Who is your favorite fictional female character?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (31 posts)
  1. wayne barrett profile image73
    wayne barrettposted 11 years ago

Who is your favorite fictional female character?

2. embarrett91 profile image61
    embarrett91posted 11 years ago

Susannah Dean, and not because she is the main female in Dark Tower, it's because she is strong and powerful even though she is handicapped physically and has multiple personalities, she strongly made it through a LOT of crazy shit!

wayne barrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Very good choice. She was definitely not someone to mess with!

2. David Trujillo profile image54
      David Trujilloposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A very original character, probably one of the reasons I finished reading the series even though it sucked at the end.

3. Theater girl profile image70
    Theater girlposted 11 years ago

Has to be Miss Katie Scarlett O'Hara herself. She was so beautifully flawed, she never apologized and she took care of her family (okay, herself too) A strong take no prisoners woman!

I knew I would get a least one Scarlett!

2. Theater girl profile image70
      Theater girlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not exactly original, I know!

4. jponiato profile image89
    jponiatoposted 11 years ago

I'll have to go with Stephanie Plum from the numbers series of books (like "One For The Money") by Janet Evanovich.  Especially when the series was new.

she's a new one on me! might have to check that out.

5. bravewarrior profile image87
    bravewarriorposted 11 years ago

I really like Samantha Stevens.  She's sexy, quirky, pretty, tries hard, but can change any situation with the twinkle of her nose.  Wouldn't that be grand?

Oh boy was I in love with her when I was a boy!

6. wayne barrett profile image73
    wayne barrettposted 11 years ago

I'm going to go with, Rowan Mayfair of Ann Rice's Mayfair Witches.

7. Shaddie profile image75
    Shaddieposted 11 years ago

Neytiri all the way wink I love everything about that gal. She is my role model for sure.

I saw the movie but have to admit...I had to look that one up. Good choice!

8. Willsummerdreamer profile image65
    Willsummerdreamerposted 11 years ago

Nynaene al'Mera from the Wheel of Time series...come to think I'd add every female character from that series lol. Robert Jordan really knew how to make a strong female character IMO.

She is another that I am not familiar with. I'm learning about a lot of new characters.

9. Solaras profile image94
    Solarasposted 11 years ago

Dagny Taggart in Atlas Shrugged.  She was smart, independent, efficient and could out do the men in a man's world.

Very good book as well!

10. TNT Husky profile image63
    TNT Huskyposted 11 years ago

Call me a fanboy, but it'd have to be Samus Aran, the main protagonist of the Metroid series

Thats a new one on me!

11. lilmissmeg profile image60
    lilmissmegposted 11 years ago

Princess Zelda! i love the fact that she is an edgy elf like princess.

Good choice. i have always liked sexy elves ; }

12. thost profile image62
    thostposted 11 years ago

My favourite fictional female character would be Jane Eyre, that woman had it all.

I was wondering when I would here from a Jane Eyre fan. She is definitely one of the tops!

13. ScarlaBlack profile image79
    ScarlaBlackposted 11 years ago

There are far too many great female characters to choose from!  One of my favorite is Namine from Kingdom Hearts, since she grows so much but doesn't have to become spunky or 'tough' to become strong in her own right (maybe that's why I have such respect for Gone with the Wind's Melanie as well).

That being said, my favorite female character from a more popular medium would probably be Katniss Everdeen because she was so strong and caring.  I think she's a great contemporary character for young girls to look up to.

Very good choice!

14. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 11 years ago

LOL!.

Uh...'scuse me.  Not laughing at the question.  Laughing at the difference in viewpoints on Nynaeve from The Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan) series.  NOT my kind of girl; Lan can have her (as if I or anyone else could come between those two). 
    But I do have a favorite character, and she IS from the same series:  Min.  No wizardly type powers, but a powerful seer, handy with a knife, and all girl at the same time.  That girl, I would not kick out of bed for eating crackers.
    Second place:  Katniss Everdeen of Hunger Games.  (Not the actress in the movies.  I've only read the books.)

15. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 11 years ago

Anne of Green Gables, definitely!  Such a zest for life in all her intense perceptions of it at any given moment she has; I just love that "aliveness."

16. Diane Van Hook profile image73
    Diane Van Hookposted 11 years ago

For me its a toss up between Dana Scully and Buffy Summers, with Xena a close third, and my choices get geekier from there...

17. lifetips123 profile image55
    lifetips123posted 11 years ago

Obviously, Little Audrey whose real name is Audrey Smith

18. David Trujillo profile image54
    David Trujilloposted 11 years ago

Lady Brienne, from Game of Thrones.

An ugly, male-looking women that follows knightly principles and fights for honor while being despised for her looks.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)