Can A Woman Be Attracted To A Man With Baldness?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (20 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image81
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

Can A Woman Be Attracted To A Man With Baldness?

What Causes Baldness and How Can It Be Checked?  Is Baldness Hereditary?

2. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Although any number of things can cause baldness, the common kind of baldness that sets in for many middle-aged (and younger) men is "male pattern baldness"; and it is hereditary.

Can women be attracted to a man with baldness?  Two words:  Patrick Stewart     In other words, yes.  Actor, Patrick Stewart, known for both his bald head AND appeal is one example of a bald guy many, many, women find very attractive.

3. Shil1978 profile image87
    Shil1978posted 14 years ago

Do women find bald men attactive? A brief look into this question! read more

4. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 14 years ago

Yes it's usually hereditary and of course many woman find it attractive!

5. Lee Boolean profile image60
    Lee Booleanposted 14 years ago

Of course it matters, if its important to a woman to have a man with hair the fact that he does not will bother her for ever. Some men prefer blonds, some like them fuller and some like them thinner and some just don't are as long as they are loved.... so in essence, even if you catch a guy with a beautiful mane, there is a chance he'll lose it someday, just like there is a chance that "those" pants will someday make your thin lady look fat.. at the end of the day, once you love someone, it should take more than a physical feature to make you drop them like a hot patato, unless of course they sprout horns... oops!

6. annb106 profile image60
    annb106posted 14 years ago

Sure, she can be attracted to baldness or anything else.
    Barbara

7. LetusPonder profile image76
    LetusPonderposted 14 years ago

I'm bald (or balding) and I've never had a problem with finding attractive women interested in me.

However, there are some women who simply are not attracted to bald men, or men who have male pattern baldness.  For those, I'd say it's not all that likely a woman will be attracted, I mean really, REALLY attracted - like fulfilling a lifelong fantasy attracted.

For these women, find a guy with hair and who isn't showing signs of male pattern baldness.  That, I believe, is your real question isn't it?

How can you determine if a younger guy will eventually become bald?  I'd explore different nationalities and go with the odds.  Some hardly ever have male pattern baldness.

8. profile image56
    Chicka-Dposted 14 years ago

DEFINITELY!!
    It took me six months to figure out my man was showing signs of the pattern baldness.  His hair just didn't matter to me.  He'll probably be completely bald by 35, but I'm cool with that, because he'll still have the same big heart, and the same great sense of humor that never fails to make me smile.
    I think it's pathetic that hair could ever be considered the reason for "excluding" a man.

9. padmendra profile image50
    padmendraposted 13 years ago

Baldness does not  give any significant reason for being hated by women. Most of the women may like  or dislike the baldness but the main reason for a woman should be that her man  should be loyal to relationship and committed.

10. mosaicman profile image59
    mosaicmanposted 13 years ago

Yes, women go crazy over Sean Connery. If you have the right shaped head, then shave it all off. That was the trend in the 90's and early 2000's.

11. Crisramas profile image57
    Crisramasposted 13 years ago

Yes, have you seen Yul Bryner the  famous bald actor of the 60s, by looking at his bald head most girls were attracted.

12. Storytellersrus profile image67
    Storytellersrusposted 13 years ago

Definitely!  Baldness is a sign of intelligence!  I think it is very sexy.

13. MayG profile image79
    MayGposted 13 years ago

Of course she can.  Not sure if you are a fan of Sex and the City, but Charlotte and Harry taught many a woman a lesson about not writing off a man based on their lack of hair.  Good men are hard to find, and good women are not that shallow.   I think it is more the transition stage that is less attractive, you know when men try to hang on to what they've got left?  Much better to concede defeat and shave it off!  To answer the second part of your question, yes, it is largely hereditary and I believe it usually follows on the maternal side.  For example, if your mother's father was bald, you are more likely to inherit it, than if your father's father was bald. There's a lot of shampoos like Rogaine or hair transplants to explore, but I don't know if they really do much.

14. profile image0
    Jasmine JellyBabyposted 13 years ago

I find bald men very attractive. It's a sign of maturity, power and status. You notice that most powerful men are either bald or have little hair. Baldness is mainly hereditary and now with latest technolgy, you can treat baldness but its not a disease. Most bald men look good and they are some bald men that need a makeover.

Take Prince Charles of England.. he's passed on his baldness to Prince William and most of the male members of that royal family are bald, but they look good in it.

15. Just lip service profile image59
    Just lip serviceposted 13 years ago

absolutely....as long as he carries himself with confidence...any man can be attractive...

16. Jaynie2000 profile image83
    Jaynie2000posted 13 years ago

Yes, yes yes!

I have heard that baldness is hereditary. Not sure if it is true, but I've heard that it skips a generation.

At any rate, bald can be extremely sexy. Think about Michael Jordan, Vin Diesel, Andre Agassi, and Chris Daughtry. All extremely hot and all bald.

Remember when Agassi had that ridiculously long hair in the 90s? Gross. He's so much better now!

17. LeopardMan profile image59
    LeopardManposted 13 years ago

I'm bold.
    Have been for the last few years.
    Okay: I do use a razor blade to cut it off, but that's just because it's too thin and "fluffy" up there.

And trust me: my shiny top has never been an issue in my love life.

Not a second.

18. profile image53
    SonalCenaposted 13 years ago

It depends on the woman. Maybe some like it, and some not, there are variations in this issues smile
    Not all men like skinny girls or all of them like curvy girls it depends

19. profile image49
    j50wellsposted 10 years ago

This is easily answerable. First of all you have to throw sexual myths out of the door. Second, you have to stop worrying about your fear of worrying about young, white males being pissed off at you and wanting to beat you up. Thirdly, you have to throw the poison of the media out of your thoughts.

Men and women are similar in so many ways, but they are so different in other ways. A 70 year old woman telling me jokes and being very charming would curl my balls into the back of my underwear. But an older man doing the same thing to a younger woman can inspire lust, passion, and desire. For sure it is not the same lust as she might get by looking at a hard body man with a great body, but women are not exactly like men.

She might feel so comfortable around the older man that she can't help herself. If he is charming like a poet and takes her on a wonderful journey of stories, words, poetic musings, and humor, she might feel so comfortable around him that she feels totally at ease lying in a bed and.......

We don't talk about these things because the poisonous media gets mad. Also, the hot  young studs who don't he laid get angry. In addition to that, our eyes don't like the meshing of beautiful, young, virgin skin meshed with an old wrinkly guy. But to a woman it is a whole different ball park.

I can't tell you all the women that have honestly told me that they have been with a 65 year old  plus man. My advice.....get over it. It's a fact of life. You don't like the image in your mind? Too bad. What are you gonna do? Legislate age laws on sex when a woman is over 21 and can think for herself? Ridiculous.

What you have to remember is that there are a few select women that can see through the plastic muscle man, and the rich CEO. They want something deeper. Someone who understands them completely. The sad tale is that it takes many years of bedding women to become the man that understands them completely. When a woman meets an older man like that, she understands him completely.

Don't cry about it. It is what it is. Sorry, I didn't create biology. Also, take a look a Neil Strauss (kudos Neil). He's a bald buy and is considered one of the most seductive men on the planet. If you saw his picture you'd think. "Huh? He looks like one of those weird guys that always tried to talk to me in college." But if you saw a picture of his girlfriend you'd faint. She is one of the hottest women on the planet.

20. profile image52
    kellyksposted 6 years ago

I find bald men very attractive and can give you a number of examples. Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Billy Zane, Vin diesel, Corey Stoll, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson are some of the well-known bald hotties.  Baldness can be due to a various reasons. Stress, hereditary and skin related issues, change in hormones are few of the major reasons of baldness. And yes there are some girls for whom baldness is a turn off. But if you are not confident about it you must see a doctor. Medication is available in the market and lot of therapeutic oils as well. But you must get a scalp checkup done so gauge the reason of your baldness. Also a girl must love you for who you are and not for the number of strands you have on your head.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)