last movie that made you think

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

The Matrix - Just an remarkable concept

2. easyspeak profile image68
    easyspeakposted 14 years ago

The Apostle with Robert Duval.  Can a hypocrite preacher who murders someone be redeemed?  Christian and minister hypocrites are so vilified by our culture, does God's grace extend even that far?

3. HubChief profile image70
    HubChiefposted 14 years ago

"knowing" if supernova is really going to happen during my lifetime then all what I am going through is meaningless ? and I felt painful from inside when I thought about suffering of my family members. It was awful.

4. profile image0

did not see the movie but murder is murder where i come from

5. profile image0
    Sidney Rayneposted 14 years ago

Memento....makes my gray matter boil every time I watch it...in fact I conceptualize a different interpretation with every viewing.

As well as thinking, Memento provides the realization that there is another dude out there plastered with a larger amount of random and meaningless tattoo's than myself. For this I am thankful....

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
      Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great film.

The last film that actually made me think though was probably 'Fight Club.'

Or << V for Vendetta. big_smile

6. profile image0

hi sidney rayne - looks like i have many movies to catch up on

1. profile image0
      Sidney Rayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Indeed...think we are past the formalities here as well...call me Sid big_smile

If you like Memento or anything in the rather psychological thriller genre..make sure to check out Mulholland Drive...a David Lynch film. But space your viewing out between the two...just one is enough to drive you bats**t crazy!

7. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

The Day After Tomorrow- Graet movie but really freaky. Makes me wonder more about Global Warming and what is happening to our Earth now.

1. profile image0
      Sidney Rayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...that was a decent flick....Roland Emmerich is like THE director for any apocalyptic blockbuster immersed with special effects....will be interesting to see what 2012 looks like.

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oooo 2010 looks creepy especially since I live so close to where the water takes over Cali! lol

1. profile image0
          mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

it does look good though...

1. profile image0

Oh yea definitely going to go see it. too bad it's not 3D lol make it even creepier!

8. profile image0

sid - MD now that one i saw - good movie - i will space them, i do not want to get out of control

9. profile image0

the knowing was good up until the end - did not like the ending

1. AsherKade profile image59
      AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I AGREE! The end was horrible and very stupid. I was insulted because it had such promise for a movie...

10. Drew Breezzy profile image62
    Drew Breezzyposted 14 years ago

matchstick men

11. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

The Butterfly Effect, Pay it Forward

1. Ladybird33 profile image64
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Colebabie, we are on the same page, I agree with your two and I will add "Seven Pounds" hard movie to start but awesome after you get through the first 20 mins.

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was just about to add that one smile & Into the Wild

12. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

Slumdog Millionaire.  It was brilliant.

1. Bredavies profile image60
      Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree! and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

13. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Signs -- now that was a little freaky since we live in the country and the setting for the movie is (believe it or not) a replica of where we live....tall grass included! 

More seriously, What the Bleep and Down the Rabbit Hole are right up there to make one think.  Still has me thinking about parallel universes..wonder what I'm up to in those places??  hmmmm  tongue

14. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Sixth Sense - what's more freakier than you being dead and not knowing it.

1. profile image0
      fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Happening comes after. Its weird how films by Shyamalan always gets me to thinking. He's my boss!

2. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

true - I still cannot figure out when the boy realized that Bruce Willis was dead...

1. profile image0

The boy first realized it when he first met Bruce Willis.  When he walked into the door, saw him, and froze. It wasn't because he was a doctor, it was because he saw Bruce Willis for what he truly was, a ghost. But he did want help so he let the ghost help him. smile Or so I think lol

1. profile image0
          ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're right of course and I think he knew that Willis could also help him straight off.

2. profile image0
          dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yeah. the kid was used to seeing dead people. Bruce didnt realize HE was dead till the end.

15. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest.... lol

1970s classic... which predicted the religious forums of 2009.

16. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Revolutionary Road- an interesting snapshot of marriage and life.  I wondered how many people feel so unfulfilled.  I wondered how many people just wanted to flee from their lives and attempt a geographical fix for their problems.

1. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I read the book and just saw the movie. Definitely made me think differently about marriage, how things may seem different than they really are, and what happiness really means.

17. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Every movie I see makes me think.  Painful.  Hurts my head.

18. easyspeak profile image68
    easyspeakposted 14 years ago

Unbreakable...the end creeped me out.

19. Epic Fail Guy profile image60
    Epic Fail Guyposted 14 years ago

Epic Fail Guy.

20. wrenfrost56 profile image58
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

The escapist, a british film about a prison escape with a blinding twist. Also nil by mouth was on last night, harsh and raw but real and great acting.

21. Jenny30 profile image59
    Jenny30posted 14 years ago

I would have to say The Ultimate Gift. Really good movie.

22. Alastore001 profile image60
    Alastore001posted 14 years ago

Hmm.. I'm actually a big fan of these type of movies and i watch quite a lot of movies.
    I'd have to list a few rather than single one.

Memento, Equilibrium, Donnie Darko, A clockwork orange(one of my favorites), The Jacket, Fight Club.

Could go on forever, but i'll leave it at that.

23. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

The last movie that made me really think, was Battle for Haditha.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)