When you've been wronged, do you get mad, get even or let it go?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. LowellWriter profile image77
    LowellWriterposted 14 years ago

When you've been wronged, do you get mad, get even or let it go?

2. natura profile image60
    naturaposted 14 years ago

I know you've just added this question but I was just about to go when I saw this post and thought I'll answer it. smile

Ahhh, this is a great question and one that every single person lives several times and sometimes on daily, weekly basis.

They call it personality. Your personality determines your actions. It also depends on life experiences, the state of your mood, the health, the wheather and several more factors.

But the biggest overall factor that would influence you would be your personality and your character strength.

You need to vent it off, that is what I do. I would take a deep breath, hold on to it for several seconds to get my positive energy up and then think deeply, so quickly of the situation.

In most things in life you would want to let it go if it's not life threatening. If it's an argument with someone you know then you would definitely be wise to let it go. There is a lesson involved in every corner of our lifes and these occassions are one of those lessons. It is a test of your personality and the strength of your character.

Lifes not worth it trying to get mad or even. It takes a big personality to let it go in addition with forgiving and understanding.

Cheers!

3. TexasChickiMama profile image60
    TexasChickiMamaposted 14 years ago

let it go I am older and wiser and all that baggage gets really heavy...and beside if I teach it or Preach it I try to do it!

4. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I'll be angry about it, but I always ask if the person intended to "wrong" me, or if it was just something s/he did out of not knowing any better.

Most of the time, people aren't "evil".  They just mess up.  When it comes to family members, I think life is short and family is too important not to find a way to get past something.  Sometimes it isn't even possible to forgive something, in which case we sometimes need to get "around" it, rather than "past" it.  For me, it isn't a matter of "letting it go", as much as it's a matter of not letting it remain a giant obstacle (and there's a subtle difference).

Then again, if someone is guilty of something like domestic violence or some other serious and awful thing; I'm a big fan of writing them off and keeping them out of your life.

If someone knew what they were doing and knew it would harm me or someone I love, I'd aim to get even through some legal means.  I like to think I have too much self-respect and dignity to go the tire-slashing route; but I'm not above trying to sue someone big or do something like destroy their career, lifestyle, and reputation.  In other words, I let the smaller and unintended stuff go; but if it's big and they knew exactly what they were doing when they did it - I'll seek revenge until my dying day (without, of course, letting it ruin my own mood).

5. mussi profile image59
    mussiposted 14 years ago

Indeed this is a great question. I was just going through the same situation and when else could have been the best time to see this question.

I think I could have let it go. But, I couldn't. Despite of the fact that I was intimidated only by my better half. It was mostly on the past events and there were complaints on some thing that I had not handled properly. I think it was my mistake too. But, I could only do that much at that time.

I feel that it purely depends on the situation and how much one is being hurt emotionally. It is always easy to say that the situation should be handled in a more mature way, unless it actually happens to self. In most of the situations, time is the best healer. Also, it depends on both the parties involved and how willing is one eager to listen to the other.

6. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I just let it go.  If I get angry, I'm handing over power to the person that wronged me.  If I let it go, I'm in control of my feelings/emotions and it will not have a negative impact on the rest of my day. In some cases, the person comes back to apologise anyway.

7. stendek profile image58
    stendekposted 14 years ago

Let it go. Anger and hate hurt only you in long run not the one those emotions are directed at. Peace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)