Have I missed something?!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 7 years ago

I have had a couple of hubs HubPro'd and for some reason they have snipped the Amazon adverts! Have I missed something? are we not allowed to use Amazon or ebay anymore? thanks

1. bravewarrior profile image88
      bravewarriorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I had an article "snipped' by HP just before they moved it to a niche site. All that was done was to remove the Amazon capsule. I just hope the ads they run on the page relate to the product I reviewed so I can make some money.

Nell Roseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Shauna, not sure if they are moving mine or not, it just seemed as though they are snipping the Amazon ads, strange!

1. bravewarrior profile image88
          bravewarriorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was a little distressed when I got the email that one of my articles was snipped because I opted out of HubPro. Then two days later I got notification that it and another article of mine were moved to the same niche site.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yep, the HP slaughter of Amazon capsules continues....

If you put one or two back that relate directly to the subject at hand, HP might let the hub live.

lol! I will wait to see whats happening with it

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image94
      Phyllis Doyleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I had a hub moved to a niche and all is as I published it except for the Amazon ad - someone (id ten t) removed the baking dish ad that is crucial to making the recipe.

I do believe you can ask Robin to have the relevant ads reinstalled and she may approve. I read a comment by someone who had his ads approved to go back in the hub after it was niched.

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I simply edit them myself and put one Amazon capsule and relevant photos back. It hasn't prevented the hubs being moved.

4. Christy Kirwan profile image89
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are still allowed to add products, but the rules are stricter for niche sites. The product must relate directly to the Hub's title (not just be about the same general topic), and you must demonstrate personal experience. Why does your reader need this item in order to carry out the instructions in the Hub and/or why does it make it easier? Why do you personally recommend that particular brand or style of product? How do you use yours? (You should never add a product you display no personal experience with in the Hub.)

Ah.. thanks Christy, makes sense I didn't realise!

2. LauraVerderber profile image89
        LauraVerderberposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Christy, I was hoping you could help me? I just had an article snipped and moved. All of my Amazon capsules were snipped. The two items are a  specific type of cat harness and leash I have personal experience with, which is why I recommended and described them in the article. They were linked to in the Amazon capsules. They meet the criteria you have described above. I believe those Amazon ads are relevant. The hub is called "How to Leash Train Your Cat" and it was moved to PetHelpful.

3. LauraVerderber profile image89
        LauraVerderberposted 7 years agoin reply to this

On top of it, my views have dropped. If I can't get those Amazon ads back, is there a way to move the article back to Hubpages? I'm kind of disappointed. I thought I had edited the article beautifully, including whimsical photos which also got deleted.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The way to get it moved back to HubPages is to replace the ads and photos that were removed.   If the editors aren't happy with the reinstatement, they will move it back to HubPages.

4. Rafini profile image82
        Rafiniposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What I don't understand then, is why my review of Rogue One had two Amazon capsules snipped (one for the original Star Wars and one for the entire collection) when they were clearly and directly related to the hub title, which included "The Star Wars Story Continues".  I am not a Star Wars fan and say so in my hub, and the Amazon capsule titles/personal opinion say something like "For the Star Wars fan".

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A couple of things occur to me.  Although the title might have mentioned Star Wars, the Hub was specifically about Rogue One, so I'm thinking the only video allowed would be Rogue One.  Also, you didn't give a personal recommendation, in fact you said you don't like it.

1. Rafini profile image82
            Rafiniposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I accept what you say, but at the same time have to wonder -

A Star Wars Story Continues.  Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, is the actual title of the film.  My hub title specifically includes the word "continues" because that's what Rogue One is, a continuation of the original story even if, in a loosely stated reality, it takes place before the original.  There are at least six or seven films in the series now - making Continues a valid topic for my hub.

Also, my personal recommendation/opinion is For the Star Wars Fan.  I supposed I could say something more like - Any Star Wars Fan Would Appreciate This Collection.  But that seems a bit presumptive.

2. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 7 years ago

Guess Not

3. Austinstar profile image83
    Austinstarposted 7 years ago

I just had a hub moved to a new niche site, and almost everything in the hub was snipped! Photos, capsules, video. It's totally destroyed! Ther is only one photo and one paragraph left! This is so weird.

4. Nell Rose profile image90

Bit annoyed to be honest with the latest re do! my hub Life before Life - where were you before you were born? was changed to Life before we before you were born! makes no sense! had to change it back!!

1. Jean Bakula profile image90
      Jean Bakulaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've had about 10 hubs snipped, but only one is on a niche site right now. They haven't changed any of my writing, and I took many Amazon hubs off my work along the way, since HP doesn't seem to want them and I never made money on them anyway. It seems like they are going in order, from the highest viewed hubs downward. 

I wrote a lot of hubs in groups, and have concerns that some hubs within a group won't be moved, and they won't make sense as a whole unit. That remains to be seen. But so far I'm happy, nothing big was changed.

Also, I see a category for Alternative & Supernatural Beliefs, and although I write a lot about Astrology, they have snipped Tarot hubs too. And Alternative as opposed to what? I also have Buddhism, Reincarnation, and other metaphysical subjects. Again, I guess I have to wait to see.

I didn't realise that they had Supernatural! maybe thats why they are doing mine, thanks Jean

5. Nell Rose profile image90

Actually to be fair they have put some of mine in new niches so thats okay

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)