Trump gets a mental exam

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (31 posts)
  1. wilderness profile image96
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

At his own request, Trump received a "cognitive functions" exam.  His physician indicates he had no reason to do one and had not intended to do one, but at Trump's request he performed one of the more complex and time consuming cognitive tests.

Trump passed with flying colors; Dr. Jackson indicates that he did "exceedingly well" and he has no reasons to question his mental ability.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/01/16/physi … xam-video/

The next question is whether those results will be accepted by either the population OR the quack "doctors" that have been saying he exhibits extreme symptoms of dementia or other illness without ever having performed an exam.  Or will it be declared a fraud, an incompetent doctor or other excuse to perpetuate the rumors?

Bets, anyone?  My money is on it not being accepted any more than Obama's birth certificate was.

1. jackclee lm profile image82
      jackclee lmposted 6 years agoin reply to this

By some of the posts in this forum, I am optimistic. Ther are some sane persons left on the left. Even if you disagree with all his policies, you don’t need to believe he is mentally unstable.
      Just as I disagree with most of Obama’s policies and I never thought he was mentally unstable. He is just an ideology that believes what he is doing...

Here is the bigger point, the difference between me and the left. If Obama had succeeded in what he did, and it brought the economy back, brought back more jobs, fixed our infrastructure with the 1 trillion dollars spent, and made our people’s lives better with Obamacare...then, I would have said, perhaps I was wrong. He geot results so I would vote for him to continue in this path of prosperity.

The left will never admit they are wrong or change course.

2. profile image50
    Claudia Philipsposted 6 years ago

I think Shakepere sai it all I think thou doeth protest too much...please read MLK speeches..Please download or read if neccessay..Malom X or Billy Grahm they have powerful messages WE ALL Need to Hear..and btw..im a Republican socialworker an oxymoron ar best..lol

3. profile image50

Btw..I am new and first time poster..

4. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 6 years ago

I’m less likely to believe it since he very conveniently happens to have the exact height and weight measurements to keep him 0.1 below the “obese” category. Kinda tells me they’re not afraid of fudging numbers... unless of course you believe that’s a perfect coinkydink!

Ultimately though I don’t really care, he’s either an unstable wanker or a stable one... either way he’s still a wanker.

wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

One vote for not accepting the results of the man that has been the white house physician through several presidents.

Do you have a reason for your belief?  Was the doctor paid for a false result?  Has he lost his own mental abilities?  Is he incompetent?  Is he just corrupt?

1. Aime F profile image70
        Aime Fposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Saying that I believe it’s possible they’ve tweaked some results doesn’t mean I don’t accept them in general. Maybe it was just that one part they tweaked, maybe he really does just so happen to be the exact height and weight statistics he’d need to be to stay out of the obese category... who knows. I don’t know what the motivation would be (maybe Trump has a computer simulation where he keeps DNA replicas of his colleagues who have wronged him on a spaceship, torturing them...) and I’m not saying I believe that everything is false or that there’s anything weird going on with the doctor. I’m saying that, as is the case with pretty much everything this administration does, there’s one thing that sticks out as being a little questionable which makes me wonder to what extent the questionable things exist.

1. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I just watched the movie, "The Post." The Pentagon Papers is a good reminder of how much can be hidden from the public. I accept the results because, like I said, they're all we have. It doesn't change my perception of the president's fitness for office. Mental unfitness comes in many forms.

My adult autistic son has an IQ of 132 and would pass a cognitive skills test. He's still not mentally fit to be president.

No, can't count your vote.  "The test was true but the conclusion of mental fitness was not because they didn't test for the right thing" doesn't fit either possibility.  I should have thought of that as an excuse to continue claims of mental illness.

1. profile image0

That's fair.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Is he worried about keeping his job?  Not like that's a problem in this admin...     tongue

Or perhaps he's afraid of getting called "Jerky Jackson" if he doesn't tow the line. Nah, Donnie would never be so adolescent. Or would he? You make the call. smile

You didn't vote - does the exam show he's mentally fit to be president, or is he deranged?

1. profile image0

The test wasn't even a diagnostic test. It was a cognitive skills test, so you cannot accurately say it eliminates any question of mental fitness. My highly intelligent autistic son is a perfect example of someone who would pass a cognitive skills test but still be unfit.

Dementia, in the case of Trump, is a more recent question anyway, since he started sdlurring his words in speeches and just getting up and wandering away during meetings. The question of his mental and emotional fitness has been around since before he was elected.

So, you shouldn't be surprised that people have a hard time accepting a 10-mnute cognitive skills test as evidence of mental fitness, since it isn't  a comprehensive mental examination, like my son has had done many, many times, that would assess many factors.

I don't question the doctor's  veracity. He did say he and Trump discussed between them the various tests that could be done and settled on this one.

Yes, they settled on the more complex and extensive one - not a 10 minute question and answer session.  If you listened to the link, you would have heard the reason for his slurring as well.

But yes, I suppose he could be a psychopath, have bi-polar, Schizophrenia, paranoia, or some of the various psychosis's.  Maybe he has PTSD, OCD or BPD (although I don't see him as having a poor self-image smile).  We'll have to set the dementia aside and claim something else - paranoia would be a good bet with 99% of the media and the Hill going after him with every word he says.  Although finding out he WAS wire-tapped after claiming he was kind of hurts that one.

If we run another test every week or so for the next 8 years we should be able to find some reason to get him out of the office!

(Kind of reminds you of the photoshopped birth certificate, doesn't it?)

1. profile image0

I don't blame you for believing they are the same. Some of us think his behavior is normal and acceptable for a president; some don't.

Oh, all those illnesses are most definitely not the same!  But I have yet to hear anyone claiming PTSD or bi-polar.  Just dementia, and now there is no reason to suspect that.  Another will be found, don't you think?  Just as you say, he was not tested for all possible mental illnesses - surely there is one in there somewhere that can be used to say he's unfit?  A personality disorder, maybe?

PP, when we look back at some of the characters that have inhabited the White House, President Trump is pretty calm.  And if we look at the population in general he's definitely calm and self contained compared to a great many. 

Expecting a high elected official to closely match what we think (s)he should be like and how (s)he should comport himself, seems futile.  Those people are NOT "normal" by our standards, although most of them can and do wear a mask very effectively.  They don't have the same goals, they don't have the same ethical or moral standards; they don't even live in the same "world" the rest of us do. 

In the case of Trump, his mask is full of holes.  He doesn't seem to care if he's PC or not, he doesn't hide his anger, disgust or disdain away where no one can see it.  And I'm not sure that is a bad thing - would we rather see that or see a president that presents a suave, kindly, aristocratic and lying appearance...and then readies the knife when the door closes behind them?

1. Aime F profile image70

I’ve been saying he shows signs of Narcissistic Personality Disorder forever and never claimed dementia, so ha! My theory is still in the running. wink

2. Aime F profile image70

Not showing signs of dementia is the only criteria for being fit to be president, is it? That’s setting the bar pretty low.

5. profile image50

Perfect!

6. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

I accept the results, as they are the only results we have. To quote my husband, "That just means he's crazy and can't blame his behavior on dementia."

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I like it.

7. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 6 years ago

LOL. This will continue, as long as the birther complaints went on. Expect it to last as long as the presidency, and beyond.

Willful ignorance keeps dreams of happy dances alive.

That's MY side of the bet!  I need someone on the other side, so I can earn something.

What excuses do you think we'll hear?  Was the doctor (long time white house physician) compromised and paid off?  Was he incompetent?  Corrupt?

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I suppose claims will be made that the doctor's judgment was compromised by threats. But, I think those inclined to hate Trump at every turn will simply ignore the results and continue claiming whatever makes them feel good about their chosen opinion.

Like the birthers, they aren't interested in reason.

So was his request a good idea?  It won't convince the haters of anything, and provides yet one more scapegoat they can attack (Dr. Jackson), but might solidify the opinions of supporters and fence sitters as yet another wild claim is show completely false.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
            Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I think your exchange with PP proves the point.

And, I agree. Listening to the dogmatic and firmly entrenched refusal to consider any evidence, fence sitters will be less inclined to look at the arguments against everything he does as truthful and unbiased.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)