Where do you get topics or keywords you use when you write your blog or hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)
  1. sir_tallest profile image59
    sir_tallestposted 11 years ago

Where do you get topics or keywords you use when you write your blog or hubs

I have been looking for good keywords and topics to write with but somehow I have not found keywords nor nice topics,,,,please can you share your ideas with me

2. Jlbowden profile image86
    Jlbowdenposted 11 years ago

Hello Sir:

I would be glad to offer you a little advice, but than again I am not expert in SEO, or coming up with keywords. Sometimes it is all about escaping, or getting away from the vortex that writer's block can take from us. In other words most of us who write on a freelance basis are sometimes short of titles for article ideas-let alone keywords that will help others find those articles. I personally try to think of a useful and catchy title idea and take keywords either out of that title, or jot down some keywords on paper that will closely correspond to my title ideas for all future articles. Placing the keywords in the first few sentences, mid portion, or body of your article, as well as in the last few sentences,or last paragraph, will help others locate your article, or locate information within in it, that may be useful to them. So I suggest you take a notebook, or journal and a pen/pencil and begin by choosing catchy keywords, and/or phrases and also titles for upcoming articles and writing them down on paper. However try to keep your article titles short and to the point.  Something even I have trouble accomplishing often.  Hope this little bit of advice helps you out.  Good luck.

Jlbowden

3. eddiecarrara profile image94
    eddiecarraraposted 11 years ago

Hi Sir_tallest,
    I find all my keywords and titles in the Google Keyword tool, you can find it @ https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/ … WORD_IDEAS            I use the key word tool because it shows you how people search for your keywords, how many people search for your keyword, locally and globally, and how much $$$ you can make on adsense, or you could guess what people are searching for, just remember one thing, one keyword can be the difference of 80 people searching or 80,000 people searching, the choice is up to you smile
    Take care Sir_tallest, and if you have any questions, look me up, I wrote a hub about keyword research.

1. Jlbowden profile image86
      Jlbowdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Eddie:

This is some really great info. that I was not aware of either.  Thanks for stopping into the forum and providing some additional keyword direction for the rest of us here. I will be checking into read the keyword article you wrote soon!JIM

2. eddiecarrara profile image94
      eddiecarraraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You're very welcome Jlbowden, If you have an idea for a hub, the next step is to figure out how people will search for your idea, so who better to ask than the one who will send you the most traffic, lol smile

4. networmed profile image58
    networmedposted 11 years ago

If you want to write trendy and current topics which are hot, try visiting Google Trends. Explore your topics there on what's hot and from there I'm sure you can come up with good topics that you're good at writing at.

http://www.google.com/trends/

5. alancaster149 profile image76
    alancaster149posted 11 years ago

I keep the 'thread' of my Hub-page in mind usually, using the salient points as keywords. When I work from notes I go through them after setting down the heading + sub-heading and use what I think are the important factors - sometimes I end up with a surfeit of key-words and have to go back through them when I've finished my piece, 'weeding out' what I think I can do without. Then I call it a day.
    As to topics - or themes - I have a large store of information at my fingertips in the form of books. By and large I make a 'digest' of a topic I think my readers will be interested in - or I can 'draw' them into - and work my own writing style into the exercise. The results come with years of forming my own 'take' on favourite themes, or a passion for communication.

6. CloudExplorer profile image76
    CloudExplorerposted 11 years ago

Try Google's keyword tool, you can search for that term by going to Google and looking up "Google keyword tool". Its actually an Adwords or 'Google Adwords' tool. After locating it from there, you should be able to accurately locate far better keywords that you may be in search for to add to your titles of your hubs.

Good Luck & good question.

7. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 11 years ago

Your question is actually in two parts. Finding topics and getting the right keywords to use.

As far as topics are concerned, there are many ways to get topics. Thinks about conversations you've had with friends. You can write Hubs by elaborating on many ideas you've discussed at social affairs or even in phone conversations.

Another idea is to write about topics of interest to you. If you have a passion, write about it. There will always be people out there who have the same passion and who want to read about it.

Life experiences are also a great source of ideas for topics. Go ahead and write about life experiences that you feel can be of use to others. That's what I do.  Anything that has happened to you that may be good or bad, can be a source of inspiration for others who may be doing Google searches for those same life issues.

As you write, the keywords will come naturally. Your focus should start with topics.  Once you get the hang of things, you can concentrate on SEO techniques by finding the right keywords. All the other answers I see here have explained it well.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image91
      Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Glenn, I chose topics I am interested in and care about, then I use the Google keyword tool to help me chose the best words for the title.

2. Jlbowden profile image86
      Jlbowdenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Glenn:

Great feedback and you of all persons are living proof that life experiences as well as relationship issues are great topics to write about. Your book_"What was I thinking" definitely says it all in a nutshell. JIM

8. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

Mine usually come from everyday things that happen in my day to day life. smile Once the thought or idea matures, I use the Google Adsense keyword tool to play around with what comes up with various words that may work and such.  I did one recently in regards to Ebay Top Sellers involving feedback.  From that I put in Ebay....Top Sellers, Ebay Top Sellers and Ebay feedback.  All returned various keywords and keyword phrases along with stats and such. From that you can move forward.

9. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 11 years ago

Newspapers, tv, books are a good source of information, of topics.

10. the clean life profile image71
    the clean lifeposted 11 years ago
  11. CrescentSkies profile image63
    CrescentSkiesposted 11 years ago

I literally pick out whatever interests me. If it ends up being a popular topic then I'm rewarded with a ton of traffic, if not then i delete it after its hubscore drops below 70.

12. Ausemade profile image61
    Ausemadeposted 11 years ago

As my business is about travel in Australia, I have so far written around that theme. The travel with your family... hub allowed me to be a bit more personal with my story. I write about what I know and what I am interested. I think if you write from the heart, you will strike a cord with people. As for keywords, an online dictionary and  thesaurus, online keyword tools and combine that with what words you would type in a search engine if looking for that topic.

13. mackyi profile image65
    mackyiposted 11 years ago

For Keyword ideas, use the Google Keyword tool to find out how many people are searching for a particular word or phrase locally or globally. So, it's good to come up with a topic first, then find low competition keyword(word or phrase) to use in your topic and a few times in your article. You mentioned about finding topic -- you can write on subjects you are knowledgeable about, or share information on things you know other people might be interested in.

14. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

I use the Google Keyword tool. It helps you see which words people are searching for and what to do to refine the keywords you will use for the most logical and optimized title. I just wrote a hub on the subject a couple of weeks ago. The title is "Keyword Analyzation Tools Help You Write Better Content to Generate More Traffic to Your Online Store Web Page". Here is the link: http://hubpages.com/t/2fd6de

The hub also contains a video tutorial to show you how to use the keyword tool.

15. Hunbbel Meer profile image75
    Hunbbel Meerposted 11 years ago

1. Your creative mind and vivid imaginations are your primary tools.

2. Look for other hubs, blogs, websites (related to your expertises and interests) and create your own ideas out of them.

3. Google Keyword Tool is another awesome tool that you can use to find 'potential' and 'profitable' keywords out of your ideas.

4. If you can afford, there are various tools that help you in this problem. For example, the Micro Niche Finder has a 'Brainstorm' button, as well as a 'Hot Trend' button.

I hope it helped.

16. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 11 years ago

I don't know about you, but, I have a mind that can think.

1. alancaster149 profile image76
      alancaster149posted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's about it, the gist of writing. It's what jumps out at you from the page once you get started.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)