Remembering Past Lives : Are The Memories Real?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)
  1. vveasey profile image70
    vveaseyposted 11 years ago

Remembering Past Lives : Are The Memories Real?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6854082_f260.jpg

2. CR Rookwood profile image71
    CR Rookwoodposted 11 years ago

That's a great question. I don't know. I think, under hypnosis, it's always suspect. But I 'remember' places and situations just as I am falling asleep, and sometimes dream about them. They don't seem like places I've ever been, but maybe I'm wrong. I've asked other people about this and it seems somewhat common--so I hope somebody smarter than me has an answer! I'd like to know too.

vveaseyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

CR thanks for commenting I hope someone has an answer too.

3. profile image0
    theexorcistposted 11 years ago

Great question. In Taoism theory of the "cycle of life", there is a past life but then it is not like how the Buddhist or most people think it is. Your past life could be just a life in another realm and not the same world here. In Taoism's theory of the cycle of life as explained here:

http://www.worldbestexorcist.com/Cycle-of-Life.php

You can see that we talk about the cycle from the two realms on planet earth. This is our Taoist theory and it is proven to be right with our own experience in doing the exorcism for people and all the spiritual encounter. Hard to put it in words here for short, but I just wanted to share my knowledge in case you wanted to know.

Pretty interesting

4. Recently Awakened profile image60
    Recently Awakenedposted 11 years ago

Sometimes they are real. Sometimes they are not. It all depends upon the circumstances in which they are attained.

hmmmm I see!

5. becauseilive profile image87
    becauseiliveposted 11 years ago

I've never really had any past life memories (aka "spontaneous recall"), but the idea of reincarnation makes a lot of sense to me, and I have had past life dreams. I wrote about the possibility of past life dreams being real in a hub a few years back. It's http://becauseilive.hubpages.com/hub/Re … ife-Dreams  in case you're interested!

Basically, past life dreams differ from regular dreams and memories because they have historical detail, they are logical and sequential, and you don't look the same as you do in present day (for example, you may look down at your body and see yourself in old-fashioned boots or attire).

The only past life recall I've experienced while awake was during a visit to the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. Of course the whole museum is extremely saddening, but there is a part where you walk through a cattle car and I just did NOT want to go in and go through it. I'm not claustrophobic; there was no logical explanation for my feelings. When I finally did walk through, I felt intense sadness, anxiety, and despair...I could FEEL myself as a young girl crammed in the corner of the train car, lost and afraid, and being transported to a concentration camp. I'm not Jewish, and I wasn't alive during World War II, so I've never ACTUALLY had that experience, yet it felt real.  I wonder: Was this a past life memory? Or was it just an extreme case of empathy?

Interesting!

Some people are sensitive enough to feel or experience the intense impressions made or left on an room, a space or an area.

6. ocoy profile image64
    ocoyposted 11 years ago

Dr. Morris Netherton, founder of Past Lives Therapy, has found that people can be helped by the therapy whether they believe in past lives or not. It may seem that the mind is "making stuff up," but through the images the mind produces, solutions are found for the problems one is working on.

He himself when he was developing the technique remembered certain past lives which seemed iffy to him. But he later he visited Germany, the place of this particular life he remembered, and then visited the area connected with his memory. He then remembered exact places he had been in that life, and the very spot where he had died. So the clarity of a memory is not always an indicator of its veracity.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)