Dog lovers: Why do you love your dog so much?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (17 posts)
  1. yeagerinvestments profile image70
    yeagerinvestmentsposted 11 years ago

Dog lovers: Why do you love your dog so much?

2. Victoria Anne profile image93
    Victoria Anneposted 11 years ago

My dog is so much fun and so sweet. I actually wrote a hub on this topic a few weeks ago called "5 Reasons I Love My Golden Retriever".

3. Cat R profile image68
    Cat Rposted 11 years ago

They respect diversity and ignore superficial things like skin color or religion or disability or ability or weight. Their love is unconditional and forever. Their feelings are honest and diplomacy replaced by integrity. They are faithful.

No animal has ever hurt another living creature out of sport or pure spite!

4. buddybaker profile image60
    buddybakerposted 11 years ago

I liked both of the answers that Victora Anne and Cat R gave. My dog is more than a pet to me. I actually consider him to be part of the family and want him to be healthy and happy.

Check out http://buddybaker.hubpages.com/hub/Reasons-To-Get-A-Dog

Why do I love him? I could come up with 100 + reasons. Dogs are always happy to see you. They are loyal companions. Buddy can always make me smile even after a bad day. I walk one hour a day no matter how bad the weather is or how I feel. However, I think my favorite reason is that having a dog taught my sons to respect and care for all animals and people and grow up to be caring and responsible young men.
    I don't think that dogs are for everyone. People need to understand the committment and expense involved in being a dog owner. I hope this help. Buddybaker

5. Kristen Haynie profile image91
    Kristen Haynieposted 11 years ago

My dog is the best companion I could ask for. She happily follows me wherever I want to go. When I do have to leave her at home, she is always excited to see me when I return. She does what I tell her to, and never says 'no'... she's always up for a walk, nap, car ride, whatever.

She picks up on my moods and reacts accordingly. She licks my face when I'm sick or sad, and hops up and down on her feet when I'm excited. If I get angry, she knows how to make me feel better right away.Also, she never judges me. I can tell her my deepest secrets and she doesn't understand a word I'm saying. I can dance around in the kitchen and sing really badly, and she won't laugh at me.

She's also my protector. She won't let a stranger near me until I've given her the command to stand down. She's an amazing judge of character, and always seems to know the good people from the not-so-good ones right away. I never have to worry about my safety when she's with me. No one will even try to mess with me if she's around!

I'm very grateful for all these things my dog does. It's all of these reasons and more that explain why I love my dog so much.

6. CR Rookwood profile image71
    CR Rookwoodposted 11 years ago

Three words: unconditional positive regard. Even if I get fat, old (I hope I get old), ugly, and weird, my dog will still think I'm wonderful.

But really it is my dog who is wonderful.

7. wetnosedogs profile image61
    wetnosedogsposted 11 years ago

I love all these answers you have received. I would have to combine all these for an answer.

8. profile image0
    ignugent17posted 11 years ago

We love our dog very much because they make us happy. Dogs are very good companions too. They don't answer back when you tell them to stay :-).

9. backporchstories profile image75
    backporchstoriesposted 11 years ago

I have eight dogs!  Love every single one of them.  Only seeked one dog out, but the others found us through dump offs or litters!  I found their unconditional love and companionship very rewarding.

10. ThussaysNanaMarie profile image60
    ThussaysNanaMarieposted 11 years ago

How do I live thee, my canine friend? I love thee for thy looks and they character, gentle and cheeky.  I love the way thou runs to me and greets me. I love thee for the love I get back. I love thee for thee.

11. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

I think all of these answers are wonderful.
    My dog helps me to get through each day, and makes every day worth getting through.
    I donĀ“t have the communication skills to thank her for helping me but I hope she realizes how important she is in my life.

12. profile image48
    mindy2posted 11 years ago

Actually, I have two dogs, so why do I love my DOGS so much? Because they love me, and they show it through their actions. When they see me in the morning, or after a long day at work, they wag their tails frantically, lick my cheek, jump up on me, and sometimes even whimper a bit. Where else can you get that kind of unconditional love? If more people were like dogs, we'd have a world full of love, loyalty, and happiness. If only people demonstrated more that "actions speak louder than words."

13. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

I love my dog so much because he loves me so much.

14. landscapeartist profile image61
    landscapeartistposted 11 years ago

l have been hurt so much in my life by two husbands who never understood the meaning of love, faithfulness, and honesty.  Friends that I trusted more than anything let me down and sided with my husband when we split.  It happened that I have had to start completely over friendless, husbandless, and homeless.  The only one I had to count on for support, love and companionship was my lab 'Drake'.  He comes when I call him, he shows that he is excited to see me, he listens when I vent, cry, whine, and bawl.  He is loyal, doesnt argue, bitch, or answer to another owner.  When I am upset he puts his paws up on my shoulders and hugs me. 
    Drake is my saviour, salvation and best friend.  And, that is why I love my dog so much.

15. jennzie profile image72
    jennzieposted 11 years ago

I love my dog because she provides unconditional love. She doesn't judge me and is always happy to see me when I come through the door, whether I have been gone 20 minutes or a few days. I know that she will never hurt me or abandon me. My dog is definitely my best friend.

16. austinhealy profile image74
    austinhealyposted 11 years ago

They love you first, and they do it in such a way that you cannot possibly not respond to it. They are also great for companionship, they just stick around, some actually like a little physical contact, they don't ask for much. They're just happy to be with you and you can feel it. If you're gone for a while, they'll show you how happy they are to see you again, sometimes with excess. Really, what's not to love ?

17. Jennifer Bart profile image61
    Jennifer Bartposted 11 years ago

I love my dog because he has given me unconditional love shown me the true meaning of forgiveness. He has laughed with me and cried with me. Shown me what true loyalty is all about. He has stood by my side rather I am right or wrong. He has never given up on me and he protects me with everything he has. He dose not judge me and he loves me for who I am. He keeps my secrets and he is always there for me. He gives me his all and never asks for anything in return. He has seen me at my worst and at my best and he still loves me!!!! My dog is the best thing I have I love him so much!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)