When you are confused,do you seek Scientific or Spiritual knowledge?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

When you are confused,do you seek Scientific or Spiritual knowledge?

2. Ynys Dyn profile image61
    Ynys Dynposted 13 years ago

Unless I'm actually in the laboratory at school, I find it very rare that science is ever the answer to my problems.

The fact is that personal issues are pretty much impossible to empirically compute. No amount of consistent data will improve your depression, your anxiety, or your family situation.

My Theism is founded on this idea - science cannot explain enough. It cannot explain the glory or the evil that man is capable of, it cannot explain creation in the ways it ultimately functions, and most of all it cannot explain the clear division between good and evil that exists, best embodied by even those in denial by the phrase, "that's not fair."

There must be something else - and whatever it is, it must be Good, and we are the things that have gone wrong. In answer to that, I find the Bible. I find how so many things are a symptom of the wrongness that I see around me, I finally see an explanation and a reason - and I also find hope.

3. fallenpixie09 profile image59
    fallenpixie09posted 13 years ago

I'm a very spiritual person. I turn to God for everything. I pray everyday sometimes mulitple times a day and God truly answers my prayers. I may not be in church every sunday and wednesday and everytime there is church function but I know where my heart and faith is. True i calculate alot of things but in the end, I always turn to God.

4. keepitnatural profile image61
    keepitnaturalposted 13 years ago

Definitely spiritual knowledge. If we find the ability to be able to clear our mind of this confusion, when we consider the matter again then the answer is likely to be there. Our higher mind knows 'everything' we just need to listen!

5. Thesource profile image67
    Thesourceposted 13 years ago

All truths are consistent with each other at deepest level.
    It may not seem that way because many don't go below the surface to see how they are all connected.

In truth science and spiritual knowledge can co-exist.
    For example in India, the source of the oldest religion, Carl Sagan realized they agree at deepest level. It was the Hindu monk who first accurately stated the speed of light, however, western scientist dismissed this as a lucky guess because of it source. Various mathematical equations that has now help scientists calculate worm holes and time travel came though spiritual sources within Hinduism. They determined the life of the universe and the life of our planet long before Judea- Christian era and this is consistent with today's scientific data.

Christianity did not have a comfortable relationship with Science. Galileo was killed by the Church, Copernicus,  Newton and others lived in fear from the Church. However, today's the Catholic Church has evolved. Pope John Paul once said Science and Christianity should not conflict.  The Church is now open to science and have accepted evolution and other scientific facts. However, Christians outside the Catholic Church has not caught up with these scientific realities.

6. Van Lal Hmangaih profile image69
    Van Lal Hmangaihposted 13 years ago

For me, first of all i give my burden to the Lord and ask his direction for the best way to solve the problems. Second, I find the way how i can do. In other words, i  take responsibility upon what is happening according to the cases.

7. Ms. Butterfly profile image61
    Ms. Butterflyposted 13 years ago

If the confusion is about finding your place in life or looking for some deeper meaning in life, of course I seek for spiritual knowledge. However if I'm confused why my car wouldn't start, I would probably look for a scientific explanation.

Anyway, if we assume that we are talking about problems such as depression, lack of direction in life and generally about spiritual things, then only alternative that could be considered as science is psychology. However, psychologists basically try to direct you into finding some better spiritual background of your own. They can only assist in the process.

So I think that if our confusion is spiritual in its nature, naturally we seek for a spiritual knowledge.

8. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image58
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 13 years ago

neither to be honest, i either seek my best friends knowledge, my partners knowledge or the knowledge of my parents,

but when dealing with a perdicament, i seek logical knowledge

9. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 13 years ago

definetly science. no doubt about it. if i was to seek spiritual help, it would be the same as asking myself so what would be the use.

10. Pagelift profile image60
    Pageliftposted 13 years ago

Scientific. God is comforting to some, but I like actually solving my problems rather than masking them.

11. akuigla profile image61
    akuiglaposted 13 years ago

Both.
    Scientific is conscious thinking,observing all facts.
    Spiritual is how I feel.
    The key is my feeling.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)