Where in the Bible does it say that the Jews are God's "chosen people"?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (27 posts)
  1. CertifiedHandy profile image61
    CertifiedHandyposted 11 years ago

Where in the Bible does it say that the Jews are God's "chosen people"?

Isaiah 19:25 says Egypt is God's people and Israel is His inheritance? Where in the Bible does it say that the Jews are God's "chosen people"?

2. Mr. Happy profile image70
    Mr. Happyposted 11 years ago

It doesn't even matter that much at this point. Some ego-centric people already fully indulge in that thought and thus, everyone else is misguided - except them. How convenient, to claim You and your people are "chosen" ...  I think it somewhat boarders megalomania.

Great question.

1. renegadetory profile image59
      renegadetoryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not all Jews believe they are the chosen people, no more than certain Christians with their new covenant with Christ.

3. profile image0
    Deepes Mindposted 11 years ago

It says it in people's interpretation of the word.

4. ExpectGreatThings profile image75
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 11 years ago

Deut 7:6 -
    For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

But the New Testament says that those who believe in Jesus are the chosen people. 1 Peter 2:9 - But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

1. profile image57
      AbiyahChaazawanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes these chosen people are called Israelites, even Paul himself acknowledge it in Romans 9:1-5 where he also informed us belonged all of the promises, glory, covenant, and giving of the laws. God chosen people are Blacks for sure. Hold your horses..

2. profile image57

I am only given a min space to speak but I can give you more knowledge and understanding however you choose. Deut 7:6 is speaking about Israelites God chosen. Paul said in Rom 9:1-5 he was one as well and that all the promises of God belong to Israel

3. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ab: Blacks?  He is no respecter of persons! And I'm Black!

5. renegadetory profile image59
    renegadetoryposted 11 years ago

From my understanding it was Israel (the 12 tribes) that were God's chosen people, the Jews being the tribe of Judah. 

I would also quote scripture but ExpectGreatThings covered it nicely in her answer :-)

1. profile image57

Yes, and every Gate in the Kingdom of God will carry the name of each Tribe. We have been lied to.The chosen people went into slavery by ships Deut28:68 with Iron yoke upon their neck 28:48.Had kids that were taken and turned into slaves to Deut28:41

2. profile image52

Ab: U r still living under the law!  There's a NEW COVENANT!  Have u not heard? II Timothy 2:15!

6. SwordofManticorE profile image69
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

Actually Paul tells us that there is no longer Greek or Jew, and Christ tells us that those who call them selves jews, but are not says it all in Rev 3. Those who call themselves Jews are no different than anyone else here on earth. So no, they are no longer God's chosen people because they blew it when the choose Barrabus instead of Christ. They chose spiritual death instead of spiritual life. and bestoad upon them selves God's wrath.

I believe it was Paul who referenced the olive tree, Israel being the natural branches and the gentiles being the wild branch grafted in.

2. SwordofManticorE profile image69
      SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now they are part of the synagog of satan.

3. renegadetory profile image59

Who are?

4. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Rev 3:9 I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars.

I am telling you this, there is only the spiritual Jew. Us! We are of Abraham's seed. We are the spirituly circumsized.

5. renegadetory profile image59

"I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not...God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew" (Romans 11:1-2). "And so all Israel will be saved as it is written"(verse 26).

6. SwordofManticorE profile image69

“A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code.” (Romans 2:28-29)

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

The Bible predicts a unique future role for the Jews that will eventually bring blessing to all the nations of the earth. It tells us that Israel will be “a holy people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples on the face of the earth.”(Deuteronomy 14:2)

An important indication of her future role is found in God’s covenant with Abraham:

The LORD had said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people, and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you” (Genesis 12:1-3 NIV).

The fulfillment of God’s covenant with Abraham involves much more than the nation of Israel. We believe that God’s promises to Israel apply most completely to the future converted nation of Israel. Israel will again be in the land and possess a new heart demonstrated by humble obedience to God, and an ethical and national consensus that is beneficial for all the nations of the world.

Excellent answer, I am in agreement

2. profile image57

Yes, we are Holy unto our God and the apple of his eye. We suffered every cursed written in Deut 28:15-68. Those that say they are Jews are the synagogue fo Satan. The laws were given only to Israel not the world.    They have stolen our nationality.

8. profile image52
    rameschgfposted 11 years ago

BIBLE HAS MANY INVENTED "WORDS OF GOD" IN IT-JUST AS KORAN HAS TOO-ONLY THOSE WHO LOVE-ADORE-WORSHIP-WITH-BODY-MIND-SOUL-THEIR GOD-NOT THEIR RELIGION-OF ANY RACE-OF ANY RELIGION-SINCERELY-HONESTLY-EARNESTLY-ARE-"CHOSEN PEOPLE"-OF GOD-FOR ALL TIMES OF HUMAN EXISTENCE

1. SwordofManticorE profile image69

What is with the caps? They are offensive and we can discuss things in an orderly manor.

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image62
      LoisRyan13903posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Really do not understand with your CAPS and the dashed between the words

9. profile image57
    AbiyahChaazawanposted 11 years ago

Christ died for the Children of Israel. Not everybody. Only if you accept our God you can dwell amongst us. Sounds complicated but I will break it down. First of all God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob have a Chosen People. Deut 7:6 This verse alone kills the doctrine about we are all the same. Deut 28:68 Speaks about one of the curses put upon God chosen ones, which we read Slavery by Ships. Deut 28:48 (Humm) Iron Yoke upon their necks? Deut 28:41 9Humm) Had children they could not enjoy bcos they too would become SLAVES. Deut 28:32 After having their children, they were stripped from them and they had no power to do anything about it. Roman 11:1-2 God has not cast away these Particular Chosen People. Here.. Romans 9:1-5 Now is verse 4 Paul said something that stood out to me. "who are Israelites" Wait.....Israelites?  YES. To whom pretain which means "Belong To"adoption, glory, covenant and the giving of the law, the services of God and the PROMISES. He that has an ear let him hear what the word of God says. The promises you read about in the word of God in every HOLY BIBLE is not for EVERYBODY. That is why in Rev 2:9 he let it be known that there are imposters out there trying to be his Chosen but are in fact the synagague of SATAN. Those people over there claiming to be the TRUE JEWS did not suffer the curses we read about in Deut 28:15-68. The word of God said to prove all things.. If you have info to prove they suffer such curses I have an ear to hear. In Matt Christ let it be known I was ONLY sent to the House of ISRAEL Matt 10:5-7 Gentiles mean Nation of people. So if we are all the same why would Christ instruct his Apostles to only target a certain group of people and not everybody??  The question you should be asking is who's who according to scripture. There is a seperation going on in the Bible you can't run from. The truth is with Israel not every nation of people. Matt13:11-17 Many wish they can see what the Chosen see. The sprirti of Christ dwells with us. Thats why you have so many  watered down doctrine out here today. To the JEWs(Chosen Nation of People) first then the (Other Nations,Europeans,etc) Gentiles. I can prove all that I say by scriptures.They know but, have turned his house of prayer into a den of theives. Christ was a sacrifice for Israel to be reconnected back to their God. I have limited space but I can prove by scripture he was a sacrafice.The Adoption Rom9:4 and v5 clearly states Christ came according to the flesh. Israelite

1. profile image52

U heard of the New Covenant? R us still under the law?Gal 3:26-27. I guess Jesus lied in Revelation 22:17 when He said "..WHOSOEVER WILL ..?" God does not show "favoritism!" He "is no respecter of persons!"Rm12:11;Acts10:34!Rm9:24-10-4-Read on!

2. profile image57
      AbiyahChaazawanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Norine are u spiritually conscious? You can't be. Smh the word of God speaks for itself. The reason you people wanna say the old testament is done away with so u can continue to eat slop and be unrighteous. Ur without understand.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)