Did you ever want to stop and take time off for yourself?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. K Kiss profile image59
    K Kissposted 12 years ago

Did you ever want to stop and take time off for yourself?

What I mean is did you want to take time off for yourself at a moment in life when you have actually achieved all that you hoped to achieve by a certain period of your life and yet want to put a pause or even give it all away to gather your thoughts?
    Personally I feel like I have hit a dead in the the maze of life where I have studied what I wanted to, got the job I wanted to get and yet desire time off to compose myself. Every choice we make leads us to a different life and it should be permissible to really put a pause and head in a different direction.
    Did you ever feel that?

2. profile image0
    stessilyposted 12 years ago

Almost every day of my life I have the desire to stop and take off time for myself. There is a basic disconnect at any given time in life between inner and outer realities, expectations, and aspirations. The hustle and bustle that jumbles through daily life may be inspirational for some, but the deep reflectivity which usually changes directions, goals, etc., basically requires a break from routine, a withdrawing from the known and familiar.

3. Nat Amaral profile image61
    Nat Amaralposted 12 years ago

Most definitely.  I used to feel this way many times when I lived in the Okanagan region of BC.  There was a point in my life that I swear I almost went crazy.  Once I hit thirty, I had met three significant difference in my life:  One wouldn't let me go even though he had a crazy in his life, a kindhearted man who has trouble getting out of difficult relationships, and one who merely wanted a free housekeeper and a babysitter.  Once I had moved out of that area and moved up north, everything had changed.  It was still crazy at first, but this is the first winter in years which I don't feel suicidal, depressed, or down.  I truly feel the reason for that is because of the choice of friends I've made, the places I volunteer at, and my dear landlady who has been very protective of me.  I honestly feel that the place I moved to was a blessing, and I have God and my friends to thank for that.

4. thumbi7 profile image61
    thumbi7posted 12 years ago

I always want to stop and take time off for myself which is not possible because of the multiple roles I play in life. I cannot actually afford to travel to other places and enjoy a holiday for myself. So I have adopted a technique of taking a break of half an hour everyday to myself from all the other responsibilities.

5. danielleantosz profile image75
    danielleantoszposted 12 years ago

not yet, but I look forward to the day.  When you meet all of your goals I think its time to make some new ones!

6. edhan profile image36
    edhanposted 12 years ago

Yes. I have already gone through the first chapter of my life. The next chapter will be the journey till the end of life.

I am now in the second and final chapter of my life. In search of the truth what life is all about. I have struggled through as a baby, a child, a teenager, adulthood and now a family man with children of my own.

Guess now I am ready to search the truth about our life as a human being. Why are we here? There is always a purpose in life. I believe what I am searching for is the enlightenment in the way of life.

If I finally find it then there will be no re-incarnation for me otherwise I will again reborn to start all over again. That is what I think my life is about.

This is where I stop and taking time off to search for my truth in life.

7. style-of-life profile image61
    style-of-lifeposted 12 years ago

I just did 5 months ago by quitting my job! I recon everybody should do this once in while. Everyone is just too caught up in their everyday routine. Take a shot, take a chance. Do what ever you feel like. It's your life, you're only blessed with it once!

8. JenJen0703 profile image79
    JenJen0703posted 12 years ago

I would love to take time off for myself, but with college tying up my schedule, I cannot accomplish this.  I attend college 50 weeks out of the year.  I am also in the process of starting an online business, and that is taking up close to 12 hours a day of my time.  Someday, when I complete some of my goals, I will take time off for myself.

9. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

Life is a personal journey. I'm constantly evaluating my options and making (choices) on how I want to spend my time, pursuing new goals/dreams, and crossing things off my "bucket list". lol!
    Seriously (life is what YOU make it) Time is the most precious commodity on earth because no one knows how much we have left. We have to make it count!
    Rich or poor, attractive or not, in the end we're all going to die.
    "The world may not owe you anything but you owe yourself the world...."

10. cobrien profile image60
    cobrienposted 12 years ago

I have to have alone time every few days to regroup and reenergize my batteries.

11. K Kiss profile image59
    K Kissposted 12 years ago

People it really does feel good to know that I am not the only one going through this stage. I recently became a barrister from Lincoln's inn and started working for a set of chambers and now that I achieved all that (all hard earned I tell you), I feel very dissatisfied with life. It is not that I hate my work or the pressure but rather the whole concept of giving away my life. I always aspired to be a writer at heart and at a stage like this in my life I constantly think of switching my career or at least putting a stop to it for a few months to regroup my thoughts and really start writing a novel. I intend to get married around december 2012 and I need to save up money for that so it is a very tough decision that I am facing. I usually let my heart decide the course of my life but this once I am lost sad

12. eye say profile image71
    eye sayposted 12 years ago

Indeed I do. I was unfortunate enough to be forced to stop and reevaluate due to illness.

And I do believe that change is a good thing and ok to do. Whenever I reach a life goal I set a new one , and I take my time if I need to in deciding it.

Take a breather if you want to and can. Make a list of what you LIKE to do and see if there's a new exciting direction you hadn't thought of before waiting for you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)