Target: Fox News

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)
  1. abwilliams profile image67
    abwilliamsposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13503017.jpg
    So now Sean Hannity has been targeted.  The Big Fish, O'Reilly has already been pan fried and served up. Now it's time to move on to other large and even some medium-sized fish (because they grow bigger every day) (Watch out Tucker!)
    I'm having a hard time believing these accusations.
    Hannity....a womanizer? Really!?
    Mike Pence's Philosophy, which he was soooo ridiculed over, may be the best and only option for [Conservative] men these days!

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What I read was that he asked the woman if she wanted to come back to his hotel room. If that was all he did, and if he took no for an answer.....I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.

2. Misfit Chick profile image77
      Misfit Chickposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know, all this misogynistic head-hunting is a little insulting. Fox News has been notorious for believing in and maintaining misogynistic stances against women since it was founded by misogynistic men who value locker room mentality. Its not like any of this stuff is new. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEoWSaM61NI

The only reason I can see why Fox News is suddently being hit so hard with these accusations is because people who are mad about Trump being in office are trying to take it out on one of the main sources of people's brainwashed mentality - which happens to be Fox News.

If people had been far more concerned about these misogynistic things AS they were happening (along with other really important ones) a LOT earlier - we might not have someone like Trump in office, now. Frankly, as a woman, I think most of us are pretty good at taking care of ourselves when it comes to misogynistic BS; and we know that groups like Fox News not only exist but thrive with that kind of mentality. Its a little late to throw these fits now. Its far better to use places like FN as an example to teach people than as a place to start a ridiculous witch hunt.

This country needs to find a track to get on and start moving. This Fox News crap is just another stupid diversion.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13503122.jpg

2. abwilliams profile image67

I doubt the 'Invite' ever took place.

I see now that the accuser is back pedaling fast. It won't matter. Those on the left who are looking for the sensationalism don't care about truth anyway. They'll run with it as long as they can.

1. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think Misfit Chick hit on the answer: people are mad about Trump being president.  It isn't working to attack him directly, so anything connected with the right will be slimed instead. 

Hope you're not registered as part of the GOP - you could find a truckload of mud dumped in your front yard if you are.

I'm not registered with either party so I suppose that means I'm an independent.

The left is really raising an ugly head. I wonder how bad this is going to get before it starts getting better.

It is worrisome.  I'm not seeing any signs of maturing, on either side of the fence.  The people spoke, with the election of Donald Trump, but a minority with a very loud voice is speaking again, and what it has to say isn't pretty.  It is, in fact, in direct opposition to what got Trump elected.  It is that "I want my way and will do whatever it takes to get it" and if allowed to continue - if the people themselves follow the path politicians have taken - we are surely doomed.  Whichever party ends up on top.

Too true.

2. Misfit Chick profile image77
          Misfit Chickposted 6 years agoin reply to this

That is another good point: sliming everything about the right will only keep them pointing their fingers at 'the left' (which is a broad-stroked term that covers every other person who has a different opinion than they do).

I've been suspicious since the beginning of how hyped the divides in this country have gotten - it seems too 'over the top' to be an accident; and none of the arguments are new. 'The right' has been pushing the buttons of 'the left' in the same way - and visa versa - since the foundation of this country. (In fact, the GOP started out as being 'the left', LoL!) It feels an awful lot like our buttons are being pushed in order to get specific responses out of the population - from both extreme left & right sides.

Its a perfect recipe for disaster... and the really cool thing is, if the shadow government manages to blow up the country or harm it significantly in the process (for their sole benefit) - each political party can conveniently continue to blame the other while we all take sides. Those of us who survive, anyway.

I don't know about "since the foundation of this country", but violent, disruptive and destructive pure partisanship has been a part of government for many, many decades and is getting worse every year.

Perhaps we need some way of removing the Democratic and Republican parties from the process of a candidate (whether for president, congress, state legislature, whatever) raising funds.  Money is, of course, the primary hold the party leaders have - take that away and, just maybe, the party will no longer be able to dictate absolute terms to legislators.

I do not believe that every Democrat in Congress always thinks the proper vote is the liberal one, and the same for Republicans.  But they vote that way because that's what those controlling their re-election say to do - remove that and there might be enough honesty and ethics to vote for what the country needs rather than how the party says to vote.

2. colorfulone profile image77
        colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hannity should take that accuser to court anyway.

1. abwilliams profile image67
          abwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes he should!

2. Live to Learn profile image60

Wouldn't matter. It would only be news on Fox news and the left would turn it into something bad about him anyway.

3. abwilliams profile image67

So true, people are upset that Trump is the President of the United States, but he is and it's time to get over it.
    If any "dumps" are planned for my yard, I'd prefer cow dung, our grass desperately needs some greening up!

4. abwilliams profile image67

I know you are right, but, at least he would be taking a Stand.

I have a friend that worked for Disney for years.  She showed me letters from visitors to the Park, that planned to hire Attorneys in order to sue Disney.
    One complained that there were too many walls throughout the Park that People could accidently run into, risking injury (yes....as in Structure Walls) Another complained about curves and sharp turns in pathways and injuries sustained, as a result. Another registered a complaint about a column that didn't belong...and he could prove it!

I laughed. These letters were comical to me.

She said that Disney would pay them off, in order to keep their name out of the News. They never want bad publicity.

I think Fox News and other News Stations (that we'll never hear about) pay out money in order to stay out of the News and avoid bad publicity. But, things are now going too far and someone (Hannity) needs to say "Enough".

Used to work for a major corporation in a small location making construction materials.  Part of my job was to investigate any complaint and determine if we caused it with bad product or if the customer simply didn't use it correctly.

Over a 22 year span, I didn't find more than 2 or 3 instances of bad material, all in the first few years of the plant's operation.  Nevertheless we paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, spread over hundreds of complaints in that time period, solely to keep customers happy and quiet.

Yes, it's gone far too far in this country.

5. abwilliams profile image67

Hannity has a team of Attorneys and is saying "Enough". He is not going down without a fight!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)