If you were to write and/or make a movie about one famous person who would it be

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (33 posts)
  1. bethperry profile image84
    bethperryposted 10 years ago

If you were to write and/or make a movie about one famous person who would it be?

If you had the chance to write and/or make a movie about the life of one famous person, who would it be? And what actor or actress would you pick to portray that person?

2. DrivingPeace profile image76
    DrivingPeaceposted 10 years ago

This is a great question. I think it would be very interesting to make a film about the life and career of the musician Peter Gabriel. The man has done so many cool things in terms of his musical evolution and his personal life that his story would make a fascinating movie. I would cast Anthony Hopkins to portray Gabriel, hands down.

bethperryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, interesting. I'm always for any movie Hopkins is in, too!

3. spartucusjones profile image90
    spartucusjonesposted 10 years ago

Mr.T. Mr.T would also be the only person with the acting chops to play Mr.T, so I would get him to play himself. I pity the fool who thinks this is a bad idea.

4. Emmyboy profile image79
    Emmyboyposted 10 years ago

If I had the chance, I will write about Mr. Curtis Jackson aka 50 Cent.

After recently reading the book 50th Law by Robert Greene and 50 Cent, I had a much more defined insight on how his mind worked and how great this guy really is and I knew then that and I knew then that I wouldn't mind to borrow some human management ideas from the guy and by writing such a book or making a movie out of it, so many people will also learn and appreciate the guy.

5. IslandBites profile image90
    IslandBitesposted 10 years ago

I would do a movie about Pedro Albizu Campos, because the world needs to know his story. (He was an intellectual and politician, leader of the independence movement in Puerto Rico. Was imprisoned by the US goverment where he was subject of torture and radiation experiments that ultimately killed him.

1. Billrrrr profile image85
      Billrrrrposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Dr. Campos was one of the most brilliant students ever at Boston's  Harvard University.  A racist professor robbed him of his degree.  A man of his genius should have received much better treatment in his native land &  most certainly in the U.S.

6. Nellieanna profile image68
    Nellieannaposted 10 years ago

I would choose my muse, Emily Dickinson, whose life is shrouded in mystery, though much has been written (and speculated) about it.  I would  write it from a perspective as if I were she and would fill in the blanks as I'd think she might have.

To play her, it's a toss-up between Saoirse Ronan and Emma Watson to play her, though either of them would need to study her accent; but since she spoke very little except to very close friends and to her dog, Carlo (whom she called "my shaggy ally"), perhaps accent wouldn't be a big obstacle.  Much of Emily would be expressed in her body language and through her actual poetry, with her thoughts that would accompany what she was doing or writing. 

Saoirse is noted for her ability with accents and Emma went to college at Brown, so maybe either of them would easily master the mid-1800s Massachusetts accent.

Saorise's lovely vivid blue eyes would require contacts.  Emily's eyes were, as she herself described them, "like the sherry in the glass that the guest leaves".  Most importantly,  each of these fine young actresses has an aura of unspoiled innocence which would allow one to believe her as 'The Belle of Amherst'. 

Other fine actors I thought of, but who are a bit too old and experienced, perhaps, are Michelle Dockery and Jessica Biel.  Perhaps they might play her as life moves on through the story. Such talented actors can usually handle any role.  Michelle has the perfect coloring, though she's so regal, she'd have to really act (and learn the accent).  Jessica has that sweet aura about her and could look the part.

1. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
      LastRoseofSummer2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

This came close to being my choice too. I really love Emily Dickinson and would like to see a movie about her life!

2. bethperry profile image84

Nellieanna, I'm a big Emily Dickinson fan myself smile

3. Nellieanna profile image68
      Nellieannaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Beth  -   Hello, fellow ED fan!  :-)

7. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image85
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 10 years ago

Empress Elisabeth of Austria would be my choice. I would particularly like to make people forget about those awful German movies from the 1950s which made her life look like a classic fairy tale when in fact her life was a living nightmare. I would like a movie to portray truthfully how she was trapped into becoming empress as a teenager and how her life fell apart as her marriage was ruined and her children died. Above all, I feel a movie about Elisabeth needs to show her assassination and the lead-up to it.

As for who would play her, I frankly don't know. Ava Gardner played her in a 1968 film about Elisabeth's son, and I thought she looked rather out of place. The actress in a complete biopic would have to realize this would be a very demanding role. She would probably have to lose a lot of weight as Elisabeth was anorexic. Nicole Kidman could have been a possibility, but at this stage I think she may be a bit too old to play the teenage empress.

8. Silva Hayes profile image78
    Silva Hayesposted 10 years ago

Nikola Tesla played by Robert Pattinson.  Tesla was of Serbian origin, tall, dark, slim, a brilliant electrical engineer and inventor who was famous and then fell into obscurity and died destitute, having lost his fortune and reputation.  I think Pattinson has the looks and the ability to portray this tragic figure.

Tesla, in my opinion, is one of the most fascinating people ever born. Did you see The Prestige? It wasn't primarily about him, but he was a character in it, portrayed by David Bowie.

2. Silva Hayes profile image78
      Silva Hayesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, bethperry, I haven't see "The Prestige" but now I will.  Thanks for telling me.  Tesla is one of the most fascinating people ever born in my opinion also.

3. Nellieanna profile image68
      Nellieannaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Tesla was  certainly one of the most interesting characters, as well as the most brilliant!  His social skills, however, limited him again and again, while possibly less brilliant -  but more diplomatic -  scientists ran off with the prizes.

9. Billrrrr profile image85
    Billrrrrposted 10 years ago

I would write and film the story of Massasoit, the Satchem of the powerful Wampanoag nation in what is now called the New England. 

The European settlers, in what they called "The New World" probably would never have survived  a single year without the aid they received from the great chief.  As long as he lived there was peace between the 'people' and the Europeans. 

Sadly, after he died the Europeans  turned on the tribe and nearly exterminated every man, woman, and child. 

They called it King Phillip's War  (King Phillip was The white man's name for Massasoit's son, Metacomet):  but how could it have been a war? -  when there were 50,000 Europeans in "The New World" and only 5,000 Wampanoags.

The Wampanoags had neither horses to ride, nor muskets to fire.  A hundred Arrows and a few Bows were the wrong things to bring to a war with the European wanchus (land grabbers).

Billrrr, very true. Our natives were quite impressive.

10. definitions profile image59
    definitionsposted 10 years ago

Gia Carangi.  She was an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, and was arguably exploited by the modelling industry.

1. Silva Hayes profile image78
      Silva Hayesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Did you see the HBO film "Gia" starring Angelina Jolie?

2. definitions profile image59
      definitionsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I did, it was great!  But I think something like a documentary would be interesting...

11. EJ Lambert profile image72
    EJ Lambertposted 10 years ago

William Tecumseh Sherman.  So much attention gets heaped on Lincoln, Grant and Lee that the amazing character that is Sherman got overlooked.  His story alone is worth a read, never mind the twists and turns of his complex personality.

1. Alastar Packer profile image70
      Alastar Packerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Here in the Carolinas and Georgia we know all about Old Crump, EJ lol. He made a lasting impression you know. How do you think his campaign orders compare to Lee's in his invasion of Pennsylvania? Your right, his story is fascinating.

12. Hariom Singhal profile image60
    Hariom Singhalposted 10 years ago

Gandi jee of my country would my choice.

13. Savio Dawson profile image91
    Savio Dawsonposted 10 years ago

Me, of course!

And then in the movie I will talk about all of those great souls, whom I think are great!!

14. Braxamiwths profile image58
    Braxamiwthsposted 10 years ago

I think I would write about Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin Jr. aka Charlie Chaplin. I think he is even now one of the most beloved actors of all time. Especially in the Great Dictator where he passes you a message while he makes you laugh! I think there arent many actors like him(maybe none) and he deserves a good movie about his life! smile

Braxmiwths, oh yes, a very talented man he was and what an interesting life! Did you see "Chaplin", directed by Richard Attenborough? An excellent film!

15. Alastar Packer profile image70
    Alastar Packerposted 10 years ago

Yes Beth, this is a great question. How about Beetlejuice of Howard Stern fame? Jes jokin' there of course. The choice could really change day to week, it really could. Lately here it would be either the number one tank ace of all time. That was Michael Wittman in WW2; who finally, for some unknown reason, seemed to make a suicide charge for Valhalla. Or maybe the boy colonel of the 26th N.C. regiment at Gettysburg, who's unit suffered the highest Southern casualties in that titanic battle on the first day including the brave young col.himself. Next week it might be someone from the mysterious and paranormal or artistic realm!

Alastar, I like the way you think. The heroic sacrifices of Father Emil Kapaun would, I feel, make a great topic for a film.

2. Alastar Packer profile image70
      Alastar Packerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Making a note to check out Father Emil Kapaun. Thanks Beth.smile

16. Dan Barfield profile image73
    Dan Barfieldposted 10 years ago

Hermes Trismegistus of Egyptian mystery-school fame smile In the movie he would be played by Johnny Depp... the sound track would be a combo of Pink Floyd, Tool and Pelican... that was fun smile

17. ParadigmEnacted profile image77
    ParadigmEnactedposted 10 years ago

Not because he's the best candidate by any means, but just because it hasn't been done yet, I'd go with Tycho Brahe. His relationship with Johannes Kepler was one of the more compelling stories of all time and produced a legitimate scientific breakthrough. Brahe was an outlandish figure in general and so there could be plenty of comedic high points.

He's too old to cover the full spectrum of Brahe's life now, but I always thought that Philip Seymour Hoffman has the right look and could have pulled it off when he was younger.

ParadigmEnacted, sounds like a very intriguing story!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)