karpouzian profile image62
    karpouzianposted 14 years ago

First off: Let me state that I am a Christian.
    Now that I've gotten that off my chest.

What is wrong with Christians is that most of us (myself included far too often) don't follow the two greatest commandments.  'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'[a]; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Luke 10:27

Sorry, it is true.

Jesus hung out with 'sinners' and most "Christians" these days would die before they went to hang out, eat, or just spend time with people who believed differently then them.

The problem with Christianity today is the Christians (myself included).

bow. true indeed

4. SamSurvivor profile image58
    SamSurvivorposted 14 years ago

Ummm...funny you singled out Christians when your quote was "Christians and Muslims". We could ask "What's wrong with Muslims?"

I don't think you'll find Christians killing people when they disagree with what's written in the Bible. The same can't be said about Muslims when you disagree with what's written in the Quran.

I think we all know who does the killing. Do you think they are christian or Muslim? if you know then you can probably tell who acts christian's and not.

Do you not know any world history????  Are that blinded by your faith?

2. Inspirepub profile image73
      Inspirepubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Under what rock have you been living?

Have you not heard of the Inquisition? The Crusades? The 30 Years War?

Jenny

5. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Ohhhhhh I see, when Christ said turn the other cheek, he didn't really mean it.

Well then by all means, keeping branding people and killing people as usual.  Christ forbid you all stop now!smile

Other thing, I reported the news exactly as reported on the AP wire.  I didn't single "naughty, naughty Christian" out purposely.  Blame that on the Associated Press Wire.

6. yoshi97 profile image57

And in Israel we have Jews and Muslims killing one another. Centuries ago, we had Christians waging crusades against the Muslims, and we had the Spanish Inquisition ... and on ... and on ...

It's not the Christian mindset that's borked ... it's the mindset of all of the major religions. To think that one can kill another because they believe differently is just wrong.

However, I don't believe (but I could be wrong) that Buddhists or Hindus ever persecuted anyone for believing differently ... but they don't believe in God.

Which brings about an interesting debate ... why are those who don't believe in God more pacifistic in nature? Is the one true God a god of war? I think not.

Only when the great religions of the world put down their guns and outstretch their hands in friendship will I ever take them seriously again. Murder in any god's name is murder, and is in all faiths considered unacceptable - thus the hypocrisy of every major religion.

Of course, there are those who would say those who kill under God's name are a small portion of their flock and not representative of their beliefs. If that be the case, then why aren't they excommunicated and removed from the religion? Do we not remove people from society that kill others?

Forgive me for saying this, but it's not about loving God, it's about behaving in a manner our creator would want us to behave.

As a parent, I ask my children to do right by others and for that they often say they hate me, as I make them recognize the hurtful things they do (when they do them), but when the day ends they love me - not out of fear, but out of respect. And do I demand that love from them? Not at all, I earn it by doing my best to be a good parent.

I don't believe God wants us to love him, I think he wants us to resolve our differences and all get along. That, in itself, is the finest reward any child can offer his parent, as it shows they are capable of learning the lessons being taught to them ... and that mutual respect is a love, in and of itself.

I think all  Christians, especially rant and rave Mikey- could learn a few things from this person.  Hows that Mikey???  Hypocritical???  Dude, you have no idea the meaning of the word.  Maybe if you pray hard enough, your God will give you guidance.

7. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Christianity is what is wrong with Christians. Allah is what is wrong with Muslims. Two of more than 300 religions that own the only truth. Why is that? Religionists don't do math at all well I guess!

8. yoshi97 profile image57

RK, I wasn't making the point that anyone in this thread was wrong, I was making the point that religion in itself is wrong when its focus turns to hatred to another for believing differently.

This part is directed to everyone - not just RK:

If I was a Hindu, would I even be allowed in this conversation? After all, Hindu's believe in many gods - not just one - and yet you don't see them killing anyone in the news.

Now, if I was God sitting up on a cloud, those are the people I would save and I would forgive them, as they didn't believe in me, but they still managed to follow the message I delivered about being good to one another.

This is exactly the reason I hate religion, as it is always about Muslims, Jews, and Christians proving they are right and all other religions are wrong, and they site verse after verse to prove their point.

You've read the book attested to your faith, now do you honestly think this is what your God wants - for you to bicker endlessly over how his words should be interpreted?

He says don't kill, be good to one another, help those who need help ... or do these three things not appear in the books of your faith?

Considering man's animosity toward man, the greatest proof of God's love is that he hasn't yet decided to cull everyone on the planet and start over, as we are often nothing more than a warlike bickering people who are more concerned in how the other person believes in God then we are in our own actions.

Religion is a methodology to bring a person closer to ascension, not to determine those who are worthy, as that's determined by God himself, or did we go to war with him too, considering him, perhaps, too weak to judge his own flock?

And did you ever once think that many people turn away from God because they don't want to become a part of the endless war between the religions? Because if you didn't, then you you will never understand why I have strayed away from my faith.

And before someone tells me it's because I have lost touch with God, I will strongly disagree, as I think I see him clearer now than ever before, and I can see him shaking his head at what a mess we have become, and wondering why we fail to understand that he just wants us all to get along.

Anymore, religions are lapel pins worn by many that are well-versed, but not well-learned, and it deeply saddens me. sad

You know I could careless who you were addressing your original post too. I could really careless that you don't want to step on anyones toes.  That is what is so gracious and humbling about you.  So you can excuse yourself all you want, I still stand firm in believing all Christians to strive to be more like you.

9. Galaxy Gazer profile image60
    Galaxy Gazerposted 14 years ago

Whats wrong with Christians/Muslims - Err there ain't now't wrong with me whats up with the rest of ya????

10. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Well get this one into you then <snipped name-calling>

You can't leave the Hindu's or Buddhist out of it yoshi97.  Just do a Google search for Hindu Buddhist wars.

But religions are not the problem.  It's anarchists that start these problems.  <snipped personal attack>

Keep them coming Mikey.  You've been reported for name calling again.  Just don't understand the rules of debate I see.  Just like with TKI, though I love all the I hate Make Money emails I'll receive, you are not worth the click to delete them when I'm through.  Good evening Mike.  And as a Christian might say, God Bless and peace be with you.wink

11. gamergirl profile image83
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

Just stop it.

I'm so freaking tired of this back and forth fighting and bickering and flaming.

This is not the way mature people should behave.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image69
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And your large caps, screaming interjection is appropriate behavior?  Oops, I'm sorry I just don't get that.

You know, it is quite clear RKHenry was just trying to get arise out Christians.  And apparently in fine Christian behavior, MakeMoney proved his point on how Christians tend to be.

It does not matter who did what, or what has been done- as "cheeky" Christians, we are to turn the other cheek.  I'm sadden by this mess, that could have been avoided.  So they burnt down there houses; Christ had piles of thorns shoved upon his head.  How can we forget that the Romans, whipped Christ till he bled.  Christians, I feel forget to trust their faith.  They forget that Christ loved everyone of those Roman soldiers who tortured him mericously(sp).  He died on the cross, whether you believe it or not.  It is our responsibility as Christians to turn the other cheek.

12. Make  Money profile image67

Debate?  This was no debate.  You come in here with a completely twisted story and you call it a debate.  What a laugh. lol

Do you know what is wrong with the world and the US?  These guys.  You'll probably recognize some of them RKHenry.

13. Make  Money profile image67

But it is not our responsibility as Christians to accept BS from an anarchist IntimatEvolution.

MakeMoney, truthfully I too am utterly disgusted by this type of Christian behavior.  Christians acting out of idiotic revengence, instead of seeking peace- is utterly disgusting to me.

Christ wouldn't have acted this way.  Matter of fact, he turned the other cheek.  Why can't you?  Why are you so righteous, as now impose a such a nasty dictation concerning the laws of Christ in such a revengeful, hateful manner?  No thank you, I've said my peace.

I wish more Christians would get utterly disgusted, when Christians seek out revengeful destruction instead of peace.  I don't care who starts what, as Christians we are to turn the other cheek!

1. Make  Money profile image67

In case you didn't read my posts I am disgusted with RKHenry as to how he twisted this story.  It's akin to how the Muslim anarchists that started the story with the false claim that the Quaran was defiled that started the blood shed in Pakistan.  Anarchy is what starts the problems.  It's not Christianity or Islam.

14. gamergirl profile image83

My caps were for emphasis, not screaming.  However, since you missed that and I don't want anyone else coming in to be a damaging influence on the battered, bloody and pissed on forum section here, I'll go back and edit (if I can) to have it be bold rather than caps.

gamegirl, I want no fuss with you.  I find this comment to be childish, and do what you will- I want no part of it. Take a chill pill.

15. yoshi97 profile image57

And therein lies the point I was trying to make ... There is one God, so why so many different religions? Does anyone actually believe God favors Muslims, Christians, Jews, or Hindus?

I'm betting my afterlife God cares more about what we did than who we served during our lifetime.

And truly ... if God did favor any religion over the rest, would he not smite the believers of other religions, make them disappear, or
    point his people toward the right one?

Religions were created by man ... not God ... and I know this as Adam and Eve did not attend a church.

I'm not against religion, I'm just against the ultimate comedy where it needs to divide us. It's almost as if we are all little kids bullying each other for our father's attention. Does that make sense to anyone?

If we all believe in God, then where is the reasoning that we should bicker and fight? Shouldn't we, instead, focus on the commonality that's our greatest strength? We all say we believe in God, so why can't we all believe in our own way?

And as for Christians killing Muslims and Muslims killing Christians (in the past and in the present), were those men doing God's work, and would we want to shame our own religions by claiming they were? If anything, we should be screaming out *together* against such acts and not blame the religions for their occurrence, but the actual men who perpetrated them.

After all, the major religions are ruled over by God, and saying any specific religion killed a person is placing blood on God's hands. Now I ask, is that where it belongs?

I'm not trying to provoke anyone here, I'm trying to get people to think. To stop the hatred among people, we need to start by breaking down the differences and accepting one another regardless of our beliefs.

A house is built by laying down one brick and adding many more. I'm laying down the first brick and asking the question ... are you willing to lay the next brick? or is the hatred too strong to  let go of it?

And to Mark Money, thanks for pointing out about the Buddhists/Hindu war. I was uncertain on that one, and I'm always willing to learn more (and have my mistakes pointed out). Sadly, it goes further to prove religion has strayed far from its purpose of uniting people together. sad

16. Make  Money profile image67

Get the story straight Mr. Happy, it was Muslims killing Christians.

As far as God is concerned, it was humans killing humans ... I'm quite certain God does not care what faith a murderer is. I'm also quite certain God doesn't look at a person's faith when they do something good.

So ... did Christians kill Muslims, did Muslims kill Christians ... or did humans kill humans ... and do any of these three choices make it a lesser crime?

Personally, I'm offended with myself for not being able to see the truth of the situation, until just now. We just spent all our energy determining blame, when faith dictates we should have been saying our prayers for those who have died. So, even I speak of my beliefs more than I practice them ... but I intend to offer a moment of silence and do my best to not be so misled again.

1. Mr. Happy profile image71
        Mr. Happyposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  17. gamergirl profile image83

IntimatEvolution -

Have a lovely evening.

The reason why I even stepped foot in this thread is because it is indicative of the general presence of this forum section of late.

Nothing is said to be discussed, every thread is posted with the intention of, either from the onset or when someone's favorite trolling target for the day is responsive, being jerks.

Again, this is NOT the way mature adults should be behaving, and this is NOT what this forum section was added to the forum for.  I should know.

18. Make  Money profile image67

Thank you yoshi97.  I will be saying a prayer for them myself.

19. Galaxy Gazer profile image60
    Galaxy Gazerposted 14 years ago

Do you know what -I'm so glad that i don't have religion but I have a relationship with God.  I'm so happy that I am not condemned by God but loved and forgiven for what I do and say!  I'm Glad that I alone have to stand before God and give account of my life - not everyone else's just my life!!  I'm Glad that I don't have to pay for previous peoples flaws, Judgement's and Killings because of a faith, I'm glad that God gave man a free will - you can see daily in wars and in this forumn just what damage a free will can do but I thank God for it anyway!!  So When each of you are tearing strips of each other and judging each other all thinking one is better than the other just take a look at the wars that both and all your sides christian/muslim/hindu/buddist ect are fighting about on here! Then know how easy a war can become and Start!! Just take a look at these posts!!!!Take a look at how easy your rowing on here!!!

If I could post this everywhere, I would ... as it contains a lot of wisdom. smile

1. Galaxy Gazer profile image60
        Galaxy Gazerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I could post this everywhere, I would ... as it contains a lot of wisdom. smile  Thank You Yoshi! Sometimes people loose sight of whats important!!!

20. yoshi97 profile image57

Doh! The thread broke!

Either we finally got the message right, or perhaps someone up above thinks we've debated it enough. smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)