Do you think that any Bible prophcies have been fullfiled?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (71 posts)
  1. Highvoltagewriter profile image67
    Highvoltagewriterposted 11 years ago

Do you think that any Bible prophcies have been fullfiled?

I have read in a few hubs that none of the Bibical prophocies have come to pass...What do you think?

2. Ms Dee profile image85
    Ms Deeposted 11 years ago

Sure! For example, the vision Daniel saw of a ram with two horns is a prophesy fulfilled after his time (Daniel 8:3-4). Identification of the ram as the Medo-Persian Empire that overcame the Babylonian Empire is made by the angel Gabriel in Daniel 8:20. Next, the vision Daniel saw foretells the transition from this empire to the Greek Empire of Alexander. This next empire is represented by a shaggy goat with one large horn. The prominent horn represents Alexander the Great. See Daniel 8:5-7. Alexander is seen utterly destroying the Medo-Persian ram. Then, there is Ezekiel 37, fulfilled in more recent times with the UN's decree establishing the nation of Israel in 1947. These are just a few examples.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good stuff, Ms Dee. :0)

2. Ms Dee profile image85
      Ms Deeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, CJ!

3. Highvoltagewriter profile image67
      Highvoltagewriterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Excelent answer....I plan to do a Hub on the differance between true prophets and false prophets and I wanted other people's views before I did so.

4. Ms Dee profile image85

Highvoltagewriter, that sounds like it will be a very interesting hub.

3. teacherjoe52 profile image61
    teacherjoe52posted 11 years ago

Wow, I could spend a day expaining Bible prophecies that came true and are coming true today.
    http://www.bible-history.com   is a good place to go and see for yourself.

That is a great site! It will be very valuable for research!

2. teacherjoe52 profile image61
      teacherjoe52posted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you like that why not try http://www.answersingenesis.org. I like the video's and http://www.godandscience.org

4. safiq ali patel profile image67
    safiq ali patelposted 11 years ago

I think bible prophesy is coming alive daily. But I think that are many more lifetimes yet to come before the ultimate end that is forecast in the Bible.

5. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

I am not aware of any Biblical prophesies that have not been fulfilled. 2,000 years after Christ's resurrection and ascension is a LONG time to still be looking for signs and wonders.

1. lone77star profile image71
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

To God, 2000 years is a "blink of an eye."

2. profile image0

But, we are not talking about how God sees it...we are talking about how mankind sees it. When speaking to mankind, the Almighty never uses His heavenly time table...it is always our own. God speaks to us on our terms, so we understand His meaning.

6. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

The rebirth of Israel was implied by Revelation. That's done.

And in 1986, the Great Star named Chernobyl ("wormwood" in Ukrainian) spread its pestilence across a third of the old world. Interesting to note that stars are "light-weight" nuclear reactors (hydrogen to helium; fusion), while man-made nuclear reactors are made with heavy ("great") elements (plutonium; fission).

A year or so before 9/11, one of the Rockefellers mentioned to the late Aaron Russo about a big event that would give "us" Iraq and Afghanistan, plus a lucrative and never ending "war on terror." The ultimate goal of that "big event" was to get everyone "microchipped." (In another Hub question, someone was asking about the government's plans to have everyone implanted with the RFID chip.) This would give the Rockefellers and their thugs complete control over the population. This is Revelation 13's "mark of the beast" without which we will be unable to perform any kind of commerce. Taking this "mark" is automatically condemned. Though this hasn't happened, yet, the Rockefellers have made it known it's their intent (making them the beast?), and one NBC news program projected that everyone will be chipped by 2017.

I had always thought the United States would be a force for good in the upcoming Armageddon. But the way the Constitution is being shredded and America is attacking other nations, plus creating a false flag operation (9/11) to justify attacking Iraq and Afghanistan, I've lost all hope in America being the "good guys" in the upcoming fight between good and evil.

1. profile image0

"The rebirth of Israel was implied by Revelation"? Please illuminate me.

2. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

My own take CJ, is that Israel is the main focus of the drama that unfolds in Revelation. How could this come to pass if Israel was not a country?

3. profile image0

Israel already had its day in the sun and already fulfilled its destiny with Revelation. We are now already 1,942 years after the fact. I believe we are living in what the Bible refers to as the "age to come".

4. PlanksandNails profile image79
      PlanksandNailsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

CJ,

Are you a preterist?

5. James-wolve profile image74
      James-wolveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

KJV Bible, Matthew  21:43 and  according to the Apocalypse of Peter, this nation would come from the Arabs.What other nation beside the modern Muslims of today bow down to GOD Almighty in the most proper way?

6. profile image0

Planks...I am a Bible-believing follower of Yeshua and student of history. I don't follow misguided notions from the pulpit or from those who pick and choose what words they want to follow. What they follow is church traditions...I follow Christ.

7. PlanksandNails profile image79

Fair enough.The reference to AD 70 event  was why I asked the question.Unfortunately, the comment section leaves little room to flesh out the differing perspectives.Maybe there is a hub in the making.What do you think? Prophecy can be "perplexing"smile

8. James-wolve profile image74

Prophecy was never "perplexing".It s we who take one verse, or a partial verse; or even a loose translation of the Bible out of context in order to twist the words to find prophetic statements within or to legitimate wars against innocent nations.

9. PlanksandNails profile image79

James wolve,

If prophecy wasn't "perplexing" then there wouldn't be so many differing opinions on it.The answers posed here is evidence of that. If you are claiming you have all the answers concerning Biblical prophecy, the by all means write a hub.

10. James-wolve profile image74

I write when I want  ,plus I don t claim that I know all the answers concerning Biblical prophecy:)

11. profile image0

Planks: I've been flirting with the idea of writing a few hubs, explaining the erroneous concept of the "rapture", the truth about Armageddon and the true date of Revelation. I'm working on a couple projects already, so it'll have to wait its turn.

12. James-wolve profile image74

Besides,the birth of  Israel is not a prophecy .It is a thorn in the Arabs world flesh.The land ,according to the Bible, that was promised to the descendants of Abraham was located between the river Euphrates and the river Nile in Egypt Genesis15:18.

7. SwordofManticorE profile image68
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

Yes, Christ's second coming and the end of the age of the old covenent.

1. profile image0

I can get behind you on those two counts. :0)

2. James-wolve profile image74

All religions of  the world believe in the coming of savoir.

8. cuttler profile image60
    cuttlerposted 11 years ago

Am not so conversant with biblical prophecies but one thing am sure of is that the wrld is falling apart. Diseases with no cure, extreme natural calamities, famine wars...all these were prophesised in the bible and have come to pass. Which leaves me with a question, is this the end of the world?

1. profile image0

Not likely, my friend. These things have been going on for thousands of years and almost every generation thinks they are the last.

9. profile image0
    LIL-ANGEL-WINGSposted 11 years ago

Daily it is being fullfilled. We are but a breath to God and yes, in a blink of an eye we are here and gone. God's definition of time is not ours. He is not slow, He has given us another day to repent. He Loves all His children and does not want even one to perish. What kind of a Shepherd would not go look for a lost sheep?

10. PlanksandNails profile image79
    PlanksandNailsposted 11 years ago

We might be seeing one right in front of our eyes. The Gentile nations that surround Israel today are the ones spoken of in Psalm 83. It speaks of a coming major war in the Middle East. The birth pangs are coming into fruition right now with tensions mounting with Israel and the surrounding major players.

Psalm 83 references.

Tents of Edom = Palestinian Refugees and Southern Jordanians
    Ishmaelites = Saudi Arabians
    Moab = Palestinian Refugees and Central Jordanians
    Hagrites = Egyptians
    Gebal = Northern Lebanese
    Ammon = Palestinian Refugees and Northern Jordanians
    Amalek = Arabs of Sinai south of Israel
    Philistia = Hamas of Gaza Strip and Palestinian Refugees
    Tyre = Hezbollah and the Southern Lebanese
    Assyria = Syrians, Moab, Ammon and Northern Iraq (?)

There was a joint military simulation with the U.S. and Israel in preparation from an all out missile attack. Read verses 4 and 5 from the Psalm 83, it is happening right now. Google Earth the area and read the world news headlines and connect the dots.

1. profile image0

I do not believe anything happening in the Middle East right now has anything to do with the Bible or Biblical prophecy.

2. PlanksandNails profile image79

There is a war  that is coming that will precede Gog/ Magog; Zephaniah 2  alludes to an Iranian plot/Arabian alliance against Israel. I believe the things are ramping up to it unfolding before our eyes because of the ripe conditions for it happening.

3. Ms Dee profile image85

I believe what most conservative scholars argue, that this psalm does not contain a prophecy but is a lament for a nation, Israel; as it manifests several characteristics common to laments in other psalms and other parts of the Bible.

4. James-wolve profile image74

@PlanksandNails,aren t Gog/ Magog defeated by  Bush?

5. PlanksandNails profile image79

My take is that Gog/Magog are a Islamic confederacy of Nations that attack Israel in the Last Days.

6. James-wolve profile image74

It s your own interpretation,th book of Ezekiel doesn t say that.Before invading Iraq,Bush said t th President Jacques Chirac that he saw "Gog and Magog at work".In the 70s and 80s,Gog was meant to be Russia,Ronald Reagan seems to have believed that.

7. Ms Dee profile image85

I believed what a broad range of sources spanning Church history say, that Gog is the Antichrist and he will come from Turkey or from just over the border in Syria.

8. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

Really Jc? I do, strongly!

9. profile image0

The beloved crisis of "Armageddon" has come and gone...many, many years ago. The kings of the north marched with the Romans upon Jerusalem from 63-70 A.D. I am sorry, my friend, The "Anti-Christ" is already defeated and Armageddon has already passed.

10. SwordofManticorE profile image68
      SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you CJ

11. actionbronson profile image60
    actionbronsonposted 11 years ago

I think many coincidences are occurring but I would not call them "bible prophecies". Many different religions have many similar prophecies.

What religions are these, and what are the prophcies?

2. James-wolve profile image74

The Quran contains many prophecies that have been fulfilled.Quran 30:2-4:.this verse revealed to Mohamed (a.s) in 617,which  prophesies  the future Roman victory within ten years over Persians.In 627,Heraclius defeated Persian Zoroastrians

3. SwordofManticorE profile image68

The quran is a book written by a man whos only desires were power, wealth and very young girls. Leave your religion please out of Christian theology.

4. James-wolve profile image74

Firstly,my friend.You did a big mistaken when you said Quran is written by a man.That man is illiterate.which means plainly  unable to read or write .You d leave CNN,FOX and oriental studies  and read what great unbiased philosophers say about him.

5. SwordofManticorE profile image68

if you say so.

12. James-wolve profile image74
    James-wolveposted 11 years ago

I see here some hubbers talking about the birth of Israel as one of Bibical prophocies.So my answer will be focused on this issue.First of all,let us start with KJV Bible, Matthew 21:43:
    Jesus said to the Jews: "Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof
    According to the Apocalypse of Peter, this nation would come from the Arabs. What other nation beside the modern Muslims Glorify GOD Almighty in their 5-daily Prayers, and fast the Month of Ramadan for Him?

Let's look at what GOD Almighty said about Ishmael, the father of the Muslims: "And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed;..I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly..I will make him a great nation. But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year.The KJV Bible, Genesis 17:19-21

The Jews were GOD Almighty's chosen people:  "We did aforetime grant to the Children of Israel the Book the Power of Command, and Prophethood; We gave them, for Sustenance, things good and pure; and We favoured them above the nations.  (The Noble Quran, 45:16)"

But after they utterly failed with GOD Almighty and His Messengers (Not Moses ever liked their actions, nor Jesus ever liked them and their killings of the Prophets):
    the KJV Bible, Matthew 23:37
    the NIV Bible, Isaiah 48:6-9
    the NIV Bible, Isaiah 43:28
    the NIV Bible, Isaiah 50:11
    They became cursed, and GOD Almighty removed His Kingdom from them and gave it to another nation.  That nation is non other than the "blessed" Muslims who came from the "blessed" Ishmael.
    The liars of the NIV Bible had inserted a forgery into their English translation.  In Genesis 16:11-12, they inserted a cheap name-calling "wild ass" for Ishmael, while the original scripts in the King James Version Bible called him "wild man":
    the KJV Bible, Genesis 16:11-12
    Ishmael was a wild man, and a "blessed" one by GOD Almighty (Gen. 17:19-21).  He fought the pagan Arabs who practiced brutal slavery and degradation of women.  It was part of the pagan Arabs' custom to bury daughters alive at the age of 4, because a birth of a female brought shame to the family.  Many pagan Arabs used to practice it.
    Ironically, the New Jerusalem Bible also agrees with this ridiculous pagan practice: "....and the birth of ANY daughter is a loss.  (From the New Jerusalem Bible, Ecclesiasticus 22:3)"
    i dont see any Biblical prophecies are going to take place.

13. brblog profile image80
    brblogposted 11 years ago

Not really,

There are many vague and cryptic prophesies in the Bible – that is true. Ever since those prophesies were written, people have bent them and contorted them in many ways to try and match them up with events that have actually happened or about to happen. But these explanations really don’t hold up to scrutiny. I think it is only natural the people will want to find meaning in these things and I think they can - but literal meaning (as in historical events) – no.

14. annebcampbell profile image61
    annebcampbellposted 11 years ago

I am a minister in the Presbyterian Church, USA.  I have had three years of seminary training including extensive Bible study, including Hebrew and Greek.  If you are considering prophecies of the Christian Bible, consider Deuteronomy 13, which essentially says that if a prophecy comes true then you know the prophet to be true.  Prophecy, in the Bible, is meant as a call to repentance for the people who originally hear it.  The one biblical prophecy that matters to Christians is that Christ has come, that God became incarnate for us.  That there is resurrection.  No other prophecy is needed, and any hope that god will come again, and do it "right" this time, is unwarranted, and unbiblical.

1. James-wolve profile image74

Jesus in the Bible left no doubt that He will return again to complete His mission of salvation for mankind"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I WILL COME AGAIN, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John 14:3

2. SwordofManticorE profile image68

Christ's second coming happened already AD70.

3. Ms Dee profile image85

I believe and actually see throughout the Bible that there are many more prophecies about Christ's second coming than His first coming.

4. Highvoltagewriter profile image67

Then why does Jhon in Revelation, say "Come soon lord Jesus"? Is the book of Revelation  besides the point?

5. SwordofManticorE profile image68

"Come soon Lord Jesus" That is exactly what He did a couple of years latter with the destruction of Jerusalem.

6. profile image0

The Book of Revelation was written somewhere around 50 A.D. and is probably one of the very first New Testament Books, though it is listed last in the Biblical Canon. Paul even alludes to it in 2 Corinthians.

7. Ms Dee profile image85

Though some date Revelation earlier, the mid-90s has the stronger support and is the opinion held by the majority. Tradition says John was exiled to Patmos during Emperor Domitian's persecution, who ruled A.D. 81-96.

8. SwordofManticorE profile image68

Because most support the 90s is the reason why most dont understand its symbolic message.

9. profile image0

That's right, Sword! The only support for a 96 A.D. event is Origen, who seems to remember St. John being freed from Patmos under Nerva. At best, Origen's recollection is second-hand and evidence suggests that St. John may not be Revelation's author.

10. annebcampbell profile image61
      annebcampbellposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There seems to be a real interest in apocalyptic visions, doomsday predictions, etc. these days.  Christians should be countering these messages with visions of the kingdom of God, the eschaton, when all people will join together at the great feast.

11. SwordofManticorE profile image68

The Israelites called it the Feast of Booths.

12. annebcampbell profile image61
      annebcampbellposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Zechariah envisioned a day when Sukkot (Feast of Booths) would become a universal festival. Currently, it is an agricultural celebration that looks back at the temporary dwellings they lived in during their wanderings. See Isaiah 25 for feast vision

15. anguillaparadise profile image60
    anguillaparadiseposted 11 years ago

Reasons To Believe emerged from my passion to research, develop, and proclaim the most powerful new reasons to believe in Christ as Creator, Lord, and Savior and to use those new reasons to reach people for Christ

16. AngelitaRose profile image60
    AngelitaRoseposted 11 years ago

e might be seeing one right in front of our eyes.It speaks of a coming major war in the Middle East.

1. Ms Dee profile image85

Yes, I agree. I think we are.

2. SwordofManticorE profile image68

And what prophecy are we referring to?

3. James-wolve profile image74

The final countdown of the Western Civilization s decline has started.Islam is returning back  so strong to rule and lead the world.It s Bush who awakened Islam from coma when he said let s make it  a crusade.

4. profile image0

Yes the New Testament speaks of a  "coming" major war from the perspective of Christian Jews prior to A.D. 70 - not for us today. Context, context, context.

5. PlanksandNails profile image79

The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was **dried up**, to prepare the way for the kings from the east. - Revelation 16:12

The Euphrates River will be dried up for the Battle of Armageddon.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)