Using Yahoo Answers

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Et al... profile image66
    Et al...posted 14 years ago

Is it ethically ok to go look for undecided questions in the Yahoo Answers forum that relate to my hubs, then answer the question and give them a link to my hub? Does anyone else do this?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I've done it once smile Just as long as it is related I don't see a problem with it.

3. profile image0
    Janettaposted 14 years ago

sounds like a good way to drive in traffic to me smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea Ive done it , does bring some traffic...go for it smile

4. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I've done it several times. You just have to be careful because if you post too many links at a time, they will give you an error to prevent more links. You just have to wait it out before you can post others.

You won't get large amounts of traffic, but yes you can get traffic from it.

5. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I browse Yahoo Answers every once in a while and post links when appropriate.  I usually include a "personalized" answer and then the link.  Many writing sites recommend doing that kind of thing (within reason).  I figure it may not drive tons of traffic all at once, but as long as its up (which is essentially forever) it may drive a little traffic here or there.

1. Whitney05 profile image83
      Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Definitely add a bit of a summary or brief answer and add the link with 'for more info see: url" kind of deal. that's what I usually try to do whenever I get a chance to post.

6. profile image0
    Louidam1posted 14 years ago

I have done this before and received some traffic to my website.  But because of spammers Yahoo now does not allow you to add your link unless you been with Yahoo answer for awhile now.

7. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I use it. I've some stuff there, somewhere.

Most times I just answer stuff and if I link, it's relevant to the Q. Not my links, stuff I know would help from the web in general.

I actually get a fair amount of traffic from yahoo. Not as much as google sends but close-ish.

8. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

That is a great technique for driving traffic.

Its not uncommon for a YA page to get top 3 in google, if your answer is chosen as best answer and has your link in it, you can see traffic indefinitely

There was a time when this was one of my main traffic sources to multiple web properties

9. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Never heard of this before so I went and checked it out.  Seems like a bunch of teeny boppers asking questions about what a boy wants or what a girl wants. Guess I need to dig deeper into the questions big_smile

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep...reading the common questions gives you a very low impression of the intelligence of humanity.

fun fact: lots of those questions are written by internet marketers just so they can come back later and insert their aff links.

Just like many of the forum posts here

but if you use the search fucnction --> advanced---> show omly open questions, you can find whatever you like

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the input!

10. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

I've used it several times and yes, it does drive traffic IF you can get voted as best answer.

Be careful though - Helium has been banned from Yahoo Answers more than once, because too many Helium users were posting links. I think HubPages was banned for a while, too.  So be very cautious and only answer a few at a time, and make sure your links are highly relevant.

11. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

In Yahoo Answers just remember after you answer ,add your url (hub) to the box that says..'Resources' because the first time I did it in the wrong place and was not banned but flicked off the site ..lol...so the next time I checked and sure enough Id put the URL in the wrong place...smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can put a link in the main text, it's not illegal.  If the link is a direct answer to the question, I put it in the text box - but often, I'm answering a belly dance question and I add my website URL in my signature instead.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh ok , well didnt work for me, my answer just didnt show up, so I put in the part that said..Resource

12. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I've been doing this for quite some time, and not just for my hubs. Minimal traffic and I believe the links are NoFollow.

Yes, I use it mainly for my dance websites.  I'm not so worried if they are no-follow (although that's news to me), but belly dance is such a special interest, I get real people clicking on the link.

13. MontyApollo profile image60
    MontyApolloposted 14 years ago

They are technically no-follow, but Google Webmaster Tools does list *some* of them as incoming links, so they might be little better than general no-follow links.

The other good possibility is that the question & answer does sometimes rank very high in search engines for a particular search term, so there are possibilities for good traffic that way if you are chosen best answer. This tends to be luck of the draw though.

I occasionally get traffic from a question and answer that was translated into French for the French version of Yahoo.

Yes, I've noticed this - that's why I don't bother answering unless I can give a very thorough answer and stand a chance of being voted best.

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, if you ever decide to write a hub on how to bake bread, I can tell you that I get WAYYYY more traffic from Chowhound than Yahoo Answers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)