What would you do, if you are the only person left on Earth?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Savio Dawson profile image92
    Savio Dawsonposted 11 years ago

What would you do, if you are the only person left on Earth?

What would you do, if mysteriously everyone on this planet has just zapped off.. You are the only one left. What would you do? Of course, after all the tears and heart breaks of not being able to see your loved ones again. What would you do after that?

2. heeyoo profile image61
    heeyooposted 11 years ago

Do I get a pet or it's just me and plants ?

3. Savio Dawson profile image92
    Savio Dawsonposted 11 years ago

Ok a bit of clarification following heeyoo's question.... No living thing with the exception of only plants....Sky above, ground below, air around, sun over and moon under.... Further more, no bacterium, no virus, no parasites.. Happy living

1. heeyoo profile image61
      heeyooposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well then , I would first travel around the world , seeing everything there is to see and then I would either try to craft some sort of electricity generator so I could play video games or go insane and try to clone myself in an abandoned lab.

2. Savio Dawson profile image92
      Savio Dawsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You bet I hadn't thought of cloning.... So, you do have a plan to propagate life... In that case you wouldn't be alone for long...

4. jravity1 profile image60
    jravity1posted 11 years ago

This is easy....build a rocket...find my people.   In a world with no one else..I have unlimited access to knowledge..from every where...and my own transport and near unlimited gas supply. so i can go where i need to.  oooorrrrr  get really good making paper airplanes, because I am lazy.

1. Markie W profile image60
      Markie Wposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awesome answer haha smile

2. Savio Dawson profile image92

That''s true... Having all the vehicles for transport and unlimited gas supply would be a fact.... You can choose any place to go and any place to live.... Or paper planes would always be an option

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

I guess since I would have no way of knowing I was the only one, I would travel in whatever way was available to try and find someone, something or whatever.

It would be scary since you wouldn't know what was around, who or any of those things.

I agree with the scary part... Being a horror movie person.. .I will freak out and would not even bother to step out in the night.... :-)

6. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7818993_f260.jpg

If I was the only person left on earth I would travel and search for others until I had indeed searched the whole planet then I would be in complete denial (on purpose) to maintain my sanity. I then would continue my travels and reminisce about the good "ole" days when I could play hockey. I would also pray a bunch and try to stay alive until I could breed with a woman to ensure the survival of humanity on the 3rd rock from the sun...

I  thought so too.. I would first try to find others, just in case somebody remained.... Praying, yes... I think God would be your only company at that time... Interesting!!

7. davidlivermore profile image93
    davidlivermoreposted 11 years ago

I'd go someplace secluded, where I can horde supplies and live the rest of my life.  I would bring books, magazines, etc.  Perhaps find a way to keep power on in my own home.

I would assume in time, power plants, military bases, etc. would grow old and worn.  I would assume nukes would explode, power plants would blow up, etc.  So I would want to be in a safe spot to spend the rest of my days.

I would try to prepare an automated message, perhaps the last one to be powered by electricity.  So if someone else were to visit our planet, assuming life is out there, would know of what happened.

That is interesting... I never thought of it that way... Maybe the nukes will go off or maybe nuclear plants will go off with uncontrolled fission..... If so be the case, do let me know where you'd plan to stay... :-)

8. Markie W profile image60
    Markie Wposted 11 years ago

I would be very very sad... And I would also go through all the stores and do a ton of free shopping, live in whatever house I wanted to, drive whatever car I wanted to, and then continue to be very very sad and lonely. I would also most likely die pretty young because I'm not a doctor/nurse/dentist/gardener/ etc. I rely on society too much!

Chances are that you may not die young.. Whatever affected others did not affect you.. Add to that parasites, virus, etc.. were wiped out too... Sadness, I agree will give you company without asking....

9. Li Galo profile image75
    Li Galoposted 11 years ago

I'd move to a small farm with solar because I'd need food and farms tend to be set up for self-sufficiency. Where I live, there are many small farms with solar power and off-grid so they aren't hooked up to electrical or city plumbing.  But, I'd look for a small one, since it was only me to feed.  I bet I would read, sing, and work on projects in my spare time.  Hopefully, I wouldn't go crazy.

That's a good one... Also, since no one is there anymore all the wealth and possessions of the world becomes yours... And yet you would like to move to a farm.. .Very nice..

10. ocbill profile image52
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

Humans are made to interact, hence mouths and talking, so I  would have to get to a place where they are.

So, you will be hunting for people... I think even this would be an adventure..

11. snapbackbetty profile image63
    snapbackbettyposted 11 years ago

I honestly have no idea what I would do. I guess I would try to maintain my sanity the best way possible because I would have a really hard time knowing that I was on this planet ALONE!

Ok that is true... But how will you maintain sanity?... Your reality would have changed.... No neighbours, no friends, no family...

12. John MacNab profile image75
    John MacNabposted 11 years ago

I would say "Thank goodness, peace and quiet at last."  and then camp out in the nearest Tim Hortons until the coffee ran out, before moving on to the next one.  One thing I wouldn't have to worry about would be arranging for my funeral.

Interesting enough.... World is your oyster after everyone has gone.. Or should I say Tim Hortons is your oyster... Only check the expiry on the donuts...:-)

13. Lor's Stories profile image60
    Lor's Storiesposted 11 years ago

Well I really don't want to be the last person left on earth.
    Unless I knew God was creating a new Earth and I was in the New Garden of Eden.
    I think I'd wait for a new Adam to appear and would certainly make sure I was not tempted to eat anything unless it came from the hand of God,

Other than that I think I'd be very scared.
    But if there were animals around such as dogs I would at least feel I had some comfort.
    If not I'd probably die of fright.

Animals won't be there......but possibility of dying of fear, is something very much likely with me, too..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)