Do you reply back to each person who leaves a comment on your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Cathleena Beams profile image78
    Cathleena Beamsposted 11 years ago

Do you reply back to each person who leaves a comment on your hubs?

Please explain the reason why you do or do not.  I am wondering if I need to do this or not since I have noticed that some folks do this pretty faithfully.

2. bankscottage profile image90
    bankscottageposted 11 years ago

I haven't been on HP that long and I only have 24 Hubs published.  Since I don't get a ton of comments on my Hubs, I usually respond to all of the comments.  I guess if I had a 100 Hubs and some them got several comments in a day (to be so lucky), I'd have to rethink this.

3. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 11 years ago

I do, because I think it is the polite thing to do. I've gone through my hubs and deleted some of my comments though that didn't help the hub at all. Sometimes it is hard to answer things "like good hub" with more than a thank you.

1. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There are some hubbers who leave such comments just for the sake of getting more backlinks to their profile. Some of them do it very often or always sad I don't even respond to such comments.

4. lburmaster profile image73
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

I try to. It is nice to respond to each person equally since they have taken the time to comment on my hub.

5. Sphinxs Sanctum profile image60
    Sphinxs Sanctumposted 11 years ago

I'm very new here still, at only 12 days in; however, I feel it only common courtesy to reply to those that would take their time to review my writing and comment.  For this is something they certainly don't- Have- to do, but when done, means they are supporting what we have to say or the emotions poured into our hubs.
    It also seems to me, that far more people that look over our hubs, do Not leave a comment, than do; for this reason alone, the ones that choose to share their feelings regarding your hub-- I see as "Special."  Furthermore, those are the types of people I wish to connect with.

And that's just how I see it!
    Thanks.  smile

Sphinx's Sanctum

6. Brittanie2216 profile image76
    Brittanie2216posted 11 years ago

I like to respond to all my comments to show my appreciation.  I wait to comment back if I'm getting a lot of feedback so I can respond to several at once I'm fairly new so this hasn't happened yet but I'm prepared.  The only comments I have a hard time replying to are the very short comments.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I always respond to comments on my hubs because I am very grateful that they took the time to read and comment.  I really appreciate their time, so I want to say thank you.  Following my response I go to their page and find a hub I want to read and leave a comment if I can.

1. Sphinxs Sanctum profile image60
      Sphinxs Sanctumposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do exactly the same duffsmom.  There are some not so great hubs floating around out there, of those that are simply trying to pump them out as quickly as possible, but I can find -Something- positive to say, about nearly everyone's writing.

2. vox vocis profile image82
      vox vocisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do, too and feel exactly the same. If someone took the time to comment on my hub, I feel like the person deserves my time as well. However, I sometimes get unnecessary comments like "Nice, thank you" and I don't comment back in this case.

8. Sheepsquatch profile image64
    Sheepsquatchposted 11 years ago

I believe it is better to have continued readership, and that people enjoy feedback to their comments. I know that I need to reply to comments, but I don't generally because I look at comments when I don't want to write. I need to start getting on with that intention.

9. Eric Calderwood profile image77
    Eric Calderwoodposted 11 years ago

Yes, I answer all comments left on my hubs (except for obvious spam comments).  I appreciate the time that people have taken to read my hubs and then to comment on them.  I like to show my appreciation by at least commenting back to them.

10. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years ago

I try to reply to every comment.  The only time I don't is when someone has been rude or ignorant.

11. Elderberry Arts profile image92
    Elderberry Artsposted 11 years ago

Yes, because I am pleased and grateful that they took the time to read and comment on my hub. Generally I will then also take a look at their hubs.

12. flashmakeit profile image60
    flashmakeitposted 11 years ago

Yes I try my best to reply back to each person who leaves a comment on my hubs.  Some times they are hard to find because I have a little over 20 hubs.

13. caseydillon2 profile image58
    caseydillon2posted 11 years ago

I reply to each comment, since I personally think it is polite and shows that I pay attention. However, like Barbara Kay said, a thank you is not necessarily productive for the hub - though I think it is productive for being a personable Hubber!

14. maggs224 profile image80
    maggs224posted 11 years ago

I always reply to comments left on my hubs, most people who view my hubs don't leave a comment so those who do deserve an acknowledgement.

I love getting comments the feedback feels really good and I know that when I leave a comment I like to be acknowledged.

Apart from anything else it is simply good manners when some one writes a comment to respond even if it is only with a thank you to a 'nice hub' type comment.

15. landscapeartist profile image60
    landscapeartistposted 11 years ago

I do because its polite, and because they took the time to come and visit my hub.  I really appreciate the person taking their time out to leave a comment.  I want to say thankyou.

16. profile image0
    Miss Kate000posted 11 years ago

I only have one hub so far, but yes i intend to. I also write articles over on InfoBarrel and I reply to everyone that has taken the time to leave a comment on one of my articles. I feel it is polite, they have gone out of their way to leave me a comment, so i should take the time to reply to it. No matter how many there are.

17. darvinbunder profile image61
    darvinbunderposted 11 years ago

I guess its the authors preference to reply.
    I do as a sign of gratitude for them taking the time to comment, though I believe more people should comment and provide constructive feedback to support their fellow writers.

18. KellyRivers profile image60
    KellyRiversposted 11 years ago

If someone took time to read my hub and leave a comment, I feel that it is only right to acknowledge and show appreciation.  I am going to college online and we have discussion questions and when someone replies to my post, I always answer back and sometimes we get to know each other pretty well.  It's common courtesy to me.  However, I am not offended if someone does not reply or thank me for my reply.  Everyone is different!

19. annaglomesh profile image60
    annaglomeshposted 11 years ago

I am only new to Hubs, but I reply when I get a comment as I think it is a fair exchange and also because I am thrilled someone read my piece and got something out of it.

20. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

Virtually all of them. Sometimes I do forget and do not realize it until a week or so later and will then reply. It is the polite thing to do. If the comment is abusive, and abusive to the point that there is nothing you can say to counter it, other than writing another Hub, I will just let it speak for itself.

21. cheaptoys profile image61
    cheaptoysposted 11 years ago

yes I do . it does not take up a lot of time and its nice to say thanks to the guy who left you a comment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)