normal amount of clicks?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (34 posts)
  1. warchild75 profile image63
    warchild75posted 14 years ago

I have <snipped -AdSense policy violation> impressions give or take and <snipped>clicks which gives a click through rate of about <snipped>% which i think is probably a little low.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

I haven't looked at all of your hubs, but if you want advertising clicks, you need to write content that advertisers would want to advertise on and attract traffic that is looking for those advertisers products.

Your seal hunt hub for example - who is going to click on an advert there? No matter how well written, it is not likely to attract visitors looking to click on ads, so I don't think you have an issue other than that.

1. megs78 profile image60
      megs78posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I have been debating whether or not to delete that hub.  I wrote that for a magazine and was just looking to get some comments on it, but it seems no one gives a damn about the seal hunt in canada:) 

thanks for your input Mark.  But with my other hubs, say, the Parenting Advice one.  Would that topic inspire people to click on ads or are they just reading for the info?  I don't think I've been doing this long enough to really understand how everything works but I really want to know. 

Thanks
      Megs

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would not delete it - to an extent your hubpages reputation is based on how many visitors you attract and whether they interact and leave comments etc.

But it will bring your average CTR down.

Have you connected your adsense and analytics accounts?

ummm, no.  How do you do that?  Where do I do that?  Why do I want to do that?  Sorry, really not computer savvy on this end.  But I do appreciate all your advice,

Thanks, Megs

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

You do have an analytics account?

How would I go about finding out if I do or not?

1. profile image0
                ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your Account > Affiliate Settings > Google Analytics

You can set it up directly from there I believe.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL

You do not then wink That is the first step:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#googleanalytics

Ok, I'm on it.  I have my analytics code, I entered it, now what?  I tried copying some code they gave me and then tried to paste it into a hub, but it didn't work.  What am I doing?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
                    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is no need for code. That is only for when you have your own website or blog.

2. profile image0

Next to where you entered your Analytics ID in hubpages, it should now say something like 'Check your analytics'....

From there you should just be able to log in.

It will only give you statistics from now on and not in retrospect, so it will only relate to statistics from now on.

Until you link to your adsense account it will only give you traffic analysis, I cant remember how to link you analytics to adsense.... maybe Mark can remember?

3. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I am 99% certain that talking about Click Through Rates (CTR) is a sure fire way to get you thrown off of adsense.

Therefore I fully recommend that you, and the first person to reply, deletes their text on this thread immediately.

Getting banned from adsense is not a good way to get more adsense clicks, put it that way.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

CTR ,Ryan what do you mean I have them and I definately have never clicked any ads, hang on I better check I got that right..
      but while Im here ..how many clicks to I need to get ANY revenue?

Ok last <snipped - AdSense policy violation>, ?

1. profile image0

The first two people on this thread are talking about their Click Through Rates (e.g. 100 impressions, 1 click = 1% CTR). I am pretty certain that we aren't supposed to talk about Click Through Rates.

We can talk about how much we have earnt, but not about Click Through Rate. I may be wrong, but I don't think that I am.

Ohhhh crap sorry

1. profile image0

LOL, don't worry eaglewiki... I don't mind explaining things.

2. warchild75 profile image63
          warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

didnt realise i was breaking rules..How do you delete your text then?

1. profile image0
            sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it's more like you are not supposed to talk about what ads are giving the most money on ctr.

Just saying I my ctr is 95% or something doesn't mean squat unless you know what your getting it from so I think your fine, don't worry about it.

1. warchild75 profile image63
              warchild75posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cool thanks.was starting to panic a bit there!!!

2. profile image0

I really don't go around making up stuff for the fun of it, by giving people a heads up I am doing them a favour... I could just let you all get your adsense banned?

If somebody says that they have read the entire list of adsense TOS, and you haven't, then maybe it is better to believe them rather than to doubt their integrity and assume that they are wrong?

Otherwise you are undermining somebody's genuine knowledge with a silly assumption/guess.

1. profile image0
                sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Suit yourself ryankett but I can't take you seriously when you don't even know how to connect adsense and analytics together because it only tells me 1 thing, you either don't use it enough to know, or you don't know what your talking about.

I didn't assume you made anything up, I do assume that your understanding is a little offbeat.

1. profile image0

You will know as well as I do that you only need to connect your analytics account to your adsense account once. Quite why I should remember how do to something after that long I do not know, I don't see you rushing to help her connect her analytics to her adsense? Maybe you should do that now since you are quite obviously the adsense mastermind, and maybe then you can get on your high horse?

I check my adsense account about 5 times per day, I check my analytics account once per day. I was also employed full time as an online magazines 'advertising revenue manager' for over a year. I also had an online business which took over $2000 a month in profit, all from affiliate networks and advertising networks.

But again, don't let your stupid little assumptions get in the way of the fact that you were wrong and I was right. Anything else that you wish to guess about me? How big is my cock? Whats my girlfriends name? What brand is my laptop? How many times have I checked my adsense today? Whats playing on my iTunes right now?

4. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Clicks don't always provide revenue.

5. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 14 years ago

well i will certainly take that advice.  I had no idea it was supposed to be private.  Why cant we talk about it?

1. profile image0

I'm not too sure why we can't talk about it, but I have read the Google Adsense TOS all of the way through, and if you haven't done so yourself then I would suggest that you just take my advice.

1. profile image0

I guess that it makes it too easy for people to work out the adsense payment structure, perhaps for exploitation... or maybe its just protecting their competitive interests against other ad networks.

But they don't give second chances very often if they feel you have done wrong..... as a few old hubbers will tell you at the mo!

2. megs78 profile image60

Well, aren't you bossy?!?  But I in fact did just take your advice, so thanks smile

1. profile image0

I prefer to describe myself as 'straight to the point', 'bossy' would suggest that something is my personal benefit. Telling you to protect your adsense account is not to my benefit in the slightest. Eaglewiki thinks that I am 'shitty', thats probably a little more accurate tongue

2. Eaglekiwi profile image74

Hey btw welcome to Hubpages Megs
          These guys are really helpful.
          Marks helped me heaps before,he wont steer you wrong ,which reminds me I gotta hub bookmarked of his that you might find helpful too Megs....forget the name ,but its got all this money on it lol, just click on Marks avatar...

And Ryan I dont think yer shitty lol I think you are refering to a comment a long time ago ,you got grumpy with me and I said yer being moody...anyway no grudges I hope smile

1. profile image0

Nope I don't hold any grudges with anybody, I am probably one of the most mood swing prone people I know, so being 'shitty' but remaining 'helpful' has been second nature to me for about 24 years big_smile. To the contrary, I think that your pretty awesome.... but if I am going to be blatently honest... I do often wonder about how many hubs you could have written in your 10 months if the forum didnt exist!

lol well signed on 10 mths ago,but didnt get serious til maybe March/April...BUT yer so dam right lol procrastination maybe

6. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Admin note: Disclosing impressions/clicks/clickthrough rates is against Google AdSense's policy, and may get you banned from AdSense.  I have gone through the thread and snipped all the stats.

Please, guys, don't quote posts that violate the forum rules, because I have to snip all the replies individually and it's a pain in my behind.

1. profile image51
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Could just be haemorroids smile

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)