How would you react?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Syrusv37 profile image81
    Syrusv37posted 12 years ago

How would you react?

Say you used to know someone you were close to when you were ten years old, and you moved far away, leaving them behind. Then, seven years later, you returned, only to see them again. How would you react when you saw each other again? What if they were the opposite sex, would the reaction be different?

2. Ana Teixeira profile image61
    Ana Teixeiraposted 12 years ago

I think the reaction doesn't change regardless of the gender of ther person. The only thing that can influence the reaction is the type of relationship you had with that person. If it's an old friend... it's always great.. if it's an old boyfriend / girlfriend.. might not be as great!  It really just depends on the relationship you had

3. raquelpier profile image68
    raquelpierposted 12 years ago

I have rekindled old friendships many times, in many instances, in regards to this topic-all of which were positive. We seemed to have picked up right where we left off, as though we had never been apart. That goes for samee sex and opposite. True friends, real friends, remain friends, at least for me and my friends. I hope you can or are able to share the same sentiment with you and yours! smile

4. xethonxq profile image66
    xethonxqposted 12 years ago

I would be thrilled to see a friend from years ago. I think I would give them a big hug (regardless of gender) and take them out to lunch to catch up.

5. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

I simply do not know, how I would react to such drama................I am a simple person.............

tell me what you need........forget and dismiss the game playing.

6. Ann Marie Dwyer profile image71
    Ann Marie Dwyerposted 12 years ago

I found someone quite by chance I had not seen since I was 10. It had been 24 years. He walked directly up to me and called me by name. (I truly have not changed that much over the years.) It was a (now man) boy who had a terrific crush on me in the fourth grade.

We passed polite conversation and went for coffee. We had a lovely time.

I have been reacquainted with others who I had not seen in a number of years (many far more than seven). We were able to discuss memories and fill one another in on the intervening details. It has always been a warm, welcome experience.

I do not think it changes based on sex.

7. BfoBarney profile image59
    BfoBarneyposted 12 years ago

It would either be incredibly awkward or great! If they have changed a lot and I am unable to connect with the person anymore then I would feel uncomfortable trying to talk to them. But if we still have the same interests then we would have a great yarn trying to catch up.

However if they were from the opposite sex and there had been a few changes to ones body, well that's a whole different story.

8. Cardisa profile image89
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

It all depend on the relationship before and what you feel when you see the person again.

9. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 12 years ago

I'd just start up a friendly conversation with them, by asking them a few questions about their life and also sharing some things about mine.

10. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 12 years ago

The reaction is dictated, only by the moment..

To predict it would be to lose the beauty and the sacredness of the moment you meet again, for each and every meeting is a sacred contract..friend or enemies alike..as there is no abiding self, who you were then and who you are now and each moment is different...

If you have a chance, I recommend reading Shunryu Suzuki's Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind, and Journey of Awakening by Ram Dass, and The Myth of Freedom by Chogyam Trungpa..

11. NiaLee profile image59
    NiaLeeposted 12 years ago

I personally am a person who would say hi and talk a little except if the relationship was not good. Then, ever sex is the same, it is the nature of the past relationship that could make that gender thing something important.

12. radhikasree profile image71
    radhikasreeposted 12 years ago

I would be glad to see the person after such a long separation. I would talk about all those memorable moments we together had in the past. I would gift her(him) with things she liked and spent the entire day alongwith her.

If it were a person of the opposite gender, I would observe how he behaves and accordingly I also will react. Still, he is a friend only, not more than that.

13. shweta25 profile image60
    shweta25posted 12 years ago

To meet someone,especially one with whom you bonded really well,irrespective of sex, is an awesome feeling in itself,recall and recollect the memories you shared together,even if it is for a day try and live the moment with that person because you never know tomorrow..so have fun and enjoy with that person..

14. khdijan profile image59
    khdijanposted 12 years ago

I think relationship with that person matters more................. if it's one of your siblings then it would be a much exciting moment for you........... as i have experienced this ...............

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)