Has anyone ever experienced the "white light" sensation?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. MazioCreate profile image67
    MazioCreateposted 12 years ago

Has anyone ever experienced the "white light" sensation?

I know that books etc have been written about this phenomena, but has any Hubber ever had their own going towards the white light experience?

2. eye say profile image72
    eye sayposted 12 years ago

yup you can go read my post about angels ...

3. ericsmeyer profile image60
    ericsmeyerposted 12 years ago

As a child, I could travel at night, following an encournter with a spirit named Jesus Christ at age 7.  As an adult, I was fasting during a protest at a mental hospital, in Toledo, Ohio, for several days when I could "hear" the voice of God.  This happened by God causing my consciousness to leave for a few seconds, then return for a moment, to allow a conversation to occur between God and myself while I was hospitalized for having emailed the Israeli Prime Minister from July 4, 2010 until my release, around October 1, 2010.  LORD Jesus Christ,on July 4, 2010, showed me in His Bible Code, that I was instructed to be "Inaudible" and "No", meaning to me to speak the truth no matter the perceived risks, both at the NOPH hospital, following the hospitalization for being  political, and now, of what happened to me during my near death experience to the world.  In particular, my weight dropped from about 180 pounds to just 118 after two weeks of fasting for an attorney.  I lost so much weight because I was drinking a lot of water and was exercising quite a lot during the first week of fasting.  I was afraid of electroshock as a punishment for being political.  I am Eric Meyer, my wishes are for my story to be public and I request a public inquiry to my case.

4. Craig Suits profile image63
    Craig Suitsposted 12 years ago

Personally, in the context you ask, No. But I did have a similar experience last week when I walked into the end of a 2x4 with my head ducked looking to avoid  the damn thing. Lots of white lights...stars too.

However,
    If you want a real experience along the lines you ask, go visit the Hubpages of Lilith Eden. She actually died in a car accident  and was brought back to life. She tells what the experience was like in her hub; "I Died on March 11, 2005...

5. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 12 years ago

I definitely did, I went through a real emotional troubled time, that lasted years... then one day I felt like dew falling on me and felt like I was light, that that light that had been sent to me after I searched for it for so long, entered me and changed my being. I even called myself a being of light, still do in my best days!!!LOL
    Love and peace to you

6. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 12 years ago

I experienced the white light once in my life. Words are difficult to use as an expression of how I felt as result of experiencing the white light. The one thing I remember about it is death is a passage to something we can not imagine in this life.That I should live my life in honor of Him.  It also made me want to live my life to the fullest . Upon awakening from the incident, I had a peace I had never experienced before in my life. I think the white light  is the reason I am able to manage life and the many experiences that come my way differently now.

7. Cara.R profile image64
    Cara.Rposted 12 years ago

The only White Light experience I had was during meditation. I meditated and imagined a friend surrounded by white light. I imagined this person happy and healthy. The light gets brighter until that is all I see. The first time by accident during earlier times meditating.
    It is easy to get caught up in the euphoric state that deep meditation has brought to me and the "white light" I have experienced. It's like the thoughts that distract the mind in meditation, that you accept then let go. It is easy to cling to certain bad moments, it can be even easier to cling to pleasurable moments.
    The first time I meditated and felt a euphoric sensation was by accident too. I didn't know it could happen.
    It felt like weightlessness, I heard nothing, I felt no aches or pains. It was like another world, it was like I was somewhere else but with no physical body. It was truly euphoric and tempting to always go to but that is not the point of meditation. Now when it happens I acknowledge it and let it go.

8. profile image37
    LORD ENKIposted 12 years ago

My own experence with white light is that 35 years ago at my grandmothers funeral,I thought i was hearing the sound of CUT GLASS WINDCHIMES upon looking around to see where the sound was coming from approx 18 inches under the celing i witnessed 7 spherical orbs about the diameter of a golf ball,all grouped together and sparkling with the most crystal clear light I've ever seen,after about 1 to 2 minutes they tore off at about a 30 degrees angle and right away the sound left.True story I don't talk of it often,I do not know what they were or why this happened!!!

9. romari profile image57
    romariposted 12 years ago

what is it by the way?I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this

10. A.S.K.Preacher profile image60
    A.S.K.Preacherposted 12 years ago

I have experienced a "white light" but not as intense as others I have read about. My experiences have been more claireadiant, out of body, premonition in a purely religious way.

11. orzofflaw profile image57
    orzofflawposted 12 years ago

no net yet,but i do believe in this and hope i will feel some time.

12. profile image0
    kada94566posted 12 years ago

After the death of my son, I was sobbing in my bed, when all of a sudden  a white glow brittend up my room. I saw my son standing at the foot of my bed and with him was Our Father Jesus Christ. He spoke to me. " your son is with me and well"

Than they were gone.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)