What shaped you into the person you are today?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (19 posts)
  1. TheLifeExperiment profile image58
    TheLifeExperimentposted 11 years ago

What shaped you into the person you are today?

2. Brinafr3sh profile image78
    Brinafr3shposted 11 years ago

The love I have for other people and the love they have for me, has shaped me into the person I am today. Plus the pains in my life has also helped shaped me, it made me stronger.
    Good question smile

3. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

Well, to begin with, pretty much life itself, all the trials and tribulations of just living. I was so shy when I was young due to the environment I lived in, that I would hardly even have the courage to speak to another if I did not know them.  If I had to walk into a room full of people, and they all turned around to look at me, my knees would knock and I would be terrified that someone may even speak to me.  I've always known the Lord, but then went astray, but when I truly became a follower of Christ, the old passed away and now I am a new creature in Christ, and I have found my voice, as He revealed to me at that point, that I was not living as He had created me to live.  He desired that I have an abundant life, and His awesome loved saved me from myself, and now I am able to love myself and love others, forgive others, have compassion for others, show kindness to others, even when they may not be kind to me, as I know there is something going on with them, and I can actually ask the Lord to bless and keep my enemies, as it is He who protects me and goes ahead of me to clear the way.  In His Love, Faith Reaper

4. swordsbane profile image61
    swordsbaneposted 11 years ago

Science fiction, Dorito's and '80s music.

1. Brinafr3sh profile image78
      Brinafr3shposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lol Doritos?   80s music is cool.

5. SidKemp profile image85
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

My early life was shaped by my parents choices, including several that left me ill and near death. Since I was 13, more and more, I've been learning to create my own mind, actions, habits, and destiny. And many wise people - from Zen masters to a great librarian - have given me great gifts.

Now, my life is shaped by the endless flow of the Divine moving in me and through me for healing and creativity.

6. profile image0
    bmcoll3278posted 11 years ago

My father who taught me honesty and integrity . Then the choices I have made good and bad.

7. phillippeengel profile image82
    phillippeengelposted 11 years ago

I am shaped by exams, financial constraints, government policies, my family and many more. Each second has an impact on me. I will continue to be shaped as long as I am living.

8. mathira profile image76
    mathiraposted 11 years ago

There were days when i used to feel timid to face problems and would give in to helpless crying. My traumatic experiences taught me a valuable lesson that the world cannot be faced by cowards. My problems became my teacher and i knew everything can be overcome by courage.

9. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

The guidance from my parents and the teaching I received from my teachers. Along the way of growing up, I learnt from my colleagues and friends to understand the value in life.

With love and affection from my family helps in a better way.

10. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 11 years ago

The person I am  shaped by all the is abuse I had to experience as a child and as an adult. I was given up at 4 and then adopted. Things were not easy growing up.Then I had an abusive relationship.
    After years of counseling I came to terms with all if it and I know consider myself a survivor and one hell of a strong person. I can also help pass that on to other who have a background like mine.

11. blessedp profile image79
    blessedpposted 11 years ago

Good parenting, testings and trials and most of all accepting Christ as my personal Saviour.

12. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

Two horrible parents. This led to knowing that I wanted to be the opposite of them and turned out quite well.

13. samtebbutt profile image68
    samtebbuttposted 11 years ago

Love has shaped me into the person I am today. Not so much the romantic kind but the messy, glorious, genuine love from parents and children. I am lucky to have and be loved

1. profile image0
      bmcoll3278posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would vot this up 50 times if i could. That says i tall

14. Voronwe profile image60
    Voronweposted 11 years ago

Life and all your experiences will definitely keep shaping you constantly but the greatest impact on your personality is effected by your family - especially your parents. Whether directly through them or separately on your own because of them (as is my case), negative or positive etc. Even the absence of them has a great consequence.
    For me, my parents indirectly changed my entire perspective on many things and also, I think even your expectations shape you. Before anything begins to affect you, it's always your expectations and their results that make the first and most effective collision.

15. stas karimov profile image61
    stas karimovposted 7 years ago

Fifteen years ago I invented
    1) the formula of Earthly Paradise;
    2) double pyramid or perfect Monad;
    3) information filter;
    4) the formula of perfect organization;
    5) the formula of absolute power or universal weapon;
    6) the formula of subjective happiness;
    7) how to have a power without breaking the cosmic laws.
    I understood the main reason of the suffering for all people on Đ•arth! One person (or one organization) can not serve two gods! Sinners killed Jesus. And what now? Now no one knows all the cosmic laws. Now no one can stop AIDS. Belarusians do not need my inventions. I learned English. I hope that the Americans want to know the truth!

16. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 6 years ago

the Word of God through Jesus Christ the Son of God and Lord of this final age of man

17. Garrett Riser profile image57
    Garrett Riserposted 6 years ago

I think you're born with a lot of it.
    I never really knew my father until my late 20s. My sister spent a weekend with him a few years back and said she was surprised how much we were alike. He couldn't have shaped me because he wasn't around, so I think it must be heriditary.
    On th other hand, I think a lot of it is nurture too.  We're raised to have certain values that shape us and events that happen drastically mold who we are. So i think it's a good mix between nature and nurture.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)