If Jesus never wrote anything why is the New Testament the basis of Christianity

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (54 posts)
  1. CertifiedHandy profile image59
    CertifiedHandyposted 11 years ago

If Jesus never wrote anything why is the New Testament the basis of Christianity?

If Paul wrote 2/3 of the New Testament is Christianity not a Pauline invention since Jesus wrote none of it?

2. SidKemp profile image85
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

In my view, you are on to something. I view Jesus, and not the New Testament, as the basis of Christianity. The bible can be used as a tool. But "even the devil can quote scripture." What matters most as a Christian, I think, is to open our hearts and minds to the heart and mind of Christ Jesus and let Him show us the way. If we read the Bible, then Christ can tell us its meaning.

Others view it differently. They find quotes in the Bible in which the Bible claims to be the authority and go from there.

Note: Paul wrote very little of the New Testament. Best evidence is that students of Matthew, Mark, and Luke wrote those Gospels. Acts was written by one of them, as well. John was written by someone else 200 years later. Some of the letters ascribed to Paul were written by Paul, but others were not. Peter wrote a letter. A different John wrote Revelation. It was all put together over 200 years as early Jewish and Christian followers of Jesus worked to sort out what they believed. And many of the things that were written, including one account as early as Matthew, Mark, and Luke, the Gospel of Thomas, were left out for political and other reasons.

So, a historical view is that the assembly of the New Testament was used to consolidate religious power. So the New Testament is the basis of an organized religion that calls itself Christianity in many flavors called sects. But the heart of Christianity is Christ.

I have a feeling I'm going to take some hit points for this answer. But I'm not going to defend my position. Let each believe as he or she will, in what he or she will.

1. celafoe profile image55
      celafoeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

unbelievable

2. Spongy0llama profile image81
      Spongy0llamaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very nice answer. You are absolutely right. Jesus was loving, benevolent, forgiving, tolerant... a lot of things that the Church just isn't.

3. TheDwetProject profile image64
      TheDwetProjectposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Could not have said it better!

4. Rodric29 profile image79
      Rodric29posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Celafoe, I could not agree more. The heart of Christianity is Jesus Christ. The books and letters are there to guide the saints and that is what those books and letters did for the early Christians. They only had the words of the prophets of old.

5. AlexK2009 profile image84
      AlexK2009posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I seldom see such a balanced answer from committed Christians. The whole bible was a political tool: Historically  the church persecuted believers like the Quakers who trusted their experience.  Religion has become a tool for social control.

6. SidKemp profile image85
      SidKempposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Christ is the Word, the Way, the Trush, and the Life. May we reach God through him, whatever role the Book (Greek: Biblios, Bible) full of words has in the process. Happy Easter!

7. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"So the New Testament is the basis of an organized religion that calls itself Christianity in many flavors called sects. But the heart of Christianity is Christ." Couldn't have put it better myself.

8. Ericdierker profile image44
      Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow!!! It must be Easter. "And Jesus started reading from Paul's Ephesians" Wouldn't that be funny. Or even better from Luke.
      He's Alive and I am forgiven.

9. Lady Guinevere profile image68
      Lady Guinevereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do agree with all that you have said.  Jesus was laso said to have spoken Aramaic, yet you don't see any translation in the Bible from any such thing.  Perhaps that is why there is said that Jesus didn't write anything down.,,,no translations....

3. gconeyhiden profile image63
    gconeyhidenposted 11 years ago

This is a good question and probably a very controversal one for many who were fed the breast milk of the church or Sunday school.  Religions that are created after the death of the founding religious figures such as Jesus, Buddha ect. undergo a transformation by the new leaders of the religion to make them more popular among the masses.  Buddhism was infused by animism because the masses would NOT give up their animist beliefs and so in many cases they became joined at the hip. This was NOT what Buddha intended.  As the Christians were led away from their Jewish roots and Jesus was declared a deity the stories of Jesus became the new bible and those in powerful positions in the Christian church shaped and created the bible itself and in doing so shaped the religion after much infighting and killing sorry to say.   I for one do believe Jesus does come back now and then, Martin Luther King Jr. was possessed by his nature of peace through love.  I think it a pagan idea to make great humans into Gods.

1. Rodric29 profile image79
      Rodric29posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is an interesting take on the subject. I am not a disbeliever in reincarnation, but I can see your point and respect your perspective. Being a Christian, I accept the truth that Jesus is a resurrected being who plans to return and claim kingdom.

2. celafoe profile image55

what rubbish

4. Dr. Haddox profile image61
    Dr. Haddoxposted 11 years ago

Before Jesus died, he and his disciples did a lot of talking and preaching. To make a very long story short, this history and loads of details on Jesus' ministry and manner of doing religion is called an "oral tradition." Later, during the first century, followers of Jesus, such as Paul (or Saul, if you prefer), wrote these things down into texts. Only some of these writings, or books, made their way into the New Testament. Therefore, there is a lot of stuff (writings or books out there), besides those that ended up in the New Testament, that talk about Jesus. By the way, the word "Christianity," means nothing in all of this. You can call it what you want to call it. Actually, Jesus did not call his people Christians. I don't think he called them anything. For the most part, these guys were Jews, so was Jesus, and Jesus' way of doing things, although it was different from traditional Judaism, did not keep him from been recognized as a Jew. The word, Christianity came about after Jesus' death. To be truthful with you, we cannot be sure that Jesus could even write. Maybe he could. Maybe not. I do believe he could read though because there is a scripture that indicated that he was seen reading out of a Hebrew Bible scroll. Oh, well! So much for this. Regards, Dr. Haddox

5. Ericdierker profile image44
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

This is a straw man argument/question. No body that I have ever heard of suggests Christ wrote any of the Bible. Who cares. An intelligent person cannot claim that something written of something is less valued than something written by someone. That is silly, Who would write of wars, who would write of miracles or natural events? I think I can say, I never read a word written by George Washington or Lincoln, quotes of theirs yes but not their accounts. I am quite certain I never read a word written by Cochise, Buddha or Churchill. Quotes yes.
    I do not think Plato wrote. I believe the Art of war was dictated and compiled.

The lack of writing lends credibility to the accounts. Christ taught in parables. Webster did not write one word of what was compiled as a dictionary. He wrote and others copied. Luther wrote extensively but only to support the Bible against religion, as Christ spoke extensively but only to support the Word against the law.

Paul is awesome, I do not think he wrote a third of what you claim, Titus and Timothy and Luke I understand were his learned scribes among others. In the 1980's I wrote nothing. I dictated and my secretary made it right.
    Nowadays I do not write out my sermons but others record and write some of it down. None of this is relevant to truth and faith.
    Who wrote the US Constitution? Who wrote the Bible?  Who cares? Who wrote so many nations' declaration of independence? Who cares?
    Did that astronaut really say "one small step for man, one huge leap for mankind"? Who cares.
    You quickly dishonor many scholars with your suggestion of an invention. You insult all Christians by suggesting it is an invention of a man.
    Please let me know your faith so I can just as easily denigrate it. And if you have no faith you have no business asking such disrespectful of others, questions.

1. lone77star profile image71
      lone77starposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good points. Marco Polo never wrote his tales. They were written by a fellow prisoner whose name I cannot even remember. But we remember "Marco Polo" about whom the tale is told

2. TheDwetProject profile image64
      TheDwetProjectposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do keep the Christ consciousness in all I do, but am not scared to admit the fact that Christ is a representation of the Sun. Because I am content with my relationship with GOD the Prime Creator and do not need a man made set of rules to know this.

3. CertifiedHandy profile image59
      CertifiedHandyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Eric since you used who cares so much, why should you care what my faith is. Scholars, real scholars aren't dishonored by questions. Questions are supposed to stimulate thinking, but to quote you "who cares?" Oh, I am nondenominational , but

4. James-wolve profile image75
      James-wolveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

@Ericdierker.There is difference between history ,art.. books and the Holy Books.The former ones are as you know subjective,based on emotions and speculations and the latter ones must be authentic,true ,divine and not contradictory.

5. Ericdierker profile image44

I am not persuaded they must be non-contradictory

6. taburkett profile image58
    taburkettposted 11 years ago

The new testament is a collection of vital information pertaining to the life of Jesus and his followers.  This included the desciples who immediately learned from and followed Jesus.  With each piece of vital informaiton, Christians of the current world follow the principles and teachings of Jesus.  Through these Christian's learn to properly live and exist in this sinful world.

7. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Jesus wrote on the hearts of those he met.

Just as the Ten Commandments forbid graven images, we must depend on spiritual, not physical evidence, in order to activate our rescue.

Paul wrote of Yehoshua and his teachings. They were teachings which originated with the Nazarene, but came from God.

1. Ericdierker profile image44

And though you were not there, you have humbled me by your wisdom.

8. TheDwetProject profile image64
    TheDwetProjectposted 11 years ago

@CertifiedHandy
    I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to ask me since I never said anything about discrediting Paul or any of his Acts or Letters. I find it interesting that you found yourself wanting to criticize my understanding of religion and to be honest, it shows me that you yourself are not completely satisfied with your own understanding or you would see the bigger picture in my hub which clearly you missed.  I will however answer with a Letter from Paul his self in 1st letter to the Corinthians: 1 Cor 1:10–18
    " I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas (Peter)"; still another, "I follow Christ."
    Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, so no one can say that you were baptized into my name. (Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else.) For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel — not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

@TheDwet, You can't be serious. Do you need attention that much? How in Heaven's Light did you reach such a conclusion; that my question somehow was directed toward you. But, you weren't the only one to go off the deep end on this one. You need Jesus

9. profile image0
    SandCastlesposted 11 years ago

People wrote about what Jesus said (very accurately). That's what I believe. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I believe Jesus existed and did incredible things and I believe people wrote about him.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image68

Jesus told us the he put all the laws in the hearts and minds of men..everyone!  We already know them.  He didn't fool around like the religions do.

10. followthestray profile image87
    followthestrayposted 11 years ago

It isn't really.  Jesus is the basis of Christianity.  You can believe in Jesus and accept God's Grace without ever having opened a Bible and it doesn't make you anymore or less important in God's eyes than someone who can quote from the Bible.

1. profile image0
      SandCastlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

But God does want us to read the bible. He has important messages in there for us like the ten commandments. The words of Jesus are profound and if we are to live by these words we have to know what they are. Just my two cents.

11. somethgblue profile image71
    somethgblueposted 11 years ago

According to my research 36 chapters of a total of 120 were translated into English and printed in America by Wild Flower Press called The Talmud of Jmmanuel, after their discovery in 1963. The man whom discovered Jesus' writings was subsequently murdered before completing the translations and the originals were lost to history or stolen as the case maybe.

The originals were written by Jesus' son Joseph and Jesus' scribe Judas Iscarioth and buried inside the original tomb he recovered in after his cruxifixction. Judas did not hang himself, as is commonly known and lived with Jesus' in India to the ripe old age of 90.

A very interesting book called Jesus Lived in India by Holger Kirsten, Element Book Ltd. explains much of this as does the book Pleadian Mission written by Randolph Winters.

One must remember that Christianity was created as a means of controlling the way humanity thought and served a very good purpose for a very long time but has now outlived its usefulness.

The Church in Rome realizes this and that as mankind evolves to a new understanding of his spiritual self the old paradigm of Christianity will no longer function to answers the fundamental questions humanity is asking. It is easy to understand the value of organized religion 2,000 years ago when the New Testament was written, as the average man needed spiritual guidance but since we have evolved in our understanding and knowledge our spiritual needs have changed as well.

1. AlexK2009 profile image84
      AlexK2009posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would love to see a copy of this book. Hopefully someone will put it on line.

2. somethgblue profile image71
      somethgblueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can get a copy from Amazon for only $11.00 dollars!

3. CertifiedHandy profile image59

@someblue, glad I could inspire you. Just remember me when the royalties start to flow; I'm serious

12. Steel Engineer profile image80
    Steel Engineerposted 11 years ago

The New Testament is NOT the basis of Christianity.

CHRIST is the corner stone of Christianity. Christians read the entire bible. The older portion: the history of the Israel, history of kings and prophets, those stories are considered a shadow and a type of what Jesus taught in the more recent portions: letters from apostles to the believers in certain cities, and the "testament" (personal testimony) of 4 of the men who walked and preached with Jesus, and cast out devils, and healed the sick.

And, faith in Jesus IS faith in God. Jesus said "I am fully in God, and God is fully in me." In another place, Jesus said that whoever did not receive Him as the Son of God, did not see Jesus [for who He is] and NEVER KNEW GOD.

God/Jesus/Holy Spirit and our "neighbors" - loving them - is the focus of Christianity.

Do not confuse the Roman Empire (reduced currently to it's Universal Church component) with the church of Jesus, the "body of Christ".

Christians are Christians without any book of any sort. OT, NT, it doesn't matter. Churches that focus on the book (and THEY tell you what it means!) are bondage. The goal is to know God, and for Him to know YOU.

Read Matthew 23. Jesus rejects some from entering Heaven. They say they cast out devils and healed the sick in the name of Jesus. He says, "I never knew you."

Those who helped the naked, the poor, widows and orphans, and those in prison-these Jesus accepts into Heaven.

13. tsmog profile image85
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

That is a trick question isn't it. Never in logic does not work with sense, since seeing is believing, yet hearing does work too. Heard and seen are one in the same as equals unless blind or deaf, yet today as then felt is as much or as little as braille is to touch. Yet, that all does not answer the question.

I see a simpler question of why the New Testament is the basis of Christianity while pondering the egg and the chicken or a haiku poem and an image becoming a Haiga poem. Can you have a new testament without Jesus? The answer is yes. As a testament of anything fresh of writing is new. So, new testament or old testament for this author is of no matter, since it is simply a testament.

The question is of what the testament be, although of a particular it seems to be one of many testaments of before and after, for sure it is of four, yet proceeds another testament, being old, while pondering the others of after.

The jest of a testament is not after more so of yes something did as was is to then, with a testimony not of writing, yet of the senses or experience. A court reporter uses an odd machine causing symbols to appear on a ticker tape of sorts, yet the testimony is not the ticker tape it is the spoken word or gestures of meaning of whom is testifying or offering a testimony of an event witnessed or at least something heard. Nothing more and nothing less. New is of next and not of when. See Galatians 2:20 and then ponder while seeking Hebrews 13:8 and enough of a puzzle will be offered to ponder maybe a lifetime.

Yet not spoken of or by Jesus they offer only a pause of thought for now and then while remembering of a testament or at least so declared by someone who said so. Geeeezzzzz I dun'no . . .

@tsmog, I see a simpler question of why the New Testament is the basis of Christianity while pondering the egg and the chicken or a haiku poem and an image becoming a Haiga poem. ... Why not post it?? Too simple for you right?

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 11 years agoin reply to this

More than likely I'm incorrect. I seek learning while having fun. There was not ill will of intent. A testament is an action of witnessing something. Jesus did not witness the 'thought' process of the new testament, yet witnessed of the old testament

3. Ericdierker profile image44

tsmog, I think He did. But what is cool is the thought. He was never witness. Even with pharisees, Pilate, and sophists. The dude was not here to school us or rule us. He was only here to love us.

4. tsmog profile image85

@ Eric, I concur & ponder knowing. 4 Gospels document not Jesus alone. They document the witnesses of the Acts of Jesus. There is a puzzle. How could there be so many liars? The Establishment of Existing. 4 documents of eye witnesses of many Acti

14. AlexK2009 profile image84
    AlexK2009posted 11 years ago

My understanding is a large part of the new testament was added by Origen several centuries later.  I am ready to be corrected on this.

15. Sushma Webber profile image73
    Sushma Webberposted 11 years ago

None of the world teachers and founders of religions ever wrote anything. It has always been the record of their disciples that come down to us. I think the reason is that spiritual experiences cannot be put into concrete words.

16. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 11 years ago

Paul is a fake.  Sorry that no one but a few believe that.  Jesus taught much and it was omitted from that Bible or what they call it today.  Heck most "Christian's"  cannot even quote stuff that Jesus said in that NT.  They quote from the OT which is DONE and they quote from anything that Paul wrote, and some of his writings are opposite of what Jesus said and believed and spread.  They call themselves Christians, but they don't read nor do they act or go by what Jesus says.  On Hnbpages some of my comments have been deleted and then some tell me to know they adversary.  This last person told me that is what they were doing when they went to my profile and then used it against me and made fun of me.  LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF...they don't GET IT.  DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO TO YOU,  well they whine as soon as they get back what they put out.  WHERE IS THE LOVE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO SHOW?  Where is the compassion Jesus talked about.  Oh it went in one ear and out the other.

1. celafoe profile image55

you sure are confused a lot.   you come on the Christian forum and trash Christianity and rant and rave and then you expect people to respect you and take you seriously? no it doesnt work that way

2. Lady Guinevere profile image68

Really? U are showing all the signs of being in a cult. Stay away from me.

3. profile image0
      SandCastlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some Christians don't seem to follow the teachings of Jesus, especially when they can't admit their sin and make excuses for their bad behaviour. I don't agree that most Christians are ignorant. And the OT is good background plus the 10 commandments.

4. James-wolve profile image75

@ celafoe,Everyone here has right to express his or her  own mind and to criticize what he or she  thinks is wrong.I read Lady Guinevere s comments.They were based on logic.I disagree with her about some issues but I respect her.

5. TerryK81 profile image60
      TerryK81posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I won't argue: but Paul is real and I can quote Jesus' words. But even this doesn't make me a christian. There are many fake christians, meaning they wear the title but do not live the life of Christ.

6. Lady Guinevere profile image68
  17. James-wolve profile image75
    James-wolveposted 11 years ago

The answer is we simply do not know why Jesus did not write any texts setting down His teachings, or give us any firsthand knowledge of His innermost thoughts. These questions, which have been a puzzle to people since the first century, have no real answer.
    Christianity is more about Paul's teachings than Jesus s.It was him who, more so than Jesus himself, shaped the religion that we know today as Christianity.
    Historically speaking, Paul decisively broke with Jesus’ original followers midway through his career, openly labeling them as “false apostles” and “servants of Satan.” What’s more, Paul altered Jesus’ message of a messianic kingdom of justice and peace on earth, which was drawn squarely from Jewish tradition. Instead, he transformed Jesus himself into the founder of a new religion that promised otherworldly salvation in a heavenly realm. Paul’s version of Christianity continued to develop independently of the gospel message that Jesus, James, and Peter preached, leaving the latter lost and forgotten.
    Basing his claims of authority on his visionary experiences are skeptical among some scholars.The great followers of  any religion are those who are in direct contact with the Master,the Leader,not those who came after them.If he(Paul) was that great,God wouldn't let him  come after Jesus (peace be upon him) s departure.The question is:Why God let men distorted His Word?The answer is very simple:To test His believing servants with various types of crises and disasters in order to distinguish the Righteous from the Wicked, to expose the Reality of the Human Being,to purify the ranks and ,more importantly,to reveal that the religion of Jesus is not the one that God chose  to be the last  and the perfect one for the humanity till the day of Judgment,but an other one,would come to correct the message of  God which was distorted by men  and return humanity back to the worshiping of one God.Islam was that religion and its Book  remained 1500 years,the same,no verse was altered or replaced,despite many efforts by atheists to find any proof to show the otherwise.
    Ps: There is an ancient letter that purports to have been written from Jesus. It is known as, "The Letter to King Abgar." Abgar was a real king who reigned from A.D. 9 to A.D. 46 in what is in modern- day Turkey.
    Many blessings to you,With much respect.
    James.

1. tsmog profile image85

I believe I understand. I ponder Luke 6:12 offering knowledge Jesus Prayed all night? By whose witness? And, 6:15 foreknowledge to the reader of a act of later at the time of choosing  that person of that act - Judas.  A spoiler? Version vs. Text?

2. James-wolve profile image75

Jesus bowed down to GOD Almighty only during his desperate times and not in any other time, this tells us that Jesus did not worship GOD Almighty properly during his normal times..This contradicts his real teachings.Look .Matthew 6:5-8.I love Jesus!

3. SidKemp profile image85
      SidKempposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We actually have a pretty good guess as to 2 reasons Jesus did not write. 1st, his ministry was only 3 years long. That didn't give him much time. 2nd, it is very unlikely he knew how to write a letter, as few of his time and class were that literate

18. TerryK81 profile image60
    TerryK81posted 11 years ago

No knows for sure if Jesus ever wrote anything (see last chaper, last verse of Gospel of John) and not to mention, the new testament didn't begin being written until at least 20 years after Christ ascended into heaven. Paul IS NOT the authority of the new testament because Paul quotes a lot of Jesus. It was Christ whom Paul (then "Saul") encountered on the way to Damascus and was given instructions from Christ personally as to what to do and where to go. Therefore, to anyone who has read and studied the bible as they so claim to have had, then they will clearly understand that (1) Christianity is NOT of Paul and (2) with a little common sense rooted in sincere bible study they will also learn that Christ quoted from the old testament because the new testament had not been written yet. In truth, all that Christ quoted was from His very own mouth. True, the prophets wrote what Jesus said, BUT the prophets got their inspiration FROM Christ. "All scripture is given by inspiration from God" (2 Timothy 3:16) and "In the beginning,was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" (John 1:1). The bible answers all questions we may have, as far as God will allow it. Moses got the 10 Commandments FROM God on Mount Sinai; the Commandments were not for the Jews only, because Adam and Eve weren't Jews! They clearly kept the Commandments AND the Seventh-day Sabbath (Saturday).  It's amazing how many people twist scripture and don't remember that (hello!) the old testament was written in hebrew, the new testament written in greek. The New Testament is NOT the basis for christianity: CHRIST is the basis and the root, because the root word of "Christianity" is......... Christ. Being a TRUE christian means to live, think and be like Christ. Going to church, knowing your bible, praying 50 times a day and singing hymns and shouting "praise the Lord!" does not make anybody a christian. That's legalism. "If you love Me keep my commandments"(John 14:15). When somebody truly loves their spouse, then they do the things that please their spouse out of love for them. If they do it just to do it but not out of love, then there is a problem. The Lord knows the heart (mind). See 1 Samuel 16:7)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)