Have you actually met any of your hub friends in person?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (20 posts)
  1. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

Have you actually met any of your hub friends in person?

I think it would be so exciting to meet some of your favorite hub friends.  Have any of you had the opportunity to meet?

2. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

From Hubpages, I have not. But I would love to meet you and a few others on Hubpages, in person..dear friend..
    The future is fluid and dynamic. To him who believes, everything is possible...hugs.

3. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

No, I haven't, but I have learned so much about so many hubbers (including you!) that I would love to meet a bunch of you guys! It would be great to have a hubchat in person! I'm interested in seeing what other hubbers have to say about this question. Great question!

4. CR Rookwood profile image72
    CR Rookwoodposted 11 years ago

I've met HP people through Skype and collaborated on projects. I consider these folks real friends, not imaginary ones. wink

5. Earth Angel profile image60
    Earth Angelposted 11 years ago

I think there are thousands of us who would LOVE to meet YOU in person dearest one! I know I would!

And yes, I have met in person three of the Hubbers here in California! All amazing souls ~ each one!

Didn't HubPages host/sponsor a "boot camp" kind of thing (or several around the U.S.) so Hubbers could meet and greet??

We may never have met face to face dear one, but you have my warmest regards just the same!

Blessings always, Earth Angel!

6. rlaha profile image59
    rlahaposted 11 years ago

I haven't met anyone in person from HubPages, but I would love to meet some of them smile. That's a great question!

7. billybuc profile image85
    billybucposted 11 years ago

No, but I would love to!  If they had a Hub convention I'd be there because I have so many great friends I'd love to meet.

1. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Im with you, Bill. A convention at New Orleans Super Dome, right?

2. Victoria Lynn profile image88
      Victoria Lynnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would love it!!!!!

8. kenneth avery profile image79
    kenneth averyposted 11 years ago

Dear friend, vocalcoach,
    Sadly, no. But if I had tele-conferencing or some other high-tech device, I would love to meet YOU and ALL OF MY FOLLOWERS and even buy you all a good lunch at a swanky restaurant complete with a  violinist who walks from table to table playing soft music for tips. And yes, I would slip him a FIFTY for his music.

9. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 11 years ago

Not at the moment but it will be a swell idea to meet.

We mostly meet lots of people while traveling and even those who have correspondence as pen pal.

It will be great to meet people from HUB.

10. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 11 years ago

I would love to get together with some of my followers and those I follow.  So many interesting people on the hub pages.  Quite a wonderful gift to have found and join with this community.  If there are any hubbers on Vancouver Island in BC - let's meet up!

11. anupma profile image67
    anupmaposted 11 years ago

Not yet, but I'd like to meet great hubbers, my followers and friends and specially to the person who launched hubpages. It is really a great platform from where we can learn a lot. Many hubbers help beginners to establish their identity not only here but also in writing area.
    So of course I want to meet those kind people who help me to write in a better way.

12. Laurinzo Scott profile image63
    Laurinzo Scottposted 11 years ago

I have not met any fellow hubbers in person. But I would be inclined to. I have met some incredible people (including yourself). Been so inspired by some of my fellow hubbers', and have actually struck up a couple of genuine friendships here, that I pray are lasting. The incredibly diverse community we have here is wonderful, and that we meet on the same level; at the place where creativity is. Great question vocal.

13. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

I have not, but I can't think of anything that would be nicer!!.....If only we could have a Hubber's Convention.......but there are far too many of us to ever have anything like that work out!     Good question, vocalcoach!!

14. MjNicole profile image59
    MjNicoleposted 11 years ago

I have yet to meet any of my fellow hubbers, BUT there two right off top that I would love to meet, they have inspired me in such away that I do nothave the words for.  To be honest I would like to meet every one I invison us all drinking coffee and wine or tea at a lounge diving into so many topics of conversation..

15. Tonipet profile image81
    Tonipetposted 11 years ago

Not yet, my dear coach. It would really be nice to meet up. If we've learn so much from each of the great hubbers just through their ideas, then meeting in person would have a lot more to offer. There's going to be something like a gathering for that, someday and I'd love to be there! Blessings one and all!

16. honeybee2u profile image59
    honeybee2uposted 11 years ago

No, but I'd love to meet some of the beautiful inspiring people I have in my life and they are my friends on Hub Pages.

17. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 11 years ago

I also feel that it would be great to meet hubbers that I have become friends with, but I don't think it is likely to happen.

18. donnah75 profile image91
    donnah75posted 11 years ago

After posting one of my articles to my facebook page, I discovered that two of my co-workers are on hubpages, and I never knew!  So I guess, yes, I have met them :-)

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)