Is there any such thing in God as unjust mercy, or unmerciful justice

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (54 posts)
  1. SwordofManticorE profile image69
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

Is there any such thing in God as unjust mercy, or unmerciful justice

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7696792_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image71
    manatita44posted 11 years ago

Be well, my Brother.
    I will bid thee night soon. Much love.
    Mercy is rather like God's love or forgiveness. Justice is His compassion aspect, but more in the form of the mother chiding the child for getting too close to the fire. Ultimately, His justice comes out of His love for us, and is a form of compassion in disguise. Good to serve here. Nice question. Let us remember each other in our prayers.Good night.

SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I look forward hearing from you again my brother.

3. CynthiAnn profile image59
    CynthiAnnposted 11 years ago

Seeing this same question reworded over and over again is getting a bit redundant.  God is just, God is grace, God is the face of forgiveness.  It's not OUR (as humans) job to place the blame of the consequences of our actions on anything other than ourselves.  God gave us laws to follow, He sent His one and only Son to die on the cross for our sins, so we would no longer need sacrificial offerings.  He loves us soooo incredibly much that He came to us AS A MAN so we could "relate" to Him.  I believe He wants a personal relationship with each and every one of us, but will not force us to choose Him because people do not come to true faith through force.  It is produced from hope and that hope is in the faith that there is an eternal paradise.
    Let's say your mother or father starts a business and gives the business to you. Let's say they warn you that there are only two roads you can go down. One road of choices you can make for it leads your business to wealth, success, knowledge, and security for life.  The other road of choices lead your business to bankruptcy, failure, humiliation, and feeling of worthlessness causing depression and raised costs from going in and out of clinics for the rest of your life.  Your parent says to you, "how you run your business is completely your choice.  I am here and know much about this field.  You will be successful if you seek out my help.  If you need any help, ask and I will help you.  You go about your own way and never ask for any help and through your own unwise choices, you follow the road marked with disaster.  Would you blame your parent for your inability to ask them for help?  We are responsible for our actions. You said before that life is an experience vessel, but how would you EVER be able to teach a child the difference between right from wrong if they knew that regardless their actions they would still receive paradise?  Do you think a parent is showing a child TRUE LOVE by letting them do whatever they want, treat others however they want, and disrespect themselves however they want by offering a REWARD for that behavior?  How many people spread a message of love when their heart is filled with spoiled greed?

Then why did you answer it if the question bothers you soooo much?

2. Porshadoxus profile image60
      Porshadoxusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, CynthiAnn.

3. SwordofManticorE profile image69

The hell wisher defending hell. Not surprised.

4. calynbana profile image78
      calynbanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hell wishers is a ridiculous term. People don't want Hell to exist. People are on a quest to understand the truth. Whether or not that includes something we don't like is irrelevant. Truth above all. Not emotions and wishful thinking.

5. CynthiAnn profile image59
      CynthiAnnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's not about wishes, it's just about what is written. No one WISHES for hell. That's like calling someone mentioning that Louisiana sinks like 3 inches into the ocean every year is a flood wisher. Hell doesn't instill a will to change, hope does.

6. SwordofManticorE profile image69

the hell wisher are the ones who are determind to defend hell. Simply said

7. CynthiAnn profile image59

Ooooooookay, So stating a fact, for instance, "child molesters exist" means that I am defending them?  Good solid logic! .....NOT

8. SwordofManticorE profile image69

So do child molesters deserve eternal torture? You have no love in you. You are just a judgemental condemer.

9. calynbana profile image78

What are you doing on these answers? Enemy of the cross, Hellwisher, condemner, judgemental, spiritual terrorists, self righteous. Who is doing the judging? It seems people want to chat with you but it is rather difficult wouldn't you say?

10. SwordofManticorE profile image69

You just side step what I last said about child molesters nicely, but not unnoticed. When ever any of you use such people as an example including Hitler, you only expose the desires of eternal torture in your hearts.

11. calynbana profile image78

The question wasn't meant for me. Yes they deserve Hell. Just as much as I do, and you do. It doesn't matter what sins we commit, or how "bad" they are. It doesn't matter what good we do. We are saved through God's grace. Not through our own actions

12. SwordofManticorE profile image69

No one deserves such a fate. You have been sadly brainwashed in your beliefs. You do not seek truth, you have already made your sick choice.

13. calynbana profile image78

This is the understanding I came to as an atheist who was NOT attending church and referred to the greek often. Who brainwashed me? As I said I am still open to learning, are you?

14. SwordofManticorE profile image69

If you were referring to the greek, how the hell did you come to the hell belief, because the greek teaches the exact opposite of what you believe. What does the greek in Matt 3:10 mean to you?

15. calynbana profile image78

I read revelations. I read within context. I read that Jesus died for us. To save us. Save us from what? Separation, to bring us back to God.

16. SwordofManticorE profile image69

I dont care what you read in greek, so explain Matt 3:10?

17. calynbana profile image78

Why?

18. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Because this verse is the key to the proof that hell is a myth. Many hell wishers use it to support their belief in hell, but the real meaning is different and it helps give the open minded believer a better understanding of the use of the word Gehen

19. calynbana profile image78

I know what Gehenna is. We have already talked about it. Do you differentiate between the hubbers here or are we all the same "Hell wisher"?

20. SwordofManticorE profile image69

As lond as one believes we all deserve hell, that catagorizes them as a hell wisher. We were not responsible for our creation, God is. Saying that, we deserve nothing of the like of hell.

Matt 3:10?

21. CynthiAnn profile image59

SoM, anyone's salvation rests between them and God.It is not our place to judge.My comment had nothing to do with God's judgment, it was only an example of the logic you have.Placing words in people's mouths is counter-productive to your cause.

22. SwordofManticorE profile image69

All have been reconcialed with God already, and if not already, eventually. Salvation is not in our hands.

23. Porshadoxus profile image60
      Porshadoxusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Salvation is the choice of the individual. God does not thrust Himself upon us against our will.

24. SwordofManticorE profile image69

ROTFLOL, you're one of the reasons why I left the church.

25. CynthiAnn profile image59

John was basically telling the Pharis. and Saddus. they need to repent. What is your take on Matthew 5-7?

26. SwordofManticorE profile image69

That is right so far, but why did John tell them to repent. What was the consequence for not repenting in John's words? I will answer your question once we resolve Matt 3:10 first.

27. CynthiAnn profile image59

Well, the analogy insinuates that if you don't repent, you will be thrown in the fires of hell.

28. SwordofManticorE profile image69

I disagree sister. What was the "ax" that was already at what "root" and who were the "trees". These three anologies play a big role to an event that happened some years later. John saw this and prophesized about this coming event.

4. calynbana profile image78
    calynbanaposted 11 years ago

God is Merciful. God is Just. That is all that there is to it. Whether or not Hell exists does not change the character of God, just how we understand Him. What is written in scripture reveals who God is, and what He wants for us. We need to be open to the truths contained within scripture, and careful to understand the meaning of the text. Whether or not scripture contains what we want to hear we need to remember that it contains The Truth. Sometimes we have an idea of who God is, and what He wants and approach the text with that perspective. Instead we need to approach the text with a blank slate of who God is. Building our foundational understanding of God from scripture.  Leaving as much of our personal beliefs, feelings, and bias to the side as we can. Approach the text knowing that it contains a fuller truth than the tidbits we try to grasp. We need to be ready to allow the Word of God to shape our view of Him and how He interacts with His creation. Sometimes that means accepting ideas that are extremely uncomfortable for us, and ideas that we hate. The idea of Hell is one of those things. We hate it. We should. We need to approach the concept ready to accept whatever God has to say about it remembering that His sense of Justice and Mercy, as well as Grace is perfect.

1. CynthiAnn profile image59

Agreed! Very well said!

2. SwordofManticorE profile image69

It is not God who changes His character, it is hell believing Christians. These christians are spiritual terrorists cloaked in self-righteousness.

3. calynbana profile image78

I didn't say God changed His character. I said we do, we all do. We need to be open to Him showing us who He really is.

4. SwordofManticorE profile image69

And how does an unbeliever open up to a deity that demands repentence and worship or else?

5. calynbana profile image78

That may be what some believe but is not what is described. We all sin, we are all headed to Hell. God through His grace gave us the GIFT of salvation, not something we deserve, but like any gift we may choose to accept or not.

6. SwordofManticorE profile image69

That is the most discusting belief I have ever heard of. It just goes to show what image of a deity you worship. It is a relection of you and your desires.

7. calynbana profile image78

This is not what I desire, you do not know me so watch how you speak to me. Show the respect and love that is demanded of you. I am going by what it says in God's word. Read it.

8. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Then stay out of my hubs. I only need to know what you believe in that tells me how discusting you are.

9. calynbana profile image78

SoM that is not the love of Christ by any stretch of the imagination.

10. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Let us get something straight. I can love others less and love others more to my choosing. I may not worship with you, but I would not let you starve.

11. calynbana profile image78

Well then lets discuss the verses that say you should speak with Grace or not at all. Is calling my disgusting showing grace or love?

12. CynthiAnn profile image59

SoM,I see why you believe what you do.You cannot control yourself so you feel that you should not have to feel guilty or show repentance for it.THAT thinking is SELF-RIGHTEOUS.God asks for a humble heart

13. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Control myself? Was Christ also out of control when He accused the pharisees as liars, hypocrites and vipers? I see no difference between you and a biblical self-righteous pharisee.

14. CynthiAnn profile image59

Lol! I knew you were going to bring that up.He accused and judged because that is HIS place.YOU are not Christ so you have no place to do so.Your folly is that you view your god as an object to mold.It is us to be molded to His purpose.Not our own

15. SwordofManticorE profile image69

We are to be christ like, and I am not obligated to take direction from a hell believer. That belief it self is wacko and antichrist.

16. CynthiAnn profile image59

Yes, but being Christ-like does not mean you pick and choose what features you take on. Christ Himself, TOLD us to repent.He left us pretty specific instructions to please the Lord and gave warning to what would happen if we didn't.

17. SwordofManticorE profile image69

And do you think endorsing pagan beliefs pleases the Lord?

18. CynthiAnn profile image59

How is it pagan, when Jesus mentions it and warns us of it?

5. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 11 years ago

No anything God does is justified

he doesnt do something than think he made a mistake, he does something for a reason.

We have no say in what he does and how he does it. He is not one to be told what to do or how. We follow his laws to follow him thats it.

He gives us free will but without consequences.

He is just and he rather see us repent however for no sin will one go unpunished and we have no right to argue with that.
    He is the king of kings.

So how much punishment will one get if he sins once and dies?

6. profile image0
    Deepes Mindposted 11 years ago

Unjust mercy and unmerciful justice are both biased principles. God is all powerful and as such objective. There is no such thing as his mercy being unjust nor his justice being unmerciful. These biased ideals are simply dependent on and based on the perspective of who is examining the mercy and the justice.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)