How can I use Hubpages to backlink to my blog that has offers, products, capture

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)
  1. MelsMktgMastery profile image35
    MelsMktgMasteryposted 12 years ago

How can I use Hubpages to backlink to my blog that has offers, products, capture pages, mlm offers?

I am a biz woman and was taught to write an article with links.  I did that an hubpages did not like b/c the links were either to a product or company I represent.

The problem is that when I link back to my blog, my blog has links to my affiliate products, and capture pages, etc.

Hub pages says my blog can't have those things either.  Are they crazy?  Am I misunderstanding this?  Top leaders in industry taught me how to do backlink and I feel that I can't do it properly here.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

You can link to your own websites from your profile.

1. Sophia Batrouney profile image53
      Sophia Batrouneyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 12 years ago

If you are here just to get backlinks to your own sites, you are not going to find HubPages to be what you were looking for.  This site was developed for people to write original articles, for building and developing traffic here.  There are a variety of rules about promotional content, limits to how and where you link out, and in the end, the user here who is just trying to get traffic or backlinks for their own sites will most likely find their scores get lowered and their Hubs get unpublished.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

4. imatellmuva profile image76
    imatellmuvaposted 12 years ago

MelsMktgMastery,

Hubpages has specific rules about/against  backlinking to other sites, even your own. If your backlinks exceed, or do not fall within their guidelines, your hub can be moderated as Overly Promotional. If you haven't yet,  review the Help topic on backlinkg in the Help Section (top right of the page), and/or the "Guide to Backlinking"  in The Learning Center.

You can backlink to your hubpage. For example, the title of a hub is a backlink; with a hyperlink embedded into the title. Text that reads, and for example "...I publish articles on hubpages is a backlink, and you embed the hyperlink in that text.

From what I've read and understand about backlinks, is that they have to be related to and from the site the backlinking is between, but more importantly fall within HubPages guidelines and rules about backlinking.

5. hillymillydee profile image60
    hillymillydeeposted 12 years ago

What you have to do is just put one link going to your blog not to your affiliate site.
    If people will click they can go to your blog.
    But that is not the main purpose why we come to hubpages.

I have 200 blog sites but I don't promote them here.  I love to write and publish my poems and drive traffic to my articles here. What I do here is for here

I am confident that if I will abide with the Hubpages guidelines and write more high quality articles even I don't promote my products, the ad program of Hubpages, adsense,ebay and amazon can give me another of source of income as I enjoy my passion in writing and publishing my poems and articles.

6. Grime Remix profile image61
    Grime Remixposted 12 years ago

When I first started with hub pages same thing happened to me.  I actually contacted them to see what happened.  I found out that this issue is actually in their user agreement or terms of service.

There are several reasons why they don't want this type of activity.  One is to keep hubs focused on good content.  If they don't want to be penalized by google they need to make sure the content isn't just a marketing gimmick or back door to ranking on google.

HubPages can still be of use to you.  As a marketer you can offer value to readers and in the process become a market leader.  Instead of linking to your site try linking to more value like a video.  ( if that is allowed )  Within the video continue to offer real solutions.

Most important though is no gimmicks.  Straight forward information that can help people solve their problems and you will see value in return.

7. athena2011 profile image56
    athena2011posted 12 years ago

You can get links to your blog by pulling in an RSS feed into your Hub. However, if there is something specific about your blog that Hubpages does not like then you will find that you need to look for a different place to get your backlinks.

Hubpages has a very strict set of guidelines for their site and we, as members, have to abide by their rules or move on.

You mentioned that your blog has offers, products, capture pages and mlm offers...what about other content, like useful articles? Perhaps this is why Hubpages turned you down.

8. mikesaturday profile image41
    mikesaturdayposted 11 years ago

I don't have a good answer for you except this is their policy.  I found out the hard way too in that just last night (8/2/12) I finished an article and they said that it contained "dubious" content.  The content mentions MLM, Attration Marketing.  What they were saying was MLM was dubious.  I do take offense.  Just because I/we represent an MLM company and talk about MLM, does that make our content dubious?  Answer - only if what you've written in poor quality.

So much for contributing to Hubpages.

I wonder though, if, being a physician and I talked about a new surgical proceedure if that too would be considered "dubious."

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)