Has anyone had a change of mind about Trump - either way?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (59 posts)
  1. Misfit Chick profile image75
    Misfit Chickposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13503183.jpg
    Inquiring minds want to know... Has anyone changed their opinion of Donald Trump for whatever reason? I know he's lost a few supporters, but not very many; and it seems like we might be getting used to Trump's cadence. Things don't feel quite so raw, anymore. Am I right about that?

I have never been a Trump fan. I didn't like his personality long before he started running for president. However, I don't think its impossible to become a T-fan - just difficult, ha! I believe he is capable of getting the country in perspective and 'fixing' whatever ACTUALLY needs to be fixed. But, he would really have to do something amazing to impress me at this point - like showing his tax returns, along with nothing being wrong with them, to start. smile

But, now that some time has passed, I am finding Trump's disposition more tolerable - even when he's twittering rudely at foreign countries. (You realize its a professionally-taboo form of communication used mainly for MARKETING to all the kids & trolls who hang out there, don't you?) There has even been a couple times that I have appreciated something Trump has said - although I can't think of one at the moment. Plus, I appreciate his relationship with his kids & grandkids. I've also appreciated Melania's efforts. It didn't seem at first that she really wanted to be First Lady, but she's doing a good job. The love people close to Trump have for him does not go unnoticed. (Then again, we humans are capable of loving all kinds of really weird people, LoL!)

But, so far from my moderate perspective, Trump has gone about 'uniting the country' the wrong way; and I haven't appreciated most of his EO's. I've been meaning to go through and see if there is ONE that I can agree with, but I haven't had time.

I do think the military strikes he has made need to wait to be judged. We can't tell how quick or 'reactive' they were made - but that is a concerning aspect because we know Trump is naturally-reactive. Like with Syria - I'm too suspicious of fake news, even within our own govenerment (remember the faked WMD documents that took us back into Iraq) - so maybe he should have waited for an investigation. Like I said, the military judgements can wait unless you have a passionate view about them.

What do you think? Have you made any adjustments in your opinions about President Trump since the election ended?

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I still say it is too early to pass any judgment so it would be foolish to change your mind at this point. Ask again in about a year and we'll see what we think of the guy as president.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

A years is likely sufficient to begin (begin!) to formulate an opinion on the effectiveness or direction of Trump.  Anything less is foolish, and is falling back into simple partisan politics without need for truth or fact.

Agreed.

2. Misfit Chick profile image75
        Misfit Chickposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You and Wilderness...I didn't say anything about judgements, I was asking if anyone else has altered their first opinions of Trump since the election aside from me - along with how & why. As far as I am concerned, that is probably a continually-developing process for most people; and I am curious about it. I don't think its such an outrageous thing to take our temperature at this point. If you don't think the question matters, then why are both of you in here almost every day responding to stuff like this?

Guess I don't understand, then.  If his attitudes, aim and effectiveness aren't what you are speaking about, what is?  The way he parts his hair?  Will anyone ever think he is a great public speaker?  I understand that lots of people think every word he utters is a lie, but without a real effort at understanding (coupled with some tolerance) they will continue to think so.  And as they will never, ever make an effort to understand THE ENEMY they will continue to think everything he says is a lie.

Beyond that, I'm lost.  Help me out?

2. Live to Learn profile image60

I'm afraid it is all about judgment. How else would your opinion alter?

Anyway, anyone who sways so easily with no time for the guy to prove himself is little more than a branch swaying with the wind of public opinion.

I really don't understand why people don't get that we've given Trump chances - LOTS of them, we have been forced to since he's been in that office. Its not like we can remove him at will!

We watched him throughout his nomination campaign and didn't like the way he freely offended and insulted so many individuals & groups, alike. And that's not counting previous mouthy offenses because he wasn't running for president then - and for some strange reason, his past doesn't count as it does for every other politician before him?!

We watched him throughout the presidential election process and he didn't do any better. And since, we've watched him  for almost 100 days and have been less than impressed by his continued childish use of twitter. We've watched him sign EO after EO with haughty pride without taking into consideration the consequences beyond the profits undoing things will bring to him and his fellow billionaire buddies.

Trump has done plenty of things that can (and has) altered people's perceptions of him - or solidified them. You can be offended by that, or not. Its not like any of his supporters seem capable of reason or common sense. This question was an attempt at that, but I guess it just isn't possible.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13504399.jpg

I'm no fan of Trump. But he was elected president and I'm willing to give him a chance. A real chance. Not a 'if he doesn't walk on water' chance.

Come on, you're an intelligent person (I know, I've seen you say intelligent things). You know damn well that this isn't a 'walk on water' request. I'd settle for mediocracy at this point, and so would the majority of us who didn't vote for him. Again, either read what I say and judge it based on what it is - or drop it. You can't 'win' by insisting that neither I nor any other non-fan of Trump is always wrong or that we don't try to relate to the rest of you.

I think you are putting words in my mouth. I don't think anyone is always wrong but I do think the bar is set rather high here. He is the president, not king. We have a legislative branch with years of partisan politics to overcome. There is a lot of work to be done to get our government back on track and working for the good of all the people. It will take time. I'm willing to wait and see for a reasonable amount of time.

Trump doesn't have a free pass from me. I'm watching too,.but I will not participate in the same type of negativity we witnessed against Obama. I don't know what good purpose it can serve. How can we expect maturity and cooperation from our government if we can't display it ourselves?

2. wilderness profile image93

"We've watched him sign EO after EO with haughty pride without taking into consideration the consequences beyond the profits undoing things will bring to him and his fellow billionaire buddies."

Can you provide proof that at least 2 EO's will:

1) provide profits to Trump and at least 2 billionaires he is friends with
              2) that there was no consideration given to the EO's except that profit

Or is the statement just more rant, without truth or fact?

Don't worry about the facts, they are all 'alternative' things to pick & choose from anyway, right?

The FACTS are: he removed safety business regulations that were put in place after the 2008 economic fiasco (that happened on GOP time) that were meant to prevent it from happening again; and he has removed environmental regulations that were put in place to protect our environment. Why do you think there was a big 'march for science' this past weekend?

Pay attention instead of just assuming that his every word & action is perfect.

Great!  Now show that the removal of business regulations from 2 EO's will benefit both Trump and at least two other billionaire friends.  You didn't forget that part of the claim, did you? 

And then show that there was no other consideration involved, nothing but how much more profit Trump will make; that no one cared what it would do to or for the country, the world or small business.  No discussion of any of those things, or how those EO's might affect workers.  That, too, was a part of the claim.

The "March for science" - I didn't hear anything about pushing for a manned Mars mission.  I didn't see any scientific proof of when "Personhood" begins in the womb.  I failed to catch where the age of the earth was discussed, or the millions of pieces of evidence for the creation of new species. 

There didn't seem to be any push for fusion power, or even for money to develop it, as badly as we need the power of the sun.  No evidence that GMO foods were anything but necessary to maintain the population.  No discussion of energy stockpiling (batteries), though it remains key for nearly all "alternative energy" sources.  Nothing for increased funding of scrubber technology or capture of CO2 gasses from smokestacks. 

No mention of forcing smaller cars or higher gas mileage, and nothing on alternative transportation fuels or infrastructure for them.  Not a word on medical uses of THC, and quiet on cancer research.  Not a single grant given to study increasing levels of allergies in the US.  No debate on mining techniques for the rare earths in solar cells, and no help, either.  No one talked about the artificial plastic island in the pacific, what it does to wildlife, or how it can be cleaned up. 

All I heard was screaming about how terrible Trump is; hardly a useful topic for a worldwide march.  How about you?  While I'm sure the further vilification of Trump was pleasant to hear, was there anything else that came out of the march?  Maybe something from Japan, or Russia that would show those things he ended actually DID prevent further economic damage in excess of the harm they cause?

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

My support is still behind President Trump, even more since the election.  I'm interested in seeing if his 100th day in the Oval Office will mark day one of a government shut down.   

From there I'm waiting to see what Trump will do when the Federal Reserve crashes or any central bank for that matter. According to experts I listen to its just a matter of time, and the sooner the better so he doesn't get blamed for it.  It doesn't sound like the billionaire is doing anything to save the fiat currency system.  I don't believe he will.

That is one of the things I have been curious about, too - especially since it is something conservatives have been predicting every year since Obama took office. (Remember the stockpiles of coffins that were rumored to be sent out to all major cities to deal with the fallout after this major crisis?!)

Also, I've heard Trump say that Ocare is going to tank soon (which is another thing that's been going to happen since it was put through according to the GOP). Don't hold your breath... they don't have a very good record for predicting these things, LoL! Their last major economic screwups happened pre-2008; and thanks to the Obama Administration, didn't get much worse before things started getting better.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13503443.jpg

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13503444.jpg

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13503445.png

3. GA Anderson profile image88
      GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hello Misfit Chick, Given the context of your comment you seem to imply you will judge by actions - not words; so why are his tax returns important to you?

GA

His tax returns are important for the same reasons his investment conflicts of interest are important; and I never said I wasn't judging on words: that's why most of us didn't want him in there in the first place - his offensive, insulting rhetoric and previous business & personal history (which is way worse than Hillary's). Also, notice that I said him showing his tax returns would be a START.

Presidents submit their tax returns just like they do birth certificates (Obama presented the same type of birth certificate as every other president in office until 'birthers' decided that HE needed the full one for them to believe him) - its what is done; and Trump SAID he would do it during his campaign if he won. Why hasn't he? Aren't you the least bit curious? What could they POSSIBLY have in them that he doesn't want us all to see? If you were a responsible citizen actually concerned about this country, you would want to see them, too. But, Trump doesn't really have to impress his supporters or prove anything to them in any other way aside from talking like a bully.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13504365.jpg

Are you referring to the potential conflicts the Trumpaphobes are slavering at the mouth to turn into actual conflicts of interest?  The innocent business contacts that they use offensive, insulting and false to fact rhetoric to try and convince us all that there is a conflict when there is no indication of one?  Those "conflicts of interest"?

Or the ones that haven't been found but amount to the same thing; an excuse for the left to make unfounded claims and accusations?

First, again... I'm not a Trumpaphobe. If that were true, I wouldn't be giving him the credit that I gave him in the beginning of this question. I have never been afraid of Trump or what he is going to do with this country. What CONCERNS me is his lack of ability to relate to anyone beyond his own rabid base, nor does he seem to have any desire to do so - and neither do his supporters care about whether or not he includes anyone else in his thought processes. This country is not a dictatorship.

Second, SINCE WHEN does America NOT CARE about the President's conflicts of interests or whether or not he has cheated on his taxes? We have LAWS about it - remember Kellyanne getting in trouble for mentioning Ivanka's stuff; and all the stuff coming up about his Florida resort, now? LOTS of people are concerned about his holdings. Please don't insult my intelligence and claim that its all moot.

There is NO WAY IN HELL either Obama or Hillary would get away with HALF the stuff Trump has gotten away with - and thats just STARTING with his family of five kids with three different mothers and going from there... Perhaps Obama should have made his sister or mother-in-law part of his cabinet. How would that have gone over?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13504406.jpg

Can I assume from this that you aren't producing any conflicts of interest because you have found none, that the goal of complaining about imaginary ones is to convince others that they DO exist although you can't produce any?

You can assume that you are a huge jerk - like so many of the Trump crowd - who refuse to see any substance within sentences written by anyone aside from yourselves.

Oh, I think the "substance" is quite apparent: "I hate Trump and will say whatever I can come up with to make others think he is evil.  I will even say he has conflicts of interest, whether I can find any or not!".

If asking that you support your claims makes me a jerk, so be it.  If calling you out on saying things you cannot show as true does the same, I'm OK with it.

lol I think the jerk here is rather obvious and it ain't Wilderness.

Shhh, LtL - peace.  I'm sure she doesn't mean it; it's that that ranting and unsupported claims have failed and, without facts or truth, all that's left is name calling and other diversionary tactics (he has 5 kids, from 3 wives!  Lots of people want to see his private financial information!  His base is rabid people!)

2. GA Anderson profile image88
          GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, you certainly unloaded on me in this comment Misfit Chick.

Your assumptions that I am a Trump supporter, and, an irresponsible citizen unconcerned for the safety and welfare on our country are wrong. Rather than take offense, I will take an opportunity. An opportunity to point out how most people view the holder of a self-righteous perspective.

I would mention, (that I think),  that many of your other assumptions are as wrong as the two I noted above, but I don't think it would do any good. So I will stick with the returns.

The "tradition" of presidential candidates showing their returns is just pandering. The required financial disclosures contain all the information that is pertinent to a candidate's qualification to run for the office. Pres. Trump supplied those required financial forms - as required by law. Anything else is the choice of the voters.

What right do you have to demand more - other than your vote of course?

GA

4. Quilligrapher profile image73
      Quilligrapherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, my opinion shifted. I originally expected candidate Donald Trump would fail but, now, I sincerely want to see President Donald Trump succeed. I don’t think, however, he has the skill set necessary to be a successful president.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

5. The0NatureBoy profile image56
      The0NatureBoyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I do not change my mind about Trump but his number as president from 45th to 43rd which makes him the impeached president for the "son of man" to replace and bring world peace: Genesis 49:9-12, Isaiah 2:2-4, Micah 5:2 and Revelation 13:5.

Why the 43rd, because the 22nd and 24th presidents was the same person voted in, out and back in which automatically makes him the 44th president; William Henry Harrison discarnated 31 days after inaugurating which Revelation 5:5 would not recognize as a month but and bestow its on his successor, thus, he is the 43rd president and require impeachment.

The first reason for impeachment is 9/11 was an act of treason (https://hubpages.com/politics/Why-And-H … Overthrown) and, According to Article 2.4 and Amendment 14.3, both Obama and Trump refused to have George W. Bush arrested ands Trump refused to have Obama arrested which makes them both having committed treason. Congress is also guilty so if they pardons either or both they commits treason. 

The second, Trump's allowed the two oil pipelines to continue across the Native American's Independent Territories (Article 6.2) their treaties established with them they opposed and the fact he has investments with one company, though it may be a Misdemeanor, is the second reason for his impeachment.

Thus, I change his number as President and invite everyone to seek his impeachment.

6. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"What do you think? Have you made any adjustments in your opinions about President Trump since the election ended?"

No. He's still a racist, sexist, homophobic, egotistical maniac. The only difference is that he is now in the White House, and in a position right now where he could potentially get thousands of civilians in Asia killed by a military conflict not of their choosing.

It's also just been announced by the House Oversight Committee that the man he chose to be the national security advisor probably broke the law by accepting money from an adversarial foreign state. That bodes well for national security.

He's also reversed and stripped agencies and legislation that exist to protect the environment and ordinary people from unscrupulous and harmful businesses (like his own) while announcing tax cuts that mostly benefit the wealthy (like him and his cabinet).

But it's ok, because at least we've gotten used to his "cadence", and that makes all the difference doesn't it.

I often wonder what we will do if (when?) Trump truly does fall flat on his face. I hate the thought of shrugging and saying 'oh well, we should have elected Hillary'.

My wish is that if (when?) it happens it will be the final moment of disgust we'll have for Washington and we will force a new/old way of government into existence.

1. colorfulone profile image78
          colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

We could take the reformation path?  Yeah!  Maybe that's where Trump is trying to take us.  This could really get ugly before it gets beautiful.

Speaking for myself: I will take my efforts into the next presidential election as well as any and all other elections I vote in.  No incumbent shall receive my vote, and as few professional politicians as possible.

And that is probably the only viable route open to us. The problems are the contentious nature of our national relationship will get much worse during an attempt to slowly change our government to a more responsible one and how in the world do we clean up an environment over a long period that quickly poisons everything that moves within it?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

This thread is a perfect example of why I swore off forums and questions about politics.  I still read them.  But this kind of discussion is a waste of everybody's time and energy.  If you feel so strongly on a subject - write a hub.  It takes no imagination or effort to banter in the questions section.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Do you know of any postive political forum?

He says knowingly.

2. Misfit Chick profile image75

Indeed. I will be writing no more political 'questions' for HP. This one started out as trying to be a 'nice' one. When even those on the same side feel a need to attack each other - we're in deep doodoo. So, I'll remind you all one last time and then sign off... there is only one government in that office; and there has been a 'one world' government across most of the major countries for a while.

The deep divisions in both this country and across the world are not recent or new; and there is only one way that they would/could have been hyped - all at the same time & to the extent that they have - by intentional public manipulation through every avenue available. War is profitable - for them. Stop believing their BS & jumping through their hoops.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13507988.jpg

Good notice poster.

You do realize that people can read through the thread pretty easily to find when what you say is an outright falsehood? No one was attacking anyone, other than disagreeing with you.

Actually, I didn't read through most of the comments above - I'm sure they are all very enlightening; and you've all completely missed the original point of this post - choosing instead, to take offense and treat it like any other us vs them thing.

If there was a good point or correction made about something I said above - WOOT! You get to freely gloat about that instead of taking note of anything else I said. Congratulations. You're doing exactly what they want you to do.

If you are specifically talking about what GA said about Trump's taxes above - I don't agree with him. No, it isn't a 'law'; but 1) every other President since 1970 has given the public this courtesy; 2) In defiant response to 'liberals' who were questioning his business integrity during his campaign - Trump SAID he would release them...

and the biggie - 3) it leaves a question in the public's mind about Trump that makes it easy to manipulate people: are you going to choose to stand by Trump 'no matter what' on this tax issue; or are you going to choose to believe that he's dishonest because he hasn't proven to us that his many previous financial failures have not been a burden to this country?

Trump could silence that question among us once and for all - why doesn't he, instead of letting the media continue to whip it around?

Because he either really is a crook and doesn't want us to see; OR it doesn't benefit him to do so. 'The World Plan' works better with as much chaos stirred up among us as possible. Also, its been an amazing potential diversion.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13508060.jpg

Misfit, I never took offense. My comments in this thread were to give the guy a fair and reasonable chance. Not attempt to chalk him up as a success or failure in April of the same year he took office. Anyone who changes their mind at this early date honestly couldn't have held an informed opinion prior to that.

I did comment about jerks, but I honestly thought your comment to Wilderness was incredibly rude and I felt compelled to comment on it. Sorry if it caused offense.

We have already talked about you mistaking the original purpose of this post - I was not trying to get people to develop an 'end judgement' either for or against Trump. Its just so damn easy to offend T-fans. Why should we consider anything at all about him - his past, his comments, his abusive behavior, I could go on...

I didn't see your mini-lecture about what I said to Wilderness; but that has been a pretty normal thing for you to do: correct my attitude. I have developed this attitude since Trump came along for a reason; and Wilderness and I have had several heated comments between us that aren't nice. He views me to be an idiot as much as I view him to be one. If you don't like that, don't worry - its not like you have done anything at all to help these divisive attitudes become bigger.

I'm going to be honest. This is why I attempt to avoid conversations with you. I do find you to be rather rude when people disagree. But, honestly, I hate threads where it's just a rah rah session. Different ideas should be refreshing; not tedious.

Your title is 'Has anyone had a change of mind about Drumpf-either way?' If that wasn't what you wanted comments on you probably need to rethink how you present yourself.

That isn't the title of this question, but that's what you see. It's true I've become WAY more difficult to argue with regarding Trump. We've got more stuff on him, now; and he continues to produce more 'stuff' to talk about. That was the purpose of this question: has Trump done any 'stuff' since he's been in office that has ALTERED anyone's mind either way...

It was a good question. I wanted to know if I was the only one who has SOFTENED their opinion toward him. I think Trump has been kind of forced to tone down now that he's officially potus; but his followers are still stuck in their own reality. Oh well. I'll simply take you back to my original ending and then I really am out of here; because Kathleen is right - it really is fruitless to continue arguing with each other. We really need to start putting our focus elsewhere.

There is only one government in that office; and there has been a 'one world' government across most of the major countries for a while. The deep divisions in both this country and across the world are not recent or new; and there is only one way that they would/could have been hyped - all at the same time & to the extent that they have - by intentional public manipulation through every avenue available. War is profitable - for them. Stop believing their BS & jumping through their hoops.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13508091.jpg

That makes good sense, no sense talking about politics. Only the people and formost yourself will make a positive change for humanity and the health of the planet as done throughout human history.

That isn't the title? roll You can read the title you set for the thread, I assume.

But, again. You ask if any of the 'stuff' has altered anyone's opinion. I stand by my original comment that no opinions should yet be altered. I'm not certain how you see that as a non answer. But, so be it.

I do agree with you that there is a 'one world government scenario going on' and that we, the citizens of the world, need to open our eyes...understand how we are all being manipulated...and do something about it in our collective best interests. I don't see that happening any time soon. If we can't, even within the borders of our own country, have civil discourse on the subject and come to a consensus how can we even begin to figure out how to do it across national borders?  And it is sad because I think that we in America have a unique opportunity to be the leader in this. But arguing over politics is not going to start the changes.

1) every other President since 1970 has given the public this courtesy
            Pretty convenient to fail to mention the 200 years of presidents that did NOT give that "courtesy", isn't it?

3) "it leaves a question in the public's mind about Trump that makes it easy to manipulate people: are you going to choose to stand by Trump 'no matter what' on this tax issue; or are you going to choose to believe that he's dishonest because he hasn't proven to us that his many previous financial failures have not been a burden to this country"

How about the third option: wait until evidence and proof is found?  When did it become the norm to require proof of innocence rather than proof of guilt?  And when did we begin to decide that financial failures have a negative consequence to the country and therefore the President must be blamed for it.  Perhaps by claiming "conflict of interest" although there isn't any found?

"Trump could silence that question among us once and for all - why doesn't he, instead of letting the media continue to whip it around?"

Why would he?  The media (and Trump haters) are going to "whip it around" no matter what happens; what could possibly be a good reason to make public private information then?  Somehow Trumps reasons are always set aside in favor of those looking for ammunition; how about finding a good reason for Trump instead of cobbled together reasons for people that have no rights at all in the matter?  Reasons like "Lots of people want to see his private information" or "He has had 3 wives and 5 children", neither of which is any kind of reason at all to Trump.

I suppose they'll 'whip it around' like the birthers with Obama's birth certificate. Nothing satisfied them but they didn't really want to be satisfied in the first place.

Exactly.  The birthers didn't want to be satisfied (and still aren't - Obama's presidency was illegal, don't ya know?) and neither do the Trump haters demanding what they have no right to see.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 6 years ago

I say,  keep Trump in. In order to beat GW Bush record of the worst President ever in American history he needs more than a few months. The common people abuse has not nearly hit rock bottom. A full scale civil and world war needs more insane people like him to create a full scale American second revolutions.

I deeply dislike to have to say.
    I told you so!
    No skin off my noses, I am down here.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

Everybody forgets. 3 million more voters preferred Hillary.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)