Do you think some people are born EVIL or do they chose to be Evil?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Cutters profile image60
    Cuttersposted 12 years ago

Do you think some people are born EVIL or do they chose to be Evil?

2. slaffery profile image59
    slafferyposted 12 years ago

Evil like any other "skill"  is a learned behavior therefore I would say they choose to be that way.  I can't believe that anyone is born to that way.  Although it's a learned skill, most of us are exposed to both good and bad and therefore we make our own choices how we want to be

3. LailaK profile image69
    LailaKposted 12 years ago

I do not know why, but I believe that everybody is born innocent and sweet, but they choose to be evil or sweet depending on their life circumstances. Sometimes people who do evil stuff are still sweet in some way from inside, and some change up completely. Thank you for the question!

4. powerofknowledge1 profile image61
    powerofknowledge1posted 12 years ago

No one born with Evil quality. When ever a baby born he/she is the most innocent creature of God. This is our society our upbringing which make or force some people to chose the path of Evil. There are so many reasons just because of that people chose Evil like:

Some people are so much ambitious that they have patience they just want success money, power at any cost. This tendency sometimes force them to chose the path of Evil.

This is all about my own thinking.

5. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4903763_f260.jpg

No, it is something that is learned or taught as a person grows older.

6. whoisbid profile image59
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

It is Christian fundamentalists who believe that everyone is born evil and that we are spawned from hell. This is where that teaching comes from even though the bible never teaches that. It was made up by a theologian called Calvin and a bunch of Europeans calling it "Total Depravity" and has been adopted by fundamentalists in the United States, UK and Europe (and now Asia) and it is used to manipulate people to convert to christian fundamentalism.

7. stanwshura profile image71
    stanwshuraposted 12 years ago

I don't think either condition holds true.  "Evil" is reinforced throughout the lifespan, for some.  I think the pathological state/conditions that result in a composite personality which is hateful and does hateful and/or violent and evil acts CAN have some biological etiology, and with or without such genetic or otherwise "inate" anti-social or violent impulse, most certainly environment can exascerbate someone predisposed, and/or likewise "create" one out of sheer neglect, abuse, violence witnessed, received - and even reinforced!

So - although I completely reject the idea of "choosing" to be evil, I do think that nature and/or nurture can both play a part.

8. anupma profile image68
    anupmaposted 12 years ago

In my opinion, no one is born evil, people chose to be evil. Good and bad, God and devil, both live in our heart. It completely depends on us whom we follow. Dr. Faustus is striking in my mind. It is a drama written by the most famous dramatist of Shakespearean age. Dr. Faustus was the best doctor of the world, but he followed Satan and ultimately became a follower of evil.
    So, I think it is our conscience that decides what we will be.

9. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 12 years ago

We each bring with us the karma of the past, but also our attitudes.

So, yes. Some of us are born evil, and some more than others. But it was a choice made long, long ago.

The amazing and beautiful thing is that we can chose differently. We don't have to persist along our previously chosen path. We can change, but we have to decide to change.

In the Bible it says that God loved Jacob but hated Esau, even before the twins were born! Esau had some debts to pay and he was not grateful for the opportunity. That in itself is evil.

It all comes down to ego -- "selfishness."

Ego was born many thousands of years ago, but long after our original innocence. We chose ego, the source of all evil. And now we can change our minds.

10. edhan profile image39
    edhanposted 12 years ago

No one is born evil.

Evil is cultivated through different stages of lives.

Due to our greed and temptation, we are moving towards the path of evil.

One has to go through the process of growing up and understands what is good and evil.

The path is chosen by individual when growing up. It is the choice made by individual as whether to be good or evil.

By nature, everyone is good until encountering evil and drawn to the dark side.

11. Gaizy profile image73
    Gaizyposted 12 years ago

People choose to be evil.You would be surprised how many "psychopaths" live perfectly socially acceptable lives. Many become extremely successful in the commercial world.
    Others however choose to use their psychopathic traits to achieve their ends by less socially acceptable - and sometimes downright evil - means. Most psychopaths are happy to admit that their course of action was a conscious choice to fullfil their needs in the most "rational" (for them) way.

12. archana srivastav profile image54
    archana srivastavposted 12 years ago

Yes, some people are born evil and some adopt it later. I have seen so many people who are born evil, who do not understand anyone's problem. they are called the followers of Satan.

13. Attikos profile image82
    Attikosposted 12 years ago

We have a dualistic nature. We, every one of us, is an unreconciled mixture of good and evil, light and darkness, oil and water. There is no purely good or purely bad human being, nor has there ever been. We make moral idols of figures in history and current events, especially in politics, but those are fictitious icons of our own creation. No one is born evil, likewise no one is born good, and neither evil nor good is a learned behavior. Both are an inherent parts of what we are.

14. HOOWANTSTONO profile image59
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 12 years ago

Because it is a "Religious" question it can only be answered with respect to religion.
    Yes every single person born, is evil, because we come from evil parents, not to say our parents cant be evil, and so on.
    Just to think that we are not evil is evil enough. But trying to resist evil is a choice we have to make and often enough we make good choices that could also turn out to be bad choices.
    Its how we are judged that counts. If we are covered by Jesus Christ our evil means nothing, and this is the best choice an evil person can make, to be covered by Jesus Christ.

15. profile image0
    Chasukposted 12 years ago

Psychopathy may be genetic, so in that sense some persons may be born "evil." Besides psychopathy, there may be other genetic mental disorders that lead to "evil" behavior.

16. eddiecarrara profile image95
    eddiecarraraposted 12 years ago

I believe it's a choice, we all know the difference between good and evil, the path we take is a choice.

17. elk-123 profile image59
    elk-123posted 12 years ago

People chose to be evil but not born evil that is why we have free will, the ability to choose between good or bad.

18. profile image0
    Majadezposted 12 years ago

I don't think anybody is born evil.  I also don't think that anybody chooses to be evil.  We choose our actions and our behaviours, which in turn form our habits.  Those habits may be bad and considered "evil", hence people may label you as an evil person.

19. Nspeel profile image61
    Nspeelposted 12 years ago

Everyone has a choice no one is born evil. Not even animals are born evil. You can take 2 completely 100% aggressive snakes add sex outcome equals baby. Remove the baby snake from its parents and then wham bam is a tame snake. This to me shows they are born born evil just learn evil ways.

20. suzettenaples profile image87
    suzettenaplesposted 12 years ago

I believe it is chosen even with genetic predispostions to violence or evilness.  I believe we all have a choice to let out the "good" person or the "bad or evil" person inside all of us.  I do not believe anyone is born inherently evil.

21. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 12 years ago

Evil is a word used to describe the worst of the worst, but I don't believe anyone can live up to the true definition of Evil.  People behave in ways as an excuse to passify themselves or make themselves feel good, worthy, in control or better than.  But at the end of the day if the behavior that they distributed was returned, they would not be able to take a full dose of what they have distributed or distributed times 3. so in all essence the definition that describes their behavior does not describe them entirely because they can in no way take what they have been continuously dishing out.

22. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 12 years ago

People are not born "good" or "evil". What we see is behavior in different situations and we make a judgement based on our ideas and beliefs.  There are so many factors involved that have to be considered before making the judgement that a person is "evil". 

I think that the situation as a whole has significantly more control tha th individual person.  Mateial nature is very powerful and it has the potential to lead anyone of us in the wrong direction. 

I think people are shown and taught evil.

Best wishes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)