What is a life altering change that you are going through or have been through l

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (35 posts)
  1. sassydee profile image68
    sassydeeposted 11 years ago

What is a life altering change that you are going through or have been through lately?

mine is building my faith in the lord and my life to be more like him!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7711580_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

My wife and I both gave up using tobacco products this week (smoking cigarettes for her, smokeless tobacco for me)... so far so good, we're on day #4 and I haven't killed anybody yet. Haha.

sassydeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

well congrats on making the choice to better your health I know its hard to quit smoking!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually, quitting tobacco is very easy... I've done it dozens of times, haha. The trick is quitting and THEN making it stick!!

3. Relationshipc profile image87
      Relationshipcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Speaking from experience Fred, life is better without the dependency on tobacco - It allows you to do things on your schedule rather than the nicotine's schedule. I'm not a slave to anything now. That's what kept me going...hope it helps a bit.

4. crazymom3 profile image69
      crazymom3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am applauding you! Stay strong. You can do it!

5. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks all. Onward and upward...

3. Parks McCants profile image64
    Parks McCantsposted 11 years ago

Mine is accepting the posibility that Angels and spirit  guides are real.. The power of prayer has resulted in positive relief from life's challenges and sadness.

1. crazymom3 profile image69

ITS SO HARD TO STAY STRONG AND HAVE faith when life challenges are relentless! Keep praying i know sometimes its hard to want to, but keep doing it!

2. sassydee profile image68

thats how I feel about prayer! thanks

4. vocalcoach profile image92
    vocalcoachposted 11 years ago

I lost my beautiful son to cancer a few years ago.  It altered my life forever.  Grief is an on-going process.  Still, I choose to find joy in every moment of each day.  We sometimes just "go through the motions" of living.  This is so wrong.  Each day is a gift to be lived to the fullest.  Hubpages is a strong source and platform to keep us living in the present.

Through writing. a journey of self-discovery takes place and we learn, grow and share incredible and helpful information.

Let's all "live in the moment."

I NEVER know the right thing to say about a loss, but your right about reading and writing on hubpages it is therapeutic. Hope your healing continues

2. Denise Handlon profile image84
      Denise Handlonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Audrey-you are one of the most positive people I know and that is a gift indeed!  I cannot imagine the depth of your loss.  Hugs to you, my friend, and may joy continue to bless you.

3. sassydee profile image68

beautiful thanks vocalcoach

5. Relationshipc profile image87
    Relationshipcposted 11 years ago

Mine is letting go of expectations from my dad. I have spent over 15 years expecting my dad to want the same type of close relationship that I want, but he has never shown a desire to have that.

I just recently decided that I was unhappy with the situation because of my expectations, not because he refuses to partake in the type of father/daughter relationship that I would like.

I'm in the process of letting go of expectations and instead accepting him for who he is and what he is capable of giving. I feel happier and not so upset about relationship anymore, and that has improved other areas of my life too.

Good to see you've realized that your happiness is in your own expectations and not in who he is.  I did not have a good relationship with my dad growing up and now just focus on leaving it at that and in the past.

2. sassydee profile image68

thats very inspiring thanks for sharing

6. Denise Handlon profile image84
    Denise Handlonposted 11 years ago

Life altering was the day I received news that my husband had terminal cancer.  I recently wrote a hub about esophageal cancer.  The difficult times are when there are moments that flash about things we did together.  Often a song will trigger those memories.  We always thought we'd grow old together...

sorry to hear that thanks for sharing

7. Diana Lee profile image75
    Diana Leeposted 11 years ago

I quit smoking over five months ago.  I never thought I could do it and I had the nasty habit for over thirty years.  Even losing loved ones to Cancer never stopped me from smoking.  I had to convince myself I really needed to do it. I know if I want something bad enough I can do it if try hard enough.

good for you diana

8. hawaiianodysseus profile image68
    hawaiianodysseusposted 11 years ago

I like and claim your answer as well, sassydee.

In addition, just getting up and moving my body in my 2013 walking program has indeed been and continues to be life-altering. You know, I haven't seen the south side of 200 pounds in decades, so I'm making a midnight move to give it my best shot this year. My sister in Hawai'i is 57 today, so I messaged her this morning that in honor of the 7th year of her sixth decade of life, I was going to walk 7 miles (which is equivalent to two hours of walking for me). I'm happy to report that I kept my word. Now, I'm enjoying the endorphins coursing through my pleasantly fatigued body.

Thank you for asking your provocative and inspirational question. Blessings and aloha from the Pacific Northwest!  Joe

thank you joe and good luck with all that you do

9. Pamela-anne profile image79
    Pamela-anneposted 11 years ago

Mine is if I get into the University course in Humanities I have made it through the first round next round I have to write an essay! I would love to experience taking a University level course. It would be a great stepping stone in helping me reach my goals!

good luck

10. jpcmc profile image90
    jpcmcposted 11 years ago

I have my first child.  The experience is very new to me.  Everyday is life altering.  I get to see her grow and with it, I get to learn more about myself and my relationship with my family.  She's almost two, and this stage is really challenging.

1. hawaiianodysseus profile image68
      hawaiianodysseusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful, jpcmc! My daughter is now 20, and I still see her in the split-screen images of toddler and young adult. Cherish each and every precious moment, for this season passes oh, so very quickly! With shared fatherly pride and blessings,
      Joe

2. jpcmc profile image90
      jpcmcposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm savoring every moment. my friend. Yes, they grow up so quickly - it's a cliche but a dad misses the days gone by and welcomes the new memories to come.

3. sassydee profile image68

this is wonderful

11. LauraD093 profile image71
    LauraD093posted 11 years ago

Working through some old issues that have resurfaced recently i.e.grieving process from loss of my mother.

hope you work them out

12. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

Practicing what I keep saying I want to do: Experience a deeper relationship with God.  After losing my job last year, being down to my last $15, no savings left, no retirement left, denied unemployment, and trying to find a way to pay my mortgage, I have begun a new spiritual-faith walk.

god is good

13. Dr. Haddox profile image61
    Dr. Haddoxposted 11 years ago

My mother has been seriously ill, have spent time in the hospital recovering, and is now undergoing rehab.
    Watching one's last parent age and go down hill is "a live altering change." In the back of my mind, I know, that she is less that 20 years older than I am and I am going to face this same process sooner that I care to.
    Getting old and dying is serious business. Facing this process, head on, is easier for some than for others. It is difficult for me.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

1. AMFredenburg profile image72
      AMFredenburgposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My sympathies to you and best wishes to your mother. It's not an easy experience, and it's hard to know what people are really going through; I think some hide their distress better than others. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)