Let's have a 500.000 accolade.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (53 posts)
  1. sallybea profile image94
    sallybeaposted 6 years ago

I think we need a 500,000 views accolade!  I think the time between the 100,000 views accolade and a million views are spread much too far apart.  It seems so much more achievable and makes each author's achievement here a lot more visible.

1. kenneth avery profile image78
      kenneth averyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

@sallybea -- I agree with this 110% smile

sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the support Kenneth

2. That Grrl profile image73
      That Grrlposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I don't see anything wrong with it. I remember how extra hard I worked to cross the 100,000. I think balloons should drop down when anyone hits the 1M mark. Beyond that someone should hand deliver flowers or a cake.

Now there is an idea, cake and flowers please:)

2. purl3agony profile image94
    purl3agonyposted 6 years ago

Yea!  I agree completely.   Great idea!

Hi Donna, great to see you and glad you agree with me.

3. makingamark profile image71
    makingamarkposted 6 years ago

Jolly good idea!

I take it you have a personal interest in this one? smile

Of course, I should hit half a million in about 2 months.  Besides, I think it will look good on my CV - a whole lot better than the 100,000 accolade I currently have.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image61
        TessSchlesingerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Totally, I agree. smile Also not far from a million, but it states over 100,000... Meh.

Exactly!

4. Butterfly67 profile image88
    Butterfly67posted 6 years ago

I agree, I'm just over that but I'm sure it will be a long wait until 1m!

Good, I am glad you agree and to everyone else keep them coming, the only way to effect change is to help change things.

5. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 6 years ago

I think everyone deserves more accolades; there should be one for 5000, 50000, 500,000 and then 5 M. I am going to hit my 10M accolade next week and then will probably not get another one for 30 years. Even if HP is still around, I doubt I will be. What about a 25M? If not, how about a 50M?

I agree, not only does it look good for us but it looks good for Hubpages.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
        DrMark1961posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately when I suggested this a few years ago this was HP´s response:
        https://hubpages.com/community/forum/13 … r-progress

I am of the faith that things change, people move on and maybe even new brooms sweep clean.  I guess we can always live in hope:)

2. eugbug profile image96
          eugbugposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, a logarithmic accolade scale! I wonder has anyone reached the 100,000,000 limit yet?

I have not found one yet but I will be sure to send you an email when I hit this number in 30 years or so.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Wow...I didn't realize you had that many views.  Fantastic!  Also, the spread from one million to ten million is a big one.  I'll hit 2 million in a few months, but nobody will know about it unless I post.

No, I don't I made an error with the dot, where there should have been a comma.  I would have edited the title it I could but that seems to be set in stone unless I contact staff.  I only have close to 500,000, you are doing way better than me:)  You have done an amazing job and I think it sad that people cannot see your success unless you post it which was why I asked for changes.

2. DrMark1961 profile image95

Thanks I just hit that 10M accolade today. The next accolade should come along in about 30 years or so.
        Think HP will still be around?

Impressive, reckon staff should be sending you a cake or a bunch of flowers tomorrow.  Can't wait to see your photo on the next Hubpages Blog:)  That is an amazing achievement!  I definitely hope HP will still be around.

Thanks. I had to laugh when I pictured what a cake from the US would look like by the time it arrived here. I live in the middle of the rain forest so it would probably be covered by bugs. (We have more species of bugs around here than anything else.)
            After that announcement from Paul, I would expect HP to be a division of Time/Warner/DC Comics by then! (Or maybe we will have a little note on the bottom of each hub: "This article brought to you by Hubpages, a Rupert/Gates Corporation.")

Thanks for making me laugh too:)  Love the idea of the bugs and the rainforest.  Bugs have been a very big part of my life, that is ever since I bought a macro lens.  The bug world is a delight.  Sorry about the cake, hope it does not arrive too soggy:)

6. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I agree that HubPages should offer a 500,000 views accolade. I feel like I was waiting forever, until I finally got the one million view accolade.

Thanks for your support Glenn.  If a publisher was wanting someone from HubPages to write an article for them, who would they choose, one with 100,000 or one with a million views?  I know who I would choose.

7. Jeremy Gill profile image92
    Jeremy Gillposted 6 years ago

If memory serves, all accolades based on views are factors of 10: one thousand, ten thousand, one million, and so on.

If a 500,000 accolade were implemented, should other "5" numbers also be added (five thousand, five million, and so on) to maintain consistency?

I can't see any reason why not?

1. Jeremy Gill profile image92
        Jeremy Gillposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree it's a good idea--unless the implementation cost any significant sum. Not many readers check profiles, but it definitely would present a more steady sense of progression.

I agree but I do think that writers here check profiles and probably people wanting to hire writers but perhaps not the public at large.

8. Nancy Owens profile image81
    Nancy Owensposted 6 years ago

Me, too! It would help everyone feel better about his or her achievements.

I agree.

9. JynBranton profile image71
    JynBrantonposted 6 years ago

Sounds good to me too

It seems such a little thing to ask for in the grand scheme of things and a little encouragement goes a long way especially at a time like this.

10. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 6 years ago

It would be nice I guess although a 5 million accolade might work better considering the difference between 1M and 10M is a lot higher than 100K and 1M.

11. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Nah, I say keep'em guessing. big_smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Update.

Unbelievable! My eyes really are shot. I read the forum title as 5 million, not 500,000. Oh, well.

Woops, I never even noticed.

12. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I know they changed the traffic or views accolades at some point, but I don't know when. I clearly recall six or seven years ago talking to Susana S., who had been waiting for days for her 2 millionth view accolade to show up on her page.

There isn't a two million accolade now, now you go from one million, and don't get another until you get all the way to ten. I guess they want us to shoot for the bright stars in the sky.

I put a dot in that figure without noticing it!!!   I was thinking much more about a target of 500,000 which to some might not seem much:)

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I agree it would be very encouraging to get more incremental accolades, especially for the views. Nothing matters so much as how much traffic one is getting, not in this business. I passed the two million mark last year, and wish I had a two million views accolade to be proud of sad

(I bet I've deleted more than 500K worth of views by deleting things for frustration. I had thought at one low point moving a huge lot of stuff to a niche blog would help  balance out or improve my income...it did not)

13. Natalie Frank profile image92
    Natalie Frankposted 6 years ago

For those of us whose views don't grow that quickly a 250,000 view mark would also be nice.

That would be nice, it sure is a long way from 100,000 and deserves to be recognized.

14. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 6 years ago

I'd like more frequent accolades for views, too. It can take years to go from one accolade to another, which isn't very motivating. In addition, the gaps between the accolades are so big that the one on our profile may be misleading for anyone who is interested in it.

I agree.

15. agvulpes profile image85
    agvulpesposted 6 years ago

You have my vote !  it sure is a long way to 1 million.  It was a lot easier before Panda hit us smile

16. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I agree; a 500,000 accolade would be great!

Appreciate the support for the idea thanks, Stacie L

17. profile image0
    Jean Harrisposted 6 years ago

Whoa, but I just joined and posted my first couple of articles, slow down and wait up Sally!

Just kidding. I'm not one for needing a trophy case but if people already have all of the accolades by all means, more!

Patience, you will get your rewards.  Welcome to HubPages.

18. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 6 years ago

The accolade would be nice, sallybea. I'm sure that with HP's current priorities, accolades are off the radar right now. I would have loved a notification when I reached the 500,000 mark. I was so looking forward to celebrating the milestone. But I wasn't paying attention and I missed it!

It would be nice and I am sure staff is busy but it was worth a try.
      Sorry, you missed the milestone.  That would not have happened had you got a notification in your email:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)