Why do followers follow us, and do not support our work?

Jump to Last Post 51-83 of 83 discussions (84 posts)
  1. ArockDaNinja profile image69
    ArockDaNinjaposted 12 years ago

I noticed that followers, follow, to get followers. LOL... They're usually beginners that are just trying to get rich over night. Give it time, most are easily discouraged and they won't log on for months. Like me, tow years ago haha.

2. prasan49 profile image41
    prasan49posted 12 years ago

haahhaha nice question dear....followers follow us because if we follow somebody,then somebody will follow.thats the logic.LOL hahahah....

3. Mrs. Robin Hood profile image59
    Mrs. Robin Hoodposted 12 years ago

I think there a lot of people for whom "following" is simply a way to keep the topics and hubbers they find interesting organized and in easy access. They may not be particularly verbal people but rather passive readers who just want to read and enjoy rather than really engaging in any form of interaction. Or they may reserve their comments for moments when they are extremely compelled by what they read rather than just commenting for the sake of commenting.

4. Admiral_Joraxx profile image68
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 12 years ago

Yeah, I agree with the majority of you guys, Maybe the followers are following so many hubbers that they ended up not finding enough time to support each of them. Its not easy to follow so many people. But anyway, we all got 1 solid avid follower which is "ourselves". Yehey! Because we all know among all else, we are more interested in following our own progress and activities. We just have to be a help in one way or another in the progress of our fellow hubbers through our feedbacks.

5. princess g profile image61
    princess gposted 12 years ago

life is too short, why worry about that?

6. karen2rod profile image61
    karen2rodposted 12 years ago

I believe there are 3 kinds of follower.... the very first kind of follower follows you cuz he thinks you'll follow back in return.

The second follower follows you knowingly or unknowingly as he is new to the site or article board or the web page and being just curious.

Whereas the third follower is kinda genuinely follows you but at some points they don't like some phrase or the patter or in a hurry or might be some more issues they can't keep up with you to support your work.

7. Barbsbitsnpieces profile image80
    Barbsbitsnpiecesposted 12 years ago

I think "following" a writer is supporting his body of work. There just are too many articles here for everyone to comment on continuously. So, for me, a follow is being supportive.

8. anusha15 profile image84
    anusha15posted 12 years ago

Often you'll have a lot of followers, but the number of visible readers is not as many. Why don't your followers follow you? read more

9. terrektwo profile image81
    terrektwoposted 12 years ago

How do you mean exactly if a follower follows you is that not supporting you? If it's following but not leaving comments I think it comes down to effort, tis easier to puch a button than write a response unfortunately.

10. lonesomeshaggy profile image59
    lonesomeshaggyposted 12 years ago

If i ask the same question to you that why do not supports others work if he follow you.

11. Adegbami Williams profile image53
    Adegbami Williamsposted 12 years ago

Followers do follow because of what they derive from whom they follow, but not the work of the person's hand

12. JoseMillan profile image61
    JoseMillanposted 12 years ago

Many times is just "strategy" for get followers, and create like an "empathy", but a follower does not mean always support, as you say or earning money, as much people suppose

13. Silent Sinner profile image59
    Silent Sinnerposted 12 years ago

I completely agree with this. I will not follow someone unless their work is something i find interesting enough to support. I understand I have a few followers and some believe if you follow me I should follow you .I would love to do that , but not everything interest me and i am a very picky reader. If you follow me I will view your work if I like it I will comment and follow you if I don't then i am sorry but i will not follow you.
    I do as I feel i should be done . If I follow others and they do not follow me back i will still support them but I will not ask them to support something they do not agree with.

14. profile image0
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 12 years ago

One thing for sure is that everybody has no enough time to do that

15. Cyndi10 profile image84
    Cyndi10posted 12 years ago

My answer is a lot like others, but I do feel compelled to answer. I follow people whose writing has touched something I'm interested in and who I feel are very good at what they are doing. Unfortunately, while I don't follow a lot of writers, those I follow are pretty prolific writers. I read what they write, but I can neither read or comment on everything they write. Still I support how well write, it's just there are only so many hours in the day and to be honest, I could easily get into just reading, but then I won't be productive...

16. ronhi profile image66
    ronhiposted 12 years ago

because they like your questions and answers more than your articles :-)

17. Hunbbel Meer profile image75
    Hunbbel Meerposted 12 years ago

I think my hub "how do we pitiful hubbers get our readership?" will answer your question in a much better way tongue

18. Kathleen Cochran profile image76
    Kathleen Cochranposted 12 years ago

As long as the number of times people read what I'm writing continues to go up, I don't care if they comment.  I want to be read.  The Catch 22 is: I'd be more readable if people comment so I can learn and improve as I go.  Also the encouragement is like throwing gasoline on a fire: I write more when I'm getting steady feedback.  I'm sure everyone does.

19. 6hotfingers3 profile image61
    6hotfingers3posted 12 years ago

I don't think its possible to  physically read the hubs on a regular basis. That would be impossible. I try to make a comment on at least one hub of a person I follow. Just before or after I post that I am following them.Sometimes I see a question or hub by someone that is following me and I read it without making a comment. I know it does not help the hubber but we can't comment on all the people we follow. that would take a day to make such comments. I guess this is a "catch 22."

20. maddot profile image66
    maddotposted 12 years ago

I get your drift. If you have 150 followers it would be nice to think they at least clicked on your story at least you'd get 150 clicks.
    But when you only get 30 clicks it makes you wonder if they just  became a follower in the hope that you will follow them and click on their stories.

21. stylezink profile image73
    stylezinkposted 12 years ago

I agree with the majority here, in that you can't possibly comment on every hub you read. There's not enough time in the day. I do try to remember to 'vote up' at the least after I have read someone's hub though. So the author will get a vote up and a page view from me. The same goes to those who follow me. Shouldn't that be enough?

22. attorneyblog profile image60
    attorneyblogposted 12 years ago

Maybe they just want you to follow them back to increase traffic on their site.

23. Ehnaira05 profile image60
    Ehnaira05posted 12 years ago

Because they are followers and not supporters, the answer is in the word itself.

24. kripkrip420 profile image60
    kripkrip420posted 12 years ago

Say you have 5000 followers. Do you really think that every single one is going to read every article you write and comment on every one? No way. They are following you because they like your writing style. If you publish something interesting that catches their eye, they will read it. However, for something to catch their eye, they have to know when it is published, which is why everything you follow is posted on your home page for you to look at and see if you find it interesting.

25. rajan jolly profile image92
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

Followers are people who may have  like your hub that they have read or someone who wants to be followed in return or sometimes you follow someone if you like their profile or the variety of the hubs they have wriiten.
    When one has hundreds of followers  and is being followed by hundreds as well it is not possible to leave comments always.

26. wanzulfikri profile image61
    wanzulfikriposted 12 years ago

Don't expect too much because you can't control what will happen. Same as your followers, when you expect something from them chances are you won't get what you want. Instead, continue writing great hubs and more genuine followers will follow.

27. whatarethenews profile image60
    whatarethenewsposted 12 years ago

As you write the question to be answered whey we follow you? this is the response why we follow you.

You asked the question and we replied mean you got traffic and value as well. That's what a writer need. The admiration of work comes when you write and wait for the response. Readers will find if you work impressed them they will vote or rate you otherwise they will just ignore it. That's all.

28. gabgirl12 profile image60
    gabgirl12posted 12 years ago

I value those who have priviledged me by following. And I encourage in a 'gentle way' new hubbers to give feedback, comment and keep writing. Some people are still reading and getting a feel for how hubpages works.

Ever since I read this question, I have also read hubs that really discourage following. Not only that there is such negativity around 'following' that I'm cautious about who I follow. I'll read and possibly comment, but I won't follow. And I encourage all new hubbers to do the same so you wont be discouraged by someone complaining about it later. Thankfully no one that I have followed has lodged a complaint.

No matter where you go in life, you will find opposition. But I believe the greater the opposition, the higher the calling. And I'm focused more on that higher calling than the opposition. But I know how to deal with it. And I help others to do the same.

Thanks to all that are following me. Even if I don't get comments or feedback, I take the time to read your hubs, leave comments and I encourage you to keep hubbing.

Why?

I'm not bothered by following at all. On the contrary, I enjoy you...because I'm a leader...and in leading...I set an example. And do for you what has been done for me.

Happy Hubbing!

29. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 12 years ago

May be some don't really get it as in the concept of followers, it is about those you admire, those you love their work and they have something you want to learn from in life. This is  a community and each of us is very different and unique in our own different ways, just don't allow this to worry you, move on and keep your hubtivity high that's the secret.

30. Nigam Shah profile image59
    Nigam Shahposted 12 years ago

People follow you because they like your content but it is not necessary that they have to comment it.

For example - following is like being a friend on facebook .. u enjoy ones company but u dont chat someone everytime he/she is online

31. flowmeter profile image59
    flowmeterposted 12 years ago

I now have one follower but how can I see if they have supported my work?

32. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 12 years ago

I've only been on Hubpages a few days. I've chosen to follow those Hubbers whose work I find compelling. I'm not aware of any "rules" regarding following, so I'd love to get the link to any such official guidelines, if they exist.

33. litsabd profile image65
    litsabdposted 12 years ago

If you are trully worth following, then your followers will finally follow you heartly eventhough they don't do so from scratch. Needs patience and effort to win someone's respect.And this is a difficult "hub" to perform!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)