Do gay couples have more sex than heterosexual couples?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. izettl profile image90
    izettlposted 14 years ago

Do gay couples have more sex than heterosexual couples?

2. abbarnes007 profile image58
    abbarnes007posted 14 years ago

Good question. I was in a seriously committed relationship with a woman for five years. Before that, I was in several committed relationships with men and women. Personally, I found myself in an upside-down triangle. It seemed to be consistent in my relationships with men and women.

My definition:

I meet a person. We have meaningful conversations into the wee hours of morning. We continue to spend time together, sometimes in increments of several hours, then it leads to a spicy romance. Things continue to get hot and heavy through the dating stage and through the beginning of a new relationship (0-3 months). As time goes on and the relationship becomes deeper, the sexual encounters seem to slowly dissipate. Until we are at the end of the relationship (2-5 years) and the sexual desire has completely left the building.

My answer to your question:

I do not believe that gay couples have sex more than heterosexual couples. I have obviously experienced relationships in both areas and have found that I have similar patterns in either one.

3. profile image0
    kaceybabeposted 14 years ago

i dont believe so. im gay ... but in the past (in the straight days if ya like) i have slept with men. i was inclined to do it less as they just didnt do it for me. they say a relationship starts in the honeymoon period and once that fades sometimes the sex does too ... no matter what the gender, everyone has a dif sex drive i guess smile x

4. xiao_kang profile image60
    xiao_kangposted 14 years ago

That's a hard question to answer without conducting some serious polls and surveys. Personally, I think we do.
    I'm not sure how you define sex. There's penetration sex and then there's just playing around until both climax. For the sake of this post I'm going to include the later in the definition of SEX.
    I'm a gay guy. When I'm not in a relationship i will seek out a sexual partner about twice a month, sometimes more, or if I have an FB (a F*** buddy for regular encounters) we'd get freaky about once a week or more. A rough estimate of how many times i have sexual encounters in a year I would say about 50 (when I'm single) Just penetration sex would be less than half that.
    When I'm in a relationship it's 3 to 5 times a week (penetration sex about twice a week)
    I don't know how often hetero's do the nasty but I know some that do it just as much and others that have to clear out the cob-webs from their shorts when they finally do get a piece.
    Who knows, right?

5. PrincessAllaena profile image60
    PrincessAllaenaposted 14 years ago

Im going to say unequivocally YES!!!  At least in my experience I do...but then again this all depends on how sexual the individuals are.

6. profile image0
    Words by Mikeposted 13 years ago

I feel like this question is based of a stereotype. I have lived as both a straight married man and Gay man/ I believe that this issue of amount falls to the individual and what is right for them. Because someone is Gay does not mean they are more sexual. I know plenty of Gay and lesbian that complain of having no sexual drive.

7. Kharisma1980 profile image76
    Kharisma1980posted 13 years ago

Personally, I believe that each relationship is different. There is some research suggesting that on average, gay men in relationships have slightly more sex than the average straight couple (which is about three times a week for the first two years). Lesbian women might tend to have slightly less than most straight couples.

Some researchers suggest that this difference is biological - men tend to have higher libidos than do women. I wonder if it's more a social thing. Though there is improvement, many segments of society still think it's more "appropriate" for a woman to have less sex, initiate less, and be less horny than a man. Speaking as a gay man and feminist, I think this is wrong and unfortunate.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)