Have you used "Exclusive" titles yet?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)
  1. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

Have you used "Exclusive" titles yet?

They pop up as you type but are they "use-able"?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Yes. I have written two hubs using the exclusive titles. Unfortunately, them being exclusive hasn't helped with the traffic. Definitely not my top hubs.

3. Judi Bee profile image90
    Judi Beeposted 11 years ago

Yes, several, but I haven't found them to be any better than my own titles - in fact the Exclusive titles feature in the bottom half of my stats table sad

4. innerspin profile image86
    innerspinposted 11 years ago

I've used one, which has very poor traffic. You can't change the title unless you unpublish, which is a pain with the pending status. Looking through the titles can give you ideas for hubs.

1. EuroCafeAuLait profile image80
      EuroCafeAuLaitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree with everything that you said.  But I have only published one Exclusive title, maybe the next Hub will be an altogether different (better) experience!.

5. Sidewinder6661 profile image67
    Sidewinder6661posted 11 years ago

I've used one, and it's been getting pretty decent traffic.

6. Goody5 profile image59
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

No, I didn't really care for any of the choices.

tillsontitanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some of them do seem off the wall!

7. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

Hi Mary-yes, I just recently published one about laundry.  I've read through the comments here and have to agree with many of the points:  The choices re: subject matter aren't always the most interesting.  Second, it hasn't driven traffic to my hub like I anticipated.  I'm going to try a few more though before I make a judgement on it.  I actually decided to try one for the challenge of it.

How about you-have you taken on that challenge?

tillsontitanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am currently in the Apprentice program and we are writing from the Exclusives list.  Not sure what the exact results are yet as I've been too busy writing and reading my followers hubs wink

2. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Mary...I'm planning on applying to the program-any tips? lol

8. ChitrangadaSharan profile image88
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 11 years ago

No, I haven't....because I  had read  somewhere that you can not change the title later on. That is a limitation. If the hub is doing well, it is fine, but if not you might want to edit and change the title for better traffic.

9. Jools99 profile image87
    Jools99posted 11 years ago

Yes, I have written about 13 or 14 but traffic is not good on any of them.  I think they are probably generated by a robot of some kind - without a clue about popular subjects by the looks of it smile  That said, it has kept me writing at times when my own brain has not been too keen on coming up with something to write about and for that, I am thankful.

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Julie.

10. DDE profile image47
    DDEposted 11 years ago

I haven't tried  Exclusive titles, my own titles are good for me.

11. Kaili Bisson profile image96
    Kaili Bissonposted 11 years ago

Hi there,
    I have used "exclusives" a few times now, and the results have been mixed. A couple on yoga have done OK - not great - while others have died on the vine and don't get any real traffic. 
    I find some of the titles to be awkward as well. An example of this: "Cool Toronto Neighbourhoods to Visit: Unique Budget Sightseeing Tips for Traveling to Ontario, Canada". Seriously...

12. fitmom profile image73
    fitmomposted 11 years ago

I have. Oddly, they don't have very good traffic and are in the genre that I publish in most- natural remedies. I think it's because the titles aren't very catchy and you can't change them. I like catchy and descriptive titles. So, I don't think I'll be doing many more exclusive hubs.

13. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

Its funny that most people are finding they do NOT increase traffic, and yet, they are recommended by HP....needs a little more investigation me thinks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)