Why Has the Press Underreported/Not Reported Terrorist Attacks?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Sychophantastic profile image84
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

The White House provided a list of 78 terror attacks that it said the media had underreported or not reported. President Trump has told us that the media, for its own reasons, is not reporting these attacks. Some of those attacks include:

truck attacks in Nice, France
    Paris, France (where apparently over 100 people died)
    an Orlando nightclub shooting
    an attack at the Brussels airport
    a shooting in San Bernardino

And then there was Kellyanne Conway's mention of the Bowling Green massacre. In fact, she's mentioned this incident twice in the past few months.

Have any of you heard of these attacks? I certainly have not, which obviously proves President Trump correct. These attacks happened and the media doesn't want us to know about them or wants to pretend like they weren't the work of radical Islamic terrorists.

What do you think?

1. Will Apse profile image87
      Will Apseposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I certainly remember the Little Bowling Green Men Massacre. And the shocking incident of a man speaking Arabic on a plane.

1. Sychophantastic profile image84
        Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why would the media want to keep these things from their viewers? Are they afraid that if they call out terrorism when they see it, they will be providing support for an immigration ban?

1. Will Apse profile image87

Last week a CNN reporter was seen drinking Turkish coffee. Turkish coffee, think about it. It is pretty clear that all American mainstream reporters are ISIS sleeper agents.

2. PhoenixV profile image62
          PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The media didn't report on that tornado that killed ten thousand people in one Kansas town. Its amazing since that was more killed than all the tornados in recorded history combined, I believe. If obama hadnt reported it we still wouldnt know.

2. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I personally witnessed the Bowling Green massacre and barely escaped with my life. Fortunately, I know kung fu from watching movies and was able to take out three of the terrorists.

3. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think the "truck attacks in Nice, France" reporting was the most ridiculous.  MSM hasn't wanted to say Islamic terrorist...that time they really showed how stupid they think their audience is. 

A freaking truck attacked those innocent people in Nice, France!  Despicable!  Next they are going to say we need to ban all trucks?

When its an Islamic terrorist it should be report as that, not covered up as something else.  A truck, my elbow!

That isn't reporting..its BS.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The truck attacks - I remember them well, they were certainly widely reported in Europe, the UK, Australia and New Zealand at the time. 

It's policy, and a good one, not to label ANY attack as a terrorist attack until they know who did it.  Because labelling it as terrorist if it's not, will only make people panic.  In the case of the truck attacks, it was a terrorist attack although they're still not sure whether he was a lone wolf or part of a bigger group.

I was aware of every single one of the so-called unreported attacks and can remember the reporting clearly.  I suspect the Americans who can't remember, are the kind of people who don't pay much attention to news outside America at the best of time, and therefore didn't pay attention to the reports. That's all.

1. profile image0

Great points, Marisa. Some people still try to keep level heads.

4. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The "Pravda "American news  media simply parrots the elitist Obama legacy , they are selling traditional America down the toilet  , the left that has invested so heavily into the media  that has an agenda to tear American values apart at the seams and for what ? 

But hey , Hillary is now Tweeting like Trump  !      There is hope for the left's future ...........?

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Michael Moore made an oscar winning documentary called Bowling for Columbine all about Bowling Green massacre.

Don't think there is a clear documentary about the history of Yahweh/Christians unless you included dinosaurs and Flintstones.

Back to living in the now. Killing for Jesus is the largest cause of murder, even though Jesus says it is a sin, Could not live a lie myself. Or live like a hypocrites and follow Trump type of Christians vs Muslims.

Live and let live, all in all another brick in the wall, leave those Muslims and Latinos alone.

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Except Michael Moore is a complete and unmitigated liar .

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

How many of you who are falling for this misdirection want ice with that Koolaid?

3. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Sorry, Sycho. I will let you go about your work undisturbed in future.

4. Paul Wingert profile image61
    Paul Wingertposted 7 years ago

Sychophantastic, you are very disturbed. You need to take a break from Fox News and step outside for fresh air while you still can before it becomes too polluted to breath thanks to your orange man-baby.

1. profile image0

I think he's actually pulling our leg.

1. PhoenixV profile image62

Thats the best part.  The obliviousness of the intended audience.

2. Sychophantastic profile image84
      Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Real Americans would take these accusations more seriously. This is our safety, after all. Liberals took everything coming from the Obama White House as gospel and parroted it endlessly. This information is coming directly from the Trump White House and deserves to be taken seriously. The media are covering up terrorist attacks and limiting their coverage. They're trying to make America seem a lot safer than it really is.

Real Americans would take these accusations more serious.

Can we give the land back to the Natives when it was greener and safer.

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'll take it.  Having been born here certainly qualifies me as a native - I'll take the whole bloody continent. 

Now, as to the liberals inhabiting the area...

I was born here too. Parents were born here, grandparents born here. Ancestors been born here going on 5 centuries. Some of my Ancestors even been here since they presumably crossed the Bering.

Well, OK then.  I will share - you may have Connecticut.  And New Jersey, come to think about it.

You couldnt give me NJ. Im thinking Wyoming.

Or if california secedes into the Pacific, maybe a beach house in AZ.

No.  No, you can't have Wyoming - it has a great national park.  But you can have Arizona - I've been to Phoenix and have no desire to be cooked alive again.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75

I'm both liberals and conservative why would I fight with himself. You can climb into bed with a Christian nation with your hate/love relationship while they hate you more. Atheist have most Religious knowledge of any group and they registered as a Religion in America.

I'm spiritual rather than Religious, all for one one for all, it can't happen in fairytales of politics or Religious. Better possibility with indigenous for healthy mind and body.

America just ignores real bio organisms as each of us are earthlings first. America has chosen a greedy Synthetic world over a green world.

Bolivia area has the highest indigenous population in both north and south American. They are ghe true masters of bio organisms society they are my people, not zombie/robot land.

Good thing you live in the country with your feet on the grass more than in a concrete jungle.

2. Will Apse profile image87

Luckily, I ain't even an unreal American so I will not have to live with the fallout of a government working in a fantasy world of ideological 'truths' rather than views based on the available facts.

'Course, when the missiles start flying over my head (the South China sea is not far from me) I may get some fall out that I was not expecting, lol.

3. profile image0

The media also covered up the Bowling Green, Atlanta and Toledo massacres. They really need to be stopped.

How did the media cover up the massacre, by not making up BS like Conway. and Trump did. Or use a ban and to create another false flag to attack Muslims countries for their oil.

1. profile image0

The media did all of the killing.  wink

It may be hard for you to believe this, I'm a strong optimist. 

When a the largest gift  box of horse sh_t is given to me in a form of Trump and media. , I will dig through all the sh_t and find a pony. Right now, riding that pony in South America. Sorry for not swimming in all that sh_t with you guys. Now sitting back and enjoying the greatest and most dangerous freak show on earth.

5. Oztinato profile image77
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

This is ridiculous.
    It's a paranoid fantasy to believe such bs.
    Trying to control or demonize the press is a megalomaniacs ploy to become a dictator.
    Likewise trying to demonize the law and courts.

6. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years ago

If you are afraid this statement might be true, do this:  Read a major city newspaper, watch more than on major network TV news, read a national weekly newsmagazine, then decide on the validity of news coverage.  Don't do this: Read blogs, listen to cable radio, watch only one TV network, read tweets.  See how much better informed you are.

From being in the arts and entertainment business, have watched multi media De-evolved the last 40 years based on too much nonsense. There are some online networks that do make a good deal of sense with filming directly to what is really happening, not like the vast majority whitewashed mainstream media.

2. profile image0

As you said on my other comment, YES to yours.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

+1

7. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

The mainstream news media in America is totally twisted out of shape -It is  "Face Book " news media .AND      Todays major outlets of" Fake News " is at fault for the political atmosphere now.

An anchor on CNN just had a major on air meltdown  about the use of the term "Fake News " anybody see that one ?
    Classic !

1. crankalicious profile image88
      crankaliciousposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The fake news industry was begun by climate change opponents. CNN is not fake news. It may have a bias, but if you don't understand the difference between that and fake, you are the one being duped.

8. profile image59
    StewartReidposted 5 months ago

Thank you for bringing attention to the issue of terrorist attacks that aren't reported enough. This is essential to talk about. It's also important to think about how it affects different businesses, like construction estimating.

In a time where safety and security are very important, the construction industry has a big role in making our buildings and infrastructure strong against unexpected dangers. Making accurate cost estimates for construction is the first step in ensuring that buildings and places are designed and built with safety in mind. To protect against possible terrorist attacks, we need to think about these things when we plan and estimate the costs.

We should encourage the construction and security industries to work together more and make more people aware of how underreported attacks can affect construction. As we try to make our security measures stronger, it's very important to include these ideas in our projects to protect our communities and things we value.

Let's team up and make sure the construction industry stays alert, adaptable, and ready to face security challenges that change over time.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)