Page Views and Page Impression

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (21 posts)
  1. Favorites profile image57
    Favoritesposted 16 years ago

Anybody please tell me what is the difference between page views and page impressions, because I dont get the same number of page views on my hubpages statistic page and page impressions on my google adsense report.

I hope to get a reply soon.

Thanks
    favorites

2. JazLive profile image59
    JazLiveposted 16 years ago

Good question, I was wondering the same thing.  Will check back for response smile

3. darkside profile image65
    darksideposted 16 years ago

Your Adsense publisher code doesn't get 100% of the page views at Hubpages.

As a Hub Author you get 60% of the page views.

4. jojo1000 profile image59
    jojo1000posted 16 years ago

They actually mean much of the same thing with a small difference.

Page Impressions are normally related to advertisements. For example: You place three banners on your webpage and one person sees this banner 3 times. Therefore, this banner gets 9 impressions.

Page Views are normally related to users and browsers. You may see you have larger page impressions than actual visits.

This is because one user may browse more than one page on your website. So one user is counted as one visit.
    His page views are cumulatively added to the raw total that you get to see smile

5. Favorites profile image57
    Favoritesposted 16 years ago

Ok my pageviews at hubpages is always a few hundred more than my pag impressions in adsense.

thanks you
    Favorites

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 16 years agoin reply to this

What's the ratio?

6. len7288 profile image57
    len7288posted 16 years ago

Darkside about 30% to 50%

7. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

I don't usually pay all that close attention to this, but today my Page Views at HubPages shows 740, while my Adsense Page Impressions shows 28. (That's about 3.8% for anybody who doesn't want to do the math.)

Is that normal? It seems like an *awfully* big discrepancy. Or did I just have a really, really unlucky day with the 60/40 chance of my code being on the page when it loads?

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

That is an awfully big discrepancy. When you say "today," you do realise that hubpages has a rolling 24 hour period and adsense only reports after the end of the day?

What does it look like for last week?

1. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Mark. I thought that might be the problem, because a lot of the traffic came from one sudden spike yesterday morning to a particular hub, but today it's showing that I had 62 page impressions yesterday, 8 today, and 423 for the week, against 1308 for my 7 days figure on HP. (Though 32% is much better than 3%!) Much of the spike appears to have been from within HubPages (must have landed on Hot Hubs or something) so I don't know if that makes much of a difference or not. I suppose I probably didn't lose any clicks either way.

9. Gaget Girl profile image68
    Gaget Girlposted 15 years ago

Good question Favorites! Always wondered that...

Huh, well I guess you learn something new everyday then! smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lol Always as in the last 7 hours you have been here? smile

Dropping a meaningless comment on every forum thread in sight will get you nowhere. big_smile

1. knslms profile image65
        knslmsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

lmao you always tell it like it is

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image63
        Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Nor will copying - and I mean content not names

10. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 15 years ago

You underestimate the power of hawt chick profile pics Mark

11. BaliMermaid profile image56
    BaliMermaidposted 15 years ago

If for any given hum a visitor visits one time - does that reflect a 1 in the page view column for that hub? Or does a 1 in the page view statistics stand for 10 or 100 actual page views.  I am asking because a friend, on his own lap top found with google one of my hubs and opened it. but we got no page view showing on the statistics till the next morning and then it was a 3. 

Any one have an idea how that works?

Thank you.

12. hattoss profile image41
    hattossposted 15 years ago

Have not really checked my stats like this.

13. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 15 years ago

Even I dont knew the difference. THANKS FOR PROVIDING THIS USEFUL INFORMATION

14. paulthomas500 profile image59
    paulthomas500posted 15 years ago

darkside,  u've siad that hubpages owns 40% of our pageviews, will that percentage go up n time? and does they hav a provision to select the pageviews with clicks exactly.
      Sorry HP authorities for these silly questions. No offense meant- just a scrutiny on the running of the site and once again i believe in Hubpages.

1. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anyone who takes the time to read the FAQ will find the impression sharing program explained right up-front,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#revenue

15. xXjacksrevengeXx profile image59
    xXjacksrevengeXxposted 13 years ago

Hey everyone,

I am so confused by this! I have 82 page views total on HP, but only 26 page impressions on Adsense (about 32%). Even so, i havent made a scent. However, i'm less worried about the views-to-impressions ratio than actually making money. Does anyone have any tips or helpful info about how to make more money / get people to click on the links?? thanks a ton!

xoxo, -jackie(:

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)