How much time a day do you devote to Hubpages? :)

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)
  1. faith_love_hope32 profile image60
    faith_love_hope32posted 11 years ago

How much time a day do you devote to Hubpages?  smile

I joined about a year and a half ago, published a few hubs and then went off to do other things with the hope of returning here to really jump into interacting with others and writing more hubs.  Finally starting to find the time to do that.  So, I'm just curious how much time others devote to hubpages?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

Not as much as I'd like to.  The only way to become a better writer is to write more.

faith_love_hope32posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the feedback.  smile

3. Georgie Lowery profile image88
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

If I'm not working on other stuff or out, I'm on HP for several hours a day reading articles.

Thank you for the time frame, that's very helpful to me. I'm finally starting to absorb what it takes to really be a member of the hubpages community.  Now that I'm able to find more time, I'd like to give it here.  There's a lot of great people here

2. Georgie Lowery profile image88
      Georgie Loweryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think my favorite thing is finding a Hubber with a great voice who writes really well. HP is awesome for that, and there are some really amazing writers!

3. faith_love_hope32 profile image60

I agree!  The more I explore, the more I love.

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

Up until fairly recently, I used to leave a window up.  I work on my own (for the most part), so I'd pop back on whenever I wanted a short break; or else I'd pop back and forth between here and somewhere else if I had to wait for someone/something.  I haven't had many projects over the Summer, so I've had days when I'm horrified to realize how much time I'll waste on here.  (lol)  BUT, then again, I've had stretches of days when all I do on here is look at my traffic, if that.  So it all evens out, I guess.   smile  As far as solid chunks of time that I devote to writing Hubs (or long forum posts) goes, most of the time it's really not a matter of hours per day.  It's more a matter of the occasional hour or two per week.  The rest of the time it's a matter of popping on for three minutes, fifteen minutes, etc.  You don't have to use up a lot of time "interacting".  Just a little here or there can be all you really need (and sometimes, VERY little).  One of the only reasons I've been leaving a forum window up is that it I'm always looking for some new thing that might show up.  (It's my form of "excitement" for an otherwise very unexciting day.)  I read other people's Hubs that show up in the feed and interest me, but that's, maybe, a few every week.  They don't take long.

For me, the only thing that really takes that solid chunk of uninterrupted time on here is Hub-writing.  Everything else can be done in snippets of minutes (unless, of course, you get bored - in which case you kill whole stretches of hours at a time on some very unproductive activity.   smile)  In fairness to myself, though, I gravitate toward the places that I think may give me ideas for Hubs or other writing somewhere else- which for me is the forums.  So it's not a complete time-waster.

Another helpful answer, thank you.  smile  This also sounds like something I could do.  I leave things open on my pc and go back and forth from doing things around the house to popping online to check something.  This is also a good idea.  smile

5. Zubair Ahmed profile image75
    Zubair Ahmedposted 11 years ago

HP is like going to the Gym for me, active and all interested for a few weeks then something else creeps in and I lapse spending any time on HP.  What I have found is that the more time I spend on it writing hubs and interacting the better my score and the more I earn.  The less time I spend those two items start to drop slowly.

Recently I have tried to keep a schedule of at least being active 1 - 2 times a week, that's manageable given my workload and lifestyle.

That's a very helpful answer, thank you for the feedback!  I'm trying to figure out how much time I should spend on here.  I think I'm the same way, has to be when I can find time.  But I'd like to try to squeeze in once a day.

6. samnashy profile image71
    samnashyposted 11 years ago

I joined a couple of months ago, wrote one hug and forgot all about it.  I only started writing again about a month ago.  I probably spend about 5-6 hrs a week, sometimes a bit more.  What I have realized is that I need to be more organized as I spend a lot of time just browsing, which isn't always a bad thing I guess.

That sounds reasonable.  Don't feel bad about forgetting that hub, I think I forgot my account for almost a year until 7 months ago.  Then I've check back from time to time.  Now I'm finally giving it the time I have time for if that makes sense.  smile

7. PositiveInsight profile image58
    PositiveInsightposted 11 years ago

I have been a member of hubpages for less than a week! But so far I have spent a decent amount of time writing my current hubs and drafting some new ones and to be honest I probably shouldn't be spending so much time on here given I also work plus I am a full time student...eek.

Yes, save most of your brains for school work!  smile  I did the same thing at first for the first 2 months and then got into website building.  Now I'm back to take it more seriously and give it the time it needs.  Thanks for the feedback!

8. dazzlede profile image60
    dazzledeposted 11 years ago

I had joined Hubpages 2 years back. I wrote a few hubs and then forgot about it until June/July this year.
    I think the time that I had joined I wasn't clear exactly what more I wanted to do here, but now I have targeted to write a hub every other week. I open my window next to facebook go back and forth between them. Sometimes it is only to look at the traffic my latest hub is attracting or my score smile, but now most of the time I answer questions and post questions that pop up in my mind. Hubbers are a very friendly bunch of people; another set of friends apart from FB smile.

Keep a target of how many hubs per week or per month you want. Do check out the question/answers because they inspire you to write on certain topics, and time your activities as when do you feel hubbers are most active on Hubpages. I do that a couple of times because, when you get a healthy response quickly it spurns you on to do something more and it all goes on to add value to your profile and also gets your brain cells ticking.

Thank you for the advice!  I actually have a list of things that I've been wanting to write about but have lacked the motivation to get going with it because my motivation goes in 50 million other directions.  I'm trying to aim for this direction now

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)