What age do you feel inside?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Anna Haven profile image71
    Anna Havenposted 10 years ago

What age do you feel inside?

I don't think as humans that we ever really age inside. The exterior may get a few lines, a bit bigger and maybe not as bonny as it once was, but the real you inside doesn't seem to change much. I feel exactly the same inside as I did at 18, although perhaps a little bit wiser and I think I always will. Do you think that the real you has aged at all?

2. JimTxMiller profile image76
    JimTxMillerposted 10 years ago

Sixteen going on twelve------------------------------------------.

Anna Havenposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well at least there is variety going on smile

3. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 10 years ago

Brain says 20, body says 110.  Yikes....................

That made me laugh Sarra Garrett. We will only ever be as old as we feel inside so you are just a mere 20 smile

4. aviannovice profile image85
    aviannoviceposted 10 years ago

Not at all.  I have enjoyed coffee and candy in moderation, too.  I worked a 15-hour day Friday, then a split 7 on Saturday.  Everyone got an energy drink on Friday that worked a long shift, but me.  The manager said that I didn't need it, which I don't.  The kids collapse before I ever will.

You definately have the right attitude. Thankyou Aviannovice for reading and answering smile

5. liesl5858 profile image84
    liesl5858posted 10 years ago

I may look young on the outside but I feel old on the inside, aching creaky bones and veins. I don't know the years are rolling by
    but my feelings are the same.

Absolutely  liesl5858,  we don't seem to age on the inside, thankyou for answering.

6. Abby Campbell profile image72
    Abby Campbellposted 10 years ago

I think it's all in the mind on what age you feel, but I do believe that physical wear and tear on the body plays a huge role too. When I was in my mid-20s, I felt old on the inside... mentally and emotionally. Why? Because I was very sick with cancer and other ailments. I was also told by my doctor I only had about 5 years to live. Just hearing that can age a person on the inside tremendously. After allowing some time to pass, I got my courage up to fight my illness. It's been 20 years since I beat cancer. In fact, I went into the field of nutrition because of my ailments in early adulthood. Due to the healing process of my physical body, my mentality revitalized. Since my early 30s, I have felt young again. I'm now 45, and I feel just as good as I did as a teenager both inside and out.

Thankyou Abby Campbell that is a really inspiring answer and I am so glad that you beat that awful disease.
        I agree with you totally  that there is a very strong link between the mind and the wellbeing of the body.

2. Abby Campbell profile image72
      Abby Campbellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you,Anna. Also, thank you for allowing me to share. :-)

3. Diana Lee profile image77
      Diana Leeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is an amazing story.  Thanks for sharing it.

7. profile image61
    DJ Andersonposted 10 years ago

Anna, I may feel like I am 102, but thank goodness, I only look 92. LOL

I feel perplexed when I hear someone say that they feel as young as ever.  You commented that you felt that we never change on the inside and that you felt exactly the same as when you were 18 years of age.

As I read the answers from others, they said much the same.
    Then, what the hell happened to me??  I do not hold the same political views, or religious views that I staunchly believed to be true.  My social views, moral values and and belief in the human race have floundered.  My definition of true love changed drastically within the last ten years.  Dreams and aspirations have been left abandoned. I no longer have the energy or dedication to give to talents that were once such a large part of my life. My children have grown up and are no longer available to me either by physical distance or emotional
    distance.

Today, I look for small opportunities to make a difference in someone's world.  I listen to my neighbor's frustrations and disappointments as she deals with her husband who has developed dementia.  I give hugs and encouragement to my
    neighbor of 10 years who has faced divorce, lost her job and now lost her home to foreclosure.  I hold the hand and look into the eyes of another neighbor who lost her son, her husband and her home within a two year period.

Maybe, I am at that point in my life that my dreams, and hopes have been lost in a sea of pain and disillusionment. The time has come in my life that it is no longer about me. It is about taking this opportunity to connect to others.
    I don't have much to give, but I have found that time to listen, a genuine smile, a hug or a hand to hold can go a long way to hearts that are hurting.

Thank you,
    DJ.

DJ I am just leaving for work but I will be on tommorow to post a proper reply smile

2. Abby Campbell profile image72
      Abby Campbellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

DJ - With all the suffering in the world, it's easy to be discouraged and allow it to affect the way we feel inside. I have felt some of the same ways you have as I'm in my mid-40s with all children grown. Giving rather than getting is a great focus.

3. Anna Haven profile image71

It sounds like you are at a transitional period in your life and the next  chapter is just opening.
      You are making life better for others and giving a lot which is great.
      You keep some dreams for yourself though,  as you really deserve them too DJ

8. profile image0
    Kevina Oyatedorposted 10 years ago

There are times when I feel old, but I actually feel like I am 15 when I am 24. It's weird.

Us humans are very complex creatures aren't we smile
      Thankyou very much for taking the time to read and answer Kevina Oyatedor

9. maggs224 profile image81
    maggs224posted 10 years ago

I know how old I am and if I forget my body reminds me lol... However, on the inside, even though my views and experiences have made me a different person to the one I was at 27, I still feel 27 on the inside.

I think maybe we never really age inside beyond the age that we felt the most comfortable in. Thankyou maggs224.

10. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 10 years ago

I'm 35. Sometimes I feel I'm 20 and sometimes I feel I'm 75. :-)

I suppose it sometimes depends on the way the day is rolling out smile Thankyou IslandBites.

11. Diana Lee profile image77
    Diana Leeposted 10 years ago

I often feel like I'm about a hundred on the outside and probably look it sometimes.  i still work at a job that wears me out and keeps me on my feet.  I can barely walk across the room at times. My inner me however is still in her twenties. I only wish I could still do some of the things I did back then.

Thankyou Diane Lee for reading and answering smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)