Has anyone ever been to Paris France? If so how was your trip?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. soconfident profile image71
    soconfidentposted 11 years ago

Has anyone ever been to Paris France? If so how was your trip?

2. ComfortB profile image85
    ComfortBposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have. Only for a day. Just en-route to Nigeria. But, for the little I saw, I'll say, it's a beautiful city. The citizens, on the other hand, do need an attitude check. At least the ones I had to deal with at the airport.

I'm not sure if it was my American Passport that ticked them off, or if they were just having a bad day. I hope you're not disappointed. wink

3. Lisa Wilton profile image82
    Lisa Wiltonposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have and I love Paris. There is a lot to see and do in this city and plenty of art and culture to soak up.

I will say that, although you will inevitably get people telling you that the people are rude, I have never found anyone in Paris to be rude at all - quite the opposite. I speak fluent French, however, and they are particularly appreciative of people who speak their language so they have always been very nice to me.

The other thing I will say is that, right now, it is quite expensive there. I suppose it depends on how strong your currency is against the euro but for a Brit, it is extremely expensive...

4. innerspin profile image85
    innerspinposted 11 years ago

Oh, so long ago, on a school trip. We stayed in a youth hostel. Like many capital cities, it's madly busy, the locals don't look at you. Traffic was mad. Everywhere was crowded. It was cool to see famous landmarks, but a bit too much like hard work. Mind you, I'm not a fan of cities. It was interesting.

5. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

Yes! We had an incredible time. We approached it as a once in lifetime trip so we were willing to spend more on this vacation then normal. You'll go crazy comparing exchange rates of dollars to euros.
    We stayed at Hôtel Plaza Athénée which has been featured in several movies and did all the "tourist" things. We had dinner at Le Jules Verne Restaurant located in the Eiffel Tower, walked, shopped, and dined along Avenue des Champs-Élysées, climbed the stairs to the top of Arc de Triomphe, saw a show at Moulin Rouge, toured The Louvre Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral, toured the Seine River at night on the Bateaux Mouches and also took the train one day to tour The  Palace of Versailles...etc
    One of the great things about touring there is most of the places are easy to get to by purchasing tickets for one of their (on and off) open air bus routes. We went during "Fashion Week" in the month of September and the weather was perfect. Normally we are tropical island vacationers but Paris, France was wonderful and lived up to our expectations.

6. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

It was gorgeous. In England, I lost a few pounds from disliking the food. But I gained double what I lost in visiting Paris. Such good food! Crapes are amazing! The architecture was fantastic. Just looking at the people on the street was inspiring. Visiting the sights will always be a very fond memory of mine. It's a goal of mine to go back at some point smile

7. Tricia1000 profile image62
    Tricia1000posted 11 years ago

Yes I have been there several times and I also lived there for a year.  It is really an incredible city and even after all these visits and time spent there, the city never stops to surprise me.  I just also love the culture, language and all the famous attractions.

8. Iammattdoran profile image89
    Iammattdoranposted 11 years ago

Paris is great.  It can be incredibly expensive but if you're wise you can still manage to seek out some more reasonably priced restaurants and places to drink.  The Louvre is amazing and a trip to the cemetery where Jim Morrison is buried is really cool too.

9. Beata Stasak profile image79
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

For my honeymoon nearly thirty years ago and send all my kids there after finishing their high school, one place you have to visit if you are culinary, artistic, musical, history or architectural buff, there is something in that place that makes you appreciate civilization and culture and what it represens...Loved Woody Allen's movie: 'Midnight in Paris', he wrapped the idea of Paris and what it represents very nicely there:)

10. Availiasvision profile image82
    Availiasvisionposted 10 years ago

My visit to Paris was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  Every one hundred yards there is a famous monument, museum, or historical point of interest.  All of the artwork in the Louvre is worth a trip in itself.  Everything I'd read about in text books was right in front of me and accessible.  It really is an odd feeling!   One of the best experiences I had was taking an evening cruise up the River and watching the Eiffel Tower light up. 

What's amazing is how unique each of the districts are.  The Montmartre was artsy, bohemian, and had cool architecture.  The Champs Elysees has spectacular shopping with all of the chic Parisian styles, and the Marais has tasty restaurants, old churches, and cool river islands.

I adored every minute in Paris and couldn't help but imagine all of the famous artists, poets, and world leaders who left a mark on the city.  I recommend cheese, wine, and some riverside contemplation on the banks of the Seine.  It is truly a city everyone must experience.

11. Chuck profile image85
    Chuckposted 10 years ago

It was a number of years ago both times, but I have visited Paris twice.

While prices have probably increased since then, neither trip cost me very much.  My first trip occurred while I was flying with the Air National Guard and stationed at Rhein-Main AFB in Frankfurt, Germany for two weeks.  A couple of buddies and I booked a weekend trip to Paris through the American Express office on base. 

We had a great time and visited Versailles, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower and other places.

The second time was on a visit to Europe a few years later.  I flew to Luxembourg where I rented a car and took a drive around France and Germany.  I spent a couple of days in Paris visiting many of the same places as before.  Not wanting to drive in Paris, I traveled to nice, but moderately priced hotel on the outskirts of the city and used public transportation during my stay.

Paris is a beautiful city and I expect to be visiting it again as I like it and my wife, who has never been there, wants to see it.

12. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 10 years ago

I have, once.  I wrote about it in my hub, "My Adventures Touring Europe in 1982 (23) Paris.  I didn't have enough money to really enjoy it, since it came near the end of my tour, and I hadn't budgeted well.  But I found the people to be fairly friendly, if a little distant, but that's what you can expect in any huge city.  I'd gladly go again - better prepared!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)