What is the most humbling experience that you have ever incurred?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Josh Lakie profile image57
    Josh Lakieposted 12 years ago

What is the most humbling experience that you have ever incurred?

2. bulldogrocks profile image62
    bulldogrocksposted 12 years ago

The most humbling experiences I have had was when my mom got sick and lost her life battle after 6months.  On top that both my husband and my daughter became disabled.  My mom has been gone for 2yrs now and we just found out that my husband and my daughter are missing part of chromosome 10 which is what has caused their medical issues making them disabled.

3. profile image0
    MP50posted 12 years ago

Hey JL, the most humbling experience I have incurred, would be the birth of my Daughter. My life had gone bad for some years, the day she came into the World I was brought back to earth with a big bang.

Good question by the way.

1. profile image49
      mikelaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

MY WORST PAIN COME FROM BEING IN SALVATOIN ARMY HOMELESS WITH OUT MY FIVE KIDS

4. backporchstories profile image72
    backporchstoriesposted 12 years ago

when I was 17, working at a local grocery store at the customer service desk, I was waiting on this Priest.  I was wearing a gold Star of David, to which caught the eye of the man in cloth.  He announced rather loudly, that I had killed Jesus!  I am not Jewish, but loved that necklace because it related to my Jewish friends of the past.  I learned so much from them about their faith and believe in celebration of diversity.  I saw people turn and stare.  The Priest pointed at my necklace and repeated again, how I was responsible for Jesus' death.  I did not feel humility for myself at that moment, but I felt the worst humility for the Christian faith.

5. donnaisabella profile image72
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

It was when we were homeless, without jobs, three kids, far away from our country and our host decided to cut electricity and water. We had to draw water from a lake behind the house for our washing and other household  uses. The most humiliating part was when our kids were teased for it on their way to school and people looked at us strangely. It was something we had to endure but we learned a lot from it. You can read about it here  http://donnaisabella.hubpages.com/hub/C … ighborhood

6. YvetteParker profile image61
    YvetteParkerposted 12 years ago

I'm always humbled by the kindness and compassion of my children towards me either through words or deeds.

7. onegoodwoman profile image69
    onegoodwomanposted 12 years ago

You just might find this somewhat ridiculous..............

I manage a kitchen, that serves senior citizens, many of them have lost control of their bodily functions.   

Some of them, can no longer, command their hands and arms, to pick up a fork or spoon, and bring the food to their mouths.    It might be alzhemiers, it could be MD, MS, or it could be another, unexplained, or unidentified physical or mental cause.

There are the aids who dress them, shave them, toilet and bathe them.   That is their job.   They deal with these things every single day.

I work more " backstage".........cooking, ordering groceries, holding my staff accountable to sanitation laws and practices.

The very first time, that I had to physcially " feed" an adult ( of course , I had fed my own children )  was traumatic.    It was second, only, to accepting my Salvation.

I went home and I cried...............I am not easily given to tears.   My heart hurt for those many people, who can no longer do for themselves.

They are not only to feeble to live alone, defend their homes, dress themselves......................

they can not even EAT without assistance.   Except for the kindness of others, they would sit and slowly STARVE to death........just because, they can no longer pick up a fork, secure a morsel of food, and bring it to their own mouths.

Later, as life progresses for some of us, and deterioates for others,   I was helpless, in caring for my own parent.   The march of death had already been played for me..........the watching of the parade was unbearable.

8. KrystalD profile image65
    KrystalDposted 12 years ago

Every time I learn from a child, I am humbled. Young children have a curious way of seeing and understanding things that allude me. That's why I choose to spend as much time with them as possible! (I am an elementary school teacher)

9. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 12 years ago

the most humbling experience was just a few months ago. i was walking down the hallway and a fellow teacher put her arm around me, and, said...

'You will be missed every day, all day. What a loss to our school, you are such a wonderful teacher.'
    I sobbed and even now I do as I write this. I was so humbled by those words. One never really knows what others think.
    It made me realize that I need to say more often to others what I am thinking about the wonderful things they are doing.
    (I had to retire early as my daughter is very ill so it meant leaving my school family and my precious classroom of children)

10. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 9 years ago

When I became comatose from a bleed to the brain and found out that my close friend was comatose too and we were in rooms next to each other. I played ice hockey with him 2 weeks ago. We both fully recovered and I simultaneously discovered that He knows everything, you cannot hide anything from Him... No need for our justice system, "justice" will be provided upon our death...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)