What is your favorite kind of food? Ex. Would you choose Chinese, Mexican, Amer

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (41 posts)
  1. oceansnsunsets profile image84
    oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years ago

What is your favorite kind of food?  Ex. Would you choose Chinese, Mexican, American, etc?

What portion of the world makes the kind of food that you tend to like the most?  You can even go regional on this one, like the Southern United States for instance.

2. Dave Harris profile image67
    Dave Harrisposted 13 years ago

Mexican definitely, fajitas, burritos, enchiladas , nachos and of course TEQUILA!

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years ago

Mexican every single time.  Chinese is a distant second.  Every meal I make. . . .almost every meal, is Mexican food.  Of course I have always lived in Texas, and ran around with lots of Mexicans.

4. lav007us profile image59
    lav007usposted 13 years ago

I like Indian tandoori, Thai green curry, Mexican starters and Chinese soups.

1. simallenjo profile image59
      simallenjoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same as you said smile

5. brnielsen44 profile image59
    brnielsen44posted 13 years ago

I really enjoy Brazilian, Korean, Mexican, and Chinese.

6. lindacee profile image85
    lindaceeposted 13 years ago

Tex-Mex and southern U.S. foods. They don't exist where I am right now, so it makes me crave them even more!

7. dsmiller profile image60
    dsmillerposted 13 years ago

It would be tough to choose between Chinese and Italian. My favourites would be a chicken stir fry and a pasta carbonara. Can't eat that too often though!

8. w3onset profile image60
    w3onsetposted 13 years ago

I like Egyptian food, but I hope if i taste the American food.

9. Ryan Clinton profile image61
    Ryan Clintonposted 13 years ago

I love Italian food for both health and pleasure reasons.  I  think tomatoes, garlic and sea food are health related basics and then I love the balance and variety of vegetables, soups, pasta and meat. Italian food is the best of all worlds, nutritious and delicious.

10. gachapoz profile image61
    gachapozposted 13 years ago

I would choose mexican, but probably only because i don't eat it often and therefore it's considered somewhat of a "delicacy". I live in an asian household so we eat asian food ALL THE TIME, but alongside that american style food is always there too.

I think after i get tired of mexican food i would most likely return to asian food. Definitely sushi, i love sushi.

11. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

Probably because it is what I grew up with, I prefer good old British style cooking... roast beef with Yorkshire pudding, fry ups, casseroles, etcetera.

My complete favourite meal is sweet corn casserole, with mash and peas, with stewed apple and ice cream for pudding.

However, I am also quite partial to chicken Parmigiana and ratatouille, with a nice lime soufflé for pudding.

Especially as they are my special occasion speciality.

12. html83 profile image60
    html83posted 13 years ago

Its got to be Italian. A good thin crust pizza, or a nice spicy chorizo pasta. Yum!

13. fiksy02 profile image61
    fiksy02posted 13 years ago

i would stick to my nigerian food anyday any time. I'm not big on vegetables so that rules out british or american food.

14. Tati Irodova profile image65
    Tati Irodovaposted 13 years ago

Any seafood would do - cooked/raw.. thats what i eat the most...however, I do like korean, italian & russian food a lot!!

15. justom profile image59
    justomposted 13 years ago

I kind of like some of everything but Indian food is my favorite!!

16. Artjoy profile image61
    Artjoyposted 13 years ago

Italian food is best choice for me.I love pastas, pizzas and italian wine.And fish.....mmmmmmmmm delicious!

17. FrankSB profile image60
    FrankSBposted 13 years ago

Definitely Italian! Chicken parm is my favorite

18. rotl profile image61
    rotlposted 13 years ago

Indian food, followed by Thai. I love spicy food with lots of flavors.

19. EinsFloW profile image65
    EinsFloWposted 13 years ago

I absolutely adore Chinese food. To be honest, I cannot get enough of it and when I visit a new city I always look out for Chinese restaurants to try them out. Especially Chicken Sweet&Sour is so so so tasty and you can do it by yourself at home very easy. :-)

20. zrottmann profile image40
    zrottmannposted 13 years ago

Vietnamese Pho! It is a rich and steaming combination of tasty chicken broth and delicious rice noodles! YUMMY!

21. LeeRichards370 profile image54
    LeeRichards370posted 13 years ago

Japanese FOOD! Plus I love anything that has to do with sea food!

22. Jason Hill profile image60
    Jason Hillposted 13 years ago

I don't think I've met I meal I didn't like! I guess it depends on my mood that day- today I'm loving Asian- just had viatnamese for lunch.Pho, yummy!

23. thismamaworksit profile image60
    thismamaworksitposted 13 years ago

I love Italian food. Rigatoni and sauce, chicken parm, chicken cacciatore, and yummy clam sauce are just a few of my favorites!

24. drdspervez profile image68
    drdspervezposted 13 years ago

I like Chinese, American and Asian food depending on my mood, one thing is for sure i don' like too much oily and spicy food. 

DR. DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

25. davidb95 profile image62
    davidb95posted 13 years ago

I am partial to mexican food  - taquerias are my favorite.

26. carlmikael profile image59
    carlmikaelposted 13 years ago

I would defintly go for Mexican, nothing a delcious taco or a plate full with nachos

27. dragonlady1967 profile image68
    dragonlady1967posted 13 years ago

Grandma's home cooking is the best....ah! comfort food....but Mexican burritoes have a special place in my heart as well.

28. DreadPirate profile image60
    DreadPirateposted 13 years ago

Yep! I love Mexican food too! I think around here it's called Tex-Mex, but I've always just called it Mexican food... Nachos are number 1! Tacos and enchiladas! mmmm! I can't be getting hungry at 2am or can I?! Last I remember, Taco Cabana was open all night.. I guess I can! HEHEHE! Happy eating everybody!

29. Spartan King profile image60
    Spartan Kingposted 13 years ago

I CHOOSE MEDITERANEAN COUSINE CAUSE THE BASE OF THE PLATES IS OLIVE OIL AND FRESH VEGETABLES AND FRESH FISH...GREEK COUSIN IS THE BEST...

30. profile image48
    Dinanath Thakurposted 13 years ago

Combat is very similar to that of the later Grand Theft Auto series. You aim, fire and hopefully kill your enemy. The game isn't based on stats or dice rolls, it's based on player skill.

Much to the delight of my inner villain, you can run people over with your vehicle. You can also crash your vehicle into shops to bust out the front window and loot the contents for a quick sale at a local pawn shop. As an Enforcer, you will be alerted (via an APB that flashes on your screen) about a crime in progress. It's your job to hunt down the criminal and either arrest or kill them, according to the quest objectives.

This is how missions work in APB, introducing a mechanic that plunges you into the action head-first. Once the objectives of the mission are met, you will receive special rewards, based on several factors, such as number of objectives completed and notoriety level of the enemies. Notoriety and threat are used in APB to measure how good you are at your job. As an Enforcer, you want to be the best at nabbing crooks and as a Criminal, you want people to know they can't mess around with Jim. There's also a witness mechanic in place to increase threat when one of more NPC citizens see you committing a crime. As a criminal, you can commit so many crimes that your threat stars are at five, causing a bounty to be placed on your head and your location to be visible to all Enforcer players. Once that bounty is collected, your threat will go back down to three stars. This threat level rises and falls throughout the game based on your actions and cooldown time.Rewards unlock new customization options, but since the game has no classes or levels, you won't find any type of level grind necessary. These rewards aren't based on time invested, either. You only win rewards when you win the objective and losing gets you nothing. That way, everyone has a fair chance in the game.

Ammunition is something that you'll need to keep a close eye on throughout battles. You can purchase boxes of ammo, grenades and other weapons even during a mission. Not all weapons are lethal, though. Enforcers have access to stun weapons to be used for arresting and subduing Criminals.

Arresting is an interesting mechanic that's only available to Enforcers. It's a way to use non-lethal force to immobilize players for 30 seconds. When you kill someone, they respawn 200 meters away in 6 seconds, so you can see how arrests would be a bit more frustrating for the arrested.

31. georgiecarlos profile image59
    georgiecarlosposted 13 years ago

Japanese! For some strange reason, everything the Japanese serve,  from sushi to tempura to kobe beef is just heavenly!

I also like Italian food, so easy to eat big_smile and flavorful

32. profile image0
    timonwellerposted 13 years ago

I go with mexican as well, i love the spices and chilli.

33. DellNixon profile image60
    DellNixonposted 13 years ago

Once I had been an Indian restaurant (forgotten the name) with one my Indian friends and she ordered Spicy Mutton Rice for me. Truly speaking, I enjoyed the meal very much and perhaps I can't forget the taste of that one.

34. HomeInsights profile image60
    HomeInsightsposted 13 years ago

I love african food, especially nigerian - it's delicious!
    Also like thai food... a lot!

35. profile image49
    dhclifeposted 13 years ago

i love chinese very much.I like jiaozi,baozi,chinese noodles.

36. renaissancepoet profile image61
    renaissancepoetposted 13 years ago

Italian! I could eat pasta and pizza all day and never grow tired of it. To me, Italian food is just so fresh and tasty. Most importantly, after I eat an Italian meal, I don't feel unhealthy or lousy.

37. PhoenixV profile image63
    PhoenixVposted 12 years ago

I like Italian food the best I guess. I love manicotti especially.

38. Debra McVay profile image60
    Debra McVayposted 12 years ago

If I'm cooking, it's definitely going t have to be Italian and Mexican.  If I'm going out, it would have to be Chinese.

39. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

Filipino food but I also love Italian and other European food.

40. bnayr profile image66
    bnayrposted 9 years ago

Good question. I think Chinese is my favourite, but love a good curry.smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)