Christians, why are you not Muslim?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (107 posts)
  1. lovelyjubbly profile image69
    lovelyjubblyposted 11 years ago

Christians, why are you not Muslim?

I have already spoken to many Muslims about why they are not christian so now I wish to hear the other view. So far it seems Christians don't know much about Islam and when they learn about it along with the faults of christianity then they often convert; however, few convert to Christianity from Islam. My family are Christian and I have friends of all faiths so don't be offended, I am just interested in what people have to say

1. The0NatureBoy profile image55
      The0NatureBoyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am a Born Again Christian therefore I am Muslim, Atheist, Buddhist, Hindu and all other religions because to truly be one require one to be the others.

The same is true for religion and science because religion say faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen means one has to tare apart religious doctrines to find the core meaning behind it much like Isaiah 7:14-22 reads with my interpretations included.

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel [in man is God].
      15 Butter [civilization produced] and honey [environmentally produced] shall he eat [objectively practice], that he may know to refuse the evil [civilization], and choose the good [the environment].
      16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest
      [dread or afraid of] shall be forsaken of both her kings [God and Devil].
      17 The Lord shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.
      18 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall hiss for the fly that is in the uttermost part of the rivers of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.
      19 And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all bushes.
      20 In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard.
      21 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a man shall nourish a young cow, and two sheep;
      22 And it shall come to pass, for the abundance of milk that they shall give he shall eat butter: for butter and honey shall every one eat that is left in the land
      [after civilization terminates].

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 11 years ago

Here's my take on this.  Cultural Christians - those who have been raised with marginal belief in their faith - are much more likely to convert later in life to follow other faiths.  Those who truly 'believe' in Christianity, meaning that they believe that Jesus is indeed the son of God, and not just a prophet - rarely leave.  In that case, it becomes far more than a simple change in religious philosophy.  Hope that's a bit helpful.

lovelyjubblyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, thank you. It seems easier to grow up a cultural christian and almost have blind faith than in Islam.. I have never met a blind following Muslim - there are too many obligatory practices that you really need to believe to follow them.

2. dianetrotter profile image60
      dianetrotterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on reasoning.  I'd like to add that cultural Christians do not have the "heart" faith that born again believers have.  Sleeping in the garage does not a car make.  Going to church does not a Christian make.

3. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

I am Muslim, as you said they learn and convert. After doing some research into the religion, I realize the two are actually pretty close and changed.

I am very close to converting/reverting to Islam. I would be interested to speak to you!

2. lburmaster profile image72
      lburmasterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That sounds fine to me. Try e-mail. It should be on my account page.

4. Crissylite profile image77
    Crissyliteposted 11 years ago

I believe Jesus is the manifestation of God and that he is the Christ. I have called on the name of Jesus and witnessed his power in my life.

Perhaps that was coincidence? Perhaps not.. but have you ever considered it?

2. Crissylite profile image77
      Crissyliteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't belive they're coincidences. I'll write about it. There's power & in the name of Jesus. He's my lord, savior, & friend. Phillipians 2:5-11
      I've researched other faiths, but haven't considered anything esle because I truly believe in i

5. Ceegen profile image68
    Ceegenposted 11 years ago

Because even the Qu'ran teaches that Jesus is the Christ, and how is interesting, considering the rest of it goes on to deny that Jesus actually died on the cross.

Why does the Qu'ran say?

"And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Torah which is between my hands (musaddiqan lima bayna yadayya min al-tawrati), and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One. Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic." Surah 61:6.

He, Jesus (even by the standards of the Qu'ran, mind you), says that the "book between His hands" (the Torah, literally between His hands)! Not part of it, but all of it. The entire thing, "between His hands".

But is that all the Qu'ran says? Does it leave it at that? Certainly not!

The Qu'ran also says that Jesus was born of a virgin, whose name was Mary. I often ask Muslims what the point of being born of a virgin is, if Jesus has to come back and die an earthly death? Was the cross not good enough?

And that isn't all. They even go on to say that the "Injeel", or rather, what we know as the "Synoptic Gospels" - Four books that changed the world, is this:

"He has revealed to you the Book with truth, verifying that which is before it, and He revealed the Tawrat and the Indjil aforetime, a guidance for the people, and He sent the Quran." - Surah 3:3.

And this is where the dilemma suddenly appears:

1. Either the bible is true, and the Qu'ran is wrong...
    Or,
    2. The Qu'ran is true, which makes the bible true also.

But if the bible is true (#1), then the Qu'ran can't be true (#2).
    So the Qu'ran proves the bible as true if it is true, and it also proves itself wrong in the process.

So on a theological standpoint, it comes down to this... Did Allah lie, or did Muhammad? Because the Qu'ran can't be true.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this taken down almost as fast as I post it.

1. Ceegen profile image68
      Ceegenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow, lots of errors! Try to read through it. Sorry.

2. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You more or less cover (deeper) my findings.

The Torah and the Christian bible are conclusively by the same 'author' as they do not conflict each other, and in fact confirm each other,

The Q'ran is patently by a different 'author'.

3. lovelyjubbly profile image69

Why would I delete this? I said I was interested to hear different opinions.
      The Qur'an states that Jesus was a prophet, like Muhammad and the other prophets - equal. But not the son of God nor God himself. For some reason I have a character limit..

4. violetheaven profile image60
      violetheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Qur'an  denies Jesus as Gods son.   If you believe the Qur'an you believe the word was handed down from God/Allah to  Gabriel and then passed onto Muhammad though visions to scribe in order to pass it to the Pagan Arab people.

lovelyjubbly, that wasn't directed at you. I just wouldn't be surprised if it got reported or something petty. It hasn't been the first time it has happened to me.

6. violetheaven profile image60

Its the authenticity of the document.  If you believe the bible to be more correct and less corrupt than the Qur'an than your going to view the Qur'an as wrong.  And vice versa.  Its all very hard to explain here.

7. Ceegen profile image68

But I just proved that theory wrong, with what I wrote in the above answer to the question. Exactly what I proved.

8. violetheaven profile image60

No Ceegen you may want to reread.  You basically argue Islam as being wrong according to the Bible.  If the Qur'an is 100% true and only accepts a portion of the Bible to be true and good the portion that denies The Qur'an is corrupt.  Its about POV.

9. Ceegen profile image68

No, that's not true. Because if the Qu'ran is true, then it literally proves that the bible is what it says it is. The "book between his hands" (literally between his physical hands) is confirmed to be true. How can that be misinterpreted?

10. violetheaven profile image60

Because if the Qur'an is true than not all of the bible is correct. The Qur'an says that it itself is the only scripture not corrupted, that it needed to be written because all others were/are corrupt.

11. Ceegen profile image68

But that's been proven false, with things like the scroll of Isaiah discovery in the "dead sea scrolls". They are meticulously copied from generation to generation, done very strictly under supervision, to ensure that there are no errors or changes.

12. violetheaven profile image60

Well that doesn't matter to those who first accept the Qur'an.

13. Ceegen profile image68

Apparently it does:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXqZFiD34Wc

That was coming from a former Muslim, a lawyer even! He saw this, because being a lawyer, he saw the logical progression of evidence and where the texts lead to (theologically).

14. dianetrotter profile image60

I like it!

15. Mahmo profile image60
      Mahmoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Allah said in the Quran ( verse 4-136 Al-Nisa ) : O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His Messenger, and the scripture which He hath sent to His Messenger and the scripture which He sent to those before (him). Any who denieth Allah, His angels, Hi

16. Ceegen profile image68

But according to Mohammed, he never really did talk to God. He only received instruction from a mysterious "Gabriel" figure, who pretends to be from God. How do we know what this angel said, isn't just a bunch of lies, just to get people to fight?

6. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

I don't know enough about Islam, but I know that Mohammed was a great soul to be honored and respected.

I've studied Buddhism, even with Thai and Cambodian Buddhists, and Tibetan monks. I've also studied Scientology, Judaism and the Kabbalah.

I returned to Christianity, because I found in it someone who walked on water and wasn't showy about it. He taught the same lessons of Buddha and achieved the same miracles of Scientology and far more.

Have you ever read the Qur'an? I am just interested to know. Islam is very interesting when you learn a lot about it

Hi Lone77star, how do you know Mohammed was a great soul to be honored and respected.  I'm not saying he shouldn't.  I know absolutely nothing about him and believe all people should be respected.  I'd just like to know something about Mohammed.

7. violetheaven profile image60
    violetheavenposted 11 years ago

Yeshua.  At this point even mainstream Christianity has it wrong for me... and the stricter Christian faiths still too sexist and not having the correct Biblical perspective from what I have studied.  I have read the Qur'an and see its many points and similarities but don't like the associated sexism and biblical perspective for me either.  I could dig a super reformed Islam-Christian Hybrid that drops all the angst though.... but thats never going to happen.  So I'll stick to my Non-denominational Messianic-ness.

1. Ceegen profile image68

Jesus uplifted and honored women, but not more than men. We are equals in God's eyes. "Churches" have divided us into camps of either "for" or "against" women. A sad state of affairs indeed.

2. lovelyjubbly profile image69

I wonder if you need to read the Qur'an again for clarity. Islam emphasises equality, and gives many rights to women. It is a misconception (that even I held earlier) that Islam is sexist and oppresses women.

3. Ceegen profile image68

lovelyjubbly, I would seriously reconsider you do a bit more searching. Ones that aren't as "Islam-friendly". I can assure you, just a glance at the daily news can give you a glimpse into how Islam treats women: They get raped, and commit adultery?

4. lovelyjubbly profile image69

That is not an issue of the religion but more so the culture. If you read the Quran and know about Islam those kind of things are not permitted. Don't look at the followers look at the religion itself to get a clear view

5. ThompsonPen profile image66
      ThompsonPenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ceegan - It may not be the Qur'an which instills these actions, but the misinterpretation of it, just as many Christians have done similarly with the Bible in other aspects. And as lovelyjubbly said, the culture will have a strong influence as well

6. violetheaven profile image60

To clarify. The Qur'an and Sharia Law are two different things.  It is the culture that I'm not into. No where in the Qur'an does it condone violence w/women. Cultural standards and requirements don't mesh w/me.  Cultural reformation would do well.

7. Ceegen profile image68

No, the Qu'ran is pretty clear about violence, and any kind of it.

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dispatch … er-mosque/
      "The pinnacle of Islam, is Jihad."

They're only nice to women, until they run the country, and lying is a form of Jihad.

8. violetheaven profile image60

LOL  No use of trying to enlighten the brainwashed.

9. Ceegen profile image68

I don't doubt there are "good Muslims" out there, but most of them leave Islam, and lots of those turn to Jesus Christ, because they know His name by the Qu'ran. They know that the bible is confirmed by Mohammed as being a book that God sent.

10. lovelyjubbly profile image69

Ceegen-Where are you getting the idea that most leave Islam? I am just wondering if you have evidence or something of the sort. Also, Jihad refers more to the inner struggle with temptations from the devil etc.

Well said ThompsonPen & Violetheav

8. profile image53
    vashttii1posted 11 years ago

Muslims do not believe that jesus was Gods son, in their belief he was a prophet. And muslims feel that muhammad was the comforter fortold by jesus.And feel muhammad was the last and most important prophet. But the scripture they are referring to is at john 14:26. If you notice the latter part bring all things to your remembrance what so ever i have said unto you. What jesus taught is different than what is taught from the koran. If muhammad was to teach us and bring back to mind what jesus said while on earth we would not have difference in worshiping.

I am aware of that, and I am also aware of just why. They believe Jesus to be a prophet, equal to Muhammad.. they believe all the prophets to be equal.

2. faisalb87 profile image41
      faisalb87posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes.....

3. dianetrotter profile image60

Jesus' grave does not house his remains.  Muhammad's remains are there.  They cannot be equal in status.  Don't know about Qu'ran.  Was there any prophecy to proceed Muhammad?  Did he rise from his grave and then appear in the ?flesh before others.

4. lovelyjubbly profile image69

All the prophets are equal, so I believe. I think (though don't quote me) that Muslims do believe in the story of Jesus like you do.. as in, he will come back etc. Perhaps Jesus didn't actually die like people though? I need to look into this more

Soldiers pierced Jesus' side, then blood and water came out. That is what was observed. Some medical doctors have identified this as a massive heart failure of some kind. Jesus literally died of a broken heart, in being rejected even at the cross.

9. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

This is a very easy question to answer. Because I won't to go to Heaven. Any Muslim is not promised Heaven anywhere in the Qu'ran.

So, you're not seeking the truth, you are seeking what sounds nicer? I too think "why not be Christian, I'll go to heaven then', but you don't follow the religion with that sounds the nicest, you follow the one that is correct.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry I worded that wrong because I didn't want to debate this. I DO BELIEVE with all of my heart and soul Jesus Christ died on the cross for ALL of our sins. We have to accept him into our hearts and strive to live a life pleasing to God.

10. faisalb87 profile image41
    faisalb87posted 11 years ago

There are many misunderstandings between Christians and Muslims so if we read our books and try to understand them then we can find this Answer.

11. profile image70
    grumpiornotposted 11 years ago

Not quite in answer to your question, but more an answer to the comments on it:
    Why is each faith necessarily right or wrong. Can't they both co-exist?
    I live in a very culturally divided country and the biggest problem is not that there are different cultures, or even the fact that they are enormously different in many respects.
    The problem is that the two larger and "dominant" cultures cannot co-exist in mutual respect, regardless of their differences.
    Frankly, a lack of respect from any culture or religion towards another is intolerable and only demonstrates their insecurity or inadequacy.
    Conversion is a personal choice and in no way illustrates the superiority of one over the other, merely which is more appropriate for the individual concerned. I do understand that your question was not intended to provoke that issue.

1. ThompsonPen profile image66
      ThompsonPenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's a matter of which faith rings truer to each individual's heart. There is no correct one, once it is all stripped down, the core belief to most religions is just to love. And as long as we follow the loving aspect then there is not wrong path smile

2. WebsiteConfetti profile image59
      WebsiteConfettiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

well put ThompsonPen.

3. lovelyjubbly profile image69

Thank you for your input. Very insightful

12. StandingJaguar profile image67
    StandingJaguarposted 11 years ago

I have tried to read the Quran and was never able to understand it. Perhaps it was not a good translation (or I needed more footnotes!). However I do own a very interesting (if dry) book titled "Jesus in the Quran" by Geoffrey Parrinder.

I am not a Muslim because:
    1) I don't know enough about it to consider converting,
    2) I honor my roots in Christianity and Judaism (which I consider the precursor, or "same author" as someone said before), and so am not very interested in leaving,
    3) as I understand it (though I don't claim this is definite), Judaism was for a chosen group of people, and then Jesus was sent to tell his disciples to baptize "all nations". Muhammed was sent to to Arab peoples. I am neither Hebrew nor Arab, therefore the word of God was given to me thanks to Jesus, therefore I honor him as my lord.

I consider Judaism, Christianity, and Islam to all be the worship of the one, the true, and the same God. Yes, I am aware that they do not mesh on all details. Obviously members of either can abuse it, and their worship of God is questionable. For those who worship Him and do not hate their fellow humans, I am not offended.

People tend to convert when they know a lot so perhaps that's why :-) but it's no problem.. personal choice

2. StandingJaguar profile image67
      StandingJaguarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Does not the Quran tell Muslims to treat "people of the Book" (Jews, Christians, Sabians) with respect? Doesn't this imply that there is no need or direction from God for these people to convert to Islam?

13. dianetrotter profile image60
    dianetrotterposted 11 years ago

I believe the Bible is the inerrant Word of God.  I grew up in church.  My father was a pastor.  I played piano in church.  None of that made me a Christian.  At 27 years old I felt the Holy Spirit tugging at my heart.  I accepted Christ.  There are many religions.  At various times I have read or heard about them.  Why not Buddhism or Jehovah's Witness?

I want to look into those religions too. Thank you for your comment :-)

14. Saved by Jesus profile image58
    Saved by Jesusposted 11 years ago

Because God called me to salvation through the Holy Spirit.   I was in a bad time in life, and I sat down and asked God to forgive me, and I had an incredible thing happen to me-God's Spirit came upon me and I literally felt Him enter my heart.  I saw visions of Jesus Christ on the cross, had an incredible love for Him, and everything in me was turned to Him.  Everything about me and my old lifestyle changed in a split second.  I know, without a doubt that I was "born again" and was a "new creation in Christ" and that all my sins had been forgiven because of His shed blood for me.  The Quran teaches salvation by works, and Muslims have no assurance of their salvation.  I know, because of what the Bible says, and also by the revelations and visions that my Lord has given me, that Jesus bore my sins and I am forgiven for that reason-it all rests on Jesus, not me or my own works-because I would surely mess that up somehow. lol.   He has been teaching me, leading me, and guiding me ever since.  I could never forsake my Lord by turning to another religion.

1. dianetrotter profile image60

Excellent testimon Saved by Jesus

dianetrotterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Praise God!  I started writing a lot but hit the wrong button!.  I accepted Christ as my Savior also.

15. lovelyjubbly profile image69
    lovelyjubblyposted 11 years ago

That's really good for you @Saved by Jesus, however, why is it that other have similar experiences but feel the call from Allah? You can't both be right... but you are both sure you're right and have been called to the right religion.
    The thing about visions is that people often will things and they can happen, and referring to Hare's idea of a blick.. being exposed to images of Jesus on the cross and hearing stories about visions, it can influence what we see. Wishful thinking in times of desperation.
    Kind of unrelated but is it really fair for Jesus to bare the sins of all men, and because of that we are allowed entry to paradise? Shouldn't all man be accounted for by his own merit...? Just a thought. I am in no way saying you shouldn't believe in what you believe.

No each man is not able to be good enough. We are all human and have sinful desires.  Murder is extreme but what about jealousy, pride, greed, backstabbing, etc.  Some people don't have a problem with it but in God's eyes it is sin.

2. lovelyjubbly profile image69

What do you mean?? LJ

16. profile image0
    matama ellieposted 11 years ago

I do not remember much about the Koran but i do remember the verse about respecting the people of the Book(Jews and Christians) .And no, i have never read it, someone(A Muslim) wrote something about it.(if i am wrong about that, someone please correct me, politely off course).

This is what i think though.Most people(Including me) usually practice the faith they were raised in.As you grow older though, you have to make the right decision for yourself based on what you know, have read and heard.

In Kenya, Muslims and Christians marry, not all the time but some of the time.People fight along tribal lines but never along religious ones and i thank God for that.I personally was raised to respect my faith and that of other people.

You have a right to try to change people's mind but no right to bad-mouth their faith(unless they commit criminal acts based on their faiths).

I have seen Christians invited to the Id celebrations just as i have seen Muslims celebrating Christmas.I have also seen Muslim leaders go and pray in church when some of the churches in Mombasa were burn by Al Shabaab sympathizers as a way of promoting peace.
    I guess what matters in the end is what is in the heart (According to the Bible, God will judge based on how much we knew of him and how we lived our lives based on that knowledge-this covers even those who have never heard about God and Jesus.)
    It is therefore my opinion that people stop killing each other in God's name because God is not like that.Everyone should just try and co-exist and stop yapping so much without even bothering to find out what other faiths entail.

You are right about respecting people of other faiths being in the Quran.

Thank you for your words - they are lovely and insightful
      Exactly!

17. profile image53
    CTASCHITAposted 11 years ago

Mostly of us are from the same religion that our parents and grandparents are, we decided to follow the same steps related to religion, for example: My parents were catholic and I am catholic because I grew up in a catholic home." But some people after grew up, decide to experience other religions for the need to get satisfaction in their life, finding God in their ways.

Hi Ctashita, Catholicism is considered Christianity as are protestant denominations because of the beliefs about Jesus Christ.  My dad was Methodist.  My mom was Baptist.  I planned to be Catholic.  I'm non-denominational but all of them are Christia

18. Mark O Richardson profile image83
    Mark O Richardsonposted 4 years ago

What I have a hard time with is not allowing people to leave Islam. Am I wrong? Shouldn't people have the freedom to choose?

Yes.  A relationship with God should be free will.  Anytime someone feels they need to kill you, stay as far as the east is from the west from that relition.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Muslims is far less free than Chritstains.

I am more free, from being unattached from Religion all together.

Hi Castle!  Long time!  I'll bet you are not more free than me!  It sounds like we both feel good where we are right now.

Happy to hear from someone who is cheerful and grateful as you Diane.

I am free from any fear of God, Satan or hell. Or free to choose my imagination as the closest thing to being Godlike. For none of the other millions of Gods can lead me better than me.

I am, so beautiful, to me.
            Can't you seeeee eee
            I am everything I hope for, Everything I can be.
            You know the song, just change one word.

From traveling 100 countries. As an agnostic, don't think I would of been free enough to talk to all the Muslims, Hindu and Buddhist as I did because their aim was to steal my soul too.  Just like my last few christain girlfriends who dumped because I couldn't be saved.

A hell of alot of conditions for God's love, I got my own free will anyways. It would only make God laugh, if I told him my plans.

You are not free to not die.  It sounds like I have the same freedoms you do.  I choose not to recognize  a million false gods.  THat would be ridiculous.  I am blessed to have loving and compassionate friends and God who loves me, even with all of my faults.

What qualities would you choose if you desired to make yourself  godlike?

Looking at Yahweh hypocrites rap-sheet.  I know many things that are not Godlike. More people have been killed in God's name than for any other reason for 1000s of years.

Most major quality about me, to being Godlike. Is you can physically see me. Sasquatch and Aliens are more probable than Yahweh to exists.

I dream for a living with deadlines. Have a 80% successful achieved rate of my desired for the pass 40 years. How many prayers has Yahweh achieved for you?

To be Godlike, I layout very simplified rules.
                1. No harm
                2. Be honest.
                If you break either these two rules, I will come down and say STOP IT.

YAHWEH Rules are impossible like commandments & scriptures. They emprison in jail's and conflicts more of their own members than non believers.

Not jealous of any other gods or persons, so childish. No reason to fight anyone over supremacy. Maybe gods wish to be me. I love being me first.

2. The0NatureBoy profile image55

Once I complete my human status I will become an intermingle of all God with the ability to manifest as whichever one there is the need for.

You will become a super natural hero and friends.

How do you know.  What are the qualifications?

If you sacrifice your life for another.
                    Dose God slingshot you into heaven?

The qualifications is to be born again with a life like the wind (John:3-8) and learning to live environmentally. That is also how anyone will know, they will be circumspect to the world's way of life.

I was raised Christian then the teachings in Isaiah 7:14-22 signified I should follow no man but to chose to live environmentally (honey producer) and civilized (butter producer) to survive the end of this world so I learned to live with only a minimum of civilization's requirements. Now live as minimally as the law allows while awaiting further internal guidance. I was told from my own heart to remain here indefinitely as I have a mission here to achieve so I'm only follow that guidance.

What is your mission?

Presently, my mission is to share what and how I did it which is to turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers lest the earth be smitten with a curse. That curse is no man at all will survive the end of civilization that, as prophecy interprets, happens no later than 2028 and is seen how in https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … ime-Is-It.

1. Mark O Richardson profile image83
            Mark O Richardsonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Have you done a lot of family history/genealogy?

No, genealogy isn't my thing. I did have a cousin who followed my Mother's family but I don't know just how far. I do know my mother's grandmother via my grandmother was of Jewish descent. Spirit has informed me that I have all four of the major ethnics, African, American natives, Asian and European Jew. Still that matters not to me, I am who I am and that's all I am.

1. Mark O Richardson profile image83

There are many interesting things that you can find about your history. I found that many men in my ancestry had died at a younger age, leaving their family to press on without them. It makes me want to be a better husband and father for that reason.

The most recent history of your family tree is the closest to your own DNA.

Your parents is the most important history you can ever learn and it is in each one of our lives. The further we go back in our family tree the less connected it is in your DNA.

Can you put in laymean's terms please.  What issue or circumstance are you speaking of.  Does Isaiah 7 have more significance than the rest of Isaiah or other books of the Bible.  How do you know?

If you want to know the circumstances read the link, Dianetrotter. 

The way interpret the symbols in Isaiah 7, it is the same as Genesis 2:24, 3:24 and John 3:3-8 which are all the first instructions given to human for them to become man again as (https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … en-Virgins) reveals why. Someone's first instructions sets the foundation for all other instructions is how I know, therefore, yes, they do have more significance than the others.

I read it.  I have no idea of what you are talking about.

You will have to learn to digest the air, food and water you ingest for yourself, no one else can do it for you.

That's real helpful!  Thank you!

2. Mark O Richardson profile image83

Isaiah is significant because it prophesies of the Messiah, who Christians believe to be Jesus Christ

I'm a Christian and I know about Old Testament prophecy pointing to the coming of Jesus Christ.  NatureBoy's use of Scripture is what I'm trying to understand.  It seems like a mishmosh with his spin on whatever.

19. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 4 years ago

I'm not Muslim primarily because Islam does not allow freedom of thought, freedom of conscience, freedom to choose your own wardrobe, freedom of speech or freedom to choose one's own sexual orientation.

Islam is stagnant. Stuck in medieval thought.

20. modernalchemyst profile image90
    modernalchemystposted 4 years ago

The penalties that are still imposed for being lgbt in many countries where Islam is the official religion were enough for me to decide it wasn't truth when I was researching years ago.

A death penalty of any kind is part of the mental illness.

Although Christain countries have LGBT Illegal equally in both Religious deminate countries. It is a religious problem not a gay problem.

21. modernalchemyst profile image90
    modernalchemystposted 4 years ago

Agreed that the death penalty is abhorrent under any terms. But all of the 8 countries where execution is still permitted for the "crime" of existing while lgbt, are predominantly Muslim, and under Islamic law. I don't think the majority of Muslims support this by any means, and those I know are very progressive, tolerant people. There is also bigotry and cruelty in every country, but the vast majority of "Christian countries" don't criminalize lgbt in any way that is actually enforced. Russia is one of the more extreme in that regard, and I think if most of us were being honest, we would feel safer there than a country under Islamic law. I truly hope that changes, though! I fear and pray for my lgbt brothers and sisters under oppression in any country.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/96298/the-cou … ll-illegal

This is a list of who makes lgbt from light illegal up to the offenders of death penalties.

Many of the African countries are mix equal Christains and Muslims. Mostly all Atlantic and Pacific islands are Christains.

Yes, Muslims do give the worst penalties.

I think Christian countries is an oxymoron.  God wants a 1:1 relationship with us not a relationship sanctioned by the country.  The Bible is what Christian should follow in obedience to Christ.  We are instructed to obey the laws of the land except where the laws call on us to sin.

Unfortunately, there are bigots who profess to be Christian.  I suppose it is a way for them to try to show their superiority or legitiize their hatred.

The Bible lays out what sins are.  He does not call us to exact punishment or to even judge other people.  God's desire is that people accept His love.  Calling out others and trying to turn people against them is hypocrisy.  Hypocrisy is a sin also.

Tell me honestly.

Can you imagine just One world Religion for the entire planet?

I don't think there should be a world religion (perio"t").  Faith is individual and personal.  It should not be part of government.

When you 95% Judeo/Christains in US Congress, you have a Government called God.

When WG Bush has his God telling him he must invade Iraq then his little dog confirms it, you got a match made in Hell.

Congress is not 95% Judeo/Christian.  I can park in a garage and say I'm a car.  that doesn't make it true.  I fly all over the US buy I'm not a bird.  My point is that people are opportunitsts.  They say what they need to say to get support.

GW Bush was given bad intel.  I understand that Cheney and others were involved in crafting that.  Good people do bad things all the time.  God knew it was impossible for us to be perfect as He is.  Because He is just, He sent His Son to take punishment for our sins.  THey are still sins and when we ask forgiveness He forgives us.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)