Why do people cheat when they're in a dedicated relationship?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. Loving_Life profile image60
    Loving_Lifeposted 13 years ago

Why do people cheat when they're in a dedicated relationship?

Why do men or/and women cheat in a relationship?
    Whats the point of cheating?

And they lie about it if asked?  Don't they feel guilty about cheating?
    If you want to cheat then why not break up with the person you're with first and then go be with someone else!

2. profile image58
    Ace-1posted 13 years ago

i think it's becuase maybe they've never had a true relationship before and all the love may be overwhelming and too much for them that they think they don't deserve and do stupid things. or they just plain and utter stupid and just enjoy breaking peoples hearts x

3. hair2nv profile image60
    hair2nvposted 13 years ago

dedication means different things to different people. so really its not about the dedicationit's about what a person really wamnts. I do agree that you should break up with one person then move on but it is not always that simple.  The lying was explained to me that it is used to save the other person feelings.  i think that it is the cowards way out.  speaking from experience yes you do feel guilty.

4. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 13 years ago

The people who keep romantic ties to others while they're in a romantic relationship, or cheat on their partner each would have their own reason to try to 'justify' it, and level of guilt (if any) however most often the only reason why someone will cheat is because they believe they can get away with it.

5. god and humanity profile image60
    god and humanityposted 13 years ago

Hi dear,
    There can not be any dedication in this earthly world. What matters is trust and compatibility. You can not only blame your man/woman. There is always a chance for provocation and attraction from the other side. Your man/woman got into the celestial trap. If we want our man/woman not to get trapped in compelling circumstances, then we need to have lots of mutual trust and compatibility. Please go through my hubpages on "god and humanity", you will get relief.
    please get back to me, if you are not satisfied. I will tell you more.
    regards.
    god and humanity

1. Jaime05 profile image60
      Jaime05posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've been ripped off, thankfully my friend gave me  a reliable contact, he  works with discretion and delivers, he does all sort of  hacks. I would prefer to let his service speak for itself, you can contact him Cybernnectic at  gmail dot com.

6. dashingscorpio profile image82
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

Asking “why” someone cheated is pretty much a rhetorical question.
    Generally speaking no answer they give us is going to cause us to say, “Oh, I completely understand.” We pretty much don’t give a damn about the “reason” or “excuse”.
    Like you I have often wondered “why” didn’t they just end the relationship?
    Here are some of the reasons often sited.

(Most people are willing to stay in a relationship that is “Not All Bad”.)
    For example the mate/spouse takes care of all of the major things one could want however they are boring sexually or their sex drive is lacking.
    (I have a friend that married a virgin and she never developed an interest in giving him oral sex. They have been together for over 20 years and he has cheated off and on for much of that time.) Other than the sexual issue they have a great time together, travel, and enjoy a good life.

Not many people are going to file for divorce and go through all of the drama it entails simply because there is of lack of sex, no oral sex, intimacy, romance, passion, or excitement. The whole notion of monogamy and "foresaking all others" is based around the belief that you Have Someone "Commited" to taking care of your physical needs and therefore you don't need to be out and about seeking it from someone else.

It is also difficult for the cheater to breakup/divorce someone his/her family and friends loves. The more ingrained the relationship is in the minds of their "community" of loved ones the more difficult it is to walk away.

The cheating person hopes to be able to (secretly fill that missing gap) while holding onto all that is good in their primary relationship.

It takes “courage” to quit a job without having another one lined up.
    Unfortunately this is also how a lot of people are when it comes to relationships.
    They aren’t willing to give up a “known” for an “uncertain future”.
    It’s very common for a person to have someone “in mind” or on the horizon to potentially date before ending a relationship.

The first lie in cheating is the one the cheater tells him/herself.
    It’s the lie of “justification” which gives them permission to move forward.
    No one who feels “justified” doing anything is going to feel “guilty”.
    This explains why most cheaters blame the person they cheated on for their actions.

In all honesty there are a variety of reasons and circumstances as to why one cheats.
    Sometimes it just comes down to being bored, an unusual opportunity to be with someone “out of their league”, an ex comes to town and stirs up old feelings, or as often is the case someone “stopped” doing the things that caused their mate to fall in love.
    Again if you are the person who was betrayed or hurt then there is (no answer) that will make it alright in your eyes so why bother asking “why”?

7. benashiraz profile image58
    benashirazposted 11 years ago

People cheat because they are not getting some specific thing that they're in need of in their relationship. So they try to sneak out and fulfill their desire from some place else. Some people don't get enough amount of love and care so they change their direction. Most people cheat because they get bored of the relationship cause of the shine that has faded out of the relationship so as we're aware that in the begining, a relationship feels great to be in, so the cheater start to feel such intense feelings with someone else they just met, so they end up cheating. Cheating doesn't mean you no longer love the person you're in relationship with, it means you don't know how to be loyal to someone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)