If there's no such thing as Hell, why would Christ Jesus have to die?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (225 posts)
  1. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 13 years ago

Jesus said Hell was real, said it was forever, and said we could escape it through believing in Him and putting the will of God first.

If there is no such thing as an eternal Hell, why would Jesus teach it, and then go on to say that He is the only way to the Father and that He must die on the cross in order to fulfill the law completely?

John 10:17

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 10:28

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Matthew 18:8

8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

And one more note:

If Jesus didn't mean for us to understand it as eternal, then why the repeated "everlasting fire" and "everlasting punishment" and so forth. He even made it clear it was so important that it would be better to MAIM yourself and SEVERE LIMBS than to go to Hell.

smile

1. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

who was jesus?...a man who was convinced about various concepts like heaven , hell , god ...he died for his convictions and even today there are many people who die for their beliefs...it is human nature that when it reaches to point of conviction it stands for it no matter what...that doesnot make conviction to be truth ...does it?...it is their truth and they have right to believe in it...there have been many who died for their conviction before jesus and many after jesus and many would come in future too...

1. scriptureonfire profile image59
        scriptureonfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are wrong, Jesus is more than man and did not just die for His convictions. In John 3:16 the Bible says "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

hey i am not asking what is written is scripture which is just one of that...if one believes in x scripture by same logic one must believe in y scripture ..and there are 400 religions on earth , all have written doc for them...stop quoting from scriptures and talk about history...

vector7posted 13 years agoin reply to this

His post is relevant.

Why do you feel so controlling as to tell him what to do?

Since when did everyone have to follow your personally made rules anyhow?

smile

i dont mind anyone believing in any tales as long as they dont sell it as truth because if they do , they must be ready to listen to others truth (like islam or jews or no god)...it is as simple as that...

1. earnestshub profile image80
                earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. It is as simple as that! smile

2. vector7 profile image60

No one said anything about your believing anything.

I asked why you felt the need to tell him:

"stop quoting from scriptures and talk about history..."

I am listening. However you are telling people what not to post.

I see a blatant contradiction here.

smile

well if any one can come out here and quote from whatever he/she thinks is correct , i have right to express myself...dont i?...secondly there is no contradiction...i asked him to quote from history...scriptures are too many and not accepted as historical docs...they are mere references for history and all scriptures say many things...i wanted to have discussion based on history...what is wrong in that?...i dont understand this , i am sorry...i disagree with you on your willingness to listen to others...

".scriptures are too many and not accepted as historical docs."

That is off the charts incorrect information..

The Bible is the most well kept set of HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS known to mankind.

http://carm.org/can-we-trust-new-testam … l-document

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_history

http://www.facingthechallenge.org/arch2.php

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/bib-docu.html

Non-biased sources. Both sides. And that's just a few...

You can tell that ridiculous non-researched mess to someone who hasn't done their homework.

2. wilrhoades profile image56
          wilrhoadesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

Question was about His meaning of Hell anyway. Not questioning who Jesus was.

Every last word of that is irrelevant to the thread.

smile

3. profile image0
        CollBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, one man's convictions aren't necessarily another man's beliefs so when Jesus dies on the cross for the sins of mankind, that was his belief in a God who said that he had to do that.

Another person will believe in a different concept of the idea of a God and that of hell if they believe in such concepts.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope - just checked.

Still not scared enough to believe this nonsense.

Sorry. You must be very angry with me. Do you want to MAIM me?
      And it is "sever". sad

Ah yes. thank you for the correction. Not too familiar with the word. Glad someone in that field of expertise could help.

smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

My pleasure. I do make sure to use words accurately and also spell them correctly. This helps prevent conflict and mis-understandings. I know this is not something most religious people are concerned with, but I tend to be honest and in favor of clear communication. I have morals after all.

I will continue to correct you when you mistakenly use words like "LOVE" out of their correct meaning in that case. wink

"I know this is not something most religious people are concerned with, but I tend to be honest and in favor of clear communication."

Shouldn't stereotype people Mark.. It's just not right.

Stereotyping is even against the law in many cases..

smile

3. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are in hell and  Jesus's philosophy is the same as Hindu philosophy.
      Paradise or heaven or salvation is with god, the light.
      Its about breaking the cycle of life and death.

ya but it is just philosophy...

2. Paraglider profile image89
        Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mohit - you been hiding? smile

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Hi Paraglider, needed a break smile

3. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good to see Ya ..

Simple words of wisdom become complicated as time passes.

Don't know why ?  It just seems as though we make it happen that way.

1. mohitmisra profile image59

Good to see you are still here Jerami  smile

4. profile image0
      jomineposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Try Jesus not existed......

Keep dreamin..  lol

We see why you don't believe in God. You try really hard not to.

Even Jesus' enemies say He existed.

Goodness. People don't even look..

smile

1. profile image0

Did you sleep through your history classes?

No. I did over 5 years worth of to the bone research. Glad your 'classes' paid off for you.

smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

vector7   Even Jesus' enemies say He existed.

and Satan too

2. gem33 profile image60
        gem33posted 13 years agoin reply to this

the issue of his existence is not in doubt. history itself accepts that.

yes it does as human being who died on cross because of sedition...that is history ...rest of whether he was god or son of god or mere human is all debatable...for history jesus existed as preacher who was bapitized by john and who started independent movement after john's death...that is historical jesus ...

Why would Paul in Corinthians tell kings and rulers that could chop his head clean off with a snap of their fingers, that there are 500 people still alive that they could go question who seen Jesus after He was crucified, resurrected and alive?

If what Paul told those men in power was a lie, they would have cleaned his clock right there on an oak stump... And Paul knew it.

You don't go lying to kings and rulers about 500 people seeing a man that came back to life that the Jews, who held a lot of power too, hated with a passion.

The whole New Testament makes sense.

The disciples sure didn't steal the body of Jesus and the Jews admitted the tomb was empty, and so did Caesar's soldiers... How would the disciples - FISHERMEN - Sneak a group of highly trained military guards from an army that overtook most of the known world?

Those guards were on grounds of death if anyone got in the tomb... And the guards completely left their post.. I'm pretty sure at least two of the guards were executed. Caesar didn't play when it came to military...

And it goes on, and on, and on.... The accounts wrote are true. Always have been. They're just hard to believe....

2. profile image0

Whose version?

5. Merlin Fraser profile image61
      Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is there an Election coming ?

'Cos this looks just like an Advert on behalf of the Christian Party to me !

For true political balance can we please have one on behalf of the Lions !

1. profile image0
        BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A fair statement smile

6. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no such thing as hell.  Jesus made all that crap up.  And, apparently, someone manufactured Jesus, as well.

A sucker is born every minute.

1. gem33 profile image60

if Jesus was manufactured up then every other person history talks about was made up too. maybe Caesar never existed. who was King Henry? how do we know Shakespear actually wrote all those works attributed.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image61

What a ridiculous statement to make, clearly you have little or no understanding of the meaning of history, what is and is not a historical fact and how these facts can be substantiated.

Like everything else in life there are many versions of truth and history the great thing in history there is usually at least two versions that of the winner and that of the loser.  Within these two versions we can establish what actually happened.

Then we have the forensic evidence of archaeology to give us further understanding of the situation, with these tools and information we have travelled back to the past so YES we know who King Henry was ... all eight of them!   We know who Caesar was,  I assume you meant  Julius, there were others, we know where he lived who his enemies were, his conquests, his visit to Britain and how, where and when he died.  All recorded and verified by different independent historical accounts.

This type of verifiable historic and forensic evidence is not available for your Jesus Christ, Not his real name by the way, which makes it harder to establish if he did actually exist at all.  It has been proved that the Bible is not an accurate historical document and much of its contents are plagiarised from other stories from around the region.

What we do know from real historical records that during the time period that the Jewish nation was desperate for a Messiah to rise and free them from Roman oppression and there were quite a few candidates wandering around making claims to be the one.  Whether one of them claiming the title The Christ was your man is uncertain and certainly unsubstantiated.

Was someone fitting the description and claiming to be the Messiah crucified by the Romans... probably.  Anyone who pushed themselves forward and appeared as a political agitator would most certainly gain the attention of the Romans as a potential ‘Pain in the Ass’ and would be dealt with accordingly.
          There is little significance in crucifixion as the choice of execution,  it was quite a popular Roman method of;  a) getting rid of a threat to law and order,  and b) sending a message to all around ‘You could be next !”

Hundreds if not thousands of people were crucified by the Romans it was a way of eradicating those considered pests.  9 out of 10 were never named or recorded such was their insignificance to the Romans. 

All the rest is made up for whatever purpose no one knows, why it has any bearing on anything outside the region of its conception beggars belief but that too can be laid at the feet of the Romans in the form of Emperor Constantine.

That’s if you believe actual historical fact, of course or have ever read a history book !

Talk it away buddy. You've sculpted up a nice anti-Christ sermon there... As if your the first one to come up with such notions. Scholars have been through all that crap your trying to spread. Keep up the good work. The masses will follow you with pleasure...

And I've read much better than history books.

Here's just two links for some starters. Maybe doing more than just listening to biased college professors would prove useful...

By the way.. Gossip spreads like wildfire. Same goes with that kind of factually absent run on sentence you have up there.

http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nowayjose.html

http://www.leaderu.com/everystudent/eas … josh2.html

2. Merlin Fraser profile image61

Care to name any credible scholars who dispute my historical findings ?

Who are these people who claim the bible is a Historical document and can provide one ounce of substiated proof of its historical accuracy ?

What point are you attemting to make that because there are more copies of the New Testament than the Illiad that this makes the New Testament Fact ?

Based upon that theory that makes the Adventures of Harry Potter more True because there are millions of copies of them around...

Get a grip... Since when did quantity take over from quality as a measure of anything ?

@merlin who knows harry potter may turn out to be god after 2,3,4k years...

I would imagine to many kids today he already is...

Can't see it happening myself not as long as he has a ginger headed friend lacks crediblity don't you think !

However, you could be right, look what two thousand years of distortion of mythical stories has acheived thus far.

1 John 2:22

22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Say what you want. As far as I'm concerned, to you, nothing happened in history worth basing truth on. Your claims are absurd.

You can throw bogus claims and ridiculous 'conspiracy' ideas out all you want. Shedding doubt is wonderfully easy to do. Just come up with a few ideas and let the gossip run.

What you do, and those like you, is no different than those high school girls in the corner making up little stories to tell.

There's no sense in even attempting to argue with you. Your points above hold no more claim to truth than does Mickey Mouse or Snow White.

With comments like:

"All the rest is made up for whatever purpose no one knows..."

You let your imagination run....

And so therefore, it will continue to run and run and run.. Just like a childs.

John 3:19

19 "And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil."
                                                                                                ~Jesus

Claiming for no reason documents were just 'made up' would be a personal distortion on your account. As if you have more authority than the thousands and thousands of people who claim witness prior to you.

2. gem33 profile image60

the historical Jesus is proven to exist besides the bible. that is a fact historians accept. I'd be foolish to say mohammed didn't exist besides the koran. the rest is a thing of faith. how much of history did you actually read?

Nonsense. There is no such proof. Where do you get your history? Sunday school? lol

No wonder your religion causes so many wars. sad

1. gem33 profile image60

how much of history did you read?
                is your last sentence how you always end a discussion?

I was not ending the discussion, I was making an observation.

I see you did not answer the question though.

Little wonder your religion causes so many wars.

1. gem33 profile image60

still finishing with the same sentence. its kind of boring and predictable. controversies exist i accept. there are still historical writings that mention him. rem his first followers weren't the elite per say. anyway no matter what i say or what either of us believes the truth will eventually be known.

2. dingdondingdon profile image60
              dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Jesus has not been proven to have been the son of God, sorry.

1. gem33 profile image60

and it cannot be proven till the end. christianity has never said it could prove that

How convenient is that ?

It's like the lie of eternal life after death as a reward for the ever faithful...Knowing full well that no one is going to come back and refute the claim as false.

Got to hand it to the Early Christians if you're gonna lie make it a bigone ... and one that can never be challenged or dis proven... GO CHRISTIANS ! And it still works...

Wow ! Trouble is it Kinda makes a mockery of our Evolution to become a more intellegent species don't you think ?

1. gem33 profile image60

really convenient if its a lie. but boy if its true...........

You wouldn't see the truth if it slapped you and took you hostage.

You've no sooner looked into the reality of Christ Jesus than has Adolf Hitler....

Bunch of happy-go-lucky little anti-Christs trying to spread some retarded false idea that Christ doesn't exist.

lol

You wish..

3. Merlin Fraser profile image61

Actually I am a historian !

And No, outside biblical text there is no actual proof of Jesus, as I said earlier it wasn't even his real name.

I don't dispute the existence of Mohammed either, I do however dispute that he or anyone else is a messenger from a nonexistent supreme being !

1. profile image0
                SirDentposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I dispute that anyone is the messenger of a non existent entity also.   Jesus is the Son of the Most High.  He does exist even if you don't believe it.

and he wont become son of god just because you believe so...for me he existed , was mere man

1. gem33 profile image60

what either of us believes does not change anything. but lets see if what you believe is true what have i lost in comparison to what you'd lose if what i believe is true

2. Merlin Fraser profile image61

OK Everybody take cover...

Here Comes Sir Dent on his noble steed Blind Faith leaving the horizon of reality far behind never letting facts distort the fiction of faith...

Am I the only one who thinks that if I were a Fair Maiden in distress and Sir Dent was riding to my rescue... I'd commit suicide !

1. gem33 profile image60

which facts?

2. profile image0

Militant atheism?  Why even answer if all you can do is ridicule?  Can't stay on topic?  Try taking a deep breath or two before posting.

3. vector7 profile image60

You haven't posted any facts.

Maybe you could post them now.

3. getitrite profile image72

Eventhough He never answers prayers, cannot be detected by scientific instruments, and for all account, exhibits the very same attributes of 'NOTHING' you believe He exists...this shows how blind believer's faith is. But DO keep believing, because God needs your tithes

1. gem33 profile image60

never answers prayers?????????????????how would you know?

2. profile image0

How do you know He never answers prayers?  Did science invent a God detector recently?  I hadn't heard about it.

4. Woman Of Courage profile image62
                  Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SirDent, Jesus exist even when others deny him.

1. profile image0

Yes, I know.  The sad thing is that the naysayers know it also.  It doesn't bother them to lie and cause conflict.

1 Corinthians 1:22-23

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

The word of God has the answer to everything.

God bless you both for standing firm..

smile

4. pisean282311 profile image63

@gem muhammad didnt exist is false argument because there are tons and tons of proof  about it...jesus is debatable...i personally think human being called jesus did exist but there is no 100% consensus of it among historians...while for muhammad there is no historian ever who doubted his existence...

1. gem33 profile image60

i didn't say he didn't exist

2. getitrite profile image72

TRUE...however, Caesar and Shakespeare were not alleged to have resurrected themselves, making their existence more probable.  However when a person is alleged to have violated the laws of nature, it is more likely that a fraud has occured---would you not agree?

Sure... If the whole world had not went awol and everyone told everyone that it was real..

Christ Jesus is the most known name in the world. And for good reason. He is the Son of God.

Christ's followers had every reason in the world to deny Him if their claims were lies. Why would they risk their lives for a KNOWN LIE?

Maybe one nut job.. But hundreds of people?

Yeah. I think I'll go with the Lord of all creation who rose from the dead and His name spread like WILDFIRE because it was true.

Argue all you want, the only rational explanation for any of Christianity to exist today is that IT IS TRUE.

But you can walk down that road of denial if you'd like...

smile

7. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd give you an answer to your question, but all you will do is dismiss it. hmm

8. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

G'mornin' Vector:
      Why would one think that this jesus ever lived?
      Why would one think that this jesus ever died?
      Why would one think that this jesus ever spoke a word?
      Why would one think that one should even consider the subject of your post?
      Hmmmm?
      Qwark

No one said you had to Qwark. Please disregard it and don't mind me or the post.

Love ya Quark..

smile

1. qwark profile image60

Hi Vec:
          That didn't answer all my question/s.
          Are ya up to trying? Or are ya gonna leave it with just that reply?
          If you do, it would leave alot to be desired in ref to your crediblity about this religious subject...smile:
          Qwark

My credibility is the Bible.

You may deny anything you want Qwark.

smile

1. qwark profile image60

Hi Vec:
              I've studied the bible and the history of man's religions and have yet to find anything credible to consider.
              There is "absolutely" no definition of this biblical god in scriptures in a form other than opinion. "it" has to be imagined.
              There is so little about this jesus mentioned in past history, in fact I don't remember reading anything about him in the best works of Roman history...and this jesus never wrote a word of the NT.
              The word "know," in English means: "To perceive directly; grasp in the mind with clarity or certainty."
              I said you don't "know" this jesus and that's a fact.
              You "imagine" him to be true based on nothing but want and hope.
              I have NP with you believing in myth as long as you don't try to pass what you "don't know," on. as being fact.  smile:
              Qwark

No one is trying to tell you anything. I said your free to believe what you wish Qwark. Is there a problem with me freely speaking?

If you don't believe in Christ, then why are you in a forum that is questioning what Christ Jesus meant when He said something?

Maybe you don't seem to notice your attempting to push your thoughts onto me, as I've said clearly your free to ignore everything here.

I love you Qwark..

smile

1. qwark profile image60

Hi Vec:
                  You say:
                  "If you don't believe in Christ, then why are you in a forum that is questioning what Christ Jesus meant when He said something?"
                  Why don't you "KNOW" Vec, that your jesus fellow never "said something?"
                  I'm just trying for the life of me to understand what it is about this alledged jesus person that makes people, like yourself, believe so fanatically in him when all the stories in the NT are pure heresay?
                  Can you explain that for me.
                  Thanks
                  Qwark

I'm done here Qwark..

Have a good one.

smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol In other words, no credibility at all.

On the wrong side of the fence again Beelzebub?

Yes, we know you don't believe..

1 Corinthians 1:22-23

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Wonderful to see you though.

smile

1. Beelzedad profile image58
                  Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With the amount of whoppers and fabrications coming from you, I would prefer this side of the fence anytime.

Is it god that makes you fabricate tales or do you do that on your own?

lol

The fence.. Is a reference to this being a discussion on what Christ Jesus meant in His teaching of the above posted scriptures.

The scriptures of which you do not believe. So your purpose here must be something other than attempting to understand His words.

Maybe to impose your belief about the words of Christ towards Christians?

smile

9. Radical Rog profile image71
      Radical Rogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ah but did he? One of the words commonly translated as hell if Gehenna, referring to the valley of Hinnom, the city's rubbish dump where sulphor was used to fuel a continuous fire to burn rubbish. This was the place where the bodies of executed criminals were thrown thus denying them a proper burial.

But here is another question. The Devil is supposedly in charge of Hell and punishes sinners, but the Devil doesn't want people to obey God. This means that the Devil supposedly punishes those who serve his purpose. It's a bit like claiming God will punish those who are good and go to heaven. So why would the Devil, the supposed enemy of God, do God's work in punishing those follow him?

1. getitrite profile image72

That's a perplexing conundrum.

Satan doesn't punish anyone. lol

He might make you doubt God and go to Hell...

God made Hell to punish Satan and his followers.. He's NOT in charge of didly with the exception of the abilities he was given when created and the demons that rebelled against God with him and followed his lead..

Satan knows he can't win. God threw him out of Heaven already. I'm sure Heaven was the aim as why wouldn't Satan have wanted a paradise?

Would you want the 90 billion dollar mansion or the basement with hot moldy air and rats?

He already lost. God has set the sentence just as any judge does and Satan is awaiting his punishment. And while he waits he wants to drag as many down with him as he can. Misery loves company. That statement is true, I've seen tons of people go down trying to take people with them.

Hell is not the lake of fire. Hell is the place, the lake of fire is the torment.

Hell is the the "prison". The lake of fire is the "torture chamber".

The torture was meant for Satan and his demons because Satan and his own would want God dead if he could make it happen. But God can't die. He is GOD. 

Satan hates God because he knows God is going to throw him into that lake and he hates mankind because he (Satan) doesn't get a second chance. People like me and you do. A lot of second chances actually..

He hated Adam and Eve because God is going to punish him (Satan), but God loves Adam and Eve. How do you attack people you can't beat? You go after the people they love...

People weren't meant to go to Hell. They were supposed to be happy and not listen to Satan. But they listened to Satan and disobeyed the ONLY thing God said not to do.

They could do anything they wanted but eat that one dinky little fruit. But no.. They had to do the one thing, rather than the thousands of things they were allowed to do.

So then people became just like Satan's fallen angel followers.. Like him, which is evil. And what did God make for evil to go to? Hell.

Then God said He would give mankind a second chance and give them a way out (Jesus Christ) if they would trust in Him and understand that they need God. Without understanding and humbling yourself before God, He won't save you, because then you have too much pride and that is what Satan has too much of.

Pride is the reason Satan tried to take God out. Because he was so proud just like those little chihuahua's that attack the german shepards and become a snack. Too proud to realise his place.

Well.. With that said..  lol

Have a awesome day.

smile

2. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 13 years ago

" Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire."

Is this another SAW movie??

Those things are disgusting.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

One voice along with John;Morrison

You know I would be a liar
      If I were to say to you
      A few go to Heaven
      to get much Higher
      The rest us of get set on FIRE!!!

If I was to say to you
      God, most of us get set on Fire
      Come on God, why light me on fire
      Come on God, why light my family fire
      Try to set the night on fire
      don't put me on fire
      That's no way to retire

The time is to think it through
      No time to swallow the fresh
      Try now we all can only lose
      It’s more frightful at funeral pyre
      Come on God, why light me on fire
      Come on God, all my friends on  fire
      Try to set the day and night on fire, yeah

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Umm....
        are those Morrison's original words, even?

...Cause I've heard his song before, and the lyrics didn't go that way.

2. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow, what a bad corruption of a Satanists words... I prefer the original.

2. gem33 profile image60

its a movie about examining your life and dealing with faults before they destroy you

1. profile image0
        BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, so its not SAW but Texas Chainsaw Massacre!!!

3. Alastar Packer profile image72
    Alastar Packerposted 13 years ago

Castlepaloma, I don't say this in a negative way but its Jim Morrison. Were you writing the actual lyrics to 'Light My Fire' or just a personal take on them?

4. optimus grimlock profile image60
    optimus grimlockposted 13 years ago

He died for our sins didn't you know that! it's the 1st thing we learn in church!

ya god needed someone to take the blame...since humans could not and god himself was  not willing to , god first created his son ,then sent it to earth , then made sure that He killed him and then brought him back...god loves games...no doubt gaming is becoming huge business considering humans are said to be made in HIS image smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

optimus grimlock

Yeh, of 100 billion people who ever lived on the planet some of them must have died for us. Jim was young like Jesus when he die, he may have die for you sin too, after all, we are all born sinners.

I put Jim and Bob nail up on my wall and have Bob ona t shirt.

There more Cannabis smokers than christians, not a pot head myself. Just perfer the real happy Bob Marley as his story is that of an archetype too, also perfer that look than the Jesus nailed to the cross look.

5. vector7 profile image60
    vector7posted 13 years ago

Just for the skeptics. I'm sure some are set in stone. Please do ignore.

http://www.emjc3.com/helland.htm

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
      dingdondingdonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Near death experiences mean very little to me, to be honest with you. Of course when your body is under stress you will hallucinate, and it makes sense that your mind would use popular depictions of the afterlife as your hallucination(s).

"Just for the skeptics. I'm sure some are set in stone. Please do ignore."

Just in case you missed it.

smile

6. Woman Of Courage profile image62
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

vector, You are showing love and compassion by sharing these scriptures about hell. Some may falsely accuse you of spreading hate. I am sure you will continue to be led by the spirit of God. Amen to your post.

How brave of you to hide behind an anonymous persona and threaten hell. Little wonder your religion causes so many wars.

Like wot Jeebus sed. lol

1. Woman Of Courage profile image62

Good grief roll

No - really. I think it is very, very brave of you to hide behind an anonymous Internet persona casting hellfire.

Like wot Jeebus sed.

Very brave - I am certainly considering switching faiths to yours because you are so brave. lol

vector too. lol

1. profile image0

What's wrong, Mark?

Is the fact that you use your own name and spout hatred for God and His word...getting to you?   Are you wishing you hadn't used your real name?     Or....maybe you have multiple accounts as many people do around here?

No matter.   It's silly of you to try to insult someone for using a screen name.

No really - I think it is very brave of her.

Why would I wish not to use my own name? No - I am honest and do not need to hide. I am open and honest as the day is long. Say it like I see it.

I don't hate god Brenda - don't be silly. God does not exist. Not terribly fond of his fan club though. sad

1. profile image0

I'm glad to hear you don't hate Him.  But sad to hear you deny Him.
                Because He Loves your soul, Mark.

Nonsense. I don't deny anything - you are proving to me right this second it does not exist.

Thank you.

2. profile image0

Mark, take care, God might take your sole.......... I heard right now he is hoping without a sole!

2. Woman Of Courage profile image62

Hi Brenda, I politely disregard Mark's silly remarks . It doesn't mean people are hiding when they prefer to use a screen name. He is hilarious big_smile

Of course they are not hiding their real names - no.

How brave. I bet Jesus is very proud of you for denying who you are in order to tell us about hell.

Certainly convinced me. lol

2. profile image0

Maybe he's just jealous 'cause he can't insult everyone via their real names!  LOL
                Or else he thinks you're vector7.
                Either way, or both, he's just fishing for info basically.

(sigh)
                I've thought of changing to a screen name too.  Maybe that would get him off my back.....but indeed I guess I'm too brave for my own good where he's concerned.....wink

Oh no.. She's not me. My name is Daniel Buchanan.

He only wishes it were that easy. There really is two of us.

smile

1. profile image0

Awesome.
                    Great to "meet" you Daniel.
                    And you're in good company when someone compares you to Woman of Courage; she's such a sweet person from everything I've witnessed around here!
                    I became a fan of yours a while ago.
                    Good stuff you're posting!

Hi vector, Yes we are two different people big_smile

Brenda, It could be jealousy. I see your point. smile

Yes I still love you Mark. No matter what you say. Unfortunately there are some things you just can't win at.  wink

Me loving you is one of them.

smile

3. Woman Of Courage profile image62

Hi Mark, Thank you very much for the compliment. You are right. I am brave. smile Sorry, you think I am hiding behind a screen name.

2. profile image0

I second that Amen!

3. profile image0

God's spirit? Is that Vodka? Please let me have some too lol

4. vector7 profile image60

"vector, You are showing love and compassion by sharing these scriptures about hell. Some may falsely accuse you of spreading hate. I am sure you will continue to be led by the spirit of God. Amen to your post."

They must think I'm surprised or am not expecting it. I don't know what they think, but they prove Jesus' words from 2000 years ago true. Wonder how Christ knew His words would still be around? Because He is the Son of God.

I'm aware of the mockery and lies that are to be imputed towards me and those like me and you. They must think they are doing something new.

Matthew 10:22

22 "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
                                                                                 ~Jesus Christ

And I don't mind if they mock and persecute me. While they ridicule me and attempt to demean me they help me. Those that follow God are blessed even when cursed. They may not know God. But I do..

Matthew 5:10-12

10 "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you."
                                                                                  ~Jesus Christ

I still love them, just like Jesus the Son of God loves them. They can claim anything they want, but I don't start wars. I just suffer persecution and mockery.

smile

vector, Before you joined this site, I was recently accused of not showing love because I shared biblical scriptures of how to avoid hell. I shared them at the appropriate time, and I do not regret it. I don't mind the mockery and persecution either. It won't stop me from following Christ. Rejoice! big_smile

Amen..

God is GOOD...

big_smile

7. profile image0
    blessed31posted 13 years ago

1 Corinthians 1:22-30

22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, 24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
    In the End the truth shall be revealed, it better to just dust off your feet and move to those who truly want Christ then waste time:)

Amen blessed..

God bless your soul.

smile

blessed31         In the End the truth shall be revealed,

You mean when your God blows up the earth and then sorts out all the good Christians to smile down on hell.

Crazzzsyy man!!!!

Any more mockery you forgot to post?

Go ahead, really, I don't mind at all.

smile

8. Isaiah54Woman profile image61
    Isaiah54Womanposted 13 years ago

I believe the Word of God is absolute and Heaven/Hell is real.

Thank you for your post.

1. Isaiah54Woman profile image61
      Isaiah54Womanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We live in the disposition of grace and mercy...and for those who are willing to believe. What is there to lose in believing in a God of all creation? Being labeled a Christian?

Exactly..

Nothing to lose and absolutely everything to gain..

Mark 8:36

36 "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
                                                                                    ~Jesus

smile

Amen.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Your right

Those greedy rich Christians, why I ought to.....

And the poor Christians?

smile

9. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

You can read my hub on the subject.
    <snipped - please do not post links in the forums>
    It will take you to the wash house.

10. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Vector wrote
    He must die on the cross in order to fulfill the law completely?

- - - - -   
      He said that he had to die on the cross to fulfill all the prophesy. 
      I don't recall him saying; to fulfill the LAW?
      And if it is written that way, I would question whether that was translated properly?

Matthew 5:17-18

17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

I seek God's will. Not man's..

Jesus Christ came for a specific purpose. He stated His purpose in this passage, clear as day. He came to fulfill the law and the prophets.

If His purpose was to pay for the sins of all who would accept God's mercy and grace, then that was part of the fulfillment.

Question the translation all you'd like. It's all in the Bible..

Here's you some good solid proof:

Matthew 27:46

46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Jesus Christ directly quoted from Psalm 22:1

1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Christ taught that the scriptures were the law:

Matthew 12:5

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
                                                                          ~Jesus

Jesus came to fulfill the law, and the prophets. And dying on the cross was part of that fulfillment of scripture.

Read the rest of Psalm 22. It will clear the rest up for you.

God bless..

smile

1. profile image0

How blissful it is...to live in ignorance!
        I wish I could!
        lol

1. profile image0

You are there dude.  lol

1. profile image0

Seeing you I should have thought!! lol

I suppose you're here because you feel threatened or something?

Why is it your annoying me anyhow?

I do love you, but your like a fly...

smile

1. profile image0

I suppose you are addressing me.
            I'm here because I like fictions.......
            And the way you people justify your beliefs are quite amusing........
            A good time pass.....

And I'm here not to change anybody!
            For I know no amount of reason will change anything.
            You people will always close your eyes to that.
            You won't even see the foolishness in your religion,
            Though you are first to spot that in others!  smile

11. ewd76 profile image60
    ewd76posted 13 years ago

exactly

1. Amber Mandala profile image60
      Amber Mandalaposted 13 years ago

Yes, hell is real, humans create it on a daily basis.
      Jesus died because idiots of that era decided that it was okay to hurt, harm, and mangle someone because that person didn't think or believe like them. This behavior is usually based on fear, control, greed and dominion. It has also been a prevalent part of the human experience, throughout many belief systems around the world and through time. Jesus taught me, at the expense of his life, that maybe I should ask myself," Do I hate the players or hate the game?"
      Hell by any other label is still hell.

2. True Truthseeker profile image74
      True Truthseekerposted 13 years ago

Peace.

After Adam failed the test of obedience, both he and his wife Eve, were placed OUTSIDE of God's DIRECT protective care. Perfection was lost, and ALL descendants of Adam and Eve, inherited the defect of imperfection, so they got sick, grew old, and DIED.

Since ALL progeny of Adam had the same eventuality, i.e. DEATH, and the COST for this position was the PERFECT life LOST by Adam, then, it required the LIFE of ANOTHER perfect male to RELEASE the SENTENCE served to Adam and Eve, the promised sentence was DEATH.

Romans 5:12 (American Standard Version)

12 Therefore, as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin; and so death passed unto all men, for that all sinned:--

Jesus was the LAST Adam, an EQUAL or propitiatory sacrifice.

1 Corinthians 15:45 (American Standard Version)

45 So also it is written, The first man Adam became a living soul. The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Jesus' sacrificial DEATH, answered ALL the charges made by Satan.

Job 2:4 (American Standard Version)

4 And Satan answered Jehovah, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

Genesis 3:5 (American Standard Version)

5 for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.

Satan actually CLAIMED that it would be BETTER if man DECIDED for himself what was right or wrong.

1. getitrite profile image72

Every bit of this is nonsensical hearsay, from a 2000 year old book of myths and absurd fables...unlesss you are merely preaching to the choir of blind, fearful, followers.

1. True Truthseeker profile image74
          True Truthseekerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No so.

editstatsdeletesuggest links closeLoading ...Science and Religion over the Centuries67
          rate or flag this pageTweet thisBy True Truthseeker

Dig Deep for Truth

Philosophy its Role in Science and Religion

Peace.

Based on my humble observations, this is what has been perceived.

Ancient, manuscript copies [MSS], in ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek, contain information construed as scientific, that, have proven to be way ahead of man's scientific progress.

These MSS are from recorded dates of 3500 B.C.E. to first century C.E., whilst Modern Science is

about 450 years old.

From about the time of Noah's flood about 2900 B.C.E. [ in B.C.E. higher numbers are less recent, e.g. 10 B.C.E. - 9, 8, ... 2, 1 B.C.E. then 1 C.E. ] many flood myths emerged from the region of Mesopotamia. The Bible mentions how the languages were confused in ancient Babylon, thus accounting for the dispersion of these versions of the flood.

In time myths [of various sorts] influenced how philosophers thought, and the early Christian movement after the death of the apostles eventually was submerged by these philosophers, an

event PREDICTED by the Bible [ 1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Thessalonians 2:9- 12; 2 Timothy 4:1- 4, Daniel

12:4, 9, 10].

So by the time of Copernicus, Religion [including professed Christianity], and Science, were more governed by philosophy, rather than by unadulterated FACTS.

Copernicus, in disproving the misled philosophy of an earth- centered galaxy, tried to show, that the sun-centered galaxy, proves how organized the Bible's God is, but, reason was not a common commodity then.

As time progressed, Modern Science, became more and more refined. Religion on the other hand did not see a LIGHT, until a group known as International Bible Students, started to study the Bible

in a 'scientific' way.

Bible truths revealed the fallacious Neo-Platonic concepts of Eternal Torment, Trinity, and Immortality of the Soul.

Although Modern Science has 'dropped' most of its philosophical baggage, it has retained the fallacy

of Evolution. Certain branches of science although largely dropping metaphysics, has introduced

Theoretical Physics, which, may run the risk of introducing the religion of blind faith in science.

Caution

It therefore is prudent, to consider ALL the facts, in any deliberation of TRUTH.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Origin-of-the-U … eRealFacts

http://hubpages.com/hub/Science-leads-u … ts-Creator

http://hubpages.com/hub/Science-can-onl … eh-Jehovah

http://hubpages.com/hub/Biblical-Questi … rinity-etc

http://hubpages.com/hub/True-Christians … hat-is-BTG

2. Amber Mandala profile image60
        Amber Mandalaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh. Wow. So satan is the one who gifted humanity with freewill. Hummmmm.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My, you are a practical star, consuming daily diets of propaganda on the left, propaganda on the right. Mmmmm...you be nice and fat for the grillin'. Is there a hell? Is there not a hell. Does he love me, does he not! You live in a world of your ancestors forging, poisoning you and your offspring. Of course there is a hell. You're in it. It's a deep hole which you must claw and climb your way out of, or you'll end up right back here, once again believing that this is your first trip through the lower realm. Got you in his snare, he does, my pretty! Single file, stand in line, don't lose your place, because it's a LONG WAY TO THE BACK O' THE LINE. Just ask Jack Ripley.

1. Amber Mandala profile image60
            Amber Mandalaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ahhhhhh. And so it is. Forgetting to remember, remembering to forget. I been to heaven and Iv'e been through hell and they have both been powerful teachers. Balance is the key. Who's BBQ is it anyway?  I be doin' tha grillin'. Who's bringing the beer?
            P.S. Hell is the place that ain't got the beer.

3. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jesus was a mortal- a human being, he had to die; though he did not die on the Cross; yet eventually he did die in India at the age of about 120 years; that is the fate of every human being.

More opinions huh?

I still love you..

smile

4. Apostle Jack profile image59
      Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

To each will be their own.Everyone will have to bear their own burden.Every flower have its own bloom.

5. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 13 years ago

I am not sure about all that has been said. But, the orginal question asked about experiencing hell or there is a hell? Tossing one in. If John 3:16 guarantees eternal life and the alternative is perishing, then where does hell come into this? Or, if we experience hell is it eternal? And, if it is eternal, then I am really confused about eternal life and perishing.

Luke 13:3

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

~Jesus

Repentance and asking Jesus for His forgiveness and making Him your Lord, (because judgement was given to Him through His sacrifice to save us, got a scripture, just ask.) is how to be saved from Hell. Only Jesus can save because He walked the road perfectly and now has authority to allow those who accept Him as their Lord to be made perfect and granted entrance to Heaven.

Eternal life is in both scenarios.

In Hell you live forever, and in Heaven.

Except in Hell it isn't any fun. Being in that much pain they call "perishing" because it certainly isn't living... It's as close to death as the soul can get.

There is a link on my homepage that has Biblical references to Jesus' words on Hell. He said "everlasting" and the like A LOT. Pretty straight forward. I'm taking His word for it as He is the only one who spoke of Hell with an actual knowledge of what it was like and spoke with authority.

(And because I believe in Him)  wink

God bless.

smile

6. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

the word hell is a catholic word inserted in place of a word we well know about. grave.
      the word everlasting is aeon and that means a set amount of time depending on the context of the time. God said he would put an everlasting fire in jerusalem and is there a fire burning in jerusalem? nope, But there was, its out now.
      When christians who have been taught the catholic doctrine of everlasting torment in the fires of hell are just parroting what their teaching has taught.
      When looked at with the original words in place we get a totally different picture.
      Jesus died so that people would not die. or perish (john 3:16)
      The lake of fire which IS the second death, is eternal separation from God or the act of not living with God because the essence of them has perished or is destroyed as chaff or waste. God does not keep garbage around to burn forever, especially since God is everywhere, he would never get away from hell. As we know with God he deals with everything in a final manner and very efficiently.
      We also must bring into account that the OT system relied on sacrifices of animals. Jesus died to close this chapter and open another dispensation, in short, to change the rules. Christ died to show us there is an immortality, that He is the door into that immortality of which those saved people of God would enter into. By himself being the final sacrifice (shedding of blood) He ushered in a new way of God.

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Jesus was a human beings; he escaped a cursed death on the Cross; he died a natural and peaceful death in Kashmir, India.

He went to heaven.

What he had to do with the hell? It is not and was not for him, for sure.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)