Could kissing be regarded as the most significant act of love?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. MartieCoetser profile image69
    MartieCoetserposted 12 years ago

Could kissing be regarded as the most significant act of love?

Does the size of lips determine the quality of a passionate kiss? Should relatives and friends express their love for each other with kisses? What is your opinion about kissing in general?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6390312_f260.jpg

2. KimberlyLake profile image86
    KimberlyLakeposted 12 years ago

I think a kiss is an acceptable way to greet people and as a parting gesture. It is a cultural thing though, you have to keep in mind the person's cultural beliefs. I was raised in a family where we always displayed affection in a physical way such as hugs and kisses, my husbands family is not that way but they still love eachother.
    The size of the lips may not have anything to do with the power behind a kiss. Big soft ones might be a better place to land a kiss though!

3. RealHousewife profile image69
    RealHousewifeposted 12 years ago

I think kissing is a very intimate thing.  I think some guys have lips that are full and it does always make me think things like - oh good kissing lips! Lol.

On the other hand - my sisters and mother and I - never greet or part without a kiss to the cheek.  This is mere affection.  I do not kiss anyone outside of my family though (ok well not for at least the last 19 years)!! Haha!

4. PurvisBobbi44 profile image89
    PurvisBobbi44posted 12 years ago

The size of the lips is not relevant to any passionate kissers I have known, however, I find full lips more inviting. And as for relatives kissing-- I kissed my aunts and hugged my uncles. And for friends, they can kiss me on the cheek.

5. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 12 years ago

In my opinion, I don't think the size of the lips is evident of whether or not the kiss being planted is better than one with smaller lips. However if its a deeply passionate kiss, then for me I receive a deeper feeling from both mouths and tongues being positioned to stimulate our senses. I've kissed both large lips and thin lips and both have been satisfying. Although it's the actual mechanics of planting that kiss and tongue, it's all in positioning. LoL

6. SanneL profile image58
    SanneLposted 12 years ago

The size of the lips are irrelevant. It's how you use them that's of importance here. When you kiss someone who knows french really well, you stop breathing, and never want to take a breath ever again, afraid the gasp of air will break the moment, and the blazing firework in the body and weakness in the knees will vanish.

Of course, then there are other kisses. The ones I shower my grown up nieces with. I adore them so much and can't help to kiss them. Since I'm very tall, I always kiss them on top of their sweet blond heads, and give them hugs every chance I get. They are really getting tired of me. Lol!

7. Amy Becherer profile image66
    Amy Bechererposted 12 years ago

It seems telling that prostitutes will do anything but kiss.  Kissing intimates tenderness, caring, passion and love of the recipient.as a person.  I can be "turned on" by attributes of a person, but not love him.  Kissing him makes me feel fake, dishonest and suffocated. Since it is expected early on in the beginning of a relationship, often when not even knowing if "like" is the case, I think kissing is looked at casually today as "no big deal". 

The kisses in the old movies show far more romance than that seen today between couples.  Likewise, the old songs are considered "corny" by today's lack of romance.  The generations have always dismissed the old ways for the new.  Progress is good.  But, I think we have lost something magic in the process.   

My parents were very much in love until my dad died suddenly 9 years ago at age 79 after 50 years of marriage. My mom found a secret calendar my dad kept in the basement.  Apparently, they had an active love life and dad marked each (several times a week) encounter in red with a big WOW!  My mom misses him with all her heart.  Dad never left the house without giving mom a kiss.  I remember coming home from work unexpectedly early one afternoon (I still lived at home when I got my first job) and walked in to see mom and dad scrambling for cover.  Clueless, it finally dawned on me that my parents were still hot for each other!  I don't see much of that anymore.  Maybe I imagine it was more common back in the day, because I grew up with not only loving parents, but parents in love with each other.   And though, like all teenagers, I thought I was smarter than my parents, only to get old enough to know, they were far wiser than I will ever be.  My mom still tears up when she hears "As Time Goes By"...

8. Deborah Brooks profile image59
    Deborah Brooksposted 12 years ago

Kissing that special person oh it is special... I would dream of kissable lips.. LOl
    I do like kissing.
    Kisses are special I like to kiss on the cheek to family members.
    I Like Vincent's answer the best.. LOL

9. Bicky Saikia profile image60
    Bicky Saikiaposted 12 years ago

Well, The size of the lips hardly come to mind when you're kissing someone..the heart full of love is flowing through a kiss to each other..and kissing friends and relatives is not such a huge matter if the incest thing is not in your mind..but its not easy for everyone. A hug and a short (time!!) kiss is better to express love for each other with relatives and friends..but avoid lips if you don't know whether they are they are curious about it or not.

10. Anthony Reber profile image41
    Anthony Reberposted 12 years ago

yes it shows how much u want them at the time of the kiss and the heat of the moment

11. pedrn44 profile image92
    pedrn44posted 12 years ago

I think kissing is very romantic and intimate with the right person. The size of the lips is irrelevant, it's how you use them and the feelings that go with the kiss that makes all the difference to me.
    My family is very huggy and kissy. Affection has always been an important part of our relationships.

12. hobbynob profile image68
    hobbynobposted 12 years ago

I think the most significant act of love is a random act of kindness or selflessness. That, more than kissing or anything else, shows that you respect and value the other person's needs above your own. And that is love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)