What coulh he be?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (38 posts)
  1. Eternal Evolution profile image70
    Eternal Evolutionposted 14 years ago

This morning someone droped a little dog at my house. He's small and has the markings of a coyote. Any ideal of what he could be mixed with?

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/87/straycombo.jpg

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/87/straycombo.th.jpg

1. kldeeg07 profile image57
      kldeeg07posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That dog is DEFINITELY a coyote and chihuahua mix....there's no way at all there is any shepherd mixed at all....

2. Eternal Evolution profile image70

I'm half asleep and I noticed that my title has a typo. I mean what could he be lol.

3. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I don't know. He's darling and I suspect he is a Heinz variety. Sorry people.

Eternal Evolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I'd say he's prolly mixed with a lot of breeds. The thing that gets me is is coat patern. The picture doesn't do him justice. He looks like a miniture coyote lol I would say he's a coydog but he's quite small. only 189 lbs (thoughhe is a little on the slim side) and only 14 in tall at the withers.

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

WHAT?  189 pounds?  HUH?

1. profile image0
          Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Surely she meant 8 or 9 lbs.....didn't she lol???

1. profile image0
            wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or 18.9 TOPS.  lol  She was tired when posting she said.

LOL sorry I didn't realize I had put that. It's suposed to only be 18 lbs.

4. thranax profile image74
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

His mouth kinda looks like a greyhounds if you ask me.

http://www.grizzlyrun.com/Files/Images/Image_Gallery/Italian_greyhound.jpghttp://img200.imageshack.us/img200/87/straycombo.jpg

Maybe a Greyhound/Germain Shepard mix?
    ~thranax~

I can see that, but again he's really small. and I don't think he's a puppy, to me he seems about a year old.

5. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Interesting.  Chihuahua and something and something and something...  Cute, though!

6. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

He almost looks like a Miniature Pinscher but the coloring is off. Maybe min pin mixed with something else, or a few something elses!

1. LiamBean profile image79
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually Min Pins come in a wide variety of colors. Some have Doberman markings with an overall black coat. Others are one solid color such as dark tan, red, and chocolate brown.

Actually, looking at the pictures again, he does have Doberman markings. His snout and the area around his eyes is lighter (not by much) than the color on the top of his head. His legs are lighter in color too. The funny thing here, I'm saying this, and know for a fact that Min Pins predate the Doberman.

If he's eighteen pounds though he's kinda big for a Min.

Hope you keep him. Sounds like Bowser's already taken him in.

yeah we're gonna keep him big_smile he loves to play with both our pits big_smile he's a member of the pack now big_smile

7. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

or 18.98283843 maybe to be more exact! smile--- I'm tired too!

8. profile image0

LOL, I was going to say if he was 14 inches tall and 189 lbs. he must be a chupcabra. hehe

LMAO yeah I'd say you would be right

9. profile image0
    rednckwmnposted 14 years ago

he got left on your doorstep? are you gunna keep him? aw, how exciting!!! well, sad, but, yay for you!!

Not exactly on my doorstep but close enough lol. I live out in the country and someone droped him off in my driveway. I first saw him in the creek that's infront of my house. Most likely we're going to keep him. He seems like he was a house dog, his nails were really long and if he'd been outside very much they would have been worn down. He'll jump in our laps, he slept at the foot of the bed last night and he seems to be potty trained. Poor guy idk why they wanted to drop him like that.

1. profile image0
        rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I saw he had a collar, but didnt know if you gave that to him. he looks like he is used to love. hes got that "your gunna pet me" face...maybe he wandered off? maybe his owners had no money? who knows...but at least he found somebody!!!

I put the collar on him lol. I saw a red truck in my driveway that morning, there's a cemetery on my property< and shortly after the truck left I let my pit bull out to go potty and found this little guy.

1. profile image0

HA. I was just going to ask if the pic was your pit bull. How is he/she taking the new arrival? I am guessing the people saw a house, and dropped him. They prolly didnt want to, but you hear about all the tiem these days...poor littel guy, he must be so confused!! I have to go hug my doggies....

Yeah that's my pit Bowser. He's a big baby. He's doing well with the new doggie. Bowser is a good boy tongue We're trying to name the new little guy. don't really have any ideals yet. We like odd names and want something neat to name him.

1. profile image0

Bowser looks like a sweetie. My dog is named Ralph, because..well..he throws up alot. Good luck with the name, I am sure once you get to know him youll pick the right one. I have to go, but Good luck and congrats!!!

2. profile image0
                ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Chupacabra fits him well. LOL or is it Chubacabra? I'm so confused! Chuppie for short haha

10. profile image0

Have you noticed any issues with him yet? Times being like they are a lot of pets are being abandoned. People lose their homes and they have no place to keep them. Or they just can't afford the vet bills and such. Sad really.

1. profile image0

and here, it costs 50 dollars to bring a dog to the shelter. I dont have a spare 50 dollars!!

Not yet I haven't. we've only had him for a day now. He seems like a really good little dog.

11. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I'd say he's just a pure mix breed dog. It's hard to pinpoint anything in him. I don't see the greyhound, or even whippet characteristics. I'd say maybe a little bit chihuahua, but at the same time, I don't really see it. The ears are probably the key; I've seen similar ones before, but can't think of on what breed or mix breed.

I don't think you'll ever really find out what kind of mix he is. Just a dog needing love.

12. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

he looks like a Corgi mixed with a Chihuahua, but his legs are too long. he's cute though.

13. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I'd tend to say chihuahua is probably the predominant breed in him (along with gazillions of others...). Just look at the face and those ears - chi all the way.

14. profile image0
    Aquaposted 14 years ago

I'm so glad to hear you're going to keep him E.E. I have wanted a second dog going on 10 years now but hubby only wants one. I told him if we ever find a stray or one ever appears on our doorstep - we're keeping it. That hasn't happened....yet.

15. Eternal Evolution profile image70

Well he has a name. It's Dende big_smile

16. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 14 years ago

Definitely a carpenter dog!

a what lol?? tongue

17. Celeblas profile image58
    Celeblasposted 14 years ago

Honestly, I've searching for hours to find out what breed my dog is, I was thinking Coydog cause she looks the part, and I ran across this and my Mirage looks kin to your Dende.

18. Stimp profile image59
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

Looks like a corgy/terrier mix

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)