Would you rather be a famous singer or actor/actress?

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Sunshine625 profile image86
    Sunshine625posted 11 years ago

Would you rather be a famous singer or actor/actress?

2. Hezekiah profile image84
    Hezekiahposted 11 years ago

Definitely an actor, why? A longer carer and no need to keep up with the changing music / fashion each decade.

Sunshine625posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good point! I'm looking forward to your movie debut! smile

3. Alecia Murphy profile image71
    Alecia Murphyposted 11 years ago

I would say singer. As a writer, I relate to the words and sentiments of music better than anything.  Some artists know how to write for everyone. For instance, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, and others have a way of knowing what people want to hear. Not only that you live in people's memories longer. I listen to music everyday but most movies I only watch a couple of times.
    Acting is not only ridiculously competitive, but if you're a woman and over a certain age you have a tendency to get pigeonholed and stereotyped as a mom, teacher, or something along those lines. It's slowly getting better but I feel more could be done.

I'd pick the singer also. I think it would be much more exciting to watch thousands of people singing along to your music during a concert! Wouldn't that be awesome! smile

2. Alecia Murphy profile image71
      Alecia Murphyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think so. I love hearing a crowd singing an aritst's song.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I would want to be a character actress--where people enjoy your performance but don't really know your name.  Fame is a scary thing in this day and age and I would hate to give up my privacy.

5. JKenny profile image89
    JKennyposted 11 years ago

Alecia makes a good point about singers being able to express themselves through the written word, which is relevant to us. But I'd rather be an actor, I'd love the variation of the work, one minute I'm playing a cop, then a pilot, then a cowboy, then a comic book hero- that would be awesome. Although if I was ever approached by George Lucas to star in one of his films, I'd probably turn him down hehehehe!

6. Daisy Mariposa profile image74
    Daisy Mariposaposted 11 years ago

I'm a writer and I think in terms of words...the written word, the spoken word...books, short stories, poems, plays, movies, television.

I would rather be an actress. My career would have the potential for lasting much longer.

When on a stage, whether it be for a concert or theater performance, one can't see the audience due to the brightness of the stage lights. If I were a movie actress, I could enter a movie theater in disguise and watch the audience reaction to my work.

7. Jools99 profile image88
    Jools99posted 11 years ago

I love music but would much rather be an actress because I don't think I could cope with all of the touring and partying.  I would like to be a character actress so that when I get more wrinkles, grey hair and my figure is more of a figure 8 I would still get parts yikes)

Great question!

8. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Linda Sue...Why do you insist on making me THINK so hard?   OK....I'd say I'd prefer to be a famous singer.  Basically, we can all manage to be great actors on the big stage of life!   You know...we gotta do what we gotta do...
    I like music so much, it just seems natural to want to be able to SING!!  I understand you sing beautifully....you should do a You tube video of you and Keith singing a duet!!......C'mon.  I need entertainment!!    Peace GF.

I'll look into that Effer. I think Keith Urban is a bit busy with American Idol, but maybe he could spare Sunshine a few minutes of his time smile

9. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

I love music, especially light soulful music and I like to sing as well. I have given many stage performances and I love the instant positive response of the live audience. Music is so relaxing and brings you close to the divine. Whereas acting  I feel is much more difficult. So, singer is my preference.

10. Jordanwalker39 profile image67
    Jordanwalker39posted 11 years ago

I would say a singer, because you see a lot of talented singers get into films, not so much the other way around. I do not know why, but that seems to be how it goes. So yes I would be a singer and then hope to jump into films as well.

11. NiaG profile image84
    NiaGposted 11 years ago

I'd say actor. You can let all your different sides come out. I think there's more versatility in it.

12. jenbeach21 profile image68
    jenbeach21posted 11 years ago

I wish I could sing. As someone who is not the least bit talented in that area, I wish I possesed that talent. I think acting can be learned more than singing can. Either you have a good voice or you don't.

13. lburmaster profile image71
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Singer. I've always enjoyed singing and love to sing in front of others.

14. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

Can I say a singing actor?  I always have trouble choosing from menus, that's why my husband doesn't like to take me out to eat.  Growing up my mother always told me I was Sara Bernhardt (there was a great actress with that name years ago), however, I love to sing and the words to the songs can mean so much.

So, can I be a singer on Broadway where I have to sing and act?

A singing actor you shall be! Good luck! smile

15. Docmo profile image91
    Docmoposted 11 years ago

A defining moment of my life was my transition from a shy, introverted, bookish schoolkid who never spoke much ( true!) who used to write stories and plays. A play I wrote for my class performance in assembly was about  to be staged when on the day, the lead character threw a sickie. As the only person who knew the lines was the poor sod who wrote them ( moi!) I was thrown into the lions den by default. Hand shaking, stomach churning walk into the stage and facing an audience of the whole school was a nightmare which soon turned into a dream when they laughed and clapped and cheered as soon as I spoke my lines. I never looked back I thought while being an introvert has its virtues ( I still love my private moments) being on stage is far more fun.

So like Mar, can I cheat and be an actor who also sings and writes? :-P

Absolutely Doc, you could be both! smile

2. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Linda Sue...that dang Pig Sty...he done already recorded a song.....don't let him fool ya!!

3. Sunshine625 profile image86

You are correct Effer! He's now going to share a karaoke video. I'll keep you posted. I bet he won't do it! Haha!

16. Ky4KeithUrban profile image61
    Ky4KeithUrbanposted 11 years ago

I pick a singer then I would get to meet the singers I love!! smile

Wouldn't that be awesome!

17. Nell Rose profile image91
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

Hi Linda, I have always had a secret yearning for being an actress. I think it started out when I used to dance when I was a little tiddler! lol! we did a lot of stage work, but I left early and always regretted it. So yes thats me, an actress!

18. jeolmoz2 profile image57
    jeolmoz2posted 11 years ago

Neither! I want to be Mark Zuckerberg smile

19. tussin profile image58
    tussinposted 11 years ago

Actor.  Singers become washed out and reduced to judging talent shows.  Actors can keep on acting until they're 100.

20. midget38 profile image87
    midget38posted 11 years ago

A singer. Comfortable with that because of my background in music.

21. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

Singer for sure. Why? it sees some singers can cross over into the film industry with ease but not the other way around. As I am writing, now I don't think they are true singers, J-Lo, rappers. However, when I do catch a glimpse of a reality show (due to my kid) they are entertaining on the silver screen.
    OTOH, there are some actors I just love to watch.

22. keithgurl29 profile image60
    keithgurl29posted 11 years ago

Well Linda,
    I'd rather be a Famous Singer.
    Because I really love to sing.
    Great Question Linda!

I bet you'd like to be a back-up singer for Keith Urban!

23. austinhealy profile image73
    austinhealyposted 11 years ago

Being famous absolutely doesn't interest me. But I wouldn't mind being a successful writer if I could. In other words, I'd rather be on the other side of the camera

24. joytruthlove profile image61
    joytruthloveposted 11 years ago

i would be an actor...I think it would be fun to portray a variety of characters... I think I would like to play something I am not....like on the show once upon a time...or something totally different

25. profile image52
    Whytewulphposted 11 years ago

I would say singer because I can write my own songs which people may be able to relate to. I feel that music is a great way to express ones self to the world. There are many types of musicians in the world. There are the ones who like to please the masses and there are the ones who are more intimate with their music. For example groups like N'SYNC, Backstreet Boys and several others like to please larger froups of people. There are people like Whitney Houston, Janet Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Frankie Avalon who are much more personal with their music but still have a huge impact on people with their music.
    Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with being an actor or actress but people don't relate to them as well as they do with singers.

26. Annemari profile image59
    Annemariposted 11 years ago

I would rather be a singer.
    Because It ies easy and you can get a good income.

27. Prisana profile image82
    Prisanaposted 7 years ago

Neither. Being famous is too high of a price to pay. I love being able to go anywhere and remain anonymous. If I had to be famous, than I would want to be a famous singer. Love singing with a band. Actors change "families" from series to series, or film to film. Singers, usually remain with their band mates for most of their career.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)